Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A & M Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, January 30, 2018, 05:58:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

At the beginning of the season, I had this game inked in as a loss. Now, not so sure.

Hogs 65
Ags   62
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

BannerMountainMan

I would usually pick Arkansas as a win but we all know A&M is really good even though they have struggled late...76-65 Aggies
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Oliver

The_Iceman

Aggies 78 Hogs 63. We start slow AGAIN. Get down by 10+ in the first half. Try to make a run, but this time fall short. All of Mike's usual coaching deficiencies and blunders are abundant.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

elksnort

RagingHawgOn

RacinRazorback

This is a hard one to predict! We can win but I don't think we do! A slow start will kill us and I think that will be our undoing! They have good inside play to go along with a good perimeter game, if we get behind by 15 like we have been doing every game, this one will be over. Macon can't bale us out every night! Hopefully Gafford has a big game to go along with Barford and Macon. TA&M 76 Good guys 65! Hopefully I am wrong!

jst01

Hogs run their style and wear down the A&M bigs.  Hogs 72-67

Hawg Red

I hope we pull it out, but I'm gonna say 79-66 Aggies.

hobhog

Weird how we have decent record but no one has any confidence in this team. I'm like the rest, slow start and loss to struggling team that will suddenly look great.

Flip side: could be huge win if pull it off. May get on roll.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Big Nasty 34

Not getting hopes up, Ags will shoot lights out most likely. Hope to be wrong, will watch it as usual!

GuvHog

A&M is really struggling with only 2 wins in conference play. If the Hogs 3 point shots are falling and they play defense as well as they did against OSU in the second half, the Hogs should get the win.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bacon_Bitz

3of5-2

gmarv54

Hogs 74 aggies 68.Another road win.

hogsanity

Hogs 65-63 in another sloppy foul filled game with A&M missing a wide open game winning 3 AND a point blank stick back in the final 4 seconds.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

26.2Hog

A&M is a turnover machine that is tied for last place in the SEC.   Hogs should win.

Iwastherein1969

Arkansas 79    Aggy 68    now that Bret Bielema has been moved off THE HILL the Hogs can now return to beating Aggy in all sports as we used to do. For some reason, Bielema's arrival at the UA put us in a tailspin every time we played Aggy no matter the sport. Well, now without the bad karma of Bielema hanging over us, Aggy will turn back into Aggy once again, Jimbo Fisher be dammed.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawg1221

If it's at A&M, Aggies going to win. I still have no confidence in this team. I don't go out of my way to badmouth this team, I just call it like I see it. And what I see is slow starts, which pretty much eliminates winning on the road.

razorpimp

to win this game the Hogs have to come out with high intensity defense and harass the A&M guards in a half court set plus shots have to fall early.....got to step on their throats early and discourage them...they're really down and they need to stay down

If they come out hot the game will be over before it starts

Champs04

rljjr

HawgTrough

you gotta think we're due for a hot start. But on that note, when's the last time we played with a lead? Could we hold a lead in such unfamiliar ground?
WPS

Hawg Red

Quote from: hobhog on January 30, 2018, 07:57:40 am
Weird how we have decent record but no one has any confidence in this team. I'm like the rest, slow start and loss to struggling team that will suddenly look great.

Flip side: could be huge win if pull it off. May get on roll.

We have 1 road win.

hogsanity

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 30, 2018, 09:54:58 am
you gotta think we're due for a hot start. But on that note, when's the last time we played with a lead? Could we hold a lead in such unfamiliar ground?

OR, after all the close wins, you have to think they are due to lose a close one.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2018, 10:16:11 am
OR, after all the close wins, you have to think they are due to lose a close one.

This team is due for two things: a couple of close losses and a complete, full game great effort of well played basketball - better than what we have seen in two months.  I expect we'll get both at some point in these final 10 games.  Just can't predict when with the roller coaster. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bhogs05

We will probably get A&M back on track..Ags 78 Hogs 65.

PermianPig

I'm afraid this is going to one of the tough road losses.  89-74

BDSCT51

As much as I'd love another Hog road win, I see it as:

aTm 92 Hogs 69

We dig that early 15 points behind thing and just can't figure out the reason their iron is unfriendly to our shots. Macon and Barford shut down/got cold/the dog ate their homework and finish with 11 and 8 points respectively. Gafford has a breakout game but we can't give him the ball enough (again!) to get us closer after the half. He ends up with 3 fouls at the 16:30 mark of the second half and that's all she wrote for this visit to aggieland. Jones and Hall have steady games but can't help close the gap due to the cold iron.
Bleeding Razorback Red

jabber71

You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2018, 10:16:11 am

I know they keep breaking your heart with every Houdini escape act but keep hope alive, they may come up just short on the road.  I'll be waiting for you to exhale on here. Until then, I'll savor every close win.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dropkick

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Going against the grain and staying optimistic. aTm is 2-2 at home in conference play. The two wins are teams we have also beat (Ole Miss and Mizzou). I see this game being similar to Georgia with the bigs. aTm shoots 32% from 3, that is good for 12th in the league. And they are under 70% from the line only 2% better than us on the year. I think we have a tremendous shot on the road with this game. 

Another close game 74-71 HOGS taking the +5

Mr. Porkleone

razorpimp

Quote from: razorpimp on January 30, 2018, 09:14:44 am
to win this game the Hogs have to come out with high intensity defense and harass the A&M guards in a half court set plus shots have to fall early.....got to step on their throats early and discourage them...they're really down and they need to stay down

If they come out hot the game will be over before it starts

Yea I don't see that happening to a full strength A&M squad that was #5 at one time....

DJ Hogg lights us up and he has a career night, and we can't keep their twin towers off the boards, this gets ugly early....I think hogs are down 14 at half

A&M - 82
Hogs - 68

GA reddiehog

hawg66

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2018, 08:46:44 am
Hogs 65-63 in another sloppy foul filled game with A&M missing a wide open game winning 3 AND a point blank stick back in the final 4 seconds.
haha. I see what you did there. Hey, I'll take it.

Hogball58

Hogs start the game hot. Blowing out A&M and never look back.  88-70. Go Hogs

Hogsfan1981

Most had us losing to Georgia by 15-20 points on here last week...who knows. Hopefully we start well.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on January 30, 2018, 12:38:08 pm
Most had us losing to Georgia by 15-20 points on here last week...who knows. Hopefully we start well.

What should scare people is that I had them beating Ga, and I have them winning tonight.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Wooderson

Comes down to rebounding and free throws on the road. Two things we struggle with.  Tough loss and the negatives Nancy's lose their mind.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Wooderson on January 30, 2018, 12:59:59 pm
Comes down to rebounding and free throws on the road. Two things we struggle with.  Tough loss and the negatives Nancy's lose their mind.

Correct on all points!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

phadedhawg

I keep picking loses and our team keeps proving me wrong. 

Bad guys 76
Good guys 68

Atlhogfan1

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/2928677

Typical high level enthusiastic anticipation for a home basketball game from our SEC opponent's fan base. 

As one Aggy put it in another thread, don't overthink it.  Fire BK and go hire Buzz.  If they care enough about basketball to pay what it would take. 

HogBreath

No score prediction for tonite's tilt.

But doubt there will be any congratulatory post originating from the Crowley's Ridge area after the game.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?