Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports Talk Radio

Started by Hog N Bama, April 15, 2015, 05:55:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog N Bama

Is 93.3 indeed gone? Heard the station had been bought. If so, has Bo's show and Mike Irwin moved to another station I can access via internet as before?

hoglady

Yes it is gone.
Christian rock station now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hog N Bama on April 15, 2015, 05:55:59 am
Is 93.3 indeed gone? Heard the station had been bought. If so, has Bo's show and Mike Irwin moved to another station I can access via internet as before?

I think a move may be in the works but it doesn't happen overnight.

Seebs

920 AM is back so I can at least listen to Dan Patrick on my drive in instead of the clever fellas on The Buzz.  I drive home disappointed that I have the option of National 920 sports talks ( hockey, NBA, some crap I do not care about) or listen to Marcus and Randy butcher the English language and trip over themselves wrongly discussing things that anybody with Internet access should already know.  Absolutely Zero, ZERO show prep for DTS. Zero.

Marcus shows up after work, Ray Tucker shows up from God knows where - not sure what Randy does all day but it is not research. Trey Biddy talks recruiting, but for the love of God, Danny West is the recruiting guy and Trey basically says he hears everything from Danny.

I am sick to say that Rick Schaeffer is the only beacon of information on that abomination of a show and that is just a trickle.

I drive home in silence most afternoons now and that is sad - SAD  I tell you. 

For the love of Pete, 920 AM please buy in to Bo's show at least. I know they do not have the funds to support putting Game On back together, but syndicate Bo pretty please.

Off to listen to Dan Patrick - thankfully.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

SRV

Quote from: Seebs on April 15, 2015, 08:45:56 am
920 AM is back so I can at least listen to Dan Patrick on my drive in instead of the clever fellas on The Buzz.  I drive home disappointed that I have the option of National 920 sports talks ( hockey, NBA, some crap I do not care about) or listen to Marcus and Randy butcher the English language and trip over themselves wrongly discussing things that anybody with Internet access should already know.  Absolutely Zero, ZERO show prep for DTS. Zero.

Marcus shows up after work, Ray Tucker shows up from God knows where - not sure what Randy does all day but it is not research. Trey Biddy talks recruiting, but for the love of God, Danny West is the recruiting guy and Trey basically says he hears everything from Danny.

I am sick to say that Rick Schaeffer is the only beacon of information on that abomination of a show and that is just a trickle.

For the love of Pete, 920 AM please buy in to Bo's show at least. I know they do not have the funds to support putting Game On back together, but syndicate Bo pretty please.

Well stated.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

TrueBlue

Aww come on.

You still have the Show with No Brains on the Buzz!

Wildhog

I've been listening to the Morning Rush and Bo's show on 104.3
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog N Bama

Does Mike Irwin participate regularly on any radio shows now? I really like his input.

HF#1

Quote from: Wildhog on April 15, 2015, 09:47:08 am
I've been listening to the Morning Rush and Bo's show on 104.3

Wonder if we get that in LR?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

OLDHOG

Quote from: HF#1 on April 15, 2015, 12:01:12 pm
I'm in Maumelle and I don't get it, so probably not, unfortunately

hoglady

Quote from: HF#1 on April 15, 2015, 12:01:12 pm

I just tried a little while ago while driving.
Nothing but static.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TeedupHigh

Wildhog

Quote from: TeedupHigh on April 15, 2015, 01:54:29 pm
Bo is on 96.3

Yeah, try this, too.  I can't pick it up as well as 104.3 in Conway, but you all may.  I'm not sure where it's based.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoghappy

When a show is Caller Driven like DTS, it makes it much more difficult for the on-air folks to do prep for a show. Shows like the Ugly Uncle and others allow callers, but they don't run the program.

DeltaBoy

LR is DOA when it comes to Hog Sports Radio.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Quote from: hoghappy on April 15, 2015, 02:37:39 pm
When a show is Caller Driven like DTS, it makes it much more difficult for the on-air folks to do prep for a show. Shows like the Ugly Uncle and others allow callers, but they don't run the program.

It's really just an awful show.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Seebs

Quote from: hoghappy on April 15, 2015, 02:37:39 pm

Say what? Being informed is hard to do, especially when it is your job?

There are so many things wrong with your comment.

Good shows bring up a topic, have an educated take, provoke thought or debate and try to straddle the fence on opinion.

DTS does none of this. It is tantamount to old people sitting on a country store front porch playing checkers on a whiskey barrel.  Just gabbing aimlessly, wrongly and without any research. 

There is no production value to the show. Listening to the production value of Bo's show and the lack of anything on DTS is like comparing the Mona Lisa to an Etch -a-sketch drawing from someone with the bends.

How about guests? Bo has nationally renowned guests and writers from around the country. Randy Rainwater has Coach Crawford and his mouth full of cactus needles and  his take on all things important to him.

So I can hold down a successful 8-5 job and take the time to read my sports news while doing said job to the extent that I can answer any of the inane questions that come up on DTS.  It is not hard - it simply means I enjoy doing it.

While I am neither 'brain dead' or a 'jogger nut' I know horrible radio when I hear it and it lives on 103.7 the buzz from 4 until 7.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

presidenthog

Quote from: Seebs on April 15, 2015, 02:49:11 pm

Good shows bring up a topic, have an educated take, provoke thought or debate and try to straddle the fence on opinion.

DTS does none of this. It is tantamount to old people sitting on a country store front porch playing checkers on a whiskey barrel.  Just gabbing aimlessly, wrongly and without any research. 

There is no production value to the show. Listening to the production value of Bo's show and the lack of anything on DTS is like comparing the Mona Lisa to an Etch -a-sketch drawing from someone with the bends.

How about guests? Bo has nationally renowned guests and writers from around the country. Randy Rainwater has Coach Crawford and his mouth full of cactus needles and  his take on all things important to him.

So I can hold down a successful 8-5 job and take the time to read my sports news while doing said job to the extent that I can answer any of the inane questions that come up on DTS.  It is not hard - it simply means I enjoy doing it.

While I am neither 'brain dead' or a 'jogger nut' I know horrible radio when I hear it and it lives on 103.7 the buzz from 4 until 7.
It starts at 6 am as well

Fanofthegame

I also can't stand the shows on 1037. I listen only for the updates that Trey Biddy provides. They may not be the best but usually I learn something that I wan't aware of. I immediately change the channel when he goes off the air. I have come to despise that radio station so bad I hate the commercials they use. When they do the Mack's Prairie Wings thing before Trey Biddy comes on I change the station for the 20 seconds just because the sound of the commercial makes my skin crawl. I could go on and on about each of the people on the early show and DTS but I will not this time. I probably wouldn't do them justice it has been so long since I have actually listened to a word they say. I thankfully can get 104.3 strong in my area and always listen to the early show and Bo in the afternoon. I don't always agree with everything that I hear on those shows but at least I can listen.

I wasn't going to do it but that sound that Marcus Elliot makes with his mouth, I do listen to see if he still does it occasionally. I keep thinking that someone would make him aware of the noise and he would take steps to make sure that it doesn't happen.

Go Hogs!
"He may not be in a class by himself, but it don't take long to call roll"

Großer Kriegschwein

I listen to whatever Razorback shows are on the radio when I'm back home. YOu don't know how old it gets to hear LSU crap 247. I just feel better hearing about MY team. Don't hear it enough to have an opinion on the radio personalities.
This is my non-signature signature.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 15, 2015, 03:24:30 pm
I listen to whatever Razorback shows are on the radio when I'm back home. YOu don't know how old it gets to hear LSU crap 247. I just feel better hearing about MY team. Don't hear it enough to have an opinion on the radio personalities.
You should check on TuneIn Radio. Website for computers/App for smart phones. It has streaming radio, including most sports talk stations in Arkansas.

presidenthog

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 15, 2015, 05:29:27 pm
You should check on TuneIn Radio. Website for computers/App for smart phones. It has streaming radio, including most sports talk stations in Arkansas.
What is the feeling down in red stick on their team?

Svrdhd

I'm in GA but can listen live for free to Bo's show via the free Ustream app anywhere my phone has signal. Also archived programs if it's not live at the moment. If your car has Bluetooth or an aux input on the radio then it'll play in your vehicle.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

jcarney12747

I suggest some of you get the espn radio app. Or an app thats allows you to live stream radio, like ustream.

HogsBalls

Quote from: Svrdhd on April 15, 2015, 07:03:28 pm
I'm in GA but can listen live for free to Bo's show via the free Ustream app anywhere my phone has signal. Also archived programs if it's not live at the moment. If your car has Bluetooth or an aux input on the radio then it'll play in your vehicle.

Download TuneIn radio and you can get Bo's show wherever.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

92.1 The Ticket from Fayetteville carries the Bo Mattingly show.  You can listen for free anywhere in the world using the i Heart Radio App.  I plug my i phone into the Aux In of my car, and the sound quality through my car speakers is excellent!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 15, 2015, 09:44:53 am
Aww come on.

You still have the Show with No Brains on the Buzz!

If that's a sport talk show then I am the best quarterback since Joe Mantegna.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

One other point:  Bo also has an excellent podcast that you can listen to anytime you want.  Use the "My Podcasts" app on your i phone.  Each daily show is condensed into about 40 minutes of his best interviews, callers, and commentary. 

Great if you are traveling for work and you missed a previous day's show. 

Bo, if you ever read this, thanks for the podcasts!  They are great! 

jesterzzn

I think you just solved the puzzle on your own.

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: Seebs on April 15, 2015, 08:45:56 am

I've driven in silence in the afternoon every since Shawn Arnell went off the air. To me personally, his product was and is the standard for Razorback sports talk radio in this state. I'll be driving home in silence for a while it seems.

Shawn

Thanks MushroomCloudHog, it was a blast. I have said on numerous occasions that I wish there was a way to air our commercial breaks because some of the best pranks and banter happened during this time. What I am most thankful for is that we had a team who really left their ego at the door. We NEVER fought for airtime and with all the moving parts that is a reflection to those who played a role.
Hogville played a HUGE role in our show and I will be forever grateful.

Seebs

Quote from: Shawn on April 17, 2015, 08:50:59 am
Thanks MushroomCloudHog, it was a blast. I have said on numerous occasions that I wish there was a way to air our commercial breaks because some of the best pranks and banter happened during this time. What I am most thankful for is that we had a team who really left their ego at the door. We NEVER fought for airtime and with all the moving parts that is a reflection to those who played a role.

Come on back Shawn - Memphis is stinky.

Shawn

Seebs- I am in a great place and it would take the PERFECT deal for me to come back. Yes, there has been some short discussions but the perfect deal doesn't exist in radio and I have been out of the game too long so whatever momentum I had has evaporated ; I am at peace with it all. I really have no desire to return to radio but if I did, it wouldn't be as a host. 

Genuine Mahawgony

Shawn Arnell with Bill Ingram always made me wish my commute was twice as long. The two of you were unbelievable together.

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: Shawn on April 17, 2015, 08:50:59 am

Shawn I did a little mma radio with you a few years ago. Was a blast bro and has helped me to this a lot even as we speak.

kibster

Quote from: Shawn on April 17, 2015, 09:11:39 am
Seebs- I am in a great place and it would take the PERFECT deal for me to come back. Yes, there has been some short discussions but the perfect deal doesn't exist in radio and I have been out of the game too long so whatever momentum I had has evaporated ; I am at peace with it all. I really have no desire to return to radio but if I did, it wouldn't be as a host. 

What are you doing now?

And You with Ross were by far my favorite show in the state.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

chitwnhog

Absolutely correct..

HF#1

Finally found my happy place as far as my sports talk world is concerned.  ESPN Radio app for The Morning Rush and Iheartradio for Bo's show in the afternoon.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

kibster

Quote from: HF#1 on April 18, 2015, 07:46:53 pm
Finally found my happy place as far as my sports talk world is concerned.  ESPN Radio app for The Morning Rush and Iheartradio for Bo's show in the afternoon.

Unfortunately in my new office, I barely get enough cell services to get a text.  Not sure how I can be in the middle of LR and get such poor service in the office.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

SECisKing

A lot of people in this thread were missing Arkansas media personality Wess Moore, formerly of the now defunct 93.3 The Jock's "Game On." Us at the Ball Hawg have a brand new interview with him where he breaks down the Razorback Football landscape and even dives into what's going on with his radio career! It's a great episode because Wess is, well, great!

Tunein; subscribe on iTunes, rate and comment for us. We're doing work! You can check us on Razorback Sports Radio as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bhp-015-wess-moore-talks-arkansas/id975078933?i=342776431&mt=2
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

Wildhog

Quote from: SECisKing on May 21, 2015, 11:10:05 am
A lot of people in this thread were missing Arkansas media personality Wess Moore, formerly of the now defunct 93.3 The Jock's "Game On." Us at the Ball Hawg have a brand new interview with him where he breaks down the Razorback Football landscape and even dives into what's going on with his radio career! It's a great episode because Wess is, well, great!

Tunein; subscribe on iTunes, rate and comment for us. We're doing work! You can check us on Razorback Sports Radio as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bhp-015-wess-moore-talks-arkansas/id975078933?i=342776431&mt=2

Wess needs another show on Arkansas radio.  He's really a great host.
1909/1964/1965/1977

SECisKing

Quote from: Wildhog on May 21, 2015, 11:52:48 am
Wess needs another show on Arkansas radio.  He's really a great host.

He sure is. And he's hosting Sports Talk w/ Bo next Tuesday and Wednesday. Can't wait for that, bro.

DeltaBoy

I stream it all day at work.
ESPN 96>3 FM
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SECisKing

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 21, 2015, 02:29:32 pm
I stream it all day at work.
ESPN 96>3 FM

Eh, I've had some bad business dealings with people from that station. I'll say stream Bo's show and the rest ain't worth it. Definitely need better option in the morning, though!

mrs. hawgndodge

Quote from: SECisKing on May 21, 2015, 03:26:15 pm
Definitely need better option in the morning, though!

Good luck with that. Morning Rush is a great show with great guests.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: SECisKing on May 21, 2015, 11:10:05 am

Just subscribed to the podcast, thank you and Chad for the really great off season content. It's an oasis in a desert of mediocrity.  :razorback:

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

SECisKing

Quote from: mrs. hawgndodge on May 21, 2015, 10:06:01 pm
Good luck with that. Morning Rush is a great show with great guests.

I've been a guest on there twice, but no thank you.

SECisKing

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 21, 2015, 10:59:24 pm
Just subscribed to the podcast, thank you and Chad for the really great off season content. It's an oasis in a desert of mediocrity.  :razorback:

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

Zen, I appreciate the subscription and I speak for Chad when I say thank you for listening during this long offseason. We're going to try to get the listeners involved by actually getting them on the show to talk ball.

Hog N Bama

Thanks for this information. I just subscribed to the podcast and followed the station on Tune In Radio. Wes Moore is great.. Hope to hear Mike Irwin daily too like in the past at noon!! :razorback:

SECisKing

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 22, 2015, 06:34:50 am
Thanks for this information. I just subscribed to the podcast and followed the station on Tune In Radio. Wes Moore is great.. Hope to hear Mike Irwin daily too like in the past at noon!! :razorback:

Not a prob, thanks for the subscription, Bama Hog. Yeah Irwin is my guy, too. Gotta get Michael Smith back on as well.