Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When was the last time you had this much faith in our coaching staff as a whole?

Started by HogMantheIntruder, April 14, 2015, 01:07:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 25, 2015, 04:15:46 am
in other words you are admitting one man, the head coach, took the football program to a level it had not seen since 1978 ? that being the case, sounds like one helluva football coach to me

ad: I like your work Mike, but sometimes, no let me amend this, quite often the media judges coaches, and especially the head coach, on how he interacts and gives access to the reporters...if he's a horse's butt like Petrino could be to the media, well, when he falls from grace the inevitable media foot to coach's throat rolls out...you may have not liked the guy, but you cannot argue with his ability to win football games...Petrino, and the bright future perceived by large donors because of what Bobby's razorback teams did on the field is the ONLY reason that football operations is as nice as it is...somehow I dont get the feeling we'd have quite as greased of a pipeline to Florida for recruiting without that facility...JMHO

There is no question that Bobby was a one man show.

And yes, Mike's point about the staff does prove the Bobby was a football genius.

Which also means our program's future under him, would always be entirely dependent on how much constant attention he gave it.

How was that working out? His attention during his last season with us, was....where? Answer...directly behind him, against the seat of his motorcycle.

His arrogance  and attitude and lying....were going to do what...for recruiting? Let's ask the class of 2010.

It's possible that Mike does actually enjoy his work more, now that he rubs elbows with competent, professional men of integrity...instead of sleaze bags and sycophants.

But just because his workplace atmosphere is better, doesn't mean what he reports is inaccurate.

LZH

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 24, 2015, 04:51:45 pm
Petrino's staff was almost (but not quite) as bad as Hatfield's. Try in any way to compare Kris Klenakis to Sam Pittman. Willy Robinson to Robb Smith. Garrick McGee to Dan Enos.

Petrino employed yes men who in many cases were lucky to have jobs. They brought little or nothing to the table. They were like mirrors reflecting the image of Petrino back at him. This is not just my opinion. There are many players from those days that will tell you the same thing.

There's a reason the nation never has or never will see BP with an A-list staff of assistants.....he's a ****.

Ā 

Mike Irwin

in other words you are admitting one man, the head coach, took the football program to a level it had not seen since 1978 ? that being the case, sounds like one helluva football coach to me

ad: I like your work Mike, but sometimes, no let me amend this, quite often the media judges coaches, and especially the head coach, on how he interacts and gives access to the reporters...if he's a horse's butt like Petrino could be to the media, well, when he falls from grace the inevitable media foot to coach's throat rolls out...you may have not liked the guy, but you cannot argue with his ability to win football games...Petrino, and the bright future perceived by large donors because of what Bobby's razorback teams did on the field is the ONLY reason that football operations is as nice as it is...somehow I dont get the feeling we'd have quite as greased of a pipeline to Florida for recruiting without that facility...JMHO
The question posed referred to the THE COACHING STAFF AS A WHOLE.

I continue to be amazed by the constant claim by Petrino supporters on this board that the media went after him because he was, as you put it, a horses butt to the media.

That is a myth. The Razorback media liked and worked well with Petrino. He was always on time for pressers. He allowed us more access to practice than Bielema does. The only reporter he ever got mad at was Gator Girl (her radio name) and even then he was polite to her even though most of us thought she was completely unprofessional.

The fact is Petrino suckered us. While he was treating us great he was a holy terror to deal with inside the BAC. None of those people ever came forward while it was going on so we didn't know.

Petrino was fools gold. Under him Hog football was like a home with great curb appeal  disguising a sinking, cracking foundation.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 25, 2015, 08:33:42 am

I continue to be amazed by the constant claim by Petrino supporters on this board that the media went after him because he was, as you put it, a horses butt to the media.

That is a myth. The Razorback media liked and worked well with Petrino. He was always on time for pressers. He allowed us more access to practice than Bielema does. The only reporter he ever got mad at was Gator Girl (her radio name) and even then he was polite to her even though most of us thought she was completely unprofessional.

The fact is Petrino suckered us. While he was treating us great he was a holy terror to deal with inside the BAC. None of those people ever came forward while it was going on so we didn't know.

Petrino was fools gold. Under him Hog football was like a home with great curb appeal  disguising a sinking, cracking foundation.

WOW...that may finally put the stake though the heart of "The Petrinoites"!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 25, 2015, 08:33:42 am

30 to 40 million dollars worth of fool's gold....that's a heckuvalot of the faux  element,  Au
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 25, 2015, 08:39:09 am
WOW...that may finally put the stake though the heart of "The Petrinoites"!
maybe you should head back to some of your posts in 2010....oh how quickly the fickle finger of fate changes in a person...I won't post them, but just go back and review what you posted about CBP...and then you have the nerve throw the above junk up "pig tailing" Mike Irwin ? One hope Mike doesn't stop short, he'll have someone a little too close to his derriere...just a suggestion for your health, that's all
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Augustus

Dude... get over Petrino. He's gone, and he ain't never coming back.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 25, 2015, 11:36:34 am
maybe you should head back to some of your posts in 2010....oh how quickly the fickle finger of fate changes in a person...I won't post them, but just go back and review what you posted about CBP...and then you have the nerve throw the above junk up "pig tailing" Mike Irwin ? One hope Mike doesn't stop short, he'll have someone a little too close to his derriere...just a suggestion for your health, that's all

You and I get sideways way too often.. I think it's because I like your style and take it personal when someone as cool as you turns into a real dumbazz.. However, you will most definitely ride this sinking sub down by yourself. There is no doubt that our program as a whole is healthier now than it was after 2012. I loved CBP, and wished we could have found a way to keep him right up until I saw what CBB was building. In a couple of years you will look back at this squabble and feel like a tool... Well, probably not, you rarely display any conscience when you argue, but you will know you were wrong even if you lie to yourself and refuse to admit it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.