Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strivr Technology makes its way to Fayetteville

Started by Alyssa Orange, April 23, 2015, 10:21:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa Orange

Virtual reality (VR) has been around for nearly fifty years and the newest technology may give the Razorback Football team an edge in the coming season.

Strivr, the latest in sports VR technology, gives football teams and players an opportunity for a ground level 360 degree view of each position on the field to better prepare players and teams of schemes and formations.

The program is run after video is shot and loaded into a system.  The players can then put on goggles and see the different view points adjusting the view by just moving their head in either direction.

For more on the story click the link below.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/strivr-technology-becomes-reality-in-fayetteville/14246/qatxxgxpMEq0XqdQdJpnrQ

supersaint

It will also open a porthole to a mother dimension. Don't even go there.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: supersaint on April 23, 2015, 10:26:15 pm

But you can block the portal (port hole) with a frisbee so it'll be OK! lol. :)
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

jmb1973

Yea, this was reported five days ago by another poster.

factchecker

Quote from: jmb1973 on April 23, 2015, 10:35:17 pm

Alyssa is a sports reporter who, along with Bo Mattingly, did an in-depth story about the program.  I suggest you watch the videos. Pretty good stuff.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greenie

The biggest news in this piece, to me, is that they had VR in the 60's.  It must have been powered by LSD.

bennyl08

Quote from: supersaint on April 23, 2015, 10:26:15 pm

Well, at least you won't have to do laundry...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

supersaint

If you don't believe in the perils of virtuous reality, just watch the movie Lawnmowee Man. It will chill you to the bone r
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

PaintballHog

Was listening about this on Bo's show yesterday. Apparently the company told BB they'll travel down for free, just to have a chance to show him. BB agreed, and after he put the goggles on, he called Jeff Long right after telling him he has to see this. Apparently it blew Jeff's mind also. Those two don't seem to be the type to fall for gimmicks, so this stuff must be very impressive.

If the incoming freshman this summer are able to use this going up to two a day's, that will give them a hugeee head start.

Edit- I hope we have it up for the recruits to see this weekend

WorfHog

This is really cool, read the article about the system Stanford used last year. The future is now. What I wonder is does this count as practice time or film time?

GolfnHog

Quote from: WorfHog on April 24, 2015, 11:53:05 am
This is really cool, read the article about the system Stanford used last year. The future is now. What I wonder is does this count as practice time or film time?

I would suspect that it would be incorporated with summer workouts w/out the direct supervision of any coaches other than the S&C staff
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

MultipleScoreGasms

April 24, 2015, 12:06:50 pm #12 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:16:28 pm by MultipleScoreGasms
Doest though dare assail the fair Alyssa!  I smite thee my good sir!!!

Quote from: jmb1973 on April 23, 2015, 10:35:17 pm

Pigsknuckles

I volunteer to be a VR DB walk-on, and that begs an interesting question. Apart from the up front costs, it sounds like the real expense, and logistical load, may be the continual video library preparation for input into the system. That could eat up a lot of team resources. Would participants necessarily have to be on the roster (such as practice squad), or could knowledgeable volunteers fill that duty?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jmb1973

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on April 24, 2015, 12:06:50 pm
Doest though dare assail the fair Alyssa!  I smite thee my good sir!!!

Smite me all you want. She still won't go out with you, and she still got scooped.

jabohog

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 24, 2015, 08:04:26 am
Was listening about this on Bo's show yesterday. Apparently the company told BB they'll travel down for free, just to have a chance to show him. BB agreed, and after he put the goggles on, he called Jeff Long right after telling him he has to see this. Apparently it blew Jeff's mind also. Those two don't seem to be the type to fall for gimmicks, so this stuff must be very impressive.

If the incoming freshman this summer are able to use this going up to two a day's, that will give them a hugeee head start.

Edit- I hope we have it up for the recruits to see this weekend
The story I read on Fox news said Stanford's QB went from the low 60s to the mid 70s in pass completion %. Improved their red zone to 100 percent success, and avg score per game went up. Those are nice increases. It cuts down on QB rep and practice time and gets the back ups just as prepared for game action.

MultipleScoreGasms

LOL... Yes to the first part, and I smite you again.

Quote from: jmb1973 on April 24, 2015, 04:48:03 pm
Smite me all you want. She still won't go out with you, and she still got scooped.