Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Choose a road game to attend in 2015

Started by verticalhog, April 15, 2015, 11:25:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

verticalhog

At Tenner, 'Bama and LSWho.  That's tough!  I think we could win all three but more likely to lose 2 of the 3.  We seem to usually play well in the Red Stick so I'm thinking the toughest games will be Knoxville and Tuscaloosa.  I've never been to a game in Knoxville but think this might be the year (won't go to another game in Baton Rouge after rough treatment on two occasions).

If you could only go to one road game this year, which one would you choose?

ZERO

QuoteWe seem to usually play well in the Red Stick

Haven't we only won @LSU twice since joining the SEC?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

verticalhog

Yes, that's correct.  But, we've tended to play well there.

popcornhog

Quote from: verticalhog on April 15, 2015, 11:25:45 pm
At Tenner, 'Bama and LSWho.  That's tough!  I think we could win all three but more likely to lose 2 of the 3.  We seem to usually play well in the Red Stick so I'm thinking the toughest games will be Knoxville and Tuscaloosa.  I've never been to a game in Knoxville but think this might be the year (won't go to another game in Baton Rouge after rough treatment on two occasions).

I'm definitely going to Baton Rouge. I ordered tickets for Knoxville, too. May not make Tennessee but plans are already in place for LSU.
WPS

BearsBisonsBoars

Tennessee. Hands down. But it's for personal reasons.

I have a lot of friends and family in Knoxville that I'd love to visit. Some of them work for UT, so it would be fun to throw the A up in their face after we curb stomp the Vols and then get CBB to retweet it on Twitter.

ZERO

Quote from: verticalhog on April 15, 2015, 11:39:16 pm
Yes, that's correct.  But, we've tended to play well there.

How well can you honestly say you played if you didn't win?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

3kgthog

Bama. 75% of LSU fans are scum and as of the last Forbes report Knoxville has the 15th worst air quality in the entire country. Avoid lung cancer and stay away.

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: ZERO on April 16, 2015, 12:12:42 am
How well can you honestly say you played if you didn't win?

Stop being a Richard cranium.
WPS!!!

Andrew Hogfan

I'm still irked by your stupid comment. I've seen teams in every sport play bad and still win.
WPS!!!

ZERO

April 16, 2015, 06:00:46 am #9 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:18:44 am by ZERO
I really don't understand people like you. He claims we play well in Baton Rouge. I claim that we don't, and have the statistics to prove it. I ask him the honest question of how realistic is it to say we play well at a stadium we almost literally never win at. Yet I'm being a "richard cranium" (I bet you feel super clever for that one) while you feel the need to be passive aggressive online.
Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on April 16, 2015, 02:20:55 amI've seen teams in every sport play bad and still win.

Cool, me too. My point is we play bad and DON'T win, which kind of changes everything. Math seems to agree with me:

1993: W, 42-24.
1995: L, 0-28.
1997: L, 21-31
1999: L, 10-35
2001: L, 38-41
2003: L, 24-55
2005: L, 17-19
2007: W, 50-48
2009: L, 30-33
2011: L, 17-41
2013: L, 27-31

We're 2-9 @LSU. That means we win only 18% of the time we enter the stadium, and we lose by an average of 14 points. One of the two times we won was by two points in triple overtime. They win almost every single time, and the game is generally not ever in question. I ask again, how exactly do we play well at LSU? What shred of evidence supports this claim, and how is my comment, backed by real evidence, stupid?

If you don't know how to use the Internet, just stop doing it. This is so asinine.

Edit: I just don't see how you could have possibly been offended by this exchange:

QuoteWe seem to usually play well in the Red Stick so I'm thinking the toughest games will be Knoxville and Tuscaloosa.
QuoteHaven't we only won @LSU twice since joining the SEC?
QuoteYes, that's correct.  But, we've tended to play well there.
QuoteHow well can you honestly say you played if you didn't win?

That's a completely civil exchange. What merited you stepping in and calling me a d¡ckhead? We're all hog fans here, I'm not saying I'm happy about our abysmal record @LSU, nor that I'm proud of it, but it is what it is. I hope we can improve in the future, but as it stands, we don't win very often at their place, and by the final drive of the game, we're down by an average of two scores, so there's not even any last minute hope.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 16, 2015, 01:50:48 am
Bama. 75% of LSU fans are scum and as of the last Forbes report Knoxville has the 15th worst air quality in the entire country. Avoid lung cancer and stay away.
Yep, my allergies are off the charts awful. Still, UT is the one I will definitely be at
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jackflash

I been to both Tennessee and LSU. So for me it would be Alabama.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ZERO on April 16, 2015, 06:00:46 am
I really don't understand people like you. He claims we play well in Baton Rouge. I claim that we don't, and have the statistics to prove it. I ask him the honest question of how realistic is it to say we play well at a stadium we almost literally never win at. Yet I'm being a "richard cranium" (I bet you feel super clever for that one) while you feel the need to be passive aggressive online.
Cool, me too. My point is we play bad and DON'T win, which kind of changes everything. Math seems to agree with me:

1993: W, 42-24.
1995: L, 0-28.
1997: L, 21-31
1999: L, 10-35
2001: L, 38-41
2003: L, 24-55
2005: L, 17-19
2007: W, 50-48
2009: L, 30-33
2011: L, 17-41
2013: L, 27-31

We're 2-9 @LSU. That means we win only 18% of the time we enter the stadium, and we lose by an average of 14 points. One of the two times we won was by two points in triple overtime. They win almost every single time, and the game is generally not ever in question. I ask again, how exactly do we play well at LSU? What shred of evidence supports this claim, and how is my comment, backed by real evidence, stupid?

If you don't know how to use the Internet, just stop doing it. This is so asinine.

Edit: I just don't see how you could have possibly been offended by this exchange:

That's a completely civil exchange. What merited you stepping in and calling me a d¡ckhead? We're all hog fans here, I'm not saying I'm happy about our abysmal record @LSU, nor that I'm proud of it, but it is what it is. I hope we can improve in the future, but as it stands, we don't win very often at their place, and by the final drive of the game, we're down by an average of two scores, so there's not even any last minute hope.

4 of the 9 games have been decided by less than a touchdown. Being that its on the road and LSU is normally pretty good I'd take it. You could probably look at the rest of our road games and they would be similar.

ZERO

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 16, 2015, 07:20:54 am
4 of the 9 games have been decided by less than a touchdown. Being that its on the road and LSU is normally pretty good I'd take it. You could probably look at the rest of our road games and they would be similar.

To be clear, I don't know offhand the stats of away games at the other stadiums, but I DID know offhand that we have a very lopsided number of losses at LSU. I wasn't really trying to start an argument about it, but it didn't seem possible to me to think that we're worse at the other two than @LSU. But we probably don't have a great road record anywhere in the SEC. This conference is a meat grinder.

LRRandy

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 16, 2015, 07:20:54 am
so 44% of the time you stay within a touchdown. Dare to dream.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on April 16, 2015, 02:20:55 am
I'm still irked by your stupid comment. I've seen teams in every sport play bad and still win.
Andy, ZERO says checkmate.
This is fun, isn't it.

Wildhog

If the other team is simply better, then you can absolutely play well and still lose.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but it can happen.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

George S. Pigton

Hogs play at LSU every other year, go to Knoxville, god knows when we will be back there and
the Hogs will have a good shot at a win there.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

justmakeit2thebcs

Tennessee...we won't be back for 12 more years.  And it's the game that will Tell us whether or not we are over the hump so to speak.

Hoggish1

A am going to the TN game.  Last time I was there we lost in 6 overtimes.  This time it will be different.

The TN game will be huge!

George S. Pigton

I'm with Hoggish, '02 was my last trip and we were so close to a win.  Great atmosphere but the
stadium was a dump.  I understand they have made some renovations so we shall see.

I've seen wins at every SEC stadium but TN, KY and Florida so I'm hoping to knock this one off
the list this year.  Oh, forgot the newbees, still need to see wins in College Station and Columbia,MO
now. 

Plenty of reasons to keep on the road with the Hogs it seems.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

rzrbaxfan

I've been to all 3, but I'd love to head back to Bama.  My visit there was before their stadium expansion/jumbotron and the team wasn't very good.  I'd like to see it again and play them now that they are at the level they are.

Number 2 would be Tenn...mainly because I think it is going to be a good game.

razortaz

Bama for me we will be coming back from Georgia that weekend maybe I can trick the wife in making a stop

GuvHog

Quote from: George S. Pigton on April 16, 2015, 08:49:31 am
I'm with Hoggish, '02 was my last trip and we were so close to a win.  Great atmosphere but the
stadium was a dump.  I understand they have made some renovations so we shall see.

I've seen wins at every SEC stadium but TN, KY and Florida so I'm hoping to knock this one off
the list this year.  Oh, forgot the newbees, still need to see wins in College Station and Columbia,MO
now. 

Plenty of reasons to keep on the road with the Hogs it seems.

Since the Hogs always play A&M in Arlington, Texas, I doubt you'll see the Hogs win in College Station anytime soon.

If I were going to an away game, it would be LSU because our best friends live in Zachary, Louisiana which is just north of Baton Rouge and they are HUGE LSU fans.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkRinds

I've been to LSU twice for games, once as a kid and once as an adult, and I'll never go back.  Fans there are just horrible, and make the game not worth the time and money spent.  I may go to Tenner this year, just because I've got lots of friends in the area.

Huds_HawgTide

Im going to tenner...already been to bama...ill hit lsu in future
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ZERO

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 16, 2015, 10:27:49 am
I've been to LSU twice for games, once as a kid and once as an adult, and I'll never go back.  Fans there are just horrible, and make the game not worth the time and money spent.  I may go to Tenner this year, just because I've got lots of friends in the area.

I also think Tennessee is the way to go. Really, any East opponent not named Mizzou, if you had to choose just one a year. I would love a chance to go this year, I think we stand a really good shot at winning that one.

rmcchris

I'm set for TN and AL.  Of course no brainers as I live in Nashville!  Oh yeah, Ole $iss as well.

Tusks

TN game.  The hogs WILL win that game.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawk

I live about 80 miles west of Baton Rouge, yet I have never gone to see the Hogs play there because of family obligations with Thanksgiving.

I believe this year, I'll head over and check it out.

PORKULATOR

I'm going to Knoxville... I'm actually 15 minutes from the stadium, RIGHT NOW.
Had to travel up here today from Chatty.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: rmcchris on April 16, 2015, 12:00:04 pm
I'm set for TN and AL.  Of course no brainers as I live in Nashville!  Oh yeah, Ole $iss as well.
Cool... If ya make it near Chattanooga during Football season and the Hogs are at home, your welcome to swing by for the game and some tail gating.
Any of ya for that matter.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

yraciv

I'd go to Bama. They are the best team of the 3, and the day we finally beat them we'll have arrived and it will be awesome. Yes Tennessee game is huge too, but it's a ho hum game are fanbase will feel we can win.  I've been to Baton Rouge and don't ever care to go back.  I know every fanbase has their crazies, but I've witnessed their act on the road and in their place.  Not a worse group in the SEC in my opinion.

Paul

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 16, 2015, 08:40:18 am
A am going to the TN game.  Last time I was there we lost in 6 overtimes.  This time it will be different.

The TN game will be huge!
. I was watching that game from a trustee's suite.  They had given up when we lined up for that chip shot FG!  I'll be there for redemption!

DeltaBoy

Go to Tenner We are 2 years a head of Butch and his rebuilding effort on Rocky Top.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Bama

Have very good seats but unfortunately will be in a non Razorback section.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on April 16, 2015, 12:35:18 pm
Cool... If ya make it near Chattanooga during Football season and the Hogs are at home, your welcome to swing by for the game and some tail gating.
Wps

My daughter lives north of I-24 off 27 in town. I have some family friends that live in Knoxville and are big UT fans. Last time we played them, we were in Nashville watching as Arkansas was laying a hurt on them 49-7. It was great!
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

rmcchris

Quote from: PORKULATOR on April 16, 2015, 12:35:18 pm
Wps
Thanks and just might take you up on that some day.  Love Chatt.  Beautiful City and great place to live.

verticalhog

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the high profile road games this year.  I think hearing from the board has convinced me to make the trip to Knoxville (even if they do have polluted air).  By the way, I have no beef with Zero as our exchange was completely civil.  I do stand by my statement that we've often played well in BR and still lost (5 games with a total point differential of 22 points means close games).  I think our current coaching staff is the most professional we've seen since the Broyles era and we are more likely to win close games in hostile environments once CBB has completely installed his plan.  Go Hogs and I'll hope to see some of you in Knoxville!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on April 16, 2015, 02:13:28 am
Stop being a Richard cranium.
Richard Cranium.  EL oh el.  That was pretty good.  +1
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: verticalhog on April 15, 2015, 11:25:45 pm

Have several step-sons and other family in the Knoxville, east Tennessee area. Looking at possibly going up to see us put it on Tenner. BTW I think you'll really enjoy the UT campus. In some respects it reminds me of a larger Hill, however, without some of the natural beauty that's remained in Fayetteville. Then again, as we know Kville is a heck of a lot bigger and busier. Neylan Stadium used to be in bad need of a face lift, which of course it received several years ago. I understand it's pretty amazing now. Looks pretty nice from the outside anyway. One neat thing it does have going for it is its great location right on the banks of the Tenn. River.

TheRazorback500

The Tennessee game. I have some good friends living in the Knoxville area. I'd also like to see how our defense handles Dobbs.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

BatesvilleHOG

I've already made arrangements to be in Knoxville in October.

Hawgndaaz

Tuscaloosa is a blast and the Bama fans are great. The alumni are usually extremely classy and welcoming.

jrhardy88

Going to Knoxville.Will be fourth time,my second Hog game ever was the 1998 game.Great vibe,fans pretty good.Expect us to win!
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on April 16, 2015, 01:03:19 pm
My daughter lives north of I-24 off 27 in town. I have some family friends that live in Knoxville and are big UT fans. Last time we played them, we were in Nashville watching as Arkansas was laying a hurt on them 49-7. It was great!
I live north of 24 off of 27 in Hixson. I get great joy out of beat Tenner.

Großer Kriegschwein

It will be Baton Rouge for me. The closest one.
This is my non-signature signature.

PORKULATOR

Does she have a razorback plate on the front of an SUV. Cause I've parked across from one at Bi-lo. I've seen 2 other plates besides mine here.

Hogs-n-Roses

Going to Neyland  is a must for your bucketlist. Its a unique stadium. Don't have upper decks built over a smaller older stadium. Just one huge bowl. The fans were always great to us and tickets are always plentiful n cheap. With over 104,000 seats (changes) the place can get very loud. I have been it numerous times at 105+ announced and saw very few empties. I'm a hot dog connoisseur and got a great one outside the stadium from a cart vendor.

The other stadiums are massive also. Been in Bryant Denny at 85000 several times and a couple at 101000. I remember it and Tiger stadiums well and before any renovations.All places have some fans who don't act decent.