Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nobody is taking my calls.

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, December 30, 2016, 02:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

All my buddies are MIA today.  Jeff Long is an idiot and set Pitt back years.  Came to Arkansas and he is the second coming. What he did to Pitt he is doing here all for the glorification of his massive ego (seinfeld)

But it is true.
Let's make some waves.

harrisburghog

yraciv

Is someone looking to get banned again? That would suck considering the many who appreciate your gambling insight?

Jeff Long's position as Athletic Director is to run an athletic department.  That includes ever sport, not just football, like some tend to think.  Last I checked, we're finishing in the Top 25 of the Capital One Cup, we're graduating more athletes, fundraising and facilities are top notch and getting better.  So our football program is mediocre, that is not acceptable, but it's a very small reflection of the AD.

RebelliousHog

If JL were a really great AD he would call BB into his office today and tell him, theres going to changes. You need something done on defense and you need to be more active in dealing with your players.

Thats what Alverez, Broyles or any AD who was a coach would do. Therein lies the problem. JL isnt a coach. He is a business guy. All he sees is based on money. Income and outgo.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

60Hog

Quote from: yraciv on December 30, 2016, 02:43:19 pm
Is someone looking to get banned again? That would suck considering the many who appreciate your gambling insight?

Jeff Long's position as Athletic Director is to run an athletic department.  That includes ever sport, not just football, like some tend to think.  Last I checked, we're finishing in the Top 25 of the Capital One Cup, we're graduating more athletes, fundraising and facilities are top notch and getting better.  So our football program is mediocre, that is not acceptable, but it's a very small reflection of the AD.

[/quote

Basketball team seems to be mediocre also.  Great baseball team last year too.

Calling All Hogs

I remember looking at the Pitt message boards back when Long left. Nobody complained that he was leaving. Some wondered why anyone would want to hire him. The best way to sum up Jeff Long is he is a good Athletic Director if you don't mind losing.

onebadrubi

Jeff, care to tell us what happened at Pitt?

Razorbackers

lolol this board is bananas.

b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 30, 2016, 03:01:01 pm
I remember looking at the Pitt message boards back when Long left. Nobody complained that he was leaving. Some wondered why anyone would want to hire him. The best way to sum up Jeff Long is he is a good Athletic Director if you don't mind losing.

Long will get you a lot of money in fundraising. I guess that's 80 percent of the job description. What sucks for AR is the 20 percent, wins and loses.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

yraciv

[/quote

[/quote]

Basketball RPI is sitting at 42nd out of 351 D1 basketball programs right now. That is not mediocre.

Razorbax

They haven't started conference road trips....History is on my side.
Quote from: yraciv on December 30, 2016, 03:21:48 pm
[/quote

Basketball RPI is sitting at 42nd out of 351 D1 basketball programs right now. That is not mediocre.

onebadrubi

Quote from: yraciv on December 30, 2016, 03:21:48 pm
[/quote

I think it's to early to tell, either side of the argument. 

Wayne Watson

I called you back and let you cry....

8)
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

depressed_fan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 02:09:40 pm
All my buddies are MIA today.  Jeff Long is an idiot and set Pitt back years.  Came to Arkansas and he is the second coming. What he did to Pitt he is doing here all for the glorification of his massive ego (seinfeld)

But it is true.

None of your buddies want to talk to you b/c you say dumb shi+ like "Jeff Long is an idiot jeff long set back pitt years" How did Jeff Long do that? How is he an idiot? He was the damn chairman of the play off board for 2 years for gawds sakes.

Thats why your friends don't want to talk to you b/c your [CENSORED] stupid.

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 30, 2016, 03:12:22 pm

Well I do know the new coach at TCU.  Jamie  Dixon is a fine coach and nice guy. Here at TCU now but. Jeff Long destroyed Pitt. Just go back and look.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: depressed_fan on December 30, 2016, 04:32:12 pm
None of your buddies want to talk to you b/c you say dumb shi+ like "Jeff Long is an idiot jeff long set back pitt years" How did Jeff Long do that? How is he an idiot? He was the damn chairman of the play off board for 2 years for gawds sakes.

LOL yeah. Wonder why he was chairman?  Oh and Condoleezza effing rice was in his first panel.  Look it up you idiot
Let's make some waves.

ricepig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 05:52:08 pm

LOL yeah. Wonder why he was chairman?  Oh and Condoleezza effing rice was in his first panel.  Look it up you idiot

He didn't set the panel, lol.

Quote from: depressed_fan on December 30, 2016, 04:32:12 pm

Lmao. Yep. You are the man. 
Let's make some waves.

Hollywood870

Long On Integrity T-Shirts. Now half priced at Whole Foods.

Let's make some waves.

ricepig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 05:54:09 pm

Lmao nope but who had to approve it?

The CFP, while you're laughing. Long didn't set it up or start it, you do know that?

Hawgar The Horrible

Yesterday was a bad day. Today is glorious.

Idiots on this board are fleshing themselves out from rational fans with legitimate gripes.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Athog

Quote from: HenduHog on December 30, 2016, 02:50:17 pm
If JL were a really great AD he would call BB into his office today and tell him, theres going to changes. You need something done on defense and you need to be more active in dealing with your players.

Thats what Alverez, Broyles or any AD who was a coach would do. Therein lies the problem. JL isnt a coach. He is a business guy. All he sees is based on money. Income and outgo.

Did he call you and tell you what he was doing? How do YOU know what Alvarez or Coach Broyles would do? You do realize that the AD is over more than just football. Wow .. you see the clear indication that some people have never managed people.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 05:50:23 pm
Well I do know the new coach at TCU.  Jamie  Dixon is a fine coach and nice guy. Here at TCU now but. Jeff Long destroyed Pitt. Just go back and look.

So Jamie Dixon, a coach Long had under him at Pitt who is a good coach is the reason Long destroyed Pitt while being an AD?  What am I missing here?

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 05:59:16 pm
The CFP, while you're laughing. Long didn't set it up or start it, you do know that?

Really?  Pretty sure I know. He destroyed Pitt. Period
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 30, 2016, 06:17:31 pm
So Jamie Dixon, a coach Long had under him at Pitt who is a good coach is the reason Long destroyed Pitt while being an AD?  What am I missing here?

Ya know I respect you, but look it up.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 06:17:54 pm
Are you really this stupid? Find me a link where Long set it up, or shut up.

Oh oh oh wait. Bert wasn't on the short list until his letter..  geez
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 06:17:54 pm
Are you really this stupid? Find me a link where Long set it up, or shut up.

Hmm Charles smith, Jerome lane. Ben Howland. Shut up if you don't know.
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

ricepig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 06:22:43 pm
Hmm Charles smith, Jerome lane. Ben Howland. Shut up if you don't know.

Are you drunk? Those guys set up the CFP?

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 30, 2016, 06:17:31 pm

Don't think long wanted xixson.
Let's make some waves.

ricepig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 06:20:47 pm

Oh oh oh wait. Bert wasn't on the short list until his letter..  geez

So Jeff Long set up the CFP and the committee members, wow, I didn't know that. Does he have the info on the Russian hackers, which building they came out of?

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 06:25:29 pm
Are you drunk? Those guys set up the CFP?

Well drunk or not those are basketball names
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Athog on December 30, 2016, 06:15:11 pm
Did he call you and tell you what he was doing? How do YOU know what Alvarez or Coach Broyles would do? You do realize that the AD is over more than just football. Wow .. you see the clear indication that some people have never managed people.

Because it has been done before. Usually before someone ended up canned anyway. Those were just names of ADs who were former head coaches. Being a condescending ass is unbecoming.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Martygit

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 02:09:40 pm

But it is true.

I saw that you called - but you didn't leave a voicemail so I figured you were one of those solicitors from India and didn't call back - if you'd post your number, I'll call you back so that you won't be so butthurt
RIP OTR, REV

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 06:17:50 pm
Really?  Pretty sure I know. He destroyed Pitt. Period

How did he destroy Pitt? Examples and facts only please.

Hawgar The Horrible

Hey, Jeff...STFU. In the grand scheme of things, you are as worrisome as a pimple on the backsides of Long and CBB.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 30, 2016, 06:19:27 pm
Ya know I respect you, but look it up.

And I respect you so thats why I am asking.  I'm not trying to be a SA at all...  I guess I will have to dive into it some because I always thought differently.  But regardless what is done is done.  Long has made Arkansas athletics very profitable, VERY!  Bielema is here for two more seasons good or bad unless we can get rid of another coach with that just cause saying.  If you are completely done with Bielema, the next coach will come in with one of the best base of players we've had with a coaching change, so there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you. 

Personally, I like Bielema, but the last two games demand answers and publicly as well.  That could be in the form of firing or turnover, or a presser accepting some things done wrong. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HenduHog on December 30, 2016, 02:50:17 pm

Hmmm when Frank did this he was accused of meddling. And he had coaching experience while Long is an administrator.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Quote from: MartinGit on December 30, 2016, 06:32:05 pm
I saw that you called - but you didn't leave a voicemail so I figured you were one of those solicitors from India and didn't call back - if you'd post your number, I'll call you back so that you won't be so butthurt

My number is pretty much common knowledge. Don't know about you fanny pack.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 30, 2016, 06:38:20 pm
And I respect you so thats why I am asking.  I'm not trying to be a SA at all...  I guess I will have to dive into it some because I always thought differently.  But regardless what is done is done.  Long has made Arkansas athletics very profitable, VERY!  Bielema is here for two more seasons good or bad unless we can get rid of another coach with that just cause saying.  If you are completely done with Bielema, the next coach will come in with one of the best base of players we've had with a coaching change, so there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you. 

Personally, I like Bielema, but the last two games demand answers and publicly as well.  That could be in the form of firing or turnover, or a presser accepting some things done wrong. 

Will never dispute profitable. Great.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 30, 2016, 06:37:00 pm
Hey, Jeff...STFU. In the grand scheme of things, you are as worrisome as a pimple on the backsides of Long and CBB.

Wow. Thanks buddy
That was sharp.  Lmao
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 30, 2016, 06:37:00 pm

Wow. Thanks buddy
That was sharp.  Lmao
Quote from: onebadrubi on December 30, 2016, 03:12:22 pm

Actually I have nothing to say.  I am wrong and make no sense. My fsult.
Let's make some waves.

PonderinHog

I do vaguely remember some negative stuff about Long's tenure at Pitt, but that was a Long time ago.

a0ashle

Just thought of a new hogville feature, breathalyzer before posting, sheesh.

DeltaBoy

I told this board Jeff Long would ruin us and  he has done us in.
Send the Carpet Bagger packing.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

a0ashle

Carpet bagger? Some of you are stuck in the 19th century.

str8volfan

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2016, 07:04:52 pm
I do vaguely remember some negative stuff about Long's tenure at Pitt, but that was a Long time ago.
what you did there, I see it.

yraciv

Long killed Pittsburgh???  I'm going to leave his accomplishment in building a competitive athletic department across the board and stick to what is apparently your sole argument for if an AD is good. The win/loss record of his football and basketball program. Long was there from 04-07 and had to replace a pretty good basketball coach in Ben Howland. Howland led them to two Sweet 16s in his last 2 years after the program had been out of the postseason for 10.  He hired another good coach in Jamie Dixon who went to two sweet 16s, 4 Ncaas, and multiple more bids , success after Long left.  In football, a mediocre coach Walt Harris wanted an extension and the board didn't want to pay him, so he jumped for Stanford where he struggled.  Jeff hired Dave Wannstedt, a splashy NFL hire who could recruit, but was mediocre as a college coach.  They only overlapped for 3 seasons. Maybe it wasn't the best hire he could make, but Wannstedt eventually had some succes