Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red-White game info?

Started by humphrey, April 21, 2015, 03:50:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

humphrey

Is there any location online that has info for this weekend's Red-White game?  ArkansasRazorbacks.com has really disappointing coverage of this.  It's barely mentioned at all!  But all is not lost -- the Baggo Invitational was the largest story on the athletic dept's website.

Just looking for time, ticket, festivities, and parking info.  Other schools do a really good job with this:

http://www.utsports.com/gameday/football/
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/2015-orange-and-white-timing.pdf

Do we have anything like this?

MissippHog

Quote from: humphrey on April 21, 2015, 03:50:24 pm
Is there any location online that has info for this weekend's Red-White game?  ArkansasRazorbacks.com has really disappointing coverage of this.  It's barely mentioned at all!  But all is not lost -- the Baggo Invitational was the largest story on the athletic dept's website.

Just looking for time, ticket, festivities, and parking info.  Other schools do a really good job with this:

http://www.utsports.com/gameday/football/
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/2015-orange-and-white-timing.pdf

Do we have anything like this?

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackfb-to-recognize-breast-cancer-survivors-at-spring-game-04-21-2015

bennyl08

Also, how does CBB do the spring game again? Is it 1's v 1's? 1's v 2's, mixed rosters? I feel like I remember him doing offense vs defense in the past with special teams in between the quarters to give defense more points.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

gmarv

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 21, 2015, 05:11:12 pm
Also, how does CBB do the spring game again? Is it 1's v 1's? 1's v 2's, mixed rosters? I feel like I remember him doing offense vs defense in the past with special teams in between the quarters to give defense more points.

he said in some interview I saw that it would be 1,s versuses the rest of the team on both sides of the ball.he has added a twist by doubling all scoring by the rest of the team.

humphrey

Quote from: younghog on April 21, 2015, 05:15:12 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/red_white_spring_game_information_209477402

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackfb-spring-game-to-air-on-sec-network-alternate-03-27-2015

Thanks for your help, guys!

I did notice, though, that your first link is for last year's Red-White Game.  I hope the parking and gate info will be similar this year.  Your second link tells game time and location, but not much else.

I must say that I'm disappointed in the athletic department's communication plan for this event.  We're only a few days away from the Red-White game and their website makes no mention of the game (unless you know where to look -- then, it still takes about 10 different screens to get to and all it says is time and stadium).

Are they scaling back the event this year?  It sure sounds like it.

ricepig

Quote from: humphrey on April 21, 2015, 09:06:33 pm

I did notice, though, that your first link is for last year's Red-White Game.  I hope the parking and gate info will be similar this year.  Your second link tells game time and location, but not much else.

I must say that I'm disappointed in the athletic department's communication plan for this event.  We're only a few days away from the Red-White game and their website makes no mention of the game (unless you know where to look -- then, it still takes about 10 different screens to get to and all it says is time and stadium).

Nope, they aren't. I see several tweets daily from the athletic department employees on it.

rzrbaxfan

Does anyone know if the band and cheerleaders will be there?  I have two little girls who will love watching them more than the scrimmage.

bigdaddyhawg

Got a question about parking... normally I park at Baum and ride the shuttle up the hill, but the Diamond Hogs have a game Saturday.

Does anyone know if they've made some other parking arrangements with the buses, or they going to try to get everyone into Baum??

Thanks!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 22, 2015, 01:01:54 pm
Got a question about parking... normally I park at Baum and ride the shuttle up the hill, but the Diamond Hogs have a game Saturday.

Does anyone know if they've made some other parking arrangements with the buses, or they going to try to get everyone into Baum??

Thanks!!

Buses start at 8:30 AM, per Long.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on April 22, 2015, 11:45:03 am
Does anyone know if the band and cheerleaders will be there?  I have two little girls who will love watching them more than the scrimmage.

I doubt the band will be there. 

Oklahawg

Band and cheerleaders are always there.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

factchecker

Quote from: humphrey on April 21, 2015, 09:06:33 pm

Doesn't look like they are scaling back.  They are probably having to coordinate activities with the SEC Network.  Here is a link to the activities planned:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackfb-red-white-spring-game-information-04-22-2015

text:

Friday, April 24

ALL DAY - Razorback Friday: Wear Cardinal and White!

6:35 p.m. - Baseball hosts Mississippi State for Game 1 of its conference series in Baum Stadium. Purchase tickets to the game here.

Saturday, April 25

9 a.m. - RazorFest opens in lot 44 and runs until 12:30 p.m. The free event will feature health and wellness fun zones, live music, inflatables, games, giveaways and autographs. Fans are encouraged to bring canned food items for North West Arkansas Food Bank and UA Full Circle Pantry. Canned food bins will be located throughout the RazorFest area as well as gates 1, 12, 15 and 16.

9 a.m. - Hog Heaven opens - three locations: Trailer in southeast corner of Lot 44 at RazorFest, Bud Walton Arena and Hog Heaven in the stadium. All Hog Heaven Locations will be having a Spring Sale offering 20 percent discount on non-discounted items for all fans.

9 a.m. - Tusk scheduled to arrive at Gate 12 near 9 a.m.

10 a.m. - Razorback football head coach Bret Bielema will address Arkansas fans on the RazorFest stage in Lot 44.

11 a.m. - Volleyball hosts TCU for a spring match in Barnhill Arena. The match is open to the public and admission is free. Fans should enter the arena from the south and east doors.

11:30 a.m. - Gates open to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Noon - A pep rally featuring the Razorback Marching Band and Spirit Squads will take place on the main stage at RazorFest.

1 p.m. - Red & White Spring Game begins!  There will be 15,000 official spring game posters available to fans as they exit the stadium.

Halftime - Breast cancer survivors will be recognized on field.

3 p.m. - Razorback Baggo Invitational begins at the Hog Pen inside Baum Stadium. For Invitational information and registration, click here.

6:05 p.m. - Baseball hosts Mississippi State for Game 2 of its conference series in Baum Stadium for Dollar Dog Night. Purchase tickets to the game here.

Sunday, April 26

1:05 p.m. - Baseball hosts Mississippi State for the series finale in Baum Stadium. Purchase tickets to the game here.

This year's game will air live on SEC Network Alternate and SEC Network + / WatchESPN. It can also be heard on the radio via the Razorback Sports Network. For more information on the SEC Network Alternate channel, please click here.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2015, 01:08:01 pm
Buses start at 8:30 AM, per Long.

OK, thanks.

I guess I'm more concerned the parking at Baum will be at issue.  I've not been to a game there in several years, can a baseball fan tell me if they think there will still be available parking down there, even with the baseball crowd there as well??

Thanks again!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 23, 2015, 07:00:01 am
OK, thanks.

I guess I'm more concerned the parking at Baum will be at issue.  I've not been to a game there in several years, can a baseball fan tell me if they think there will still be available parking down there, even with the baseball crowd there as well??

Thanks again!!

The baseball game is scheduled for 6, there won't be any/many parking there at noon for the baseball game. It's never been a problem when I've done both. The traffic of those leaving from the football game and those coming in to the baseball game might be a little more congested.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2015, 08:04:50 am
The traffic of those leaving from the football game and those coming in to the baseball game might be a little more congested.

Easy solution!  Come for the football game in the morning, stay for the baseball game.  Don't have to fight the cross traffic.

-phil

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2015, 08:04:50 am
The baseball game is scheduled for 6, there won't be any/many parking there at noon for the baseball game. It's never been a problem when I've done both. The traffic of those leaving from the football game and those coming in to the baseball game might be a little more congested.

Thanks brother!  I had just assumed the bb game would be an afternoon game.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on April 23, 2015, 09:43:47 am
Easy solution!  Come for the football game in the morning, stay for the baseball game.  Don't have to fight the cross traffic.

-phil

Great idea, except for one small problem: I've been to two Hog games at Baum, and we have been killed, IN SHUTOUTS, both games, so I swore the best I could do to support my bb Hogs was to stay home!!

Pulled(PP)pork

-phil
exactly what i'm going to do, bringing my 2 girls with me...hang out with Shag.

btw, what happened to the 50% off at Hog Heaven like times of old?

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 23, 2015, 09:58:29 am
exactly what i'm going to do, bringing my 2 girls with me...hang out with Shag.

btw, what happened to the 50% off at Hog Heaven like times of old?

PP

They'll be 50% off............at the last weekend series, or always seems to be.

ricepig

-phil

I've done it in the past, unfortunately, the youngest has a soccer tournament, I'll be watching on my tablet at it, lol.

rhames

If you can't find info on it you don't Internet well
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

humphrey

Quote from: factchecker on April 22, 2015, 10:43:27 pm
Doesn't look like they are scaling back.  They are probably having to coordinate activities with the SEC Network.  Here is a link to the activities planned:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackfb-red-white-spring-game-information-04-22-2015

Thanks for that info!  When I emailed the athletic deptartment communications staff, they told me that they don't usually post anything about the Red-White game before the Wednesday of that week.  It looks like they were true to their word.

I just found it odd that the rest of the SEC hypes up their games for several weeks and UA doesn't say anything about it until a couple of days prior.

Either way, WPS!

Wayne Watson

I just noticed Uverse has it scheduled on the SEC Network.  I have to work so I can at least record it and watch it tomorrow night.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

kibster

Anyone know if concession stands will be open?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

14erHog

Will someone post on youtube for those of us that cannot the watch live?
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

TheRazorback500

Replays are listed on the regular SEC Network at 5 today and 8:30pm tomorrow for anyone who has previous obligations or don't have access to SECN Alternate or SEC+ online.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

WardamnHOGGLE

Quote from: kibster on April 25, 2015, 11:09:40 am
Anyone know if concession stands will be open?

I was wondering the same thing.  Oh, and will Bret Bielema be there?

Sun Tzu Tusk U aka John Everett

Per SEC Network Chanel: Calling all the Hogs » @RazorbackFB's Red & White Spring Game will now kickoff on SEC Network, not the Alt Channel!
"...and with my eyes closed, like a cat, I play with everything I could have said." - Bernardo Soares (Fernando Pessoa) Kobeer: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvQVBp4rnmr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==