Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas still crying over getting thumped by Arkansas.

Started by DeltaBoy, April 17, 2015, 01:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-texas/article18765654.html

Watson, also the Longhorns' assistant head coach for offense and primary play-caller, tweaked the offense this spring to include more spread and up-tempo elements after Swoopes posted a 5-7 mark as the starter. In Texas' final two games, TCU and Arkansas outscored the Longhorns by a combined 79-17. Texas had eight turnovers in those contests, including five interceptions by Swoopes, and produced only 59 total yards (57 passing, two rushing) in its 31-7 loss to Arkansas in the Texas Bowl.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-texas/article18765654.html#storylink=cpy

Love Short Horn Pain.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Laughing Hog

"Texas still crying over getting thumped by Arkansas." - GOOD!
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pudgepork

Its nice to have their attention.   Hopefully the Hogs winning percentage of late increases
with CBB building a solid program.

phadedhawg

As much as I enjoy beating Texas, the Texas Bowl was such a joke it almost got boring at the end.  Granted I love being bored by how dominate the hogs are in a game.

aar0n

How is this in ANY way "crying?"  I hate Tejas as much as the next guy, but how do numerical stats equate crying? 

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

gmarv

Quote from: aar0n on April 17, 2015, 03:59:48 pm
How is this in ANY way "crying?"  I hate Tejas as much as the next guy, but how do numerical stats equate crying? 
it may not be crying but those stats are sweet.

Torqued pork

I'm happy about thumping Texas like a booger in a tornado, but I'm still hoping Strong and staff can start kneecapping the Aggies in recruiting. Only A&M is relevant now.

ZERO

I agree. I mean, I'm sure they ARE crying still, but this topic was misleading. I thought it was going to be a good YouTube video or message board topic.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hobhog

Never thought I'd consider us the intimidator in UA/UT matchup, but we are there.....

Augustus

LOL last night, I got bored with what was on TV, I had the Texass Bowl on DVR so I fired it up.

It was nice to watch it again...

One thing that stood out, that I forgot about... At the beginning of the game, one of the stats they posted was: Brandon Allen had not thrown an interception his last ~160 attempts (4 games?)

He didn't throw an INT during the Texass Bowl. That's pretty nice.

TulsaJack32

I didn't see anything in regard to crying about losing to Arkansas.  I'm sure they hate it but no doubt have moved on.  I will say that if this so called stud Heard hasn't taken the QB job from Swoopes yet, then they have no QB.  Swoopes is the worst QB I have seen in a long time.  Watching the Texas Bowl, I couldn't believe the guy actually had a scholarship. 

Calling All Hogs

Their bowl performance has to make for a long off season. It's probably just as well they are no longer allowed to bring their guns into the locker room considering how much they tend to shoot themselves in the foot.

Rolltide4ever

My son and I attended the Texas Bowl and we were both wearing Arkansas Game Day Gear ( very proudly ).  We sat next to a few Texas fans that I heard still crying over McCoy getting knocked out of the BCS game against Alabama. At the end of the Texas Bowl the 2 only Texas fans left near us were red faced and cussing their Longhorns and their coaching staff they even gave them a strong booing as they left the field for their locker room. 1 of the Texas fans said to me as we were trying to get out of the row of seats we were in , " Why aint you rubbing it in you Pork Fan " . I said back to the Texas Fan , " I have nothing to say that the Arkansas Razorback Defense didn't say on the field , they kicked your Longhorns all over the field today and if I were even a little bit of a Longhorn fan I would be ashamed of the product the mighty Texas Longhorns are putting on the field since you lost that BCS game to Alabama it seems that Texas has gone down hill ever since that BCS game "  He made some kind of nasty comment about Arkansas again but not loud enough for me to hear it. But the other Texas fan said to his friend , " Man we are finished as a top 10 team with us being in the Big 12 and A&M defecting to the SEC and getting all the top recruits in Texas now and Arkansas being in the SEC and beating us today like we were a Jr High School team it maybe years before we ever see another bowl game " So I would say that Arkansas win that day at least has gotten in their heads a lot, and you can bet in the heads of the AD and head coach also.
That Texas fan might be right with A&M getting some very good young men now , and Arkansas beating the crap out of them in their own back yard, Texas is right for the picking now for Arkansas , A&M and LSU for top recruits from the Lone Star State.
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.

Hoggish1

More spread and up tempo is not the way to success in the Little 12.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Rolltide4ever on April 18, 2015, 01:29:03 am
My son and I attended the Texas Bowl and we were both wearing Arkansas Game Day Gear ( very proudly ).  We sat next to a few Texas fans that I heard still crying over McCoy getting knocked out of the BCS game against Alabama. At the end of the Texas Bowl the 2 only Texas fans left near us were red faced and cussing their Longhorns and their coaching staff they even gave them a strong booing as they left the field for their locker room. 1 of the Texas fans said to me as we were trying to get out of the row of seats we were in , " Why aint you rubbing it in you Pork Fan " . I said back to the Texas Fan , " I have nothing to say that the Arkansas Razorback Defense didn't say on the field , they kicked your Longhorns all over the field today and if I were even a little bit of a Longhorn fan I would be ashamed of the product the mighty Texas Longhorns are putting on the field since you lost that BCS game to Alabama it seems that Texas has gone down hill ever since that BCS game "  He made some kind of nasty comment about Arkansas again but not loud enough for me to hear it. But the other Texas fan said to his friend , " Man we are finished as a top 10 team with us being in the Big 12 and A&M defecting to the SEC and getting all the top recruits in Texas now and Arkansas being in the SEC and beating us today like we were a Jr High School team it maybe years before we ever see another bowl game " So I would say that Arkansas win that day at least has gotten in their heads a lot, and you can bet in the heads of the AD and head coach also.
That Texas fan might be right with A&M getting some very good young men now , and Arkansas beating the crap out of them in their own back yard, Texas is right for the picking now for Arkansas , A&M and LSU for top recruits from the Lone Star State.

Uhhhhh.......breathe my friend.

PRJ

Theolesnort

Quote from: TulsaJack32 on April 17, 2015, 09:16:29 pm
I didn't see anything in regard to crying about losing to Arkansas.  I'm sure they hate it but no doubt have moved on.  I will say that if this so called stud Heard hasn't taken the QB job from Swoopes yet, then they have no QB.  Swoopes is the worst QB I have seen in a long time.  Watching the Texas Bowl, I couldn't believe the guy actually had a scholarship. 
No Scholarship? Top 200 recruit 4 star qb? Come on, the recruiting services are never wrong are they?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

The Kig

Quote from: phadedhawg on April 17, 2015, 03:49:31 pm
As much as I enjoy beating Texas, the Texas Bowl was such a joke it almost got boring at the end.  Granted I love being bored by how dominate the hogs are in a game.

Not sure how old you are, but I savor every single second that we can dominate a Texass team.  My only regret from that game was that we didn't score 100.
Poker Porker

TDHawgs

I just watched the whole Bowl Game again.. What a whipping we put on them boys!! Absolutely enjoyed every moment of the replay!!   ::hornsdown::

:razorback: :razorback:

Hollywood_HOGan45

Ive watched that game countless times since that day.

What a complete performance for our guys against our old nemesis. I don't care how bad Texas was. That was such a needed game/win for our program.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Laughing Hog on April 17, 2015, 03:31:34 pm
"Texas still crying over getting thumped by Arkansas." - GOOD!

I hope they cry so much it ends the drought!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Athog

Dirty

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Athog on April 19, 2015, 04:02:44 pm
They better forget that game and so should we!

I proudly remember EVERY time I saw the hogs beat tejas and I like it. Remembering the past doesn't mean you can't work for the future.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

They keep referring to it every time they get interviewed.   They cry and bemoan how bad TCU and the Hogs beat them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 20, 2015, 11:09:46 am
They keep referring to it every time they get interviewed.   They cry and bemoan how bad TCU and the Hogs beat them.

It'llget even worse if they fire Charlie at the end of his second year. ShortWhorn fans are known for being impatient.
This is my non-signature signature.

HawgnCorona

You gotta love a good cry once in awhile...Ha Ha!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

DeltaBoy

Now others in the Media are piling on

From a Fox Sports article about why Texas needs to play TAMU!

By the way, speaking of A&M's win over Arkansas, that'd be the same Arkansas team that embarrassed Texas during bowl season, holding the Longhorns to a grand total of 59 total yards, including two --- yes two --- total rushing yards. By the way, the same Texas program that is supposed to be "built on defense" under Charlie Strong also gave up 59 points over its last two games.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/texas-needs-texas-a-m-041515

That bowl loss is haunting Texas like the Ghost of Christmas Past.