factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on October 01, 2017, 10:51:04 am
Another picture from a fan who actually goes to games:

Quit, just quit, it doesn't go with the "there wasn't anyone there" agenda. Heck, just have them look at the construction cameras, it was about mid-1st quarter before the crowd was in their seats.

ricepig

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 01, 2017, 10:46:44 am
Not even close.    This shot shows just maybe 500 people in the upper east side.   Lots of empty seats on the low deck too.     More likely 45,000 to 50,000.   

That was before there was a score, late arriving crowd as traffic sucked.

WilsonHog

It occurs to me that there is one sure-fire way to get a good feeling for how many fans are in attendance.

Go.

Once you get there, you can look around the stadium and see.

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 01:01:08 pm
That was before there was a score, late arriving crowd as traffic sucked.
I think it caught everyone by surprise lol. Traffic was awful because everyone figured they could get by getting there late...because of the assumption nobody would be there.

I couldn't believe it myself...when everyone got there it was easily 60k plus.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Quote from: Hog Pharm on September 30, 2017, 03:30:02 pm
It wasn't. Late arriving crowd. I'd say around 65,000.

On the radio it was announced that the actual attendance was between 55,000 and 60,000.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on October 01, 2017, 01:12:27 pm
On the radio it was announced that the actual attendance was between 55,000 and 60,000.

Actual, would be an accurate number Guv, not a guess with a 5000 person difference, lol. So, in other words, there guess looking at the east side was that.....

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 01, 2017, 01:09:47 pm
I think it caught everyone by surprise lol. Traffic was awful because everyone figured they could get by getting there late...because of the assumption nobody would be there.

I couldn't believe it myself...when everyone got there it was easily 60k plus.

Yeah, I wasn't even going to the game as my daughter's sorority group rented out a room at JJ's. When I made the split to get off 49 to take 71/College to Dickson Street, it was bumper to bumper, 10 mph. I knew there would be plenty upset and late. The problem 11am starts have is everyone goes at the same time, those coming up the Hill, and those coming from the north.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 01:22:57 pm
Actual, would be an accurate number Guv, not a guess with a 5000 person difference, lol. So, in other words, there guess looking at the east side was that.....

From what I saw on TV, 60,000 maximum was about right.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

tphigh2001

Ok, I posted earlier that it was family weekend and most Frats and sororities had father weekend.  I am and have been a season ticket holder as has my father. I have worked my way up to where I want to be in the SEZ Outdoor Club and my father is a broils Mathews gold level sponsor and has very good seats.  He could not go due to medical issues so I gave his tickets to a young family who's 13year old said he would cancel his birthday party to be able to attend his first razorback game. I parked in lot 44, and at game time and thru out it was half full, maybe slightly more. I scanned the SEZ seats and was surprised at how many seats were vacant the entire game, the student section was horrible, in my opinion, from the start and got worse (saw more students partying at tailgates of houses than in seats.  The students there did a good job of supporting team though.  I was told, at daughter's dad day for her sorority, that packages were available for familys coming up in nose bleeds and they looked full until halftime.  the one thing that caught me pro to the game were the guys my dad runs with giving tickets away, and then looking at where those guys sit and seeing full empty rows that didn't show up on tv. Behind glass and east outdoor club covered seats. 
I am a lifetime member of the razorback foundation, even though I am not a true alum, my family are lifetime members and we will all continue to contribute annually, and go to every game myself and my father is able too attend, my daughter is a student and daddy pride and joy.  I will put my money where my mouth is and don't post here much, just observe.......
Game crowd was MUCH better than I expected
student section pissed me off from start
big money seats were too empty
I should never be able to pull out of Lot 44 in 5 minutes to weddington, but I did shortly after end of game
crowd enthusiasm was terrible, even with good crowd
Blast away, I will be at every home game and a few away games, even if I would love to see a new coach.

P.S.  I sat thru a new North End Zone suit speech and they are more like 100K a year for 7 years to use for 5 years or at least they were,

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: tphigh2001 on October 01, 2017, 02:22:11 pm
Ok, I posted earlier that it was family weekend and most Frats and sororities had father weekend.  I am and have been a season ticket holder as has my father. I have worked my way up to where I want to be in the SEZ Outdoor Club and my father is a broils Mathews gold level sponsor and has very good seats.  He could not go due to medical issues so I gave his tickets to a young family who's 13year old said he would cancel his birthday party to be able to attend his first razorback game. I parked in lot 44, and at game time and thru out it was half full, maybe slightly more. I scanned the SEZ seats and was surprised at how many seats were vacant the entire game, the student section was horrible, in my opinion, from the start and got worse (saw more students partying at tailgates of houses than in seats.  The students there did a good job of supporting team though.  I was told, at daughter's dad day for her sorority, that packages were available for familys coming up in nose bleeds and they looked full until halftime.  the one thing that caught me pro to the game were the guys my dad runs with giving tickets away, and then looking at where those guys sit and seeing full empty rows that didn't show up on tv. Behind glass and east outdoor club covered seats. 
I am a lifetime member of the razorback foundation, even though I am not a true alum, my family are lifetime members and we will all continue to contribute annually, and go to every game myself and my father is able too attend, my daughter is a student and daddy pride and joy.  I will put my money where my mouth is and don't post here much, just observe.......
I should never be able to pull out of Lot 44 in 5 minutes to weddington, but I did shortly after end of game
Blast away, I will be at every home game and a few away games, even if I would love to see a new coach.

P.S.  I sat thru a new North End Zone suit speech and they are more like 100K a year for 7 years to use for 5 years or at least they were,

I've sat through all four games this season and will add to your post that whether it's been 30k in Little Rock, 30k Hog fans in Arlington, or 60-70k fans in Fayetteville, I haven't seen an electric crowd that the team could feed off of yet.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on October 01, 2017, 08:58:04 am
But..... but.... you didn't take a picture off your tv..... "fake news".

What a joke the stay at home fans are.

what he doesn't realize is some of the stuff they show right before kickoff and sometimes  few minutes after kickoff was pre recorded 30 minutes before kickoff. but hey, im delusional.

gchamblee

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 12:58:16 pm
Quit, just quit, it doesn't go with the "there wasn't anyone there" agenda. Heck, just have them look at the construction cameras, it was about mid-1st quarter before the crowd was in their seats.

but like they said, people showing up is not a stamp of approval, but people not showing up is a stamp of disapproval :)

hog.goblin

Quote from: IronHog on October 01, 2017, 08:59:06 am
You wanted it now own it.......they need to just glass in the entire thing so the yuppies won't get sun on them.

I wanted what?  So called "fans" of the hogs to stop hating on the hogs?  Yep, that's all I want.  Go root for Ole Miss or Texas.  You'll fit right in.

tphigh2001

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 01, 2017, 02:27:47 pm
I've sat through all four games this season and will add to your post that whether it's been 30k in Little Rock, 30k Hog fans in Arlington, or 60-70k fans in Fayetteville, I haven't seen an electric crowd that the team could feed off of yet.
Thank you it has been bad! My wife even said the crown is not into being here!!!!

gchamblee

hog.goblin

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 01, 2017, 10:46:44 am
Not even close.    This shot shows just maybe 500 people in the upper east side.   Lots of empty seats on the low deck too.     More likely 45,000 to 50,000.   

And the pic shows that we were less than 2 minutes into the game.  It was a late arriving crowd, like every 11:00 game on every campus.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 30, 2017, 04:48:48 pm
Stop it. Has nothing to do with the kids. Has everything to do with the product on the field. It's lazy to blame an entire generation of people for an attendance problem.

Well, kids having a short attention span (nowadays) is a fact. Now whether that was the case after halftime was a question I asked, because I didn't know. The answer, covered later in the thread, was possibly that kids left during the 3rd quarter to meet their parents.

Your blaming the "product on the field" as why students don't come/stay is disappointing, if true. A strong student section should always be there no matter what, but that's just my opinion. I mean, 6 afternoons a year they walk to the stadium to watch a football game and support the team...sounds like fun to me. But if they'd rather rent a few kegs and stay home, I guess that's their deal. I certainly don't know the interests of the 18-22 demographic.

In my 4 years at the U of A, I never missed a football game (that was during Holtz' last 4 years as a Hog) and didn't miss more than 3 or 4 basketball games.

Actually, I think the pics posted here (looking west) look pretty good.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

gchamblee

Quote from: tphigh2001 on October 01, 2017, 02:22:11 pm

you have my respect. i like how you continue to support the players and university even when you want  coaching change. after reading your post, i consider your opinion more important than mine, and i mean that sincerely.

tphigh2001

Thank you sir, that means a lot, I try not to post too much, but I am afraid the wrong impression is given by TV, when I hear from others that they are nor happy.  I will be there every game, what I do?  I couldn't not be there, happy or not. My wife allows me to have th Hogs as a passion and with my daughter there now it is just more somehow?

1highhog

1highhog

Quote from: sowmonella on September 30, 2017, 03:17:03 pm
60,000 to 62,000 would be a good guess.

45,000 at the very best, and that's being generous.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

LZH

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 01, 2017, 03:05:28 pm
Prior to season.

I'm sure nearly every game at both RRS and WMS were pretty much 'sold out' for years. Attendance? Different deal.

1highhog

Quote from: Hog Pharm on September 30, 2017, 03:30:02 pm
It wasn't. Late arriving crowd. I'd say around 65,000.

You do know that RRS currently holds 72,000 people?  So you're sticking with 65,000?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 03:31:59 pm
on tv it did not look anywhere near 65,000
60,000 would be optimistic...About what would be expected for an early game against a rent-a-win team.

We won so it was a good day.

" GO HOGS "

1highhog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on October 01, 2017, 03:25:00 pm
60,000 would be optimistic...About what would be expected for an early game against a rent-a-win team.

We won so it was a good day.

" GO HOGS "

about 45,000 would be correct.  But we won so like you say, that's all that really matters.

VirginiaHog

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on October 01, 2017, 02:00:09 pm

The upper decks hold 12,000, so I guess they were empty.

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on October 01, 2017, 03:27:43 pm

about 45,000 would be correct.  But we won so like you say, that's all that really matters.

The lower bowl and club seats hold 60,000, so I guess the 5500+ in the west upper deck were cutouts?

Jimmy

Regardless of how many fans were actually in attendance, the east side upper always looks pathetic when the students don't show.  All those totally empty sections do NOT favorably impress anyone. 

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on October 01, 2017, 03:16:48 pm
You do know that RRS currently holds 72,000 people?  So you're sticking with 65,000?

You do know each upper deck holds 6000?

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 03:44:24 pm
The upper decks hold 12,000, so I guess they were empty.

Fans of WMS are pissed that a respectable number of Razorback FANS (from all over the state) showed up to a Razorback game in Fayetteville ------ despite a horrible time slot, a weak opponent, and a 1-2 Razorback team.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 01, 2017, 02:00:09 pm

This proves at least 70k were there.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: 1highhog on October 01, 2017, 03:16:48 pm

I sat in the SOC so I couldn't tell how many were in my area, but from my vamtage point I would say it's pretty close. 60,000 may be more accurate but it's hard to judge within 5,000 or so. I've seen less attended games announced over 60,000. Where did you sit?

hogfan10

Quote from: parallaxpig on September 30, 2017, 02:58:47 pm

That's probably close, it was a late arriving and early exit crowd.
Five minutes b/4 KO it looked like 35/40k, by mid 1st quarter it looked nearly full (from my seat).

TrueBlue

Quote from: factchecker on October 01, 2017, 03:47:40 pm
Fans of WMS are pissed that a respectable number of Razorback FANS (from all over the state) showed up to a Razorback game in Fayetteville ------ despite a horrible time slot, a weak opponent, and a 1-2 Razorback team.

Yea, that is it. Maybe the people that support WMS know how to spend their money wisely? Or maybe because Jeffy puts the Fayetteville tickets on Groupon??

https://www.groupon.com/deals/fanxchange-arkansas-razorbacks-football-t?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_dt_sea_ggl_txt_ttt_sr_cbp_ch1_nbr_k

You can get Coastal Carolina tickets for under $10 on Groupon.

Keep with your hate.

Maybe you can buy out Bielema's contract with that hate.

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 01, 2017, 04:14:16 pm
Yea, that is it. Maybe the people that support WMS know how to spend their money wisely? Or maybe because Jeffy puts the Fayetteville tickets on Groupon??

https://www.groupon.com/deals/fanxchange-arkansas-razorbacks-football-t?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_dt_sea_ggl_txt_ttt_sr_cbp_ch1_nbr_k

Keep with your hate.

Third party tickets, yep, or I guess Jeff is taking stacks of them out at lunch and then list I them.

factchecker

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 01, 2017, 04:14:16 pm

Keep with your hate.

A car dealer bought 100s (not sure if it was 300 or 400) tickets to the WMS game and gave them away for free..... FREE and the attendance was still dismal.  I guess I have a lot of hate since I was at WMS to watch the Hogs with my family.  Were you there?  Some of us support the program not the city or stadium.

Keep up your delusion.  Maybe little rock u will get a team and wms can sell it out for them.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ShadowHawg

sowmonella

Quote from: 1highhog on October 01, 2017, 03:02:06 pm
45,000 at the very best, and that's being generous.

MOTHO. Just plain dumb.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hog Pharm

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 01, 2017, 04:31:20 pm
No more than 50. Looked like Bud Walton town on tv.

I'm sorry but you an uninformed opinion if you're just basing it on tv. Crowd was late and left early but there were well over 50.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hog Pharm on October 01, 2017, 06:03:49 pm
I'm sorry but you an uninformed opinion if you're just basing it on tv. Crowd was late and left early but there were well over 50.

Saw it on tv. Laid eyes on it during the game. That's not uninformed.

Camera angles and resolutions can distort perceptions. Tv cameras are far superior to a phone camera. Tv showed multiple angles prior and during. Lots of silver throughout the stadium between the people seated. Adds up.

Upper decks about half full. That's 12k putting the crowd at 60k. Corners and top of the bowl easily missing another 4k per side.

I used to go to games when the place only held about 45k. So I know what that looks like in person. Crowd looked bigger than that but not significantly. Stadium looked about 2/3's full. That's pretty close 50k, Jen.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 01, 2017, 06:48:31 pm

Camera angles and resolutions can distort perceptions. Tv cameras are far superior to a phone camera. Tv showed multiple angles prior and during. Lots of silver throughout the stadium between the people seated. Adds up.

Upper decks about half full. That's 12k putting the crowd at 60k. Corners and top of the bowl easily missing another 4k per side.

I used to go to games when the place only held about 45k. So I know what that looks like in person. Crowd looked bigger than that but not significantly. Stadium looked about 2/3's full. That's pretty close 50k, Jen.

All depends on when those tv shots were taken. Crowd didn't fill up until about 20 minutes after kickoff. I've been to just about every home game for the past 10 years so I have a pretty good idea on crowd sizes and that was a lot more than 50k.

ricepig

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 01, 2017, 06:48:31 pm

The upper deck holds 12K total, the west side was 95% full and the east was 50%, do your math again. The visitor's section on the lower level holds around 6k, it was 40-50% full. The crowd was between 60-65,000 at it fullest, which was around 11:20ish.

hobhog

Only people who criticize crowds are the ones that don't go. It makes sense as people who go to the games tend to be more positive in general.

Bottom line- this team hasn't lost the fan base yet. WPS

WilsonHog

If you aren't at the game, don't bitch because other people aren't.

hogfan10

Quote from: 1highhog on October 01, 2017, 03:27:43 pm

Was there, sat on west side, don't know what was in East upper deck; but during the meat of the game the W side appeared to be 85/90% full; S outdoor club looked sparse, W outdoor club (where I sat) looked half full, indoor club areas seemed to have a good crowd milling about (don't know about the actual seats). I think a safe guess would be around 60k probably a few k less.

1highhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 03:46:10 pm
The lower bowl and club seats hold 60,000, so I guess the 5500+ in the west upper deck were cutouts?

Everywhere I looked in every section there were empty seats, and that's in every quarter, not just before the game, late in the 4th quarter like some of y'all are saying.  Even on some of the pictures posted, (by the way, you need to get a phone or camera that takes better quality pictures, those suck) you can see a lot of empty seats when the pictures are enlarged.