Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingsley Not Invited to Combine

Started by TexArkHogFan, May 06, 2016, 11:49:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hawg Red

Little misleading to say Ben Simmons wasn't invited. 100% his agent told the NBA they weren't participating.

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 06, 2016, 11:50:43 am
Little misleading to say Ben Simmons wasn't invited. 100% his agent told the NBA they weren't participating.
Not misleading, it is completely false. Not to mention the link provided shows a picture that includes Simmons as an invitee. 

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: jry04 on May 06, 2016, 11:55:27 am
Not misleading, it is completely false. Not to mention the link provided shows a picture that includes Simmons as an invitee.

Simmons not on this list either.  http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25578601/nba-draft-combine-list-is-out-does-not-include-lsus-ben-simmons

As the article and Hawg Red pointed out it's not that unusual as several top players choose not to attend the combine every year.  Kingsley is not a top player however, and him not getting invited should end all speculation as to whether he'll be back or not.  Of course that's not set in stone but the odds on him returning I would say are pretty good/ 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

WooPig90

Simmons was invited of course. He just declined

TexArkHogFan

OK, maybe I should have said he wasn't on the list as opposed to not getting invited.

azhog10

I hope Kingsley does get a couple workouts. I think it would be good to establish some kind of relationship with an organization and that way they may keep a closer eye on him this next season. As an NBA organization I would try to bring in a few guys that I know I'm not signing this year, but want to get a leg up on the next season on who I might would want to follow a little closer to see if they develop into a player they want to invest in down the road.

BRHogfan

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2016, 12:36:33 pm
I hope Kingsley does get a couple workouts. I think it would be good to establish some kind of relationship with an organization and that way they may keep a closer eye on him this next season. As an NBA organization I would try to bring in a few guys that I know I'm not signing this year, but want to get a leg up on the next season on who I might would want to follow a little closer to see if they develop into a player they want to invest in down the road.
He supposedly has one setup with the Celtics.

BRHogfan

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on May 06, 2016, 12:21:52 pm
OK, maybe I should have said he wasn't on the list as opposed to not getting invited.

He was on the list from the article you posted from ArkansasFight.com

jjdlc

Quote from: azhog10 on May 06, 2016, 12:36:33 pm

Yes, workouts would be a good place for them to give him feedback on what aspects of his game to work on going forward.

jry04

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on May 06, 2016, 12:08:03 pm
Simmons not on this list either.  http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25578601/nba-draft-combine-list-is-out-does-not-include-lsus-ben-simmons

As the article and Hawg Red pointed out it's not that unusual as several top players choose not to attend the combine every year.  Kingsley is not a top player however, and him not getting invited should end all speculation as to whether he'll be back or not.  Of course that's not set in stone but the odds on him returning I would say are pretty good/ 
My point was saying he wasn't invited is incorrect. He WAS invited. Rich Paul, his agent, will not let Simmons participate, though.