Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nobody is taking my calls.

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, December 30, 2016, 02:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3kgthog

He did get Pitt sued by fans over shady ticket pricing policies.

Hawg Life

Quote from: HenduHog on December 30, 2016, 02:50:17 pm
If JL were a really great AD he would call BB into his office today and tell him, theres going to changes. You need something done on defense and you need to be more active in dealing with your players.

Thats what Alverez, Broyles or any AD who was a coach would do. Therein lies the problem. JL isnt a coach. He is a business guy. All he sees is based on money. Income and outgo.

How do you know he hasn't?

hogginbama

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 30, 2016, 06:38:20 pm
And I respect you so thats why I am asking.  I'm not trying to be a SA at all...  I guess I will have to dive into it some because I always thought differently.  But regardless what is done is done.  Long has made Arkansas athletics very profitable, VERY!  Bielema is here for two more seasons good or bad unless we can get rid of another coach with that just cause saying.  If you are completely done with Bielema, the next coach will come in with one of the best base of players we've had with a coaching change, so there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you. 

Personally, I like Bielema, but the last two games demand answers and publicly as well.  That could be in the form of firing or turnover, or a presser accepting some things done wrong. 

In the post-game presser Bielema did say they were going to spend the next week evaluating the entire season and determine where changes needed to be made. I have said this elsewhere, with any project, which rebuilding the FB team was when BB was hired, you lay out the ground work and determine a path of march. When a particular path meets resistance (this year's performance) you re-evaluate and determine the next line of march. While this team had many upperclassmen returning, the younger players were the better players. They are growing and learning to win at the college level. This team, with some bright spots, desperately missed strong senior leadership. Add the players that left early last year to this team, and those seniors would have provided the the leadership on the field that would have calmed the waters in the melt-down of the players in the last two games. I know, every team must plan for early departures, but when you are in the middle of trying to build depth at the same time you are trying to field players with the ability to compete with the big boys of the SEC, those early departures hurt terribly bad. Losing Collins, Henry, Kirkland and Philon hurts Arkansas much worse than LSU losing 4 juniors to the draft.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hog of steele

In his roughly 10 years, Jeff has presided over:

2 ten+ win seasons
our first sugar bowl appearance
our first win over Florida
hiring a current NFL head coach away from their team
hiring a very successful coach away from a major college program
appropriately dealt with a huge public scandal
the overall football record in his tenure is 57-45
We are currently expanding our stadium
Revenue is up

I am fine with jeff.