Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AU game

Started by Razorod, February 25, 2018, 03:22:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Big game Tuesday night against the AU Tigers. Another win guarantees an above .500 SEC slate and may move us up a line on seeding. Plus, I just want to beat Pearl and the Tigers.

In your mind, what adjustments does Anderson need to make to come out of this game with the win?

Obviously, the injury depletes AU's depth and the Tigers have lost their last two road games.

Interested to hear what you guys think the game plan should be!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

arkansas1994

Get the ball to Gafford

(notOM)Rebel123

If we have a lead in the closing minutes of the first half, I'd like to see Mike leave our best players on the floor, with the exception of foul trouble.
Took Macon& Barford out with a lead late against KY, then had to put them back in after KY erased the lead. Same thing yesterday.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

raz1965

Auburn lives an dies from the 3, drive an kick is what they love added with screens for the 3 point shooter. The hogs of Arkansas must handle the inside defense an allow the outside defenders to stay glued to the Auburn shooters. Auburn is quick an defends with there hands alot, slapping at the ball constantly. The hogs will beat Auburn,  Auburn is quicker than A

Razorback_Mack

Run them off the 3 pt line. Simple as that.

BoarEd

They lost their big. The game plan will be to feed Gafford as much as possible. Inside out on offense. And on defense they will play full court press the entire game.

They should win.

alohawg

Quote from: arkansas1994 on February 25, 2018, 03:23:55 pm
Get the ball to Gafford

Agreed, but there are times he's forcing up bad looks lately when he needs to look for a spot up shooter instead. Hopefully it's being addressed.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BoarEd

The thing I've noticed lately about Auburn is they aren't playing well at all in the first half.

If Arkansas has a few guards get hot, we blow them off the court with their depleted depth

Dirty

Will Thompson start over Gafford because of it being senior night?

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: BoarEd on February 25, 2018, 04:00:06 pm
They lost their big. The game plan will be to feed Gafford as much as possible. Inside out on offense. And on defense they will play full court press the entire game.

They should win.
Are all these 'theys' the same?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

PORKULATOR

Give up the mid range to protect the 3 point line.
And don't over help.Better to give up a slightly contested 8-10 footer than a wide open spot up 3.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TushCrush

Just talked to my Auburn loving friend from Huntsville about the game Tuesday. He claims if we let them get offensive rebounds we will have trouble. He is probably right. FLA shut down the Auburn perimeter game Saturday night FTW. I suspect we will attempt to do the same thing.

Swinesong1

Quote from: TushCrush on February 25, 2018, 06:33:54 pm
Just talked to my Auburn loving friend from Huntsville about the game Tuesday. He claims if we let them get offensive rebounds we will have trouble. He is probably right. FLA shut down the Auburn perimeter game Saturday night FTW. I suspect we will attempt to do the same thing.
No full court press, do not help when ball goes inside, pound the ball inside on offense and contain Heron. 

WBOBO

Student section bring out the Sharkansas outfits?
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

razorpimp

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 25, 2018, 06:49:08 pm
No full court press, do not help when ball goes inside, pound the ball inside on offense and contain Heron.

Hogs do these things and they should win comfortably.

WBOBO

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 25, 2018, 06:29:05 pm
Give up the mid range to protect the 3 point line.
And don't over help.Better to give up a slightly contested 8-10 footer than a wide open spot up 3.
This may be the statement of the year.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Razorod on February 25, 2018, 03:22:11 pm
Big game Tuesday night against the AU Tigers. Another win guarantees an above .500 SEC slate and may move us up a line on seeding. Plus, I just want to beat Pearl and the Tigers.

In your mind, what adjustments does Anderson need to make to come out of this game with the win?

Obviously, the injury depletes AU's depth and the Tigers have lost their last two road games.

Interested to hear what you guys think the game plan should be!

I hope he plays a lot of zone. We need for Thomas to help along with get something from Jones-Hall-Bailey and we will win the game. If it reverts back to a Macon-Barford show we won't win this game.
Forgot go to Gafford early and often. I wish I could be there I expect it to be a great crowd.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: alohawg on February 25, 2018, 04:00:20 pm
Agreed, but there are times he's forcing up bad looks lately when he needs to look for a spot up shooter instead. Hopefully it's being addressed.

I don't agree he is taking the correct shots. Hopefully he keeps being very aggressive.
Don't agree at all.