Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B suspends Randy Ramsey LB I did not see this posted.

Started by DeltaBoy, April 20, 2015, 12:00:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/100587/arkansas-linebacker-randy-ramsey-suspended

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema understands that his defense has a lot of holes to fill -- in the front seven in particular -- and losing anyone at this point could set that unit back. Over the weekend, Bielema had to deal with that exact situation when he suspended linebacker Randy Ramsey from the team to have him focus on academics.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Hoggish1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 20, 2015, 12:00:40 pm
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/100587/arkansas-linebacker-randy-ramsey-suspended

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema understands that his defense has a lot of holes to fill -- in the front seven in particular -- and losing anyone at this point could set that unit back. Over the weekend, Bielema had to deal with that exact situation when he suspended linebacker Randy Ramsey from the team to have him focus on academics.

Like CBB said, if they don't make their grades they won't be around to participate and they lose the kid that way.  It's a good lesson to learn and Ramsey has to learn it.

ricepig

I was discussed in here when he made the comment on Edwards.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=591870.0

reddogjcss

Man it's something to see a coach practice what he preaches. I like it just hope he will hit the books and get his grades back up so he can play.
Coach B looking out for the players! NICE

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: ricepig on April 20, 2015, 12:20:52 pm
I was discussed in here when he mad the comment on Edwards.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=591870.0

It was also in Bob Holt's Sunday report on Wholehogsports.com.

Ramsey on hold

Sophomore linebacker Randy Ramsey won't practice the rest of the spring so he can focus on academics, Bret Bielema said.

"If he does that, then we'll see where that goes," Bielema said. "But he's got to have some urgency in the classroom immediately."

Bielema said the coaches need to be able to count on players as they continue to mature within the program.

"We hope to have our biggest returns when they're sophomores, juniors and seniors and getting better," he said. "If we invest all this time in them and they're not going to be here, we should invest in some others. That's kind of the message we have."

jusgtohogs

Saw it in yesterday's paper.  Hats off to Coach B for his 'do the right things' policy!

hogsanity

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on April 20, 2015, 12:32:56 pm
It was also in Bob Holt's Sunday report on Wholehogsports.com.

Ramsey on hold

Sophomore linebacker Randy Ramsey won't practice the rest of the spring so he can focus on academics, Bret Bielema said.

"If he does that, then we'll see where that goes," Bielema said. "But he's got to have some urgency in the classroom immediately."

Bielema said the coaches need to be able to count on players as they continue to mature within the program.

"We hope to have our biggest returns when they're sophomores, juniors and seniors and getting better," he said. "If we invest all this time in them and they're not going to be here, we should invest in some others. That's kind of the message we have."

Sounds to me like he is in danger of not being eligible anyway if he does not kill it on his finals in a couple of weeks.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Good decision for both the team & the player.  If he doesn't make the grades, we are going to lose him anyway.  Better to let him know that coach means business right now, than to find out in a few months.... that he is ineligible.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Three and Snout

Quote from: hogsanity on April 20, 2015, 01:28:53 pm
Sounds to me like he is in danger of not being eligible anyway if he does not kill it on his finals in a couple of weeks.

^ This.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 20, 2015, 12:00:40 pm

Many of the young Florida Recruits just don't seem to cotton to the "Going to Class and Discipline part of attending college."