Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What does 10-23 mean to you?

Started by Tejano Jawg, September 26, 2017, 10:51:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

This is a trick question, because that is my birthday. With it less than a month away, get ready with your gift cards and fruit baskets. Going into the A&M game, I was aware of Bielema's 10-22 SEC record, and I was hoping it wouldn't get to 23.

Some other Bielema numbers—
–0 for Kevin Sumlin (5).
–0 for the state of Texas in 2017 (2)
–Through the Aggie loss of 2015, we were 0-10 in games decided by 10 pts or less. (Our 24-20 win at Tennessee finally snapped that streak.) Later that season, we had OT wins over Auburn and Ole Miss. Bielema has improved to 6-12 in games decided by 8 pts or less. We have added one more OT victory (last year at TCU), but have lost 4.

Also, this is post number 11,111. Creepy, huh?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DeltaBoy

1. Jeff long hiring before him but the program in the ditch.
2. This Coach without Barry A can not consistently recruit.
3. 1&2 have put us behind the chains since 2014.
4. I see more pain and heartbreak for Hog fans.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BossHawg_Outlaw

How about 14-28 that is our record vs power 5 schools :puke:

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 26, 2017, 10:51:47 am
This is a trick question, because that is my birthday. With it less than a month away, get ready with your gift cards and fruit baskets. Going into the A&M game, I was aware of Bielema's 10-22 SEC record, and I was hoping it wouldn't get to 23.

–0 for Kevin Sumlin (5).
–Through the Aggie loss of 2015, we were 0-10 in games decided by 10 pts or less. (Our 24-20 win at Tennessee finally snapped that streak.) Later that season, we had OT wins over Auburn and Ole Miss. Bielema has improved to 6-12 in games decided by 8 pts or less. We have added one more OT victory (last year at TCU), but have lost 4.

Your number of posts is cool...look up the meaning of 11:11.  Now the rest is pretty gut wrenching facts (sans your birthday).  I really hope for all things holy the Hogs football program as a whole can find that missing ingredient and go on a serious run in the Win column. 

Seebs

As one gets older, all women at the age 23 are 10's. It is the illusion of youth.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogwild

He has a worse SEC record than Curley Hallman

onebadrubi

The date of the monday after we beat Auburn?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Seebs on September 26, 2017, 11:02:20 am
As one gets older, all women at the age 23 are 10's. It is the illusion of youth.

That the Truth.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

code red

I am reluctant to share what it means to me.  Here is my question.  What evidence is there....in the SEC...of a coach with a sub .500 record after 5 years...ever turning it around?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Grag T

10-23, ahh yes October 23rd.  I remember having to trim some tree branches away from the house so I got my extension ladder and went waaaaaaay up there.  Started trimming what I could reach, but more of them were too far above me so I decided to get up on the roof to trim the rest. 

So I go up on the stinkin' roof, thinking how far down it is to the ground, and how messed up it would be if I fell.  Started trimming the remaining branches...

And that was it.  Didn't fall or nuthin'.  In fact it was really uneventful.  But it was October 23rd... that is what 10-23 means to me.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Tusks

Time for BB to hit the road. JL can go with him as far as I'm concerned.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I don't put much on the 10-23 record due to the fact that we went on a 17 conference game losing streak, Take that out and youre looking at drastically different numbers
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 26, 2017, 12:43:47 pm
I don't put much on the 10-23 record due to the fact that we went on a 17 conference game losing streak, Take that out and youre looking at drastically different numbers

I'm not following this. Bielema lost 13 straight, over 2 yrs, before beating LSU to stop the bleeding.

10-23 is pretty ugly. Losing 2-to-1 in the SEC.

And happy birthday in advance Tejano Jawg. I like that better.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on September 26, 2017, 12:58:47 pm
I'm not following this. Bielema lost 13 straight, over 2 yrs, before beating LSU to stop the bleeding.

10-23 is pretty ugly. Losing 2-to-1 in the SEC.

And happy birthday in advance Tejano Jawg. I like that better.
10-23 is ugly, cant deny that. What Im saying is look at his record since he won that 1st LSU game. Its just a different perspective that changes his record
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 26, 2017, 01:04:24 pm
10-23 is ugly, cant deny that. What Im saying is look at his record since he won that 1st LSU game. Its just a different perspective that changes his record

I'm always willing to throw out Bielema's first season and record, right or wrong. Yeah, that helps a little. But only a little.

logic

Quote from: Seebs on September 26, 2017, 11:02:20 am
Not all 23 year old women are 10s, but it is amazing how many more there are now than there was years ago when I was in my 20s.

jst01

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 26, 2017, 01:04:24 pm

How bout the last 7 games?  2-5 doesn't look real good.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Forgot to mention, on a more positive note, your 11,111 post count is pretty awesome T-Jawg.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

What does 10-23 mean to me..?

It means 6-03
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Thinking about Bielema's 10-23, I was curious how some other coaches look. So, for perspective--

-Tennessee's Butch Jones (always the subject of disdain it seems) is 33-22 and 14-19 in the SEC.
-Florida's Jim McElwain is 21-9 and 15-3 in the SEC. (His conf record looks good, but that is the East for you.)
-Kirby Smart, in just his second year, is 12-5 and 5-4 at Georgia. Not a bad start.
-Gus is 38-19 and 19-14 in the SEC.
-Sumlin is 47-22 and 22-19 in the SEC.
-Miss State's Dan Mullin is 64-43 and 30-36 in the SEC.
...but...
-Kentucky's Mark Stoops is 22-31 and 9-25 in the SEC. Finally, we found our closest equivalent.

Hawgphat

October 23rd

Pecos Hog

HardCore

Means we need a new AD, then a new coach
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

shotgun7

While I as many others are getting frustrated with BB, the 10-23 is a little overstated, you have to throw out the first year you just do we lost a whole year and a half of recruiting. you even almost have to give him a pass on year 2, as all his guys would be freshman.
So, including the current A&M loss he is 8-9 in the SEC and including this years games so far this year  16 - 13 over all when you take out the first 2 years. So while it does look bad, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

johnny cash

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkSoda

it means CBB will never break .500 in conference here at arkansas.

it also means he will forever be known as the only coach to work here 10 years and have a worse record than Houston Nutt.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ICEman

Is 10 - 23 or the more focused 10 - 12 the number of Bigger's sightings at recent football games?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Art Vandelay

Quote from: shotgun7 on September 26, 2017, 07:54:37 pm
While I as many others are getting frustrated with BB, the 10-23 is a little overstated, you have to throw out the first year you just do we lost a whole year and a half of recruiting. you even almost have to give him a pass on year 2, as all his guys would be freshman.
So, including the current A&M loss he is 8-9 in the SEC and including this years games so far this year  16 - 13 over all when you take out the first 2 years. So while it does look bad, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

That's like asking: "Other than that how did you enjoy the theater Mrs Lincoln??"

You can't just forget the worst part!!  He was the coach, his team lost 13 agonizing SEC games in a row. No one made him take the job and a better coach would have found a way to win a few of those games.   You can't just pick and choose his record based on your opinion, he did actually lose those games.

PorkSoda

Quote from: commonnonsense on September 26, 2017, 08:22:31 pm
That's like asking: "Other than that how did you enjoy the theater Mrs Lincoln??"

You can't just forget the worst part!!  He was the coach, his team lost 13 agonizing SEC games in a row. No one made him take the job and a better coach would have found a way to win a few of those games.   You can't just pick and choose his record based on your opinion, he did actually lose those games.
however it does show that he improved from complete loser to mediocre.  of course this year looks like we are headed backwards again.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 26, 2017, 08:55:43 pm
however it does show that he improved from complete loser to mediocre.  of course this year looks like we are headed backwards again.
Thats part of the problem. His players, his plan, his failure. We all pay for but by God he is nice so we give him a break. Geez people.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Tejano Jawg

Realizing the my birthday, October 23, shares Bielema's SEC record is nothing to be thrilled about. I just wondered if there was some bigger, cosmic meaning. Especially since it was my 11,111th post. (I'm bummed this post is going to screw that up.)

While I will try to solve that DaVinci-Code-like mystery, you guys can keep trying to solve the problems with the football team—getting a better pass rush, better pass protection, stronger special teams, and how to keep our stars healthy.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

1highhog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 26, 2017, 10:51:47 am

–0 for Kevin Sumlin (5).

It means there's 8 days till Halloween?

HogShat

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 26, 2017, 12:11:12 pm
10-23 = stand by, right?

This was my first thought. 20 years in the big red truck will do that to ya...

DeltaBoy

It means we are still recovering from that Smile mess Long handed us.

lunchbox72703

Jimbob111

10-23 as a time or date means not too early or not too late. 10-23 as a win-loss record means abject failure at .303 percentage. As a CONFERENCE win-loss record it means someone should get fired today and someone should have been fired last Saturday by 3pm.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Redhogs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 26, 2017, 12:43:47 pm
Can't make up this kind of logic...you just can't.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 27, 2017, 08:40:35 am
10-23 as a time or date means not too early or not too late. 10-23 as a win-loss record means abject failure at .303 percentage. As a CONFERENCE win-loss record it means someone should get fired today and someone should have been fired last Saturday by 3pm.
Bingo.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

rzrbaxfan

10-23 includes an 0-8 first year...A first year that many of you said wasn't his fault.

10-15 is a 40% win percentage...Equivalent to Mullen's win percentage in his first 5 years at MSU.  7 of those 10 wins were by 8 or more points.  8 of the 15 losses were by 7 or less points.

I think 10-23 is pretty bad on the surface, but not as bad as it looks when you look at how we started and what has happened along the way.

Nosboar Accubond

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 26, 2017, 11:06:48 pm
Realizing the my birthday, October 23, shares Bielema's SEC record is nothing to be thrilled about. I just wondered if there was some bigger, cosmic meaning. Especially since it was my 11,111th post. (I'm bummed this post is going to screw that up.)

While I will try to solve that DaVinci-Code-like mystery, you guys can keep trying to solve the problems with the football team—getting a better pass rush, better pass protection, stronger special teams, and how to keep our stars healthy.

No need to pontificate on that too long, by the time your birthday gets here, the number reflected will be pointing to three days later.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 27, 2017, 11:11:28 am
43.5%

10 and 23 leads a total of 33 games,

10 divided by 33 = .303.

That is the math, not 10 divided by 23.  Nice try tho...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

PonderinHog

jgphillips3

mckinneyhog5

My moms birthday. That's what 10-23 means to me...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.