Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Addresses Assistant Turnover & How He Challenged Allen

Started by Scott Marshall, April 19, 2015, 09:31:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

April 19, 2015, 09:31:43 am Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:00:27 am by Scott Marshall
An exclusive interview with Arkansas head football coach Bret Bielema will air this Sunday on the Pigtrail at 9:30 on Fox24 and 10:30 on KNWA and KARK.
Here is a teaser of what you will see on the show Sunday night.  Stay tuned for others in the coming days.

Aaron Peters asked "You have had assistant turnover dating back to your days at Wisconsin its nothing new to you, it seems like each person you bring in they do it your way but they add their touch to it"

Bret Bielema answered "Without a doubt i want to hire coaches that want to be successful, I want coaches that when they are assistants they want to be coordinators, and when they are coordinators they want to be head coaches. We definitely want people that want to move ahead"

Aaron Peters also asked "Lets talk QB everyone wants to talk Brandon Allen. You challenged him recently to be the best QB in the SEC. Its amazing what a little motivation can do."

Bret was excited in his answer "I think he had his best practice yesterday. I got up here last night and i was so excited about what I watched on film. I said boy was it just me or did he have some zing!"

See segment Here: http://bit.ly/1JVGIBx

or all of them on the Hogville Homepage: www.hogville.net

Steef

presidenthog

I have to work tonight please tell me you will have this interview available online

Scott Marshall

Yea just click the link and you can view video or go to Hogville homepage
Plus you can always download the KNWA App and watch all segments under Razorback Nation segment

Jason Carroll

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Scott Marshall on April 19, 2015, 09:31:43 am
Without a doubt i want to hire coaches that want to be successful, I want coaches that when they are assistants they want to be coordinators, and when they are coordinators they want to be head coaches. We definitely want people that want to move ahead.

I love CBB and think he is the right coach for us and hope he's around for years.  That said, this quote jumps out at me given the hiring of Dan Enos, which would seem, on the surface, to fly in the face of what he's saying.

EFBAB

Steef

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on April 21, 2015, 07:12:44 am
I love CBB and think he is the right coach for us and hope he's around for years.  That said, this quote jumps out at me given the hiring of Dan Enos, which would seem, on the surface, to fly in the face of what he's saying.

EFBAB

Enos was in a arguably dead end job. In order to move up, he first had to move out.

If he proves himself in the SEC, he will move up.

Pigsknuckles

If you don't have staff that other programs want, then you may have the wrong staff. Turnover may be maddening, but sometimes necessary.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

rhames

EFBAB

Considering he got a raise I would say it was a step up for sure

I mean a coordinator job in the sec is way better than head coach at a Mac school or whatever conference he was in.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

idochog

More money in the best conference as OC. I'd say that is a move up
I love Jesus!

26.2Hog

Quote from: rhames on April 23, 2015, 11:05:49 am

Considering he got a raise I would say it was a step up for sure

I mean a coordinator job in the sec is way better than head coach at a Mac school or whatever conference he was in.

Exactly.

Enos went from $360K at Central Michigan to $550K at Arkansas.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: 26.2Hog on April 23, 2015, 12:00:22 pm
Exactly.

Enos went from $360K at Central Michigan to $550K at Arkansas.
And if Enos is successful this year then he will be making as much as Smith the DC or even more depending on the level of success.  If we bump him to $750K or more it would take a big time program to offer more $ as a HC to get him to move.

Sir Oinksalot

Wow, awesome !!  Is it just my perception or is Coach B. warming up to the media more and more?  At any rate you guys and Aaron, Mike etc. really seem
to be doing a fabulous job of creating trust in Coach and assistants.....great work.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Sportster365

EFBAB

Really good answer. One I believe to be pre-calculated seeing as how I'm sure CBB figured he'd have to address it at some point down the line.

It was a tough question that could have been interpreted quite negatively but the reporter was savvy enough to word it in a way that took a lot of the edge off it.

Hawgzinbowlz

As good as anything stated by CBB, " The kicking game has been a pleasant surprise ".

" WOO PIG "