Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Campers for home games

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, April 19, 2019, 04:04:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

what's the likelihood of being able to get a spot?  Im contemplating buying a 5th wheel for work purposes and thought I could use it to save some money on hotels for home games.  Is it a possibility?

Inhogswetrust

We do it. Devils Den, Lake Fort Smith and Withrow Springs State Parks all have a lot of campers for the games. We do Withrow most of the time. Spots can be reserved but the State Parks require a 2 night minimum on weekends. There is also the campgrounds at Beaver Lake and Lake Wedington. The sooner you reserve the better.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pulled(PP)pork

what about close to the stadium?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 21, 2019, 12:25:05 am
what about close to the stadium?

There is a private campground on the shuttle route about a mile and a half from the stadium not to far from Baum. It's a membership deal and I have no clue how much it costs or if spots are available. Of the ones I mentioned Lake Wedington is the closest. Devils Den is the most difficult to get any trailer or RV into because of the roads to it being steep and sharp curves. Lake Ft. Smith is relatively easy to get to and only about 30 to 35 minute drive away.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 21, 2019, 12:17:30 pm
There is a private campground on the shuttle route about a mile and a half from the stadium not to far from Baum. It's a membership deal and I have no clue how much it costs or if spots are available. Of the ones I mentioned Lake Wedington is the closest. Devils Den is the most difficult to get any trailer or RV into because of the roads to it being steep and sharp curves. Lake Ft. Smith is relatively easy to get to and only about 30 to 35 minute drive away.
thanks sir, just curious if I could take advantage, hellatuff to get a room at the local motel

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 22, 2019, 03:00:09 am
thanks sir, just curious if I could take advantage, hellatuff to get a room at the local motel

Before we started to camp for games we stayed in one of the hotels in the towns north such as Lowell, Bentonville or Rogers. Never had a problem getting a room. It can be a problem in Fayetteville.

ladybackfan

Sure would be nice to own a couple of acres around NWA.  If I did then I would put the land up for trailers to camp during the sporting seasons.
They have cabins to rent across the street from Prairie Grove battlefield but do not the price of them.

ladybackfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 23, 2019, 02:18:56 pm
Before we started to camp for games we stayed in one of the hotels in the towns north such as Lowell, Bentonville or Rogers. Never had a problem getting a room. It can be a problem in Fayetteville.

They jack the prices up for football weekends though.  Most require a 2 night minimum.

ricepig

Quote from: ladybackfan on May 12, 2019, 10:13:19 am
They jack the prices up for football weekends though.  Most require a 2 night minimum.
I've never had a two night minimum north of Fayetteville, the rates go up a little everywhere on football game weekends, but the least up there. The HI in Springdale has had a two night minimum before, but I haven't stayed there in years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ladybackfan on May 12, 2019, 10:13:19 am
The farther out such as Bensonville, Rogers, etc. the less they increase the rates of any and I've never had a problem getting one for one night only. I've worked for hotels up there.