Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refs 78 Arkansas 75.34 FT's to 10

Started by forrest city joe, January 02, 2018, 10:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

What a disgrace. i watch this BS and it made me want to throw up!the refs saved Miss.State time and time again by giving them one FT after another.they kept them in the game by doing it. yet when our players drove to the basket their was no call.Mike Anderson should have gotten himself tossed out of this game. the refs in this game gave it to Miss.State.a 3 point win when you shot 34 FT to 10.the SEC should be embarrassed.what a disgrace.

Hog Pharm

Didn't know the goal was to keep the FT numbers as even as possible.

chortle

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:14:11 pm
What a disgrace. i watch this BS and it made me want to throw up!the refs saved Miss.State time and time again by giving them one FT after another.they kept them in the game by doing it. yet when our players drove to the basket their was no call.Mike Anderson should have gotten himself tossed out of this game. the refs in this game gave it to Miss.State.a 3 point win when you shot 34 FT to 10.the SEC should be embarrassed.what a disgrace.

That's horseshit. You have to outplay the refs. Miss St is awful.

We can't stop dribble penetration, don't defend the 3, and we take the most god awful shots at the worst times in close games. The refs didn't make CJ Jones jack a 3 five seconds into the shot clock. The refs didn't make Barford try some crazy ass behind the head pass with the game close in the final minutes. We just aren't well coached and disciplined to win close games. Period.

rude1

Joe I know you blame refs after every win or loss, but I have to agree with you on this one. We aren't even playing all out pressure defense and yet they still shoot 40+ free throws to our 12. That's an unacceptable disparity that I blame on the coach who sat over there and tolerated that whistle time and again with no strong complaint, it's no wonder they thought nothing of tagging us with a phantom walk to close us out. CMA has to start fighting for his team if he wants them to fight to the end, get thrown out if you must, but let them know you can see what is going on out there.

3of5-2

I hate the haters come out after a loss, and the cry babies that want to blame it on the refs.

LR_Matt

Insert obligatory "It's the refs fault" post here

Mr. Porkleone

Anderson no fire.   Nolan would have been Tossed

Letsroll1200

Corey Beck said it right on twitter... You have to earn respect! They flat out didn't get it done. Bailey played solid and Gafford was Gafford. Those senior guards should look in the mirror.

razorpimp

Quote from: chortle on January 02, 2018, 10:18:48 pm

We can't stop dribble penetration, don't defend the 3, and we take the most god awful shots at the worst times in close games. The refs didn't make CJ Jones jack a 3 five seconds into the shot clock. The refs didn't make Barford try some crazy ass behind the head pass with the game close in the final minutes. We just aren't well coached and disciplined to win close games. Period.

Exactly!!! Joe you are a damn broken record

userpick

Two games in a row your boy Mike draws up a fantastic play at the end of regulation out of a timeout.

Hog Milanese

We didn't play our greatest, but we win that game 99 times out of 100.

These officials were on another planet.

Hog Milanese

Quote from: userpick on January 02, 2018, 10:24:58 pm
Two games in a row your boy Mike draws up a fantastic play at the end of regulation out of a timeout.

Like the game really came down to that. Give me a break.

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:14:11 pm

Joe I would like you to watch all of these and finish your report by tomorrow

https://youtu.be/YkAX7Vk3JEw?list=PLJKwX12qL85WvMTlshiWdDEaXzR-BkYMd

Dr. Starcs

When you sleep walk through the first half on the road and settle for jump shots most of the game, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

You all should be used to this by now.

hawgwild child

Don't defend the 3??? We held them to 19% on 21 attempts

userpick

Quote from: Hog Milanese on January 02, 2018, 10:26:34 pm
Like the game really came down to that. Give me a break.

Well we lost by 3 and it was the second to last possession of the game, so yes, it did come down to that.

lookawayquick

Sorry Joe, Hogs had chances to put MSU away in the second half but wouldn't put a foot on their throat.  Poor offensive rebounding, horrible FT shooting, lazy defense and dumb decisions repeatedly by Barford beat the Hogs tonight.  The refs weren't good but this team has to toughen up and find a way on the road.  No excuses!  MSU is an average to bad basketball team.

Pigsear

The refs were bad but that's life on the road, no blocking out on rebounds, wild shots, can't hit free throws, no fundamentals. We beat ourselves!

hog.goblin

State missed 16 FTs and 17 3-pointers and still won.  We are lucky we didn't get blown out.  But Barford was off, and if he would have acquiesced to Macon on several of those final minute drives we still would have won.

We'll win most of our home games.
We'll lose at least half of our road games.

Still NCAAT bound.

forrest city joe

Go kick rocks. the refs screwed the Hogs out of this game. i am sick if them and all the BS.i don't blame the Hogs one bit for this loss. this game was lost because of the garbage refs.34 FT to 10.ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!

forrest city joe

I was wrong,it was even worse. Danny west tweeted this.       
Danny West
‏ @DannyWest1
27m27 minutes ago

Free throw attempts: Miss. State 40, Arkansas 12

SICKENING! SICKENING just SICKENING!

BassinHawg

Way too much One on One in CMA's offense, he has never had a true half court set with called plays and that's what hurts at the end of close games.

CMA is average at best and never could make adjustments and probably never will be able to.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:33:16 pm
Go kick rocks. the refs screwed the Hogs out of this game. i am sick if them and all the BS.i don't blame the Hogs one bit for this loss. this game was lost because of the garbage refs.34 FT to 10.ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!

announcers didn't think so. Anderson obviously didn't. We lost at Starkville again.

Time to move on. Auburn road game looms....

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:18:35 pm
Didn't know the goal was to keep the FT numbers as even as possible.

And it's not.. But it should be to call the game the same on both ends. You just didn't watch the game or you are just a troll. Or both.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hobhog on January 02, 2018, 10:37:51 pm
announcers didn't think so. Anderson obviously didn't. We lost at Starkville again.

Time to move on. Auburn road game looms....

Announcers spent the entire game give head to Miss State and their coach. They didn't notice anything until the end.

gchamblee

English Language: 1
Forrest City Joe: 0

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 02, 2018, 10:37:20 pm
Way too much One on One in CMA's offense, he has never had a true half court set with called plays and that's what hurts at the end of close games.

CMA is average at best and never could make adjustments and probably never will be able to.

Good lord give it a break.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:36:10 pm
I was wrong,it was even worse. Danny west tweeted this.       
Danny West
‏ @DannyWest1
27m27 minutes ago

Free throw attempts: Miss. State 40, Arkansas 12

SICKENING! SICKENING just SICKENING!

When you face a good defensive team like MSU and don't drive to the hoop you typically don't get fouled. On the other hand we almost always foul a lot. It's nothing new. I watched the entire game and might not have agreed with some calls but they weren't cheating us. Ranked teams overcome officiating.

Cale

Foul count:
Arkansas-26
misstake-11

FT:
Arkansas-5  of 12
Misstake-24 of 40

Rebounds:
Arkansas-39
Misstake-39

Shooting%:
Arkansas-51.6%
Misstake-42.4%

Look, I'm upset about this game too, but it's very clear to me that it took A LOT of calls in misstake's favor to win that game. They beat us in steals 3 to 8 and blocked shots also. We had 17 assists to their 9. The big difference here is how many charity stripe appearances they were given. We never even got to the bonus in either half.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

forrest city joe

Quote from: gchamblee on January 02, 2018, 10:40:28 pm
English Language: 1
Forrest City Joe: 0
Go kick rocks you scumbag! the Hogs got cheated out of this game by the bias BS refs.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Pigsear on January 02, 2018, 10:32:30 pm
The refs were bad but that's life on the road, no blocking out on rebounds, wild shots, can't hit free throws, no fundamentals. We beat ourselves!

OK what game has the difference in fouls been 40-12? What game was that?

Hog Pharm

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:39:14 pm
And it's not.. But it should be to call the game the same on both ends. You just didn't watch the game or you are just a troll. Or both.

I watched the entire game. You either can't think for yourself or don't know b-ball.

Willyboy

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:41:08 pm
When you face a good defensive team like MSU and don't drive to the hoop you typically don't get fouled. On the other hand we almost always foul a lot. It's nothing new. I watched the entire game and might not have agreed with some calls but they weren't cheating us. Ranked teams overcome officiating.

We drove to the basket A LOT.  C'mon man.  40FT to 12.  We drove to the basket WAY more than 12FT would leave you to believe. Garbage all game from the officials.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:41:08 pm

If you watched this entire game and only didn't agree with some calls you must not know anything about basketball.

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:41:41 pm
Go kick rocks you scumbag! the Hogs got cheated out of this game by the bias BS refs.

Won't get the calls at Auburn either so get ready to blame them now. Its life on the road. Gotta over come it. We didn't.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2018, 10:41:41 pm

Why would they be biased against us? We were the ranked team.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: hobhog on January 02, 2018, 10:44:01 pm
Won't get the calls at Auburn either so get ready to blame them now. Its life on the road. Gotta over come it. We didn't.

This. We were up 4 with 1:30 to play. Gotta finish.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:42:35 pm
I watched the entire game. You either can't think for yourself or don't know b-ball.

Wow you sure think you know something. You remind me of the guy in the office that never played, coached or officiated but in your mind thing you really know the game.

No person with a brain and eyes can watch a game where one team shoots 40 free throws and the other shoots 12 and think that didn't decide the game. BTW free throws are those shots where they stand by themselves with no one guarding them. They really shot 40.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Willyboy on January 02, 2018, 10:42:56 pm
We drove to the basket A LOT.  C'mon man.  40FT to 12.  We drove to the basket WAY more than 12FT would leave you to believe. Garbage all game from the officials.

Well it seems to happen a lot to us. So it's always the officials? Can't be our style of play? I've seen so terribly officiated games. This doesn't crack the top 10.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Willyboy on January 02, 2018, 10:42:56 pm
Exactly. If we shoot even 20 which we should have shot about 30 we win easy.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:47:50 pm
Well it seems to happen a lot to us. So it's always the officials? Can't be our style of play? I've seen so terribly officiated games. This doesn't crack the top 10.

I don't think you would even know if a game was terribly officiated.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:46:54 pm
Wow you sure think you know something. You remind me of the guy in the office that never played, coached or officiated but in your mind thing you really know the game.

No person with a brain and eyes can watch a game where one team shoots 40 free throws and the other shoots 12 and think that didn't decide the game. BTW free throws are those shots where they stand by themselves with no one guarding them. They really shot 40.

If your only way to judge officiating is by FT disparity you don't know what you're talking about.

chortle

chortle

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:49:20 pm
If your only way to judge officiating is by FT disparity you don't know what you're talking about.

For example, there were at least a 1/2 dozen MSU travels that weren't called.

But that is SEC basketball. This isn't new.

You overcome it.

synthartist69

Let's cut the BS. The refs screwed us.

jdlew

Still not good enough to win these games...its easy to blame the refs..Go check the Tennessee board after our game...see what they say about the refs...or better still go every board...if the game was close..they will blame the refs...

Hog Pharm

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 02, 2018, 10:48:52 pm
I don't think you would even know if a game was terribly officiated.

Well it's definitely not by your definition. Name 5 times they should have been whistled for a foul.

hobhog

Quote from: synthartist69 on January 02, 2018, 10:53:10 pm
Let's cut the BS. The refs screwed us.

Again. Happens every time we lose. Can't figure it out....

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:49:20 pm

Tell me another game where the disparity was this much? I actually judge on calls like Bailey going for a dunk and the guy blocks his wrist and arm and no call. Many others I might if I can find the time go back and watch the game and note all the calls the were missed or made up. Maybe not you would understand anyways. 

Hog Pharm

Quote from: chortle on January 02, 2018, 10:53:06 pm
For example, there were at least a 1/2 dozen MSU travels that weren't called.

But that is SEC basketball. This isn't new.

You overcome it.

Exactly, not saying the refs were great but good teams overcome things like that.