Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ya'll got him "flinching"

Started by snoot hoggy hog, December 30, 2016, 11:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

"We can take this next week to really take an inventory on everything: Offense, defense, special teams," Bielema said. "Personnel. The close of recruiting. Staff. What we're asking our guys to do and the offseason program, as well as build character for the season itself."

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-bret-bielema-belk-bowl

The Boar War

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on December 30, 2016, 11:22:18 pm
“We can take this next week to really take an inventory on everything: Offense, defense, special teams,” Bielema said. “Personnel. The close of recruiting. Staff. What we’re asking our guys to do and the offseason program, as well as build character for the season itself.”

True.  But then he's always said what I wanted to hear.  Now I need to actually see it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on December 30, 2016, 11:43:03 pm
True.  But then he's always said what I wanted to hear.  Now I need to actually see it.

Exactly...Seeing is believing. He has lost credibility with a lot of fans. He can talk until he's blue in the face. It's time for him to put up or shut up. Actually it was time for him to shut up on some things a long time ago.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Torqued pork

December 30, 2016, 11:59:43 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:27:29 am by Torqued pork
They certainly accomplished a lot after the learning experience at Mizzou. Next season can't get here fast enough. Bielema is so FOS.

havok

Yea.. He promised that the team was not going to have a 2nd Half Meltdown too.. I suppose now we have to wait to see it before believing it.

island hog

Michigan's defense had TEN seniors starting on it last night ... They had team leadership from those seniors. We have had very little player leadership on our team this year, in my opinion, which was a huge issue.  When those who you would expect to step up and take over the locker room, when things are going south, are shop lifting and spitting in other's faces ... This is what you get. We need team leadership from the players... The coaches can't force that.

lutherheggs

Quote from: Hognspace on December 31, 2016, 09:35:56 am
We have heard all his crap before.  Time to stfu and show the fans some results.  All this pos does is talk a good game.  He is like Nutt...but Nutt was at least an Arkansas boy and did love the Hogs.  Did anyone watch Michigan last night?  They lost... but if our losses looked like that I could get Behind the coach.  His teams don't play with that passion for the game refuse to lose. That is why I am done with Beliema.
Funny I am seeing more and more referencing similarities to Nutt. I guess that is natural when you talk a good game but generally get Nutt-like results. And fact is, Bielema is not even up to the level of Nutt. Nutt certainly did better than Bielema has done or is on track to do. Based on recruits coming in and players returning, I do not see how this team will be measurably better next year...and SEC was down this year. Watch Bama lose to Washington today.

PorkRinds

Quote from: lutherheggs on December 31, 2016, 09:53:46 am
Funny I am seeing more and more referencing similarities to Nutt. I guess that is natural when you talk a good game but generally get Nutt-like results. And fact is, Bielema is not even up to the level of Nutt. Nutt certainly did better than Bielema has done or is on track to do. Based on recruits coming in and players returning, I do not see how this team will be measurably better next year...and SEC was down this year. Watch Bama lose to Washington today.

Another that struggles with the fact vs opinion concept.

(notOM)Rebel123

"We can take this next week to really take an inventory on everything: Offense, defense, special teams," Bielema said. "Personnel. The close of recruiting. Staff. What we're asking our guys to do and the offseason program, as well as build character for the season itself."

So ya' think CBB was thinking, "dang, I bet they are melting down on Hogville. I better come up with something, and fast" ?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

lutherheggs

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 09:55:58 am
Another that struggles with the fact vs opinion concept.
Fact is, Bielema has a losing overall record in 4 full seasons. Fact is, he is 10-22 in SEC play in 4 seasons. You are what your record says you are. No excuses.

lefty08

Quote from: island hog on December 31, 2016, 09:45:54 am
Michigan's defense had TEN seniors starting on it last night ... They had team leadership from those seniors. We have had very little player leadership on our team this year, in my opinion, which was a huge issue.  When those who you would expect to step up and take over the locker room, when things are going south, are shop lifting and spitting in other's faces ... This is what you get. We need team leadership from the players... The coaches can't force that.

In hind sight, I think this was a huge deal for this team.  I expected our seniors to be better leaders than that fornsure
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

a0ashle

Quote from: lutherheggs on December 31, 2016, 10:00:39 am
Fact is, Bielema has a losing overall record in 4 full seasons. Fact is, he is 10-22 in SEC play in 4 seasons. You are what your record says you are. No excuses.

You still can't help it..."you are what your record says you are. No excuses" is an opinion, not fact.

a0ashle

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 10:03:16 am
In hind sight, I think this was a huge deal for this team.  I expected our seniors to be better leaders than that fornsure

The last two years the team handled adversity so much better. We needed a Tretola on the team this year. A vocal leader. We had the non-vocal leaders, but you need both. Morgan tried hard, but I don't think it carried enough weight.

uconnhog

rude1

"We will play a 4 quarter game, I can guarantee you that".......Enough said, if there is one thing he has excelled at since he swaggered through the door is talking.......

a0ashle

lefty08

Quote from: uconnhog on December 31, 2016, 10:10:08 am
Bielema may have lost this team

Teams like that don't get up 24-0 on quality teams
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

zebradynasty

To not blow large leads or play poorly in second halves, you have to have leadership on the field. There has to be a handful of players that hate losing so much that their pride won't let them accept blowing a 24pt lead. This team's mental state has been shaky all year. Those of us on the outside are just guessing why. CBB and the team...they know why or who, what is causing them not to be mentally tough. It's one of those things that need to stay in the locker room, which is fine as long as they (players, coaches, staff) address it and fix it!

Al Boarland

Those seniors were CBB's guys. He recruited them. He developed them on and off the field.

hogcard1964

Quote from: a0ashle on December 31, 2016, 10:05:10 am
You still can't help it..."you are what your record says you are. No excuses" is an opinion, not fact.

No, unfortunately statistics are factual.  Statistically he's a horrible coach.  You could have said that his numbers may have been an anomaly based on a few games, but he's been here a long time now.  He's statistically one of the worst coaches we've ever had.  And the style he loses in is also a concern.  His teams flat out quit.

longpig

Quote from: Hognspace on December 31, 2016, 09:35:56 am
We have heard all his crap before.  Time to stfu and show the fans some results.  All this pos does is talk a good game.  He is like Nutt...but Nutt was at least an Arkansas boy and did love the Hogs.  Did anyone watch Michigan last night?  They lost... but if our losses looked like that I could get Behind the coach.  His teams don't play with that passion for the game refuse to lose. That is why I am done with Beliema.

Only thing I didn't like about that Michigan loss was it being a Jimbo Fisher win.
Don't be scared, be smart.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 31, 2016, 10:25:45 am
Those seniors were CBB's guys. He recruited them. He developed them on and off the field.

Doesn't matter who recruited them didn't Nutt finish 9-4 with Ford's players. You are right the coach is supposed to foster an environment for leaders to step forward. Somehow that didn't get done this season...WHY?

longpig

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 10:03:16 am

I hope you're right.  Another rebuild after 2 more seasons of .500 is unthinkable. 

elksnort

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 10:16:29 am
Teams like that don't get up 24-0 on quality teams
This is why the final results are so puzzling.

Iwastherein1969

There's a time to fight for your team as a coach by arguing with the refs (like taking a tech in basketball to fire the players up) and then there's a time when you just STFU. We had one of those "should have STFU" moments in the second quarter in the Belk Bowl. When Bielema spent a full 10 minutes arguing the holding penalty when we punted. Yes, we won the battle right there, but lost the war. For it was at that moment that the game turned on a dime. The Hokie defense took it personally and their fans got fired up and yes, they didn't score off of the Bielema filibuster as they missed a FG before half. But their defense came out with fire in their eyes in the second half and we started giving up points in droves. Every now and then, maybe just maybe when you are 24 up and all is going well, there comes a time to leave well enough alone. IMO, the whole game changed on the play in which Bielema spent a good 10 minutes on the field arguing with the referees.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

longpig

That and the Morgan goal line fumble.  Which could have been 7 points and snuffed out their momentum.

farmhawg

He can recruit it though and hasn't.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PorkRinds

We now have people faulting the coach for winning an argument with the refs and getting possession back. And citing that as why we lost the game. It's like the twilight zone up in here.

Hogsmo Kramer

When I hear him talk now all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah ".

Don't tell me, show me.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 31, 2016, 10:25:45 am

I'm sorry but you can't teach leadership.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

lefty08

Quote from: farmhawg on December 31, 2016, 11:14:39 am
He can recruit it though and hasn't.

Most ever player playing P5 football was a "leader" in high school. Every team dynamic is different, sometimes even with the same returning core. It's not predictable

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:17:19 am
When I hear him talk now all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah ".

Don't tell me, show me.

He's in a press conference........

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:17:19 am

Don't tell me, show me.

At which part of the press conference should he "show you" instead of talking as the head coach of football team?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 11:16:19 am
We now have people faulting the coach for winning an argument with the refs and getting possession back. And citing that as why we lost the game. It's like the twilight zone up in here.

It's downright mindboggling.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 11:19:03 am
He's in a press conference........

And your point is?

I've seen Belicheck and other coaches not say crap in a press conference after terrible team performances.

Regardless it's a figure of speech nitwit, but I'm tired of him polishing a turd.

It's a turd, he knows it and we know it, time to fix it or flush it.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 31, 2016, 11:19:16 am
At which part of the press conference should he "show you" instead of talking as the head coach of football team?

You guys are dense.

Figure of speech.

You know like "he's dumb as a box of hammers", which I'm sure you've heard a lot.

But I doubt anyone is actually comparing your I.Q. to an inanimate object, at least not right away anyway.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:23:38 am
And your point is?

I've seen Belicheck and other coaches not say crap in a press conference after terrible team performances.

Regardless it's a figure of speech nitwit, but I'm tired of him polishing a turd.

It's a turd, he knows it and we know it, time to fix it or flush it.

You really need a dose of HV reality. Can you even imagine the uproat on HV if he went to a press confrench and deferred every question?

Holy crap...the outcry would be unbelievable and the CBB haters would fine every way to mock and ridicule with every question deferred.

I get being upset and blaming, but the "stfu" crew is getting pretty annoying when the man is in a press conference.

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 11:16:19 am
So it's normal!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Redhogs

It took 4 freaking years to do this?  Incompetent  windbag.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

lefty08

Quote from: Redhogs on December 31, 2016, 11:29:09 am
No, he does that every year, every coach in the country does......

farmhawg

Quote from: Redhogs on December 31, 2016, 11:29:09 am
Its a ten year rebuild, so we are not even halfway there yet.
From theflyinghog

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:28:20 am
You guys are dense.

Figure of speech.

You know like "he's dumb as a box of hammers", which I'm sure you've heard a lot.

But I doubt anyone is actually comparing your I.Q. to an inanimate object, at least not right away anyway.

Figures of speech usual have some correlation to the topic of a matter. Telling someone to stfu during a press conference is not a well applied reference.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 31, 2016, 11:28:41 am
You really need a dose of HV reality. Can you even imagine the uproat on HV if he went to a press confrench and deferred every question?

Holy crap...the outcry would be unbelievable and the CBB haters would fine every way to mock and ridicule with every question deferred.

I get being upset and blaming, but the "stfu" crew is getting pretty annoying when the man is in a press conference.

Again it's a figure of speech, Good Lord!

He can say whatever he wants but he needs to actually back it up because not many people are buying his schtick anymore.

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:32:52 am
Again it's a figure of speech, Good Lord!

He can say whatever he wants but he needs to actually back it up because not many people are buying his schtick anymore.

What is his schtick?

Calling All Hogs

Comforting to know he still doesn't have a clue what happened even after the Missouri game. I guess if problems don't magically go away you have to do ya one of them inventories to make such you got all your parts including that character thingamajig. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:28:20 am
You guys are dense.

Figure of speech.

My box of dumb hammers can beat up your box of honor hammers.   >:(

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 31, 2016, 11:31:29 am
Figures of speech usual have some correlation to the topic of a matter. Telling someone to stfu during a press conference is not a well applied reference.

Never said to STFU but if I were him I'd be pretty cautious about saying or promising things he can't deliver.

That's part of what's gotten him here in the first place. Ever heard of "under promise, over deliver"?

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:35:54 am
Never said to STFU but if I were him I'd be pretty cautious about saying or promising things he can't deliver.

That's part of what's gotten him here in the first place. Ever heard of "under promise, over deliver"?

Yeah its horrible when a new hire in major college football proclaims he's here to win the conference. He should have said he was here to make a bowl game every year, I'm sure the mental midgets would have loved that

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:35:54 am

Or speak softly and carry a big hammer...

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 11:33:33 am
What is his schtick?

Alright grammar nazi I fat fingered it.

Shtick.

Better?