Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Gibson-2nd Team Guard

Started by WaltonCollege, April 18, 2015, 11:58:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Anyone know much about Johnny Gibson from Dumas? Some walk on that bielema and Pittman keep raving about. We are paper thin on the second team line Wallace, maybe the fro Merrick and zach Rogers but they are frosh. Any help would be huge.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WaltonCollege on April 18, 2015, 11:58:51 am
Anyone know much about Johnny Gibson from Dumas? Some walk on that bielema and Pittman keep raving about. We are paper thin on the second team line Wallace, maybe the fro Merrick and zach Rogers but they are frosh. Any help would be huge.

We are borderline thin.  One more top talent and we are "good", lose one and we are thin in my beliefs.  Right now if we have a walkon step up then we are sitting nice.  You have Reeve, rogers, wallace, and merrick all sitting in line.  That is not a bad second string.  I feel as if I am forgetting another name as well.

presidenthog

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 18, 2015, 12:23:00 pm
We are borderline thin.  One more top talent and we are "good", lose one and we are thin in my beliefs.  Right now if we have a walkon step up then we are sitting nice.  You have Reeve, rogers, wallace, and merrick all sitting in line.  That is not a bad second string.  I feel as if I am forgetting another name as well.
I'm hearing that reeve at this point isn't doing much besides kicking it with Austin beck

HogWildBison2011

Johnny Gibson is at second team LT right now. And as for other names not being listed Josh Allen has been getting a lot of reps.. he is a freshman. We also have Colton Jackson coming in that is a athletic OT.

WaltonCollege

Yeah we have zero game experience on our 2nd line. I hope they use the last scholarship we have left over on a juco o lineman like how we got lb josh Williams last summer. Need numbers up front behind the starters

regi

Gibson is a big kid that can move. Word is he played at a program that doesn't have much motivation or direction at Dumas (I grew up in the Delta, this is not relegated just to Dumas). So he was not very motivated either. Pitman and BB like his athleticism for a 320 pound man.

HogPound

Saw him play warren when he was at Dumas. Great sized kid with good movement of his feet. Watching him and jhammal bell from warren (6'4 OT)now at ASU go at it on the line was fun.

Much like watching Jhammal and Austin Capps battle each other on the line a couple years ago.

All three are BIG and athletic.

Senility

He's from Dumas?  - - - - I sure hope that he's a Ding Dong Daddy.
I'd like to see him do his stuff.

cc

Quote from: regi on April 18, 2015, 07:50:47 pm
Gibson is a big kid that can move. Word is he played at a program that doesn't have much motivation or direction at Dumas (I grew up in the Delta, this is not relegated just to Dumas). So he was not very motivated either. Pitman and BB like his athleticism for a 320 pound man.

He seems pretty athletic and will probably contribute after a couple of years of good conditioning and weight training.  Through the 80's until mid 90's, Dumas produced a lot of talent.  I played with a guy there that went to A state as an oline man and another to Florida A&M.  A few went DII.  Tyrone Chapman was a little older.  I  played with other guys that were talented enough to probably play college ball but had bad grades.  Over 180 kids in my grade in early 90's and now around 90 per grade. Used to get a lot of D1 type talent in the Delta but not as much anymore.  Seemed like the Hogs would get 3-4 a year from the Pine Bluff area - Chapel, Dollarway, and Pine Bluff High. 

WaltonCollege

Is Gibson a redshirt freshman or sophomore?

HogPound

Quote from: cc on April 18, 2015, 10:16:10 pm
He seems pretty athletic and will probably contribute after a couple of years of good conditioning and weight training.  Through the 80's until mid 90's, Dumas produced a lot of talent.  I played with a guy there that went to A state as an oline man and another to Florida A&M.  A few went DII.  Tyrone Chapman was a little older.  I  played with other guys that were talented enough to probably play college ball but had bad grades.  Over 180 kids in my grade in early 90's and now around 90 per grade. Used to get a lot of D1 type talent in the Delta but not as much anymore.  Seemed like the Hogs would get 3-4 a year from the Pine Bluff area - Chapel, Dollarway, and Pine Bluff High.

There was one guy that played quarterback around 2001/2002 that was good. Think he went to sign somewhere as well. I remember him when we played them in 2001 em route to our first state title. Then in 2006/2007, they had a qb that went toe to toe with a jarius wright led warren team until the end of the 4th quarter. Dumas has the athletes but a piss poor coach.

KA-BLAM

Quote from: HogPound on April 18, 2015, 11:12:23 pm
There was one guy that played quarterback around 2001/2002 that was good. Think he went to sign somewhere as well. I remember him when we played them in 2001 em route to our first state title. Then in 2006/2007, they had a qb that went toe to toe with a jarius wright led warren team until the end of the 4th quarter. Dumas has the athletes but a piss poor coach.

The QB from 01/02 was Anthony Gray. He went to Arkansas, signed as LB, played DE under Nutt, Petrino I think had him at TE. I might have that backwards. The QB in 06 was Kendall Council, he was electrifying, but undersized, I think he washed out at OBU. I am a Dumas grad, and I supported the FB program there until we moved. I like the coach, good guy, but I think the PTB there made his job too easy and he's gotten lazy.
Whole Hog, Half Ham, ARKANSAS BY DAMN!!!