Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN: Enos Brings QB tutelage to Arkansas

Started by younghog, April 14, 2015, 11:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

younghog

"Our offense is very quarterback friendly," Enos said. "The more a guy can understand what you're doing, the more freedom and the more flexibility he has within the offense to take advantage of certain things.

Best Quote of the Article IMO
GO HOGS

Wildhog

Great read.  I'm just glad to have a QB coach that:

1. Actually played the position, so he's been there/done that.
2. HAS COACHED THE POSITION BEFORE.  Chaney's first year to ever coach QB's was 2012.  He was a long-time OL/TE coach.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

younghog

I feel ya WildHOG..

Also saw via today ARDEMGAZ an article on Singleton where Enos is having the QB go through fumble drills..

--begin

First-year offensive coordinator Dan Enos was so taken by Singleton's techniques that he's emphasized them to the quarterbacks and receivers in addition to the backs.

"Obviously you're really good at what you decide to emphasize and we've decided to emphasize, from Coach Bielema permeating all the way down through the rest of us, we're going to be as good [in ball security] as we can be."

--

IT ALL LEADS TO GREATER success for the entire team..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

LAHog124

Quote from: Wildhog on April 14, 2015, 11:56:34 am

2. HAS COACHED THE POSITION BEFORE.  Chaney's first year to ever coach QB's was 2012.  He was a long-time OL/TE coach.
+1
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

presidenthog

Quote from: younghog on April 14, 2015, 11:50:50 am
"Our offense is very quarterback friendly," Enos said. "The more a guy can understand what you're doing, the more freedom and the more flexibility he has within the offense to take advantage of certain things.

Best Quote of the Article IMO
I also enjoyed the quote about how talking to brandon was like talking to a coach. Honestly if ba doesn't improve enough to get a shot at the league I wouldn't be too against him being given a GA assistant job

Cinco de Hogo

I got in trouble(kicked off for three months) just a while back for wanting a Enos... Well as Jerry Reid said "when you right you right son"

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on April 14, 2015, 02:37:59 pm
I got in trouble(kicked off for three months) just a while back for wanting a Enos... Well as Jerry Reid said "when you right you right son"

I'm going to highly doubt that you got kicked off for three months for "wanting a Enos".

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2015, 02:42:01 pm
I'm going to highly doubt that you got kicked off for three months for "wanting a Enos".

That and a few other things I was right about but the point is that most of the power brokers on Hogville we're giving people fits for wanting a change.  That's common stuff.

Wildhog

Everybody was totally cool with me hating Chaney...

:)
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on April 14, 2015, 02:50:56 pm
That and a few other things I was right about but the point is that most of the power brokers on Hogville we're giving people fits for wanting a change.  That's common stuff.

I've never seen having a differing opinion get someone banned.  And this comes from someone that's had that treatment more than once, and had permanent bans and been graciously allowed to come back after promising to keep myself out of the gutter.  I'm just saying opinions don't get you banned, presentation does. From experience.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on April 14, 2015, 02:52:34 pm

You got a lot of pushback about Chaney, including from me.  But you never got canned for it because you were fairly gracious about how you presented it.  I think what gets folks banned is that they come out with what they know is an unpopular opinion, and then they kick and scream and lash out when they get some pushback.  Lots of times, they may be correct, like you were.  Folks are better off just having a good attitude about the pushback, like you did.  Now you're pickin in high cotton, and didn't have to sit out a few months to get your point across.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2015, 02:56:28 pm
You got a lot of pushback about Chaney, including from me.  But you never got canned for it because you were fairly gracious about how you presented it.  I think what gets folks banned is that they come out with what they know is an unpopular opinion, and then they kick and scream and lash out when they get some pushback.  Lots of times, they may be correct, like you were.  Folks are better off just having a good attitude about the pushback, like you did.  Now you're pickin in high cotton, and didn't have to sit out a few months to get your point across.

I learned a long time ago that if you're going to dish it out, you'd better be willing to take it, too.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2015, 02:53:07 pm
I've never seen having a differing opinion get someone banned.  And this comes from someone that's had that treatment more than once, and had permanent bans and been graciously allowed to come back after promising to keep myself out of the gutter.  I'm just saying opinions don't get you banned, presentation does. From experience.
[/quote

It's pretty easy to click on my name and the click on Show Post, try to find what you suspect is there.  You can easily find my thoughts on the QB position and the coach of that position.

Hoggish1

I'd like to see BA get that great year finally under his belt.  Most thought he would be a great QB, but two OCs before getting Chaney, who's O scheme was purported to take three years before it was fully digested (total BS IMO), have put BA behind for three long years.

I think Enos is just the guy to help BA reach his potential.

rzrbk4life

Great read. Excited to see what the offense can do with Enos at the helm this year. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Danny J

But but but....Drew Brees!!!

BigPapaHawg

I'm looking forward to seeing this offense this season! Should be exciting!!!!
WOO PIG

Soooie21

3000 yds.. 30 td's..to go along with 2 1000 yd runners.....doable..

Boardon Hamsay

Good read. I'm looking forward to seeing what Enos can do with our QBs. I'd like to see us have more balance with our passing game and call plays that set BA up for success via getting into a rhythm. It seemed like Chaney called pass plays that immediately went over the top as opposed to coming out and establishing some higher percentage, poise/confidence building throws. Maybe that's my sometimes selective memory though. Either way, I look forward to seeing our guys this fall.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

JT_Dav

Quote from: Soooie21 on April 14, 2015, 07:22:00 pm

A season like that puts us up there as a top 10 team.  I'm for it.

MissippHog

Quote from: Soooie21 on April 14, 2015, 07:22:00 pm
If we hit those numbers......better watch out!

Sportster365

April 15, 2015, 10:23:22 am #22 Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:24:59 pm by Sportster365
Good read. Thanks for the post. I found it quite refreshing. Ostendorf didn't sway from the truth any and provided solid stats and information that could suggest growth at the position.

"Every team needs a quarterback. It doesn't matter how good your running backs are or how big your offensive line is. Every team needs a quarterback."

"The Razorbacks are the only team in the SEC that can boast a pair of returning 1,000-yard rushers in Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins. They have an offensive line that averages 320 pounds per player. And yet, the critical piece, the piece that can make or break the season, is quarterback Brandon Allen."

This team is built to go where the QB takes them. It's as obvious as the sky is blue and yet many on this board fail to acknowledge that and begin with the excuses of how every other position needs to step it up.

The last scrimmage did show shades of improvement from the position that I hadn't seen from our starter since he's been the starter. Throwing over 10 passes while completing over 70% of them. 17/22 with over 200+yds are good numbers and expected numbers for a 2 year starting 5th year Senior playing a scrimmage in a green jersey. I don't recall ever hearing of him producing such numbers and imo its a credit to Dan Enos. With Enos it looks like we will be able to place the ball in BAs hands in the 4th and pull out some Ws this year. Although there's only so much a coach can do for a player. He can't provide that IT factor... you're either born with it or have learned how to develop it. I'm still in the boat that thinks Austin has just enough resolve to complete those third and critical passes, that sometimes seem to appear a little too weighty for our current starter.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bebop

Cheers!  8)

When was your "oh crud, Chaney isn't going to work out for us" moment? Mine was the A&M game.

To his credit, I think Chaney is knowledgeable of the game but doesn't know how to work it out once he gets in a rut.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on April 14, 2015, 02:37:59 pm
That song by Jerry Reed would be 'When you're hot, you're hot, when you're not, you're not'

PORKULATOR

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2015, 02:42:01 pm
this ^^^^
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DeltaBoy

These young ones don't remember Joe as our QB and as our QB Coach early on for Nutt.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PORKULATOR on April 15, 2015, 11:13:37 pm
this ^^^^

I invite anybody to visit my post history, if your going call me a liar back it up.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 15, 2015, 10:07:51 pm
That song by Jerry Reed would be 'When you're hot, you're hot, when you're not, you're not'

It's what you call "taking liberty" LOL!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Wildhog on April 14, 2015, 11:56:34 am

Totally agree.  you don't want an old OLM to coach the QB positions.  My thoughts also.

Hawgzinbowlz

There are different things, absolutely, but he's doing very well with it. The installs are going not fast and not slow, somewhere in the middle, but for Brandon, I can speed the installation up even quicker because he gets it and he gets it very, very quickly."
"There's a good and bad with that," Enos said. "The good is he's run a lot of different things. He's got the ability to say, 'Oh yeah, we ran something like that similar with Coach Petrino and he called it this.' It's almost like talking to a coach that you came on staff with."

BA is the guy I want runnin' The Hogs...and CDE is preparing the backups.

" GO HOGS "

The NewEra

Quote from: MissippHog on April 15, 2015, 12:23:46 am
If we hit those numbers......better watch out!

The difference between us being a good and a very good team are, and were last year, the ability to put points up consistently.  And that really goes for the second half of games.  It seemed anything after the original script was a challenge for us.

I'm ecstatic with Enos and what he brings to the program.  Watch out for these Hogs if we have an offense that is dangerous.

If he's as good as I think he is then just think of what he can do with the three quarterbacks behind Brandon.

DeltaBoy

I am expecting a great year by the Hogs this Fall.

Birminghog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 15, 2015, 10:07:51 pm

"Just put your money in and let's roll 'em again."

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Birminghog on April 17, 2015, 09:18:21 pm
"Just put your money in and let's roll 'em again."

"You can 'splain it all, down at City Hall..."

HognitiveDissonance

"Now every time I'd rice them dice I'd win,
And I was just gettin' ready to roll 'em again
When I turned around,
And there was a big ole cop

He said 'Hello boys'
Then he gave us a grin and said
'Looks like I'm gonna have to haul ya'll in
And keep all that money for evidence'

And I said 'well, when you're hot, you're hot'

TheRazorbackGuy

Most in Fayetteville celebrated the day Chaney departed the program. Most Hog fans were very happy

oldfart

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 14, 2015, 05:21:51 pm
I'd like to see BA get that great year finally under his belt.  Most thought he would be a great QB, but two OCs before getting Chaney, who's O scheme was purported to take three years before it was fully digested (total BS IMO), have put BA behind for three long years.

I think Enos is just the guy to help BA reach his potential.

i cant believe any offense is so complicated that it takes three years to get installed..  if so, you have player turnover going on each year so what is that going to accomplish?