Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's how some recruit in basketball. Why not football, too....

Started by ballz2thewall, September 26, 2017, 11:01:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Because the AAU system has not taken control of football like it did with basketball.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 11:02:42 am
Because the AAU system has not taken control of football like it did with basketball.

With all the sponsored 7 on 7 camps and camps hosted by schools the talent pool is out there but elite players in football are usually headed towards a program that can get then national media attention i.e. championships, individual accolades and a b-line to the NFL.

Basketball is wide open like baseball and can get 2-3 elite players to make a team competitive for championships while football you may need 8-10 elite players in skill positions to be competitive...Just my thoughts

Seebs

You get to focus on 2-4 kids a year in basketball recruiting. You focus on 25 in football. The hit/miss is much higher in football. Just not a good return on your dirty money.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

LRHawg

The one and done rule is a joke. Not suprised to see UL on the list, they should also be able to find plenty of dirt on WWW and Kentucky as well.