Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe the glass is half full.

Started by itsonlyagame, January 01, 2017, 09:16:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

itsonlyagame

Washington scored 7 against Alabama. We scored 30 against Alabama. VT scored 35 on Clemson, scored 35 on us. Ohio state was shutout against Clemson which beat VT 42-35. We scored 24 on VT. Just saying.

NuttinItUp

Aaah, the old transitive property of college football argument. Gotta love it.

If you want to prove any team is better than another team, you can use this website.

For instance, here is how Arkansas is better than Alabama:
http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?sport=CFB&winner=Arkansas&loser=Alabama&year=2016&method=2

Hoggie17

January 01, 2017, 09:36:37 am #2 Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:34:19 am by Hoggie17
Quote from: itsonlyagame on January 01, 2017, 09:16:06 am
Washington scored 7 against Alabama. We scored 30 against Alabama. VT scored 35 on Clemson, scored 35 on us. Ohio state was shutout against Clemson which beat VT 42-35. We scored 24 on VT. Just saying.
Don't forget the 56-3 beat down that Auburn put on us, or the Missouri loss.  If it were only Alabama I could live with that.

carolinahogger

Just saying that cherry picking data can provide a grossly distorted view of reality?

MountieDawg

Maybe since CBB is on the rules committee he could fight that playing 4 quarters increases the chance for players to get hurt. Convince them that ending the game at halftime would be best for player safety and he becomes a decent coach.
SEC!

007 License To Squeal

The question is not "Is the glass half full".  There question is "What is that in the glass"?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yeah....the glass is half full now, & there's a hole in the bottom...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Scott7703

I'm concerned with wins and losses not how many points we score in the wins and losses.

hogginbama

You have it wrong. The barn has burned down, all the cattle are dead and your wife and kids have ran away with the milkman. There is no recovery from this season and Razorback football has been set back 40 years.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogginbama on January 01, 2017, 09:54:19 pm
You have it wrong. The barn has burned down, all the cattle are dead and your wife and kids have ran away with the milkman. There is no recovery from this season and Razorback football has been set back 40 years.

Overreact much? Geez.

rizzohoghead

Don't tinkle on me and tell me you're filling a glass..

NuttinItUp

PonderinHog

Hogwild

Maybe the glass is half full.

Yes the glass is half full.  The problem is in football you play two halves, and the 2nd half has been empty.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hogginbama on January 01, 2017, 09:54:19 pm

Hey, I'm good with that. That means we're winning the Orange Bowl next year.

rude1

Our cups runneth over with catchy slogans, phrases, and empty promises.....

Hogs958

Maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt

reddogjcss

Full glass of Ark moonshine first half but players each drank there glass at half time and for got to play second half.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 01, 2017, 11:06:31 pm
Full glass of Ark moonshine first half but players each drank there glass at half time and for got to play second half.
*they're

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 01, 2017, 09:45:45 pm

Yeah....the glass is half full now, & there's a hole in the bottom...

The faucet isn't flowing fast enough to keep up because somebody didn't pay the water bill on time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 01, 2017, 10:22:13 pm
Maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt

A beatle wouldn't hurt as much unless it's the car................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tophawg19

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 01, 2017, 11:09:43 pm
*they're
dude if you are going to correct folks , at least be right when you do it . love it when the Nazi grammar police get it wrong trying to correct others
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Capt. Hamm

I always like to keep my glass full. But sometimes it gets half empty.

MJ2

After the MO and the VT games I'm not sure how you can say the glass is even partially filled.   It's empty and broken on the floor.

Fatty McGee

Doesn't matter what you put in the glass, Arkansas football is the glass, and that's the problem:

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/MCIMR/clips/justifieds-mags-bennett/view
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

PonderinHog

Ex-Trumpet

I think the problem is what the glass is half full of.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Sir Oinksalot

Whether the glass is half empty or half full, there clearly is room

for more wine.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...