Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

FineAsSwine

hawgwileywyatt

Quote from: Swinesong1 on May 02, 2016, 12:19:06 pm
Minny starting upcoming season.

Minnesota? If Pitino could put together a good team that would help us. He hasn't been able to do so so far. This last season they were horrible. We'll get to see Eric Curry in action at least.

RealHog

This will be fun to see, MN has been struggling in the Big 12 but Richard Pitino, Rick "Pimp Daddy" Pitinos son, is landing big classes, especially for Minnesota. I bet his Dad taught him a few tricks of the trade.

HoopS

Minnesota and Arkansas will start a home-and-home series next season in Minneapolis, source told @CBSSports. Return game at BWA in 17-18.

Atlhogfan1

Hope Minnesota gets better quickly.  We need some visible, interesting non conference matchups.  For now, this is another power conference bottomfeeder for a non conf home and home. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

uncle bubs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on May 02, 2016, 01:42:11 pm
Hope Minnesota gets better quickly.  We need some visible, interesting non conference matchups.  For now, this is another power conference bottomfeeder for a non conf home and home.
I'm assuming they're saying the same things about us. We both need to have good years to make this series interesting. I think on our end that'll happen.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: uncle bubs on May 02, 2016, 01:48:03 pm
I'm assuming they're saying the same things about us. We both need to have good years to make this series interesting. I think on our end that'll happen.

Absolutely.  It may be a part of why we continue to schedule the home and homes with Wake, Clemson and Minnesota types.  Or have to go to Dayton in a home and home.  Not an easy place to go for a power conference team.  It is part of that cycle we are in of needing some more appealing opponents but have to find willing opponents given our current status/appeal. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

gopherman23

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on May 02, 2016, 01:42:11 pm

Gopher fan here :)

We should be plenty better this year. Last year was a disaster. We started the season 3 men down. 2 transfers were sitting out and one of our recruits wasn't medically cleared due to a heart condition. We also had a Senior kicked off the team and 3 players suspended for filming a risque video, with a girl, which somehow got posted on twitter. The last few games of the season we were playing with 6 scholarship eligible players.

This season we return two good starters. Nate mason should be a top 5 pg in the Big Ten. He averaged 13.8ppg and 4.5apg as a Sophomore last season. We also return one of the best Freshmen in the conference last season in Jordan Murphy. He averaged 11.7ppg and 8rpg last season at the PF position.

We also bring in 3 transfers this upcoming season and a top 25 recruiting class, so there will be some talent and depth to work with, unlike last season.

BigD94

Quote from: gopherman23 on May 02, 2016, 02:14:37 pm

We should be plenty better this year. Last year was a disaster. We started the season 3 men down. 2 transfers were sitting out and one of our recruits wasn't medically cleared due to a heart condition. We also had a Senior kicked off the team and 3 players suspended for filming a risque video, with a girl, which somehow got posted on twitter. The last few games of the season we were playing with 6 scholarship eligible players.

This season we return two good starters. Nate mason should be a top 5 pg in the Big Ten. He averaged 13.8ppg and 4.5apg as a Sophomore last season. We also return one of the best Freshmen in the conference last season in Jordan Murphy. He averaged 11.7ppg and 8rpg last season at the PF position.

We also bring in 3 transfers this upcoming season and a top 25 recruiting class, so there will be some talent and depth to work with, unlike last season.

Sounds eerily similar
WOO PIG!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: gopherman23 on May 02, 2016, 02:14:37 pm

We are familiar with disastrous seasons and off seasons. :)  Intended style of play from each team suggests it could be entertaining matchups.  Thanks for the post.  We should have bottomed out this past season as well and our talent depth should be better (somewhat depending on Moses Kingsley's pro future decision).

hogwood

I want to play teams like Texas and Oklahoma regularly. Those are teams that we should be able to compete against but are maybe a bit better than us. We also have a history playing against those programs. It seems like it would be a good idea for both sides to reinitiate the series.

Swinesong1

Quote from: hogwood on May 02, 2016, 04:19:25 pm
I want to play teams like Texas and Oklahoma regularly. Those are teams that we should be able to compete against but are maybe a bit better than us. We also have a history playing against those programs. It seems like it would be a good idea for both sides to reinitiate the series.
Ask and it shall be given!  Longhorns 12/17 in Houston!

azhog10

Quote from: Swinesong1 on May 04, 2016, 05:30:32 pm
Is this December of 2017 or December 17th 2016?

ricepig

Swinesong1

Quote from: azhog10 on May 04, 2016, 05:35:21 pm
Is this December of 2017 or December 17th 2016?
I'm guessing this year.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2016, 05:37:41 pm
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/727986626232766464

This is a good scheduling decision and achievement.  So many positives.  In line with what I have been asking they do. 

hogwood

Quote from: Swinesong1 on May 04, 2016, 05:30:32 pm

Awesome! Very exciting! I think it should be a great game. I have posted before that I think we should play them annually. Especially now that Smart is the coach and employs a similar style of play. Starting the series again could highlight the style of play for both programs on a national level and enrich college basketball by featuring a storied rivalry. There are still a lot of fans that were around back when the rivalry was alive and the games would be well attended.

AWHAWG

Can't forget Sweet Tom and the Nolan Stroll