Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kendrick Edwards to be reinstated

Started by BatesvilleHOG, April 18, 2015, 02:12:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BatesvilleHOG

To the team this summer, Bielema said today after practice.

I'm proud of Kendrick for growing up and putting in the work to be able to stay on the team. He was a vital returning member of our thin WR corps last season.  If he keeps up the good work, he will continue to be a key member of our offense.

JoeyCapital

Great news!

I was really hoping we would get to see him blossom. I think he can be one helluva receiver.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

ricepig

Well, he's earned a "probationary" spot on the team for this summer. Meanwhile, Randy Ramsey has been removed to concentrate on academics.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2015, 02:19:05 pm
Well, he's earned a "probationary" spot on the team for this summer. Meanwhile, Randy Ramsey has been removed to concentrate on academics.

I was really stoked about seeing Ramsey step up in the LB rotation too.  He has the physical tools to do well, if he so chooses. 

OLDHOG

MAN! are you kidding me? Hope he can get it together. The hits never stop coming do they?

BatesvilleHOG

that sucks about Ramsey.. If he could just get rid of the off-the-field issues, he'd be in the mix for a starting spot.

That's the downside to recruiting South Florida and other large metropolitan areas in the south in my opinion. In many cases you're getting a great kid who is a freak athlete and wants to better themselves by getting away. But still they can't seem to click with the culture shock when they get here, thus we see Bielema doing what he's done with Ramsey, Brown, Edwards, JoJo. ect.

You can take the boys out of South Florida but you can't always take South Florida out of the boys..

PaintballHog

In the end I'm very thankful for BB stance on personal responsibility, but at times like this it really sucks lol

Kenny Hawgins

Is Ramsey just temporarily removed?  He's still listed on the roster but Edwards and Anthony Brown aren't.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Hawgzinbowlz

Good for The Hogs, if Kendrick get's it together. Not at all surprised that CBB is giving a final opportunity.

Randy Ramsey will be a Hog, if he wants to.

" GO HOGS "

Nosboar Accubond

CBB keep holding your ground. Showing parents out there that you mean business when you tell them you will help mold their sons into men will pay off in the long run.

Great job KE on putting in the work to get back on the right track.

WPS

lumphog

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on April 18, 2015, 07:11:33 pm
CBB keep holding your ground. Showing parents out there that you mean business when you tell them you will help mold their sons into men will pay off in the long run.

Great job KE on putting in the work to get back on the right track.

WPS
Good post, I evened you up

HogPound

ChicoHog

Ramsey is strictly an academic issue according to BB.  As an earlier poster mentioned there has been quite a few of the Florida kids getting into trouble or off the field issues.  Hope we get it rectified asap.  We need all those guys. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on April 18, 2015, 03:09:43 pm
that sucks about Ramsey.. If he could just get rid of the off-the-field issues, he'd be in the mix for a starting spot.

That's the downside to recruiting South Florida and other large metropolitan areas in the south in my opinion. In many cases you're getting a great kid who is a freak athlete and wants to better themselves by getting away. But still they can't seem to click with the culture shock when they get here, thus we see Bielema doing what he's done with Ramsey, Brown, Edwards, JoJo. ect.

You can take the boys out of South Florida but you can't always take South Florida out of the boys..

You make it sound like they are having issues of partying too much or other off the field issues. CBB seemed to indicate it was all academic and maturity of getting to meetings on time. Not having the study and going to class habits has nothing to do with South Florida or other metros. Many small town high schools give great athletes a free ride because they are great athletes.

The other piece is the discipline CBB demands on the players. He spoke of Sprinkle being at a meeting 10 minutes early and CBB wasn't happy. Many 18 or 19 years olds, regardless of where they are from, would struggle with the concept of 10 minutes early isn't early enough.

I imagine a few of us would have a hard time with the 10 minutes early is being late concept. Heaven knows my wife would.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Country Stylz

Can someone update me on Anthony Brown's status?

H&D

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 18, 2015, 10:34:30 pm
Ramsey is strictly an academic issue according to BB.  As an earlier poster mentioned there has been quite a few of the Florida kids getting into trouble or off the field issues.  Hope we get it rectified asap.  We need all those guys. 

Having lived in Florida, the public school system down there is a train wreck. Some of these kids simply just don't know any better. I love what CBB is doing, finally someone is trying to teach kids respect, discipline and morals. Many kids don't get that at home anymore and forget the schools being able to instill anything like that in a kid. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

daBoar

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on April 18, 2015, 02:12:51 pm
To the team this summer, Bielema said today after practice.

I'm proud of Kendrick for growing up and putting in the work to be able to stay on the team. He was a vital returning member of our thin WR corps last season.  If he keeps up the good work, he will continue to be a key member of our offense.
Wow.........very impressed with the young man's desire to remain with the Hogs.  He had to be embarrassed.  He could not be pleased to miss the spring.  He had to have other options.  Yet, he buckled down.  WPS.

jackflash

If Ramsey is having trouble with his school work. Then coach BB did the right thing. Go get your grades in order then come back. Some coaches talk a good game about school. BB backs it up never a bad thing.

Kevin

love to see a person step up to the challenge to make changes to improve their life. so many just look for the easy way out, and transfer.

nice work kendrick, continue your good work.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgmasta

Way to go Kendrick! To me this seems like a huge deal. Not only are we getting a very tall receiver back he showed any other guys that if you do everything CBB says to get back on the team then you can and will be better for it.

Plus hopefully any parents that see this will see that he doesn't mess around with academics but if your son screws up or gets distracted (which MOST college students do!) then they will have a chance to keep their scholarship and be a valuable asset to the program .

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 18, 2015, 10:34:30 pm
CBB has said he is going to have to evaluate his recruitment of the S Florida athletes.  I guess too many off the field issues.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 19, 2015, 05:58:00 am
You make it sound like they are having issues of partying too much or other off the field issues. CBB seemed to indicate it was all academic and maturity of getting to meetings on time. Not having the study and going to class habits has nothing to do with South Florida or other metros. Many small town high schools give great athletes a free ride because they are great athletes.

The other piece is the discipline CBB demands on the players. He spoke of Sprinkle being at a meeting 10 minutes early and CBB wasn't happy. Many 18 or 19 years olds, regardless of where they are from, would struggle with the concept of 10 minutes early isn't early enough.

I imagine a few of us would have a hard time with the 10 minutes early is being late concept. Heaven knows my wife would.  ;)

I don't struggle with it, I flat out reject it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Congratulations to young Mr. Edwards. Hard work does in fact pay off, if what you are up there to do was going to be easy everyone would be doing it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

GolfnHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 19, 2015, 05:58:00 am

Well stated! Time management is probably the greatest obstacle youngsters have problems grasping when they've never been required to be consistent in it. This is a very correctable with personal accountability; CBB is getting it and it will pay off long after these youngsters football playing days are over.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DeltaBoy

Good for Mr. Edwards! I look forward to see him in the Fall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

younghog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 19, 2015, 10:29:33 pm
CBB has said he is going to have to evaluate his recruitment of the S Florida athletes.  I guess too many off the field issues.

where/when did he say 'evaluate his recruitment of the S Florida athletes'

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Wildhog

Quote from: younghog on April 20, 2015, 11:27:23 am
where/when did he say 'evaluate his recruitment of the S Florida athletes'

GO HOGS

I think he said it the same week that he suspended Kendrick.  Can't remember exactly, but he definitely said it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

younghog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 20, 2015, 11:29:11 am
I think he said it the same week that he suspended Kendrick.  Can't remember exactly, but he definitely said it.

cool.. I'll look for it..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 19, 2015, 10:29:33 pm

I thought that comment was connected to his assistant search/hiring, after Shannon left???

And not connected with these off the field problems.

As in he was going to have to re-evaluate who he had recruiting SFla and whether or not he needed to make changes on that.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 20, 2015, 11:48:06 am
I thought that comment was connected to his assistant search/hiring, after Shannon left???

As in he was going to have to re-evaluate who he had recruiting SFla and whether or not he needed to make changes on that.

Or, it was, he was going to have to re-think their process down there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 20, 2015, 11:48:06 am

No he was specifically talking about the off the field issues from SFla guys when he made that comment.  Basically I think he and Shannon took some chances on some guys from down there, and it turned out they ended up with some guys that had trouble adjusting. 

wholehog92

Terrific.  Now we have a player on the team that a good deal of the monday morning coaches on here have labeled

Lazy, a cancer, a player for another school, somebody who doesn't follow the "do right" rule from Lou Holtz of all people, a player who lacks personal responsibility, a fool, someone who doesn't care and lacks integrity, kid with a silverspoon, people applauding the coach for sending him packing, 3 time offender, can't handle adversity, kid with mixed up priorities, a serious case of problems, game isn't important to him, bad apple, poorly vetted recruit, poor work ethic, a recruiting "miss", and a possible drug user.

Now that he's a hog again, I'm left to wonder if the geniuses of hogville, apologize for their characterization of Mr. Edwards and learn from it enough not to bash the person of Mr. Ramsey?  Alternatively will they turn on coach for letting such a person back on the team?  Will the herd ignore history and run in some other direction?

I will never understand how you get up in the stands and cheer for a player on Saturdays during the fall and turn on them during the off season.  I'd say the people piling on Edwards will ignore their track record of identifying team personnel problems and pile on Ramsey as well.

News flash: It is possible to support the coach and the players at the same time.  You don't have to trample one to lift up the other.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

WorfHog

Glad he's back with the team, our receiving corps needs him. Hope Randy Ramsey can get it done in the classroom this summer, we could sure use him.

aar0n

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 20, 2015, 01:22:43 pm
Terrific.  Now we have a player on the team that a good deal of the monday morning coaches on here have labeled

Lazy, a cancer, a player for another school, somebody who doesn't follow the "do right" rule from Lou Holtz of all people, a player who lacks personal responsibility, a fool, someone who doesn't care and lacks integrity, kid with a silverspoon, people applauding the coach for sending him packing, 3 time offender, can't handle adversity, kid with mixed up priorities, a serious case of problems, game isn't important to him, bad apple, poorly vetted recruit, poor work ethic, a recruiting "miss", and a possible drug user.

Now that he's a hog again, I'm left to wonder if the geniuses of hogville, apologize for their characterization of Mr. Edwards and learn from it enough not to bash the person of Mr. Ramsey?  Alternatively will they turn on coach for letting such a person back on the team?  Will the herd ignore history and run in some other direction?

I will never understand how you get up in the stands and cheer for a player on Saturdays during the fall and turn on them during the off season.  I'd say the people piling on Edwards will ignore their track record of identifying team personnel problems and pile on Ramsey as well.

News flash: It is possible to support the coach and the players at the same time.  You don't have to trample one to lift up the other.

I haven't seen any posts describing what you have.  Please cite examples, otherwise it looks like you're just full of hot air. 

wholehog92

Quote from: aar0n on April 20, 2015, 02:42:24 pm
I haven't seen any posts describing what you have.  Please cite examples, otherwise it looks like you're just full of hot air. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=590429.0

I would go around the mod actions and directly quote the direct examples for you, but that would not be nice.  It's a long thread with few pictures,  I'm not surprised some didn't notice it.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

aar0n

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 20, 2015, 03:22:04 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=590429.0

I would go around the mod actions and directly quote the direct examples for you, but that would not be nice.  It's a long thread with few pictures,  I'm not surprised some didn't notice it.

I read 4 pages before I gave up, the most I ever saw was on the first page applauding Bielema because he didn't "allow him to BECOME a cancer in the locker room."  Not that he WAS/IS a cancer in the locker room.  Once again, I think you're being overly sensitive.  I'm not arguing the point of your post because I agree with the point, I'm just saying your examples are greatly exaggerated in this case.  I have seen a few posts like the ones you're referencing before dealing with different instances though.

HawgnCorona

Good to hear he has been reinstated...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

ricepig

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 21, 2015, 03:13:54 pm
Good to hear he has been reinstated...

But he hasn't yet, if he abides by Bielema's "rules", he will be this summer.

jgphillips3

As glad as I am to have him back on the team, I am far happier for Kendrick as a person.  When you are a young man, you will make mistakes.  However, working hard to meet expectations and getting back on the team will serve that young man well long after football is over.  He just learned how you win at life by persevering when the odds are against you.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 21, 2015, 03:20:28 pm
As glad as I am to have him back on the team, I am far happier for Kendrick as a person.  When you are a young man, you will make mistakes.  However, working hard to meet expectations and getting back on the team will serve that young man well long after football is over.  He just learned how you win at life by persevering when the odds are against you.
This!

murthage

As a retired Army COL, I learned early in my career...."If you are not 15 minutes early, you are late".  Never had a problem with it..... rules are rules.  Follow them, and do your job, and good things will happen.  Just saying'  Some call it "Discipline".  Thanks CBB for your leadership.