Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's honeymoon is over but don't be surprised if it works out.

Started by luke hawg, December 30, 2016, 11:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

My only comment is this. Why in year 4 are we rebuilding? Why have we recruited all these Olinemen who can't beat out a guy who's only played 2-3 years and all that on defense?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

lefty08

Quote from: HenduHog on December 31, 2016, 10:51:56 am
My only comment is this. Why in year 4 are we rebuilding? Why have we recruited all these Olinemen who can't beat out a guy who's only played 2-3 years and all that on defense?

The rebuild has never stopped
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 03:18:15 am
Bielema's peaked already in the SEC west and he knows it too.

He's in WAY over his head.

This - he should be looking to land somewhere before he is farther outed as a bad coach
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

JOKERHOG

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 31, 2016, 04:32:58 am
What you and many others don't get is that to the people that matter he HAS turned it around. What you see now with wins/losses is the pinnacle when combined with off the field success.

Y'all can scream and cry all you want but he's not going anywhere. He's VERY comfortable here...no pressure to win more than 6ish games and collects 4 million. Protected by an enormous buyout. Even without the buyout he would be safe with what is being accomplished.

Nice try but the "people that matter" buy the tickets

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

Bubba's Bruisers

Recruiting has to improve or all of this is for not.  It's pretty much been the same for many years now.  The current class is very likely no different.  BB has his warts, no doubt, but he needs better talent.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 31, 2016, 07:36:54 am
Speaking of motorcycle boy, he also had the luxury during his ride with the West being the weaker side.  When you add that the SEC was worlds weaker, top to bottom than it is now, you get a best case scenario for Easy Rider that CBB did not walk into.

2011 poll next to last week of season 1.LSU 2. Alabama 3. Arkansas - So how was the east stronger?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 31, 2016, 07:36:54 am
Speaking of motorcycle boy, he also had the luxury during his ride with the West being the weaker side.  When you add that the SEC was worlds weaker, top to bottom than it is now, you get a best case scenario for Easy Rider that CBB did not walk into.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous statement ever made on Hogville.  The final 2011 AP poll had three of the top five from the SEC West and South Carolina (who Arkansas curb stomped) at #9. In 2010 the SEC West had the national champion and three in the top ten.  In addition to Arkansas at #12, Mississippi State finished #14 and another opponent,  South Carolina, was #22. Oh, and another team we beat,  Texas A&M, finished #19.

Did you actually watch football back then or just form your opinion based on what you read on this board?

daprospecta

Quote from: GlassofSwine on December 31, 2016, 12:37:03 am
The problem is Bielema hasn't shown he can improve on the areas he needs to. Disciplined and well coached teams don't blow leads like we have the last 2 games. Next year he needs to win 2 of 3 vs TCU, A&M and South Carolina to set the season up for a good year. If he can't do that we will be fighting at the end of the year just to be bowl eligible.
This is why I want him gone. I played the game and I can tell you, there aren't many on this team I'd want to go to war with on the field. Very few leaders if any, quitting left and right, bunch of pansies who quiver when getting punched in the mouth. That is being allowed by the head coach. I don't mind winning 7-8 games when we have a well coached, disciplined, team that loses because they are outclassed. That's not the case here. Remember Petrinos first year? The wins were not there but that team fought hard every game. You just knew that with time, that mentality would carry over into players with more talent and it did. We get higher level recruits and the quitting nature will be instilled in them by this coaching staff. They have got to go.

BR

Main thing for next year...  How do we fix this?  2nd Half in game adjustments, we suck at...  The numbers don't lie..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on December 30, 2016, 11:51:00 pm
Anyone who thought we'd be in the hunt by this year is smoking crack. This was a total rebuild. And, the rebuild is happening.

I've been a Hog fan since the first game I attended over 40 years ago. I hold a degree from my beloved UA and I donate and attend games because I believe in what's happening.

Do I think a few changes are needed? Hell yes.

Personally, I've always had 2017 circled as the year we should make a move. Will we? I sure hope so because I think we have the right guy at the helm. All the BS about firing CBB is, well, pathetic. If I'm proven wrong, I'll gladly step up and admit it.

Get over yourself dude no one gives af about your BA as if it puts you in a different tier of fandom... BA lol

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: BR on December 31, 2016, 12:44:33 pm
Main thing for next year...  How do we fix this?  2nd Half in game adjustments, we suck at...  The numbers don't lie..

Halftime adjustments are not made by players......they're made by competent coaches......I'm afraid we're in trouble as long as BB is here.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Big Boi

Quote from: FrankCourtneyNicodemus on December 31, 2016, 01:20:44 pm
Get over yourself dude no one gives af about your BA as if it puts you in a different tier of fandom... BA lol
;D

Bebop

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 31, 2016, 01:25:24 pm
Halftime adjustments are not made by players......they're made by competent coaches......I'm afraid we're in trouble as long as BB is here.

Yep. If players can score and be dominate in the first-half, then they should be able to in the second-half. The reason why they don't is because of coaching.

luke hawg

Quote from: HenduHog on December 31, 2016, 10:51:56 am

Why are we still rebuilding in year 4? This is for every slow brain in this thread. Bielema took over after a very talented finesse coach left our program unexpectedly causing a year of interim coaching. He landed Sam Pittman a very good recruiter that was able to add immediate offensive line talent his first two years in Skipper, Kirkland, Tretola, Ragnow, and Wallace. These were combined with Smothers and Cook. Unfortunately other than the 2 homegrown kids there was little offensive line talent brought in the 2 years before other than Swanson. This results in playing new talent early causing them to exit the program sooner. Cook, Kirkland, Ragnow, and Skipper never redshirted. Now why not just bite the bullet and redshirt all those kids and endure 3 losing seasons for a bigger payout in year 4. This isn't possible in today's environment which demands immediate results. This year was the donut hole causing us to play a lot of inexperienced guys at the same time. What is a great way to make first year players on the offensive line, QB, RB, and TE look confused. Blitzing. We were average at running the ball and terrible at blitz pick up with a first year QB that wasn't capable of checking out of bad plays. When teams began to struggle against us, they brought the house all season and it worked more times than not. The progression of well called screens won us a couple huge games to prevent a losing season. We were picked to lose against TCU, A&M, Bama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Florida, and Va Tech. There were no projections from advanced stats that had us winning more than 6 games.

EastexHawg

So the explanation is that he had to play his good recruits early and they are now gone.  Question...was he only allowed to sign what you consider quality recruits in year one and year two?  Why not keep replenishing every year?

And what about defense?  When does the "good" recruiting start there?

By the way, talk or write as fast as you want.  I feel quite sure my brain can keep up.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: luke hawg on December 31, 2016, 02:42:50 pm
Why are we still rebuilding in year 4? This is for every slow brain in this thread. Bielema took over after a very talented finesse coach left our program unexpectedly causing a year of interim coaching. He landed Sam Pittman a very good recruiter that was able to add immediate offensive line talent his first two years in Skipper, Kirkland, Tretola, Ragnow, and Wallace. These were combined with Smothers and Cook. Unfortunately other than the 2 homegrown kids there was little offensive line talent brought in the 2 years before other than Swanson. This results in playing new talent early causing them to exit the program sooner. Cook, Kirkland, Ragnow, and Skipper never redshirted. Now why not just bite the bullet and redshirt all those kids and endure 3 losing seasons for a bigger payout in year 4. This isn't possible in today's environment which demands immediate results. This year was the donut hole causing us to play a lot of inexperienced guys at the same time. What is a great way to make first year players on the offensive line, QB, RB, and TE look confused. Blitzing. We were average at running the ball and terrible at blitz pick up with a first year QB that wasn't capable of checking out of bad plays. When teams began to struggle against us, they brought the house all season and it worked more times than not. The progression of well called screens won us a couple huge games to prevent a losing season. We were picked to lose against TCU, A&M, Bama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Florida, and Va Tech. There were no projections from advanced stats that had us winning more than 6 games.

Great post. I'm behind Bielema, but this year was a head scratcher. I think had we won 8 or 9, Bielema would have two more years almost no matter what. We won 7 and will have a full offseason to digest our last two losses. I think this sped up he year of accountability for Bielema. I believe the money is ALWAYS there to fire a coach. I think that if he doesn't win 10 next year, the money will show up.

Razorbackers

Quote from: sickboy on December 30, 2016, 11:30:20 pm
The only thing that I didn't expect from this season was how good Austin Allen's first half of the season was and how bad we were in the second half of games. Other than that, I picked us to win seven games and we did it, for the most part, how I figured we would.

I said 8 wins cause I figured we'd lose to UF, beat Miz, and get a crappy team in the bowl game in Houston or something. Not a 9 win divisional champ.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on December 31, 2016, 05:03:54 pm
Great post. I'm behind Bielema, but this year was a head scratcher. I think had we won 8 or 9, Bielema would have two more years almost no matter what. We won 7 and will have a full offseason to digest our last two losses. I think this sped up he year of accountability for Bielema. I believe the money is ALWAYS there to fire a coach. I think that if he doesn't win 10 next year, the money will show up.

It's because you guys weren't paying attention or listening to people in the media telling you to taper your expectations. I don't know how many times I pointed out that we lost so much on one side of the ball, and it would be impossible to replace.

The defense has no excuse, but the offense overperformed my expectations this year. I think the team will be much improved next year. And if they aren't, then fire CBB. But this win loss total shouldn't be that surprising based off who we lost, and where we lost them.

The Great Hambino

Saban has his mediocre seasons to become elite while at meatchicken state. BB had his at Wisconsin. We should be dominating by now, if he is ever going to produce. 2 of 3 vs TCU, ATM, and scar? No he should he expected to win all three of those games, and at least 1 from Alabama, LSU, and Auburn. Anything less than 9 wins next year and the majority of the fan base will have his and Long's head.

Hollywood870

The Great Hambino

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 31, 2016, 05:18:12 pm
Here's something for your slow brain. It doesn't take 4 years to reach a 7-6 record while the SEC is in a down year and lose games to 3-8 Missouri teams. We have seen what can be accomplished here in 4 years with great coaching, even when the conference was at it's strongest. What we have here is not great coaching. What we have here is lazy, half assed coaching, while certain fans claim that 8-4 seasons are right around the corner and the rest of us are foolish to expect anything more. Why do I think Bret is lazy? Because he's around a college football program with an awesome weight room and he seems to pack on an extra 50 pounds per week going on two years now. That is not a trait of a "tireless" worker. He's winning his 6,7,8 games and collecting that nice paycheck. That's it.

When Petrino was here, I was excited for next season, even his first few years that weren't great. I felt like we could win every game. I dont feel that way with BB. He is just going through the motions. I'll just try to stop caring for as many years as it takes to he able to afford to fire him, but I still can't just quit quit, so I'll suffer I guess.

RebelliousHog

I don't think the overall record is the issue. What got people bent out of shape first was the 56-3 mauling by Aubie. This was a game many here thought would be a win.

Add to that the second half meltdowns against Mo and VT?

Sorry but it doesnt inspire confidence.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HenduHog on December 31, 2016, 06:01:12 pm
I don't think the overall record is the issue. What got people bent out of shape first was the 56-3 mauling by Aubie. This was a game many here thought would be a win.

Add to that the second half meltdowns against Mo and VT?

Sorry but it doesnt inspire confidence.
Anyone that understands the college game could see the Auburn game coming.  Not as a guaranteed to happen type thing, but as a possible outcome of 8th game in a row, on the road, Gus trying to save his job kind of thing.  I told everyone who would listen that we could win that game as long as we didn't go down by 21 in the first quarter.  Why?  Because I knew they would be up coming off a bye week and we would be susceptible to getting demoralized if they started fast and we didn't withstand the onslaught.

The two meltdowns?  I don't fricking know.  I'm just as frustrated as anyone about those.  I just know that there are more possibilities on the table than "Bert is fat and he sucks". 
All Gas, No Brakes!

southernhog62

It's not fair to compare coaches of different eras. I agree; Saben is a great coach, but look where he is. He has an endless supply of the best players available. Look at the Schools around us; all of them are some of the best teams in the nation. Recruiting in that type of environment is extremely difficult. On the other hand, coaching is key. Regardless of talent, a well coached team is hard to beat. We can be out played or muscled, but what bothers me is to be out coached. When we have the largest offensive line in football and cannot protect the quarterback; it's an embarrassment. Our defense; other than a couple of players, is sluggish and not aggressive enough. Defensive players should swarm the ball and be aggressive. There should be some nastiness to a defense. I want to see some fire in our team...win or lose. Just show some real fight each game. I don't expect a National Championship, just be competitive!

HamSammich

I'm on record as defending Bielema.... mainly because 1) we can't fire him and 2) who would we get....

The honeymoon has been over for a time for most rational fans. I look forward to next year actually. Me, mr negative Nancy thinks this could be the dan Mullen magical year sort of year. Ragnow stayed. It restored hope for me.

lakecityhog

1st, I'm literally SICK of hearing this old "8 straight games" BS excuse! In that stretch we had Texas State and Alcorn State, we could have rested our starters a ton during those games. SEVERAL SEC teams try hard to set their schedule with a cupcake around game 8 or 9 for that very reason!

2nd, BB did not have to play Skipper or Kirkland that first season. We won 3 games, 3 games and we would have won those 3 games with those guys sitting on the bench REDSHIRTING!!! Redshirting 2 guys for 1 season would have caused 3 years of losing??? The lengths that some of you guys go to is simply fantastic!

Bite the bullet that very first year, when we ALL knew it would probably be a lost cause anyway and try to figure out where we would be THIS year!!! It ain't rocket surgery.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 31, 2016, 05:09:30 pm
It's because you guys weren't paying attention or listening to people in the media telling you to taper your expectations. I don't know how many times I pointed out that we lost so much on one side of the ball, and it would be impossible to replace.

The defense has no excuse, but the offense overperformed my expectations this year. I think the team will be much improved next year. And if they aren't, then fire CBB. But this win loss total shouldn't be that surprising based off who we lost, and where we lost them.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of the situation. Your thought process is that because the experts said we were a 7 win team that Bielema met expectations.  He is trying to build a program. You can't do that stalling at 7 wins for 3 years. If the experts pick us to win 6 next year and Bielema does, do you think that's going to be acceptable for us to say he's building our program up?  I didn't get my hopes up. I predicted 9 based on what I saw and what Bielema kind of needed to do to keep building the program. I'm saying that he kind of gets a mulligan year for this year, but it adds pressure for next year. What the experts say really has very little to do with expectations from here on out. If we expect our program to "build", you can't stall out at 7 wins. Win 10 next year and I don't think anyone cares about this year.

Edit:  you're making it sound like I want him fired. I don't. He didn't meet program buildings expectations this year though. Puts more pressure on next year.

kp72204

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on December 30, 2016, 11:51:00 pm
Anyone who thought we'd be in the hunt by this year is smoking crack. This was a total rebuild. And, the rebuild is happening.

I've been a Hog fan since the first game I attended over 40 years ago. I hold a degree from my beloved UA and I donate and attend games because I believe in what's happening.

Do I think a few changes are needed? Hell yes.

Personally, I've always had 2017 circled as the year we should make a move. Will we? I sure hope so because I think we have the right guy at the helm. All the BS about firing CBB is, well, pathetic. If I'm proven wrong, I'll gladly step up and admit it.
I've only spent 23 years cheering for my Hogs. I just don't think he is the guy to take us to the next level. I see the kids he recruits say all these things and how at ease they are with him, then quit in the second halves of games. Do i think we can compete with anybody...........yes or at the very least be competitive. I'll glad admit when i'm wrong as well, but i think i'm wasting years of my life with this guy at this point now.

kp72204

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on December 31, 2016, 08:07:10 pm
I don't think that's a fair assessment of the situation. Your thought process is that because the experts said we were a 7 win team that Bielema met expectations.  He is trying to build a program. You can't do that stalling at 7 wins for 3 years. If the experts pick us to win 6 next year and Bielema does, do you think that's going to be acceptable for us to say he's building our program up?  I didn't get my hopes up. I predicted 9 based on what I saw and what Bielema kind of needed to do to keep building the program. I'm saying that he kind of gets a mulligan year for this year, but it adds pressure for next year. What the experts say really has very little to do with expectations from here on out. If we expect our program to "build", you can't stall out at 7 wins. Win 10 next year and I don't think anyone cares about this year.

Edit:  you're making it sound like I want him fired. I don't. He didn't meet program buildings expectations this year though. Puts more pressure on next year.
I feel that if you get double digit leads in games, that you would have the foresight to somehow make it tougher for teams to come back. The bowl (which I wasn't excited about initially), he said if there is one team in the country prepared to play 4 quarters its US!!!!!!

kp72204

Quote from: luke hawg on December 31, 2016, 02:42:50 pm
We'll be picked to lose against them every year except for when they get hit with sanctions, and even then it will be a toss-up. Do you think the the other schools think about the dumpster fire that is Arkansas?

jcharkansas

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 31, 2016, 04:59:47 pm
So the explanation is that he had to play his good recruits early and they are now gone.  Question...was he only allowed to sign what you consider quality recruits in year one and year two?  Why not keep replenishing every year?

By the way, talk or write as fast as you want.  I feel quite sure my brain can keep up.
Good question to those that say he had to play guys early, where is the next class and the one after that? Why doesn't he recruit a full class some years and cut some of the guys that never play to keep the roster numbers correct? Why can he not or does he not make a single half time adjustment? This team just gives up and has no fight and seems like they have no heart. But I'll just wait and circle 2020 as the year, like many of you, if he hasn't done it by 2020 then maybe we should start looking somewhere else. Arkansas fans are way to content with 6 or 7 wins especially considering the way some of those loses went down. But I know you get blasted on here if you criticize CBB, he's very mediocre and I don't see that changing unless he does.

luke hawg

This class combined with the previous 2 per 247 composite which combines the ratings of scout, rivals, ESPN, and 247 are the 3 highest ever. We also have had more players drafted in 3 consecutive years than at any point in Arkansas history with a 7 round NFL draft. If you include drafts with a lot more picks it ties the record from the early 70's. This record will be stretched to 4 consecutive years after the 2017 draft regardless of draft rounds. On the field, our SOS the last 3 years is in the top 10 resulting in a 22-17 record with a 2-1 bowl record with a coach that has produced 1 losing season in his 11 year career. But yes lets fire him because the wins and losses don't look right to you after our program set the new record for the largest dropoff in ratings history in 2012. I'm not going to even go into all the top rated teams that got hammered this year by comparable foes. I promise you the margin of victory and point swings in games has increased significantly in the last 10 years. Stastistically significant!

luke hawg

He has also tied his own record for the most players drafted in 3 consecutive years at Wisconsin during his first 3 at Arkansas.I just want to see what he does with what all recruitniks feel is our best 3 classes. It seems to me that the more talented teams win more games.

hog of steele

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 31, 2016, 09:04:51 pm
Why doesn't he recruit a full class some years and cut some of the guys that never play to keep the roster numbers correct?

Did you just ask why our coach doesn't do one of the sleaziest things in college football? You recruit players to play for 3-6 years. You don't recruit players knowing you will have to yank someone else's scholarship. I am certainly for (and our coach has) removing players who don't hold their end of the bargain up, but I am totally fine not over recruiting.

If this that is what it takes to win, I would rather be mediocre.

jcharkansas

Quote from: hog of steele on January 01, 2017, 09:35:31 am
Did you just ask why our coach doesn't do one of the sleaziest things in college football? You recruit players to play for 3-6 years. You don't recruit players knowing you will have to yank someone else's scholarship. I am certainly for (and our coach has) removing players who don't hold their end of the bargain up, but I am totally fine not over recruiting.

If this that is what it takes to win, I would rather be mediocre.
I don't know what it takes I'm just a disgruntled fan. All I know is he is getting paid to know and the excuses of can't judge till he's been here 7 years seems a bit extreme. Our last coach did have us winning in year 2, this was year 4 so it was his recruits. It really seems like a lack of leadership and that starts at the top.

Qui Gon Jinn

Don't usually agree with Clay Travis, but this is spot on.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/all-that-and-a-bag-of-mail-123016

Bielema will never be more than a 7-8 win coach in the SEC.  But who do you get?

Travis is wrong on AR not being a "good" job in the SEC.  The Money is here.  We just need to get it to the right person.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

The Great Hambino

Its OK. By the time we can afford the buyout, Lane Kiffin will be ready for a big time HC gig. It will be shown that Saban has train him well.

daprospecta

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on January 01, 2017, 07:05:31 pm
Don't usually agree with Clay Travis, but this is spot on.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/all-that-and-a-bag-of-mail-123016

Bielema will never be more than a 7-8 win coach in the SEC.  But who do you get?

Travis is wrong on AR not being a "good" job in the SEC.  The Money is here.  We just need to get it to the right person.
Arkansas is most certainly a good job. I wouldn't say great but most certainly good.  I just want a coach that can get his players to play hard and teach them fundamentals. I don't mind losing because we are outclassed because all we need is one really good recruiting class every three or four years and those recruits will come  in and play hard will learn solid fundamentals.  This coaching staff has too many faults that are showing in their players. That's why I think he should be fired. It's not his record, it's how he is losing games.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: daprospecta on January 01, 2017, 07:30:47 pm
Arkansas is most certainly a good job. I wouldn't say great but most certainly good.  I just want a coach that can get his players to play hard and teach them fundamentals. I don't mind losing because we are outclassed because all we need is one really good recruiting class every three or four years and those recruits will come  in and play hard will learn solid fundamentals.  This coaching staff has too many faults that are showing in their players. That's why I think he should be fired. It's not his record, it's how he is losing games.

Agreed.  I want a coach that coaches the same way Saban coaches.  He coaches all the way to the end of the game.  Doesn't matter if it's first string or 3rd string.  He is always coaching....period.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Hognspace

If Kansas State can field a fundamentally sound hard fighting football team so can we...

WashUhog6

I remember on NSD in February 2014 I made quite a few posts about how we still weren't signing any true impact players on defense and I got completely blasted for it.

These problems have been evident for years now, anyone that denies it just doesn't want to accept they were oblivious to them.

jcharkansas

Quote from: WashUhog6 on January 01, 2017, 08:21:45 pm
I remember on NSD in February 2014 I made quite a few posts about how we still weren't signing any true impact players on defense and I got completely blasted for it.

These problems have been evident for years now, anyone that denies it just doesn't want to accept they were oblivious to them.
I follow recruiting and basically everything razorback very closely, problem on here is if you have any sort of an opinion that suggests they aren't just killing it you get blasted, you have to pump sunshine most of the time until we start losing and others come to the site, some are just here to rub it in but some know that's the only time they can legitimately voice their concerns and opinions and have others not just completely discredit them as....you don't know football BS, go root for Petrino...etc...

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 31, 2016, 09:57:08 am
Please elaborate on the evidence you see that supports this claim.

With all due respect, do your own research.

moses_007

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 31, 2016, 07:52:23 am
We've never had a team take off 2nd halves like this one.
Done with bielema.
I think it has a lot to do with quarterback play.  If you remember, BA couldn't play well in the third or fourth quarter his first two years as our quarterback.  Obviously this issue has rubbed off on AA as well.  Three interceptions inside your own 30 yard line, and a fumble in that area by our star receiver is how Virginia Tech beat us.  We beat ourselves and spotted them 28 points in the second half. 

I seriously hope this is the last brothers quarterback experiment we ever see at Arkansas.  We all know how the Dick brothers experiment turned out.  And the Allen brothers experiment hasn't been much better. 

daprospecta

Quote from: moses_007 on January 01, 2017, 11:37:38 pm
I think it has a lot to do with quarterback play.  If you remember, BA couldn't play well in the third or fourth quarter his first two years as our quarterback.  Obviously this issue has rubbed off on AA as well.  Three interceptions inside your own 30 yard line, and a fumble in that area by our star receiver is how Virginia Tech beat us.  We beat ourselves and spotted them 28 points in the second half. 

I seriously hope this is the last brothers quarterback experiment we ever see at Arkansas.  We all know how the Dick brothers experiment turned out.  And the Allen brothers experiment hasn't been much better. 

You really think it's QB play? Yes AA makes a bad decision here and there but he's the best QB we've had since Tyler/Mallet era.

MJ2

The SEC West will make sure CBB's success is limited and with the improvement at LSU, we just slipped a little lower.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: MJ2 on January 02, 2017, 10:43:40 am
The SEC West will make sure CBB's success is limited and with the improvement at LSU, we just slipped a little lower.

Eh, one good LSU game doesn't mean much. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!