Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh What a Difference...

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, January 01, 2017, 07:11:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

...a few plays could make. So far I've heard for the heads of AD JL, CBB, CKA, and CRS (who probably needs to go honestly). When IF we could've just not turned the ball over and over and over again in THEIR end zone. Or IF one of our top WRs didn't spit the bit twice...Hogville would look soooo different right now.

But AA threw INTs. DM fumbled the ball away. We handed the game away. But yet...take even half those pays away...we win and everyone is semi-content. But instead, those turnovers happened and everyone wants heads to roll.

Is it just me that sees the fine line on this?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Dr. Starcs

26.2Hog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 01, 2017, 07:11:52 pm
...a few plays could make. So far I've heard for the heads of AD JL, CBB, CKA, and CRS (who probably needs to go honestly). When IF we could've just not turned the ball over and over and over again in THEIR end zone. Or IF one of our top WRs didn't spit the bit twice...Hogville would look soooo different right now.

But AA threw INTs. DM fumbled the ball away. We handed the game away. But yet...take even half those pays away...we win and everyone is semi-content. But instead, those turnovers happened and everyone wants heads to roll.

Well, you know, that works both ways.  A missed field goal by LaTech and TCU or we would have been 5-7. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 01, 2017, 07:20:40 pm
Well, you know, that works both ways.  A missed field goal by LaTech and TCU or we would have been 5-7. 

Nobody likes a smarty pants.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawg IQ

I agree in some respects, we are close and so close too. we have weakness on oline, some at running back (blocking). A Allen is a good qb, but like his brother, he needs to get mentally tougher and make better decisions.

Decent tight ends,  but need more speed at receiver.  Enos needs to stretch his imagination some. we need to incorporate stuff to blister teams when they blitz too much,  maybe use the spread more, create to personel.

On defense , can't keep doing bad crap,   using schemes that don't make stops enough. stir the pot, blitz more, build a quicker linebacker corp, tighten cb play, utilize safetys more. get depth and more talent with down linemen.

B Beilema needs to start getting it done, "man up" and see to it asst are doing their jobs. two points of reference, offensive line coach  either replace or do some country butt kicking  nd get him F to work !!

And Robb Smith need to be let go or take his silk panties away.
go hogs go !

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 01, 2017, 07:20:40 pm

Look, I get that you can play the what if game with every single game that is ever played, but the fact is, we gave them the ball time and time and time again right in front of there endzone, all while we were fumbling the ball through the endzone.

I've rarely seen such a crazy occurrence in sports as I saw against VaTech. We simply handed them the game. So I would hardly compare it to other games this season. Cuz NONE of them come close to what happened just days ago.

So...like in my original post...if even half of those things hadn't happened, we win that game and the world is a different place for all Hog fans.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogman64

what you are talking about are characteristics that distinguish winning teams from losing teams, winning teams get leads and keep them, losing teams never get leads or get them and lose them.  based on our body of work the last three years when it comes to doing the things it takes to keep a lead, we are not even close to a winning team. So  based on the last three years of consistently blowing leads , even in a few wins that we managed to come back, I would say it is not a fine line at this point.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogman64 on January 01, 2017, 09:12:46 pm
what you are talking about are characteristics that distinguish winning teams from losing teams, winning teams get leads and keep them, losing teams never get leads or get them and lose them.  based on our body of work the last three years when it comes to doing the things it takes to keep a lead, we are not even close to a winning team. So  based on the last three years of consistently blowing leads , even in a few wins that we managed to come back, I would say it is not a fine line at this point.

Wait...winning teams...build a lead and hold it til the end of the game...and...losing teams...lose the lead or...never get the lead...? I believe my entire outlook on football has changed...

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 01, 2017, 09:20:30 pm
Wait...winning teams...build a lead and hold it til the end of the game...and...losing teams...lose the lead or...never get the lead...? I believe my entire outlook on football has changed...

Of you are going to post in threads, at least stay true to the OP.

FACT: Had AA or DM not handed the ball to the opposing team right in front of their endzone countless times, the heads of our coaches/director would not be called for in a giant fit of rage.

greenEGnHAWGS

^^^^ ha ha...somehow I responded to myself. But you know who this is to...

pigture perfect

I think we are about to see some good seasons back to back. In order to do that however, we need Bret to get an angry face and chew some fanny until they pay attention.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

kp72204

The point is this, this team should have been mentally tough last year. We were all under the impression that the run they provided last year rubbed off on all the players. No more doing stupid things during crunch time. By the end of the season and a month between games, AA was no longer a "rookie" thus stopping the silly mistakes. Running out of bounds for a 4 yard loss? All talk seems to revert back to what we loss and how we couldn't overcome it. Well now we lose out best LT and receiving core and DL members. We're screwed for next year too. Bad new is next year we'll be losing even more of our OL and starting QB. On the positive Trey Flowers looks really good up in NE. Bring him in for motivational talks

porkrindjimmy

2 chinstrap league

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 01, 2017, 09:04:22 pm
Look, I get that you can play the what if game with every single game that is ever played, but the fact is, we gave them the ball time and time and time again right in front of there endzone, all while we were fumbling the ball through the endzone.

I've rarely seen such a crazy occurrence in sports as I saw against VaTech. We simply handed them the game. So I would hardly compare it to other games this season. Cuz NONE of them come close to what happened just days ago.

So...like in my original post...if even half of those things hadn't happened, we win that game and the world is a different place for all Hog fans.

I watched the same crazy set of circumstances happen during the Mizzou game. I watched us try to set up the same crazy circumstances against MSU..but they were as inept as us. I watched the same crazy circumstances occur in year one against Rutgers...and many other times...and all we got out of it were Losses and a befuddled look.

Bret could have an 11, 12 win team here and only win 9. This team should have won 10 this year, he won 7. Very easily could have and should have won at least 9 last year...we won 7.

He is in over his head.

PRJ

rude1

I will tell ya Chuck, we were just a play away from putting this thing away, and you really hate that...................

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: rude1 on January 01, 2017, 10:23:59 pm
I will tell ya Chuck, we were just a play away from putting this thing away, and you really hate that...................

But we got to get better...got to get better. 2 chinstrap league Chuck. Got to have both of em strapped.

PRJ

rude1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 01, 2017, 10:27:34 pm
But we got to get better...got to get better. 2 chinstrap league Chuck. Got to have both of em strapped.

PRJ

Things are tough right now Chuch, real tough, just gotta keep workin, gotta get better, nows the time when you just gotta hold on to the rope, gotta hold on to that rope....

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: rude1 on January 01, 2017, 10:34:19 pm
Things are tough right now Chuch, real tough, just gotta keep workin, gotta get better, nows the time when you just gotta hold on to the rope, gotta hold on to that rope....

I called that play Chuck!!!! Whoooooooooo......

PRJ

hogman64

The games we blow leads are all pretty similar as far as why........defensive lapses and give up big plays to an offense that many times has been shut down in the first half...   mental mistakes by O linemen jumping off sides or holding at crucial times.....turnovers on our end of the field, or in or near the other teams end zone....

we do these things consistently .. other average or less than average teams do these things too, that is why they lose.....IMO one of the reasons we keep doing  these things is the players don't seem to pay a price for doing them in games.....maybe we don't have the depth to make them pay the price but players who screw up usually are right back out there next possession.... my guess is if an Alabama receiver had a fumble like DM did to start the second half with a 24 to 0 lead he would not have been back in the game quick enough for that second fumble to happen.