Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo being negative

Started by twistitup, February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

The guy just oozes negativity.....
Angry lil feller- doesn't think J Long should have been fired...disappointed it didn't work out for his drinking buddy CBB

He loves the recruiting class being in the 50's...he has that childish 'told you so' attitude that makes a person want to puke.

He's not pulling for a turnaround...it's obvious
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Poker_hog

We wouldn't have cracked the top 40 with Bert.  And we all know Bert couldn't win unless he had a talent advantage.

Obviously I wish we had a higher ranked class but if it's the price to pay to rid ourselves of Bert, it's a small price to pay.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Ā 

grayhawg

Flrazrback

I think nearly everybody takes Bo with a grain of salt anyway. He makes his living talking about sports and drama sells subscriptions.

allhogislost

Be careful I mentioned the wee one in a post that was not nearly this negative and it lasted less than 10 minutes.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm
Angry lil feller- doesn't think J Long should have been fired...disappointed it didn't work out for his drinking buddy CBB

He loves the recruiting class being in the 50's...he has that childish 'told you so' attitude that makes a person want to puke.

I went out and checked my truck.  Sure enough, the radio had buttons so the channel could be changed.   ;D
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

JimmyJohnsonsBoat

Poor guy has little man syndrome

hawgon

As long as you don't have to rely on him to be your designated driver.

grayhawg

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 08, 2018, 06:43:58 pm
I went out and checked my truck.  Sure enough, the radio had buttons so the channel could be changed.   ;D
:o

twistitup

He used his platform to prop up a failing CBB and JLong - but is now using his platform to create dissension within the fanbase...

His glass is half empty w Coach Morris - strange he is not excited for change after the mediocre seasons we have been having.

NuttinItUp

Sounds like a rich man's truck to me. Quit bragging.

twistitup

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 08, 2018, 07:01:58 pm
Sounds like a rich man's truck to me. Quit bragging.

Next thing you know...Wayne will be bragging about all the money he made in the stock market today. Come to think of it, maybe that's why BO was sooo negative today - he might have a big chunk of money in the market.

I don't know the reason why...but you could feel it through the radio.

I realize I can change the channel, I just don't understand the lack of optimism for a coach that has been on the job a month.

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 06:56:06 pm
He used his platform to prop up a failing CBB and JLong - but is now using his platform to create dissension within the fanbase...

His glass is half empty w Coach Morris - strange he is not excited for change after the mediocre seasons we have been having.

If someone truly liked Bielema, why wouldn't he like Morris? I admit that I really wanted Norvell, but now I'm pretty convinced we hired the right guy. Norvell was a flash in the pan and/or trouble waiting to happen. I can't think of one reason that Morris isn't our guy.

Ā 

jjfmetal11

Bo is the king of DWI's.       His show is a joke.  Why anyone listen's to his a$$ is beyond me.   All that show is about, is ADVERTISING.

twistitup

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on February 08, 2018, 07:22:40 pm
Bo is the king of DWI's.       His show is a joke.  Why anyone listen's to his a$$ is beyond me.   All that show is about, is ADVERTISING.

I'm really not trying to trash Bo....I've listened to his show for years and I know he likes to stir the pot, but it usually has SOME merit.

Now it more like a little child that is angry and refuses to be happy - even when change 'for the better' is happening in front of his face. He will dismiss facts to stay on his negative agenda- kind of confusing.

kodiakisland

Just listened for about 10 minutes, but I didn't get negativity, just a bit of reality.  No matter how good you feel about the guys coming in, there weren't many of them, so that means we are going with what we already have.  How does that make you feel?

You bring in 25-28 kids and it's easier to find 5 or 6 that will contribute right away.  You bring in 14 and odds are there won't be as many to help right away.  That means whatever depth you had to end the year is what you still have.  Not a great situation to be in for us.  A team like Bama, not so much a problem because they have great depth.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

PorkSoda

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 08, 2018, 07:43:03 pm
Just listened for about 10 minutes, but I didn't get negativity, just a bit of reality.  No matter how good you feel about the guys coming in, there weren't many of them, so that means we are going with what we already have.  How does that make you feel?

You bring in 25-28 kids and it's easier to find 5 or 6 that will contribute right away.  You bring in 14 and odds are there won't be as many to help right away.  That means whatever depth you had to end the year is what you still have.  Not a great situation to be in for us.  A team like Bama, not so much a problem because they have great depth.
Morris's success next year isn't going to be based on this recruiting class.  it will be based on whether he can get more out of our current team than BB could.

Bret wasn't a bad recruiter by arkansas standards, so Morris should have an average amount of talent to work with.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ā€• Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." ā€“ Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2018, 07:45:04 pm
Morris's success next year isn't going to be based on this recruiting class.  it will be based on whether he can get more out of our current team than BB could.

twistitup

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 08, 2018, 07:43:03 pm
Just listened for about 10 minutes, but I didn't get negativity, just a bit of reality. 

10min?

Great, thanks for the in-depth perspective.

On another note...why did he want JLong to stick around so bad? Was he in a business relationship with the guy? It's almost like he lost money on the deal ...otherwise, why would he even care?

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

And it only took you 75 years to figure that out. Good job Buddy. ;D
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

kodiakisland

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 07:46:24 pm
10min?

Great, thanks for the in-depth perspective.

On another note...why did he want JLong to stick around so bad? Was he in a business relationship with the guy? It's almost like he lost money on the deal ...otherwise, why would he even care?

Hell man, if you can listen more than 10 minutes you may need to re evaluate your time management.  10 minutes of Bo a day is all I ever give him.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

supersaint

A baptist preacher hung up on Bo today.  I'd b slap Bart if I ever saw him. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

factchecker

I actually heard Bo defending Morris to a couple idiot callers today.

One of our wonderful fans said that John L had a higher recruiting class than Morris...... despite the fact that John L wasn't hired until after the 2012 recruiting class.

Bart (I have no idea what he does - is he an intern?) on the other hand was being SUPER negative.

Bo actually cut off and hung up on tiger bait (yesterday) when he was making fun of our recruiting class.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ā 

Hogaholism

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on February 08, 2018, 07:56:58 pm
I actually heard Bo defending Morris to a couple idiot callers today.

One of our wonderful fans said that John L had a higher recruiting class than Morris...... despite the fact that John L wasn't hired until after the 2012 recruiting class.

Bart (I have no idea what he does - is he an intern?) on the other hand was being SUPER negative.

Bo actually cut off and hung up on tiger bait (yesterday) when he was making fun of our recruiting class.

out of 50+ calls....that is all you have. I understand there are exceptions - but OVERALL - him and his sidekick are negative about the future...in an over-exaggerated kind of way. I just don't understand the basis for ANY negativity...CMM just got here w a new staff. At this point we know nothing...Bo was VERY clear - he didn't approve of the JLong dismissal - and said CBB was 2 wins away from still being here (he is still in defense mode for some strange reason)

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 08:13:24 pm
out of 50+ calls....that is all you have. I understand there are exceptions - but OVERALL - him and his sidekick we negative about the future...in an over-exaggerated kind of way

You have any quotes or anything else to prove your case.

I gave you two instances that I heard.

Bo kept repeating that the reason why our class was so slow was because Morris was hired late and that the early signing period hurt us.

I didn't hear him say that Morris needed to be fired or that he was a horrible recruiter etc.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on February 08, 2018, 08:15:39 pm
You have any quotes or anything else to prove your case.

I gave you two instances that I heard.

Bo kept repeating that the reason why our class was so slow was because Morris was hired late and that the early signing period hurt us.

I didn't hear him say that Morris needed to be fired or that he was a horrible recruiter etc.

I gave examples above about the JLong and CBB situation

....kept repeating we are WAAYYYY BEHIND, WAAYYY BEHIND (he doesn't know this)

....his minion called one caller 'stupid' for saying there may be talent on the team already from past recruiting

- not giving any callers credit for facts related to recruiting and how the numbers work - instead cutting them off to say IT IS WHAT IT IS - in a very condescending way. He was being a jerk and his sidekick was even worse. Something is strange....lots of butthurt in that studio
Sometimes it's not what you say it HOW you say it and the overall tone and attitude of the program. Amazing - fans feel a fresh start and BO is still hurt by the past in an obvious way. WHY is he still talking about CBB being 2 wins away from still being here - live in the present.

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 08:20:07 pm
I gave examples above about the JLong and CBB situation

....kept repeating we are WAAYYYY BEHIND, WAAYYY BEHIND (he doesn't know this)

- not giving any callers credit for facts related to recruiting and how the numbers work - instead cutting them off to say IT IS WHAT IT IS - in a very condescending way. He was being a jerk and his sidekick was even worse. Something is strange....lots of butthurt in that studio.

I think you are hearing what you want to hear.  Bo is a jerk to most of his callers b/c most of them are idiots.  For example, he went off on tigerbait and told him that the reason why our class was ranked so poorly (on Rivals) was because we were penalized for every spot below 20.  Dead silence from tigerbait. He didn't know how the rankings system worked.

The main thing that pissed me off is that he doesn't correct and cut off the callers more.  We have a chit ton of idiots who love to call radio shows.  I heard a caller blame his poor wages at Wal-Mart due to the stadium expansion.  It really hope some of the callers are plants just to get people to tune in.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

widespreadsooie

I don't think a lack of buttons is the issue.

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on February 08, 2018, 08:28:07 pm
I think you are hearing what you want to hear.  Bo is a jerk to most of his callers b/c most of them are idiots.  For example, he went off on tigerbait and told him that the reason why our class was ranked so poorly (on Rivals) was because we were penalized for every spot below 20.  Dead silence from tigerbait. He didn't know how the rankings system worked.

The main thing that pissed me off is that he doesn't correct and cut off the callers more.  We have a chit ton of idiots who love to call radio shows.  I heard a caller blame his poor wages at Wal-Mart due to the stadium expansion.  It really hope some of the callers are plants just to get people to tune in.

Did you not read the examples in the above post? He is still arguing CBB would be here w 2 more wins and that JLong should not have been fired.

There are several more example in the post and more that was said...it's not just my opinion - I was with a group of 7 listening and nobody could understand the arguing and negativity. His overall tone was a downer...it is what it is. A guy was talking about the numbers and how they worked - Bo cut him off and said we covered that yesterday, let's not try to paint a pretty picture - this was one of the worst recruiting classes ever....c'mon that is crazy to put this class on CCM - he just stepped in the freakin' door.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: supersaint on February 08, 2018, 07:56:12 pm
A baptist preacher hung up on Bo today.  I'd b slap Bart if I ever saw him.
Bo, Bart, etc are not from Arkansas. They enjoy putting Arkansas down in my opinion

factchecker

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 08, 2018, 08:30:53 pm
Bo, Bart, etc are not from Arkansas. They enjoy putting Arkansas down in my opinion

The callers do a good job of embarrassing/putting down Arkansas on their own.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hollywood_HOGan45

Sounds a lot like the nutters when we hired Bobby.

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 08:30:31 pm
Bo cut him off and said we covered that yesterday, let's not try to paint a pretty picture - this was one of the worst recruiting classes ever....c'mon that is crazy to put this class on CCM - he just stepped in the freakin' door.

They did cover it yesterday and Bo defended Morris the entire time.

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/961706727644246016

QuoteI think the coaching staff did the best they could.  They were put in a tough spot.  Regardless, Arkansas is now playing catch up with rest of the league.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

elksnort

Bo has to drive up listeners just like folks on here having to drive up the post counts

factchecker

Also, for those who missed it.

Bo did a cool interview with our director of recruiting operations - Brooke Stepp (Coach Stepp's wife):

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/961311332447543296

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

I don't think Morris is going to have any trouble recruiting in the future:

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFBRec/status/961774902654193665

That is awesome!!!!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

elksnort

The Grand Canyon's awesome. My spin instructor is awesome. Very little else is.

HogRockCafe

Bo's ratings explain his negativity.

rljjr

Quote from: factchecker on February 08, 2018, 08:34:54 pm
They did cover it yesterday and Bo defended Morris the entire time.

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/961706727644246016

Bo is typically the antagonist against the majority of his callers regardless of the topic. It's how he stirs the pot to generate calls, which drives listenership, which generates ad revenues.

redeye

And that's why you never see me complaining about Bo.  I listened to him once, changed the channel and now I hardly even know who he is.  Most of what I know about him is from what I read here.

BroyledNutts

This after pimping Morris as the greatest thing since lace up shoes during the coaching search, and attacking and berating everyone who dared to think we as a program should try to do better if we could.

My ears have finally stopped bleeding, and my pulse rate has stabilized ... and it all started with turning the Alco-Hobbit and his merry band of ass hats off. Permanently.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Never thought you'd be the kind to take up for Bo. He can handle these fools by himself. I wish he'd bite the bullet and come and get some real time debate action going.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hobhog

Weird. Hogville posters getting down on someone negative......

Hawgzinbowlz

Not at all...Bo is NOT a fan of the Razorbacks...Bo is a fan of the money generated off the passion of Razorback fans...and stirring the pot helps.
If and when Bo moves on he will not look back.

" GO HOGS "

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on February 09, 2018, 12:25:45 am
Not at all...Bo is NOT a fan of the Razorbacks...Bo is a fan of the money generated off the passion of Razorback fans...and stirring the pot helps.
If and when Bo moves on he will not look back.

" GO HOGS "
Exactly

twistitup

Bo is angry he lost his security blanket and does not have inside access he once had - it messed up his business plans and he's pissed.

....or he wouldn't bring up JLong and CBB still, the whole deal rubbed him wrong - because he WAS wrong. He said JLong is NOT going anywhere - two days later he was fired.

Al Boarland

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 08:13:24 pm
out of 50+ calls....that is all you have. I understand there are exceptions - but OVERALL - him and his sidekick are negative about the future...in an over-exaggerated kind of way. I just don't understand the basis for ANY negativity...CMM just got here w a new staff. At this point we know nothing...Bo was VERY clear - he didn't approve of the JLong dismissal - and said CBB was 2 wins away from still being here (he is still in defense mode for some strange reason)

They may have come to a realization.

Hawgboy64

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Bo would rather make excuses for his buddies Long and Bielema than having to work to have a good show.
Can Yurachek fire Bo?
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain