Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patrick Hudson.

Started by secneahog, May 28, 2016, 02:03:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Will not report to Baylor on Monday.  I wonder if we're back in the mix?  Is there any stipulations on him transferring?  I know we have a scholarship available.  Would take him in a heartbeat.  Thoughts?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: secneahog on May 28, 2016, 02:03:45 pm
Will not report to Baylor on Monday.  I wonder if we're back in the mix?  Is there any stipulations on him transferring?  I know we have a scholarship available.  Would take him in a heartbeat.  Thoughts?

I think that any recruit that cares about winning and going to bowl games would be idiotic to stick with their commitment to Baylor and that Hudson coming to Arkansas with our current needs and his talent level would be one of the best things that could possibly happen to us right now.  It's be a slam dunk for him too.

GuvHog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 28, 2016, 02:11:28 pm
I think that any recruit that cares about winning and going to bowl games would be idiotic to stick with their commitment to Baylor and that Hudson coming to Arkansas with our current needs and his talent level would be one of the best things that could possibly happen to us right now.  It's be a slam dunk for him too.

Agreed. If the Hogs have a scholarship available, they should go after him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jackflash

I think Arkansas would take him? I don't know how much he wants to come to Arkansas?

GuvHog

Quote from: jackflash on May 28, 2016, 03:51:58 pm
I think Arkansas would take him? I don't know how much he wants to come to Arkansas?

I believe the Hogs were originally #3 on his list.

East TN HAWG

I believe Pittman was recruiting him.  Wonder if UGA jumps in?   He would be huge if we could somehow land him. 

ricepig

Quote from: East TN HAWG on May 28, 2016, 04:26:19 pm
I believe Pittman was recruiting him.  Wonder if UGA jumps in?   He would be huge if we could somehow land him. 

Pittman recruited last year?

Pig in the Pokey

UGA doesn't have a scholly for him I don't think. Not sure on A$M, but I know we have 1 or 2 left. That would be a Yuuuuuge get.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2016, 04:27:06 pm
i hope so because that means there is very little relationship there. Ole Pittman wasn't doing much recruiting.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Richard Davenport

Best of my knowledge none of the Baylor signees visited Arkansas.  Not saying they won't visit, but that makes it harder.

Richard Davenport

Once Hudson decides I'll say something about Arkansas recruiting him.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 28, 2016, 05:02:52 pm
Best of my knowledge none of the Baylor signees visited Arkansas.  Not saying they won't visit, but that makes it harder.

Yep, he visited Baylor, Texas, and Georgia, and was committed to aTm at one time.

razorhog52

We have a scholarship. We need LT. It's a good fit. Whether he is interested is the question.

King Kong

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 04:22:23 pm
I believe the Hogs were originally #3 on his list.

I think we ended up like 5th. Behind Texas, A&M, UGA and of course Baylor

HOGINTENNESSEE

May 28, 2016, 05:26:31 pm #14 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:49:57 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: King Kong on May 28, 2016, 05:13:35 pm
I think we ended up like 5th. Behind Texas, A&M, UGA and of course Baylor

Yep, unfortunately he canceled that official visit he had scheduled the last weekend. I would feel much better about our chances if that had happened

GuvHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 28, 2016, 05:26:31 pm
Yep, unfortunately he canceled that official visit he had scheduled the lat weekend. I would feel much better about our chances if that had happened

Wasn't that because Briles threatened to pull his scholarship offer if he took any more visits??

ricepig

I thought we saw him as a guard, and were looking for tackles. Of course, we've put guys at every position this spring, so that shouldn't matter.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 28, 2016, 05:03:46 pm
Once Hudson decides I'll say something about Arkansas recruiting him.
Sweet. Hell yeah, RD. We could use this kid. He would take any remaining sting from signing day away in a heartbeat.
@Slackaveli

Großer Kriegschwein

That was what I was thinking.
This is my non-signature signature.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 06:24:59 pm
Sweet. Hell yeah, RD. We could use this kid. He would take any remaining sting from signing day away in a heartbeat.

Sorry, I meant before he signed with Baylor.

Hoggish1

Pittman recruited last year??

HamSammich

Quote from: Hoggish1 on May 28, 2016, 09:16:48 pm
Pittman recruited last year??

Arkansas recruited last year? Rankings seem the same.

secneahog

I'm sure Hudson and his parents will sit down and discuss the options. Curious to find out who has scholarships left. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 28, 2016, 09:10:17 pm
Sorry, I meant before he signed with Baylor.
ah, ok. I just wonder how many programs saved schollies like the Hogs did and already had connections to the kid. You got to think their aren't a lot of possibles for him.
@Slackaveli

presidenthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 11:22:11 pm
ah, ok. I just wonder how many programs saved schollies like the Hogs did and already had connections to the kid. You got to think their aren't a lot of possibles for him.
exactly I bet we are the only one.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 05:51:12 pm
Wasn't that because Briles threatened to pull his scholarship offer if he took any more visits??

He visited UGA and Texas Jan 19 and 22. I don't know why Baylor would then threaten to pull his offer for visiting us the next weekend.

I don't think that is correct

IronMountainHog

Quote from: presidenthog on May 29, 2016, 12:43:20 am
exactly I bet we are the only one.
Texas has 2 open according to one of their sites.

onebadrubi

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 11:22:11 pm

Unfortunately, I believe UGA, Texas, and Aggies have room

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 29, 2016, 07:57:15 am
Unfortunately, I believe UGA, Texas, and Aggies have room

I would imagine, most have room. Counting back almost seems like it involves fuzzy math at times, I wouldn't hold my breath, thinking we're the only school.

hawgfan4life

I'm highly suspect of recruits that committed to Ole Miss, Baylor, and such schools.  When Baylor goes from average to poor in every sport to signing elite players and winning on a high level in many sports, I'm skeptical.  Waco doesn't seem like it is that attractive a destination.

jgphillips3

Quote from: hawgfan4life on May 29, 2016, 08:41:49 am
I'm highly suspect of recruits that committed to Ole Miss, Baylor, and such schools.  When Baylor goes from average to poor in every sport to signing elite players and winning on a high level in many sports, I'm skeptical.  Waco doesn't seem like it is that attractive a destination.

Baylor is positioned about an hour out of Dallas and a little more than that out of Austin in a high tech corridor, in a high population state with a lot of powerful alumni in a football mad State.  Their rise is far less suspect than Ole Miss.

jjdlc

Quote from: jgphillips3 on May 29, 2016, 08:45:06 am
Baylor is positioned about an hour out of Dallas and a little more than that out of Austin in a high tech corridor, in a high population state with a lot of powerful alumni in a football mad State.  Their rise is far less suspect than Ole Miss.

It also took them a few years to build up to it, not overnight like Ole Miss. 

PonderinHog

An hour, huh?  Did they raise the speed limit again?

oldfart

for what its worth, Baylor is also a highly respected academic institution.. .not sure what a draw that would be to a player but it does to some

HogNDas

Ole Miss has some positive attributes as well.   Their campus/co-eds are beautiful.  Voted safest campus in the nation.  A lot of tradition.  I believe they've won 3 NC's and are close to Memphis where they recruit a lot of their student base.  I know of lot of central AR kids that go there and say they LOVE it...
One of the few School of Accountancy's in the nation which has a 100% job placement since it's start over 40 years ago.... Now Baylor, anytime a private school that supposedly has high morals and strict on-campus student rules emerges all at once, makes you wonder.  Baylor, TCU, SMU, and Rice were the DOORMATS of the SWC and it was always speculated that they could not recruit as well to private schools...
At least we can all count on OM & Baylor going through a down period... I don't think Miami and certainly SMU ever recovered.... WE GET WIN 3 in a row vs OM this year!!

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 29, 2016, 09:27:47 am
Ole Miss has some positive attributes as well.   Their campus/co-eds are beautiful.  Voted safest campus in the nation.  A lot of tradition.  I believe they've won 3 NC's and are close to Memphis where they recruit a lot of their student base.  I know of lot of central AR kids that go there and say they LOVE it...
One of the few School of Accountancy's in the nation which has a 100% job placement since it's start over 40 years ago.... Now Baylor, anytime a private school that supposedly has high morals and strict on-campus student rules emerges all at once, makes you wonder.  Baylor, TCU, SMU, and Rice were the DOORMATS of the SWC and it was always speculated that they could not recruit as well to private schools...
At least we can all count on OM & Baylor going through a down period... I don't think Miami and certainly SMU ever recovered.... WE GET WIN 3 in a row vs OM this year!!

Yeah, they got that 100% rate in the Civil War, they are ranked last or next to last in every conference academic ratings, and the are paying players. So yeah, they have a lot going for them.

HogNDas

Quote from: jjdlc on May 29, 2016, 09:18:14 am
It also took them a few years to build up to it, not overnight like Ole Miss.
I don't necessarily think OM was overnight.... If you recall,OM was 2-2 vs AR under Nutt Job.  Under Nutt Job, AR was 7-3 vs OM winning the last 4 when Oguhron was their coach.  In Freeze's 4 years, they have won 7, 8, 9, and 10 games...that sounds like steady improvement, much like what CBB is doing with our program....
Baylor, you're kidding me!...  This program has never been good and their facilities, until this new stadium opened, were pathetic.... I can name many prominent NFL players from OM, but pretty much Mike Singletary is the only name I can think of from Baylor.
Baylor and OM are very different situtions.....

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2016, 09:32:53 am
Yeah, they got that 100% rate in the Civil War, they are ranked last or next to last (In those cases, it's either US or Alabama #50) in every conference academic ratings, and the are paying players. So yeah, they have a lot going for them.
I'm pretty sure we were on the same team in the Civil War?   .....and trust me, my kin folk that live in MS love to say, "Thank God for AR".....but you are right, MS is last in SECONDARY school ratings, but that is a double edged sword....  With the demographics of their state, a lot of those fringe qualifiers are great athletes.... but they don't quality.... Unless David Saunders takes their ACT!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 29, 2016, 09:41:09 am
I'm pretty sure we were on the same team in the Civil War?   .....and trust me, my kin folk that live in MS love to say, "Thank God for AR".....but you are right, MS is last in SECONDARY school ratings, but that is a double edged sword....  With the demographics of their state, a lot of those fringe qualifiers are great athletes.... but they don't quality.... Unless David Saunders takes their ACT!!!!

I said SEC schools academic ratings, look them up, they only surpass Miss St.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2016, 09:47:09 am
I said SEC schools academic ratings, look them up, they only surpass Miss St.
Post them...you also referenced their CW performance so that made me question the accuracy of the academic assertions portion of your post....

jjdlc

Quote from: HogNDas on May 29, 2016, 09:34:34 am
I don't necessarily think OM was overnight.... If you recall,OM was 2-2 vs AR under Nutt Job.  Under Nutt Job, AR was 7-3 vs OM winning the last 4 when Oguhron was their coach.  In Freeze's 4 years, they have won 7, 8, 9, and 10 games...that sounds like steady improvement, much like what CBB is doing with our program....
Baylor, you're kidding me!...  This program has never been good and their facilities, until this new stadium opened, were pathetic.... I can name many prominent NFL players from OM, but pretty much Mike Singletary is the only name I can think of from Baylor.
Baylor and OM are very different situtions.....

We aren't talking on the field performance, we are talking recruiting classes.  They literally went from being a perennial 30-50 finisher to top 5 in one year, and were sustaining that.  Their on the field performance increase is pretty much directly a result of those highly rated recruiting classes.

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 29, 2016, 09:55:06 am
Post them...you also referenced their CW performance so that made me question the accuracy of the academic assertions portion of your post....

The CW reference was 100% of their male students volunteered and all were killed in the war.

Here's the link, and how they ranked.
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jjdlc on May 29, 2016, 10:02:17 am
We aren't talking on the field performance, we are talking recruiting classes.  They literally went from being a perennial 30-50 finisher to top 5 in one year, and were sustaining that.  Their on the field performance increase is pretty much directly a result of those highly rated recruiting classes.

Not only that they went to a top 5 class the first time without even winning more than Seven games. Zero reason for that kind of jump

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 29, 2016, 09:19:36 am
An hour, huh?  Did they raise the speed limit again?
exactly 100 miles to Austin from Waco (the sign in my old neighborhood in Austin said Waco 100mi) and I think exactly the same to Dallas from there.
@Slackaveli

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 29, 2016, 02:02:45 pm
exactly 100 miles to Austin from Waco (the sign in my old neighborhood in Austin said Waco 100mi) and I think exactly the same to Dallas from there.
Hey, I ain't sayin' it can't be done and I ain't sayin' I haven't done it, but have you driven that stretch lately?

SemperFi

Do we have any real chance to get this kid to be a Hog?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: SemperFi on May 29, 2016, 05:13:01 pm
Do we have any real chance to get this kid to be a Hog?

Nothing is impossible but it is unlikely. There was alot of talk about him being overrated after the aa game practices anyway

hawgfan4life

Seemed pretty quick in too many sports for me.  Men's basketball was in shambles and we couldn't recruit against them .  Football had a few good years over several decades and suddenly is a top destination to elite recruits?  Not buying it myself.  I've driven through Waco.  If Dallas/Ft Worth is your thing, TCU and SMU are closer.  Both are great academic schools too.  If Austin is your thing, Texas is there and still has far more mojo to offer than Baylor.

Sorry, but I am not buying Baylor is doing everything that great that they are a higher draw than Texas, A&M, and other nationally elite schools Baylor is beating in recruiting in football, and both basketball teams.

jjdlc

Quote from: hawgfan4life on May 29, 2016, 05:44:27 pm
Seemed pretty quick in too many sports for me.  Men's basketball was in shambles and we couldn't recruit against them .  Football had a few good years over several decades and suddenly is a top destination to elite recruits?  Not buying it myself.  I've driven through Waco.  If Dallas/Ft Worth is your thing, TCU and SMU are closer.  Both are great academic schools too.  If Austin is your thing, Texas is there and still has far more mojo to offer than Baylor.

Sorry, but I am not buying Baylor is doing everything that great that they are a higher draw than Texas, A&M, and other nationally elite schools Baylor is beating in recruiting in football, and both basketball teams.

Obviously they were taking the low life's no one else wanted.   

No one is really claiming their rise was squeaky clean, it's just much more believable than Ole Miss's meteoric rise.