Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coastal Carolina Talent Fallacy

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, November 06, 2017, 06:47:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Coastal Carolina is a 1 - 7 Sunbelt team that has not managed to win a conference game. This time last year they were a Div II program. Do you REALLY think they have more talent than the hogs? Our average recruiting class is top 25. Anyone with any type of common sense knows that our backups should've been able to blowout Coastal Carolina. The problem is not just player development, it is decision making. You invite this type of debacle when you hire a former texas tech defensive line coach that we put over 400 rushing yards on. You invite disaster when you switch to a defensive scheme that alienates your best player on defense and inhibits his ability to make plays. The players are fed up. It was more visible than ever when Agim was ejected and he didn't even put up a fight about it. One of the most physical, hot headed players on our team willingly walked off the field. He looked like he was done. Im sure there are many players on this team that feel the same way
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

jst01

For sure. Just as most of the coaches have been preparing and planning their next coaching job, I think many players have also already made plans for transfer and they are done. And some Sr's have just gone thru the motions. You can just tell in the way a DB attempts a pass breakup and looks to see that the WR caught it and scored and the DB nonchalantly jogs to the sideline. Looks like half the team is going thru drills at 3/4 speed

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: jst01 on November 06, 2017, 06:53:27 am
For sure. Just as most of the coaches have been preparing and planning their next coaching job, I think many players have also already made plans for transfer and they are done. And some Sr's have just gone thru the motions. You can just tell in the way a DB attempts a pass breakup and looks to see that the WR caught it and scored and the DB nonchalantly jogs to the sideline. Looks like half the team is going thru drills at 3/4 speed
Its very obvious. This was even the case in the Ole Miss game when people on here were saying the team had quit. TJ Hammonds came in and sparked the offense and the entire team started playing differently
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Hoggish1

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 06, 2017, 06:57:07 am
I don't really know what?

If you think you don't really know then it's positive you don't really know.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 06, 2017, 11:32:35 am
If you think you don't really know then it's positive you don't really know.

How can anyone ever truly know anything?  If knowing that we know nothing is the ultimate knowledge, what then do we know?

Wildhog

Did someone say that CC had more talented players?  Must have missed that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Grag T

Quote from: hogz11 on November 06, 2017, 11:53:31 am
Listen to Bielema or Cole Kelly post game and you'd think Coastal Carolina was SEC caliber.

Well one could certainly consider them SEC caliber this year when you look at teams like Arkansas and Ole Miss, lol
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Wildhog on November 06, 2017, 11:44:47 am
Did someone say that CC had more talented players?  Must have missed that.
There are a few threads floating around that are basically saying that. Radio guys here in little rock have been saying it all morning. Arkansas didn't have the talent to compete with coastal Carolina. Are you kidding me?!

Wildhog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 06, 2017, 11:59:08 am
There are a few threads floating around that are basically saying that. Radio guys here in little rock have been saying it all morning. Arkansas didn't have the talent to compete with coastal Carolina. Are you kidding me?!

Well that's really stupid.  Has anyone informed them that that's really stupid?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977