Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$16 mill is not a lot

Started by Poker_hog, December 31, 2016, 07:57:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HamSammich on January 01, 2017, 04:23:05 pm
Exactly. It's WAY more than 16M. All of the profits are already budgeted for things.... so where do you change the budget and pull money from? A lot is in this and this is exactly why all of you need to support CBB the next two years.... he isn't leaving.

We do agree on something.

hogman99

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 08:02:20 pm
Hey buddy, can you spare $20M?

i put this in another thread...

Really tired of these "you going to contribute to the buyout?"crap. Who approved that buyout? Answer would be the Razorback Foundation, not the U of A. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't approve an amount if they don't already have it in the bank. So please stop with this who's going to pay the buyout.

Poker_hog

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 01, 2017, 04:08:10 pm
Well if we hire Philip MONTGOMERY  tulsa head coach he makes 800,000. We hire him for 2.5 we can get some money back and get what looks like a good up and coming coach who led Baylor and Houston offense and changed tulsa around.

If we're paying the huge buyout we'd definitely have to go the up and comer route for our next hire.  If Bert left own his own we could afford to hire an established coach.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ricepig

Quote from: hogman99 on January 01, 2017, 04:33:28 pm
i put this in another thread...

Really tired of these "you going to contribute to the buyout?"crap. Who approved that buyout? Answer would be the Razorback Foundation, not the U of A. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't approve an amount if they don't already have it in the bank. So please stop with this who's going to pay the buyout.

My suggestion for you would to go on to GuideStar, look up the RF, and then pull up their 990 for their last year. Now, after you come up with cash on hand, subtract $10M pledged for the NEZ project, then subtract out the payments to the coaches, and see how much free cash that leaves them for various other projects and emergencies.

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 04:43:10 pm
My suggestion for you would to go on to GuideStar, look up the RF, and then pull up their 990 for their last year. Now, after you come up with cash on hand, subtract $10M pledged for the NEZ project, then subtract out the payments to the coaches, and see how much free cash that leaves them for various other projects and emergencies.

Meh.  Had Bert gone 2-10 the money would be there without question.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 01, 2017, 04:45:34 pm

So, people were going to have to give more, hmm....seems what I've implied.

hogman99

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 04:43:10 pm

Books reflect what they want you to see at a point in time. This isn't a publicly traded company.

With buyouts reaching these levels, I wonder if the contract states any minimum required production on behalf of the HC.  For example, maybe the HC would have to average x number of wins over a reasonable period of time or could be fired for cause.  Also graduate a reasonable number of players, meet certain APR requirements, don't embarrass the University, don't lie to the Administration and get caught unless you have an understanding of what the AD and administration will allow.

Unless otherwise contracted, a coach could get onboard and then mail it in for several years without any reasonable way to let him/her go.  You know, like we got right now.

HamSammich

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 01, 2017, 04:45:34 pm

Nope

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on January 01, 2017, 07:01:41 pm
With buyouts reaching these levels, I wonder if the contract states any minimum required production on behalf of the HC.  For example, maybe the HC would have to average x number of wins over a reasonable period of time or could be fired for cause.  Also graduate a reasonable number of players, meet certain APR requirements, don't embarrass the University, don't lie to the Administration and get caught unless you have an understanding of what the AD and administration will allow.

Unless otherwise contracted, a coach could get onboard and then mail it in for several years without any reasonable way to let him/her go.  You know, like we got right now.

The entire 71 page contract is readily available on the internet, read it for yourself.

ricepig

Quote from: hogman99 on January 01, 2017, 06:16:08 pm
Books reflect what they want you to see at a point in time. This isn't a publicly traded company.

Yeah, the IRS doesn't care about your charitable tax status, do as you please.

FaytownHog

Quote from: 12247 on January 01, 2017, 07:01:41 pm

I've never understood why contracts couldn't be made up like this. Buyouts and pay both based on performance. If you win a national championship, I'm sure no one in Ark would care that our coach is the highest paid in the country that year. We have been paying for a product quality that we aren't seeing.