Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we talk about real stuff for a minute?

Started by Deep Shoat, December 30, 2016, 12:46:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

If all you have to add is the standard "Fire Somebody" idiocy, then please post in one of the myriad threads dedicated to that.

It has been more and more obvious, as the season progressed, that we struggle in the 2nd half.  So, the real talk question is "Why?".

Is it lack of depth and fatigue?  Poor halftime adjustment?  Inexperience at key positions?  Weak minded players?

And please don't start the stupid "distracted coaching" crap prj peddles.  Our first half proves that isn't the issue.  There is no doubt Arkansas was a superbly prepared team in the first half yesterday.  And against Mizzou.  So where is the critical failure happening?
All Gas, No Brakes!

cj_sez

If Bielema's game plan works, then all is fine and dandy. He has not shown a capacity for making half-time adjustments. He has not shown an ability to adjust to the adjustments opposing coaches can and do make.
This is on the coaches and it seems to becoming a worsening trend. The previous couple of years, we lost the games that were close at half-time and other coaches made good adjustments in the second half. This season we lost the ones with the big leads. Other coaches should see this weakness in Bielema and will continue to exploit it.

Razorbackers

idk I feel like last year, and even towards the end of 2014, we've seen CBB and his staff make some good adjustments. Florida is a great example this year.

It seems that offensively, we get a lead and get conservative.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 30, 2016, 12:46:28 pm
If all you have to add is the standard "Fire Somebody" idiocy, then please post in one of the myriad threads dedicated to that.

It has been more and more obvious, as the season progressed, that we struggle in the 2nd half.  So, the real talk question is "Why?".

Is it lack of depth and fatigue?  Poor halftime adjustment?  Inexperience at key positions?  Weak minded players?

And please don't start the stupid "distracted coaching" crap prj peddles.  Our first half proves that isn't the issue.  There is no doubt Arkansas was a superbly prepared team in the first half yesterday.  And against Mizzou.  So where is the critical failure happening?

You know it can be bad coaching. That is a thing and can effect every area you sited.  Bielema's bread and butter has been winning the trenches.  If there is not enough talent there then whose fault is it?  Even if it's only 3* guys his MO has been developing talent.  It's the position coaches jobs to do that.  DL was thought to be the deepest most talented area of the D.  Either the position coach is failing to develop that talent or the defensive schemes are failing to utilize that talent properly.  If the players are weak minded that goes directly back to the coach.  In year 1 you could say OK he is still developing the culture and bringing in his type of players, in year 4 no excuse the team mentally and physically is a reflection of you the coach.

Grant Hall made an interesting observation this morning. He mentioned Bielema going to media briefings in flip flops and pullovers.  Made the comment about if you want players to act professionally you need to set the tone and be professional as well.  Bielema probably loves having a job where he can make 4 mil and wear flip flops whenever he damn well pleases but he is the leader of the team and setting the example for the players.  You can be too lax and can be too much of a players coach.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

Our running game was non-existent in both games and basically abandoned.  We got no pressure on their QB's in the second halves of both games.  And then the turnovers...

Recipe for disaster.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 30, 2016, 12:59:57 pm
You know it can be bad coaching. That is a thing and can effect every area you sited.  Bielema's bread and butter has been winning the trenches.  If there is not enough talent there then whose fault is it?  Even if it's only 3* guys his MO has been developing talent.  It's the position coaches jobs to do that.  DL was thought to be the deepest most talented area of the D.  Either the position coach is failing to develop that talent or the defensive schemes are failing to utilize that talent properly.  If the players are weak minded that goes directly back to the coach.  In year 1 you could say OK he is still developing the culture and bringing in his type of players, in year 4 no excuse the team mentally and physically is a reflection of you the coach.

Grant Hall made an interesting observation this morning. He mentioned Bielema going to media briefings in flip flops and pullovers.  Made the comment about if you want players to act professionally you need to set the tone and be professional as well.  Bielema probably loves having a job where he can make 4 mil and wear flip flops whenever he damn well pleases but he is the leader of the team and setting the example for the players.  You can be too lax and can be too much of a players coach.

If you watched his Monday PC'S all season, he had a coat and slacks on all year. I really think some are trying to pin anything they can on him. Maybe he can coach, maybe not, but what his attire is, has very little if any to do with it.

tusksincolorado

I feel  it is a combination of both coaches and players not knowing how to finish...plain and simple.

We do not have the leadership on the sidelines nor the on field leadership that is needed to complete the win.

Leadership from the sidelines need to put the fear in players when the momentum changes...not a shake of the head.

A offensive tackle is not the leadership of the Offensive team...maybe the OLine but not the team...that is on the QB's shoulders.

Same for the Defensive side of the ball...on the field leadership needs to come from the MLB position.

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Silver Hog

lakecityhog

Do you not realize that every item you mentioned falls under the phrase coaching?

We don't prepare our back-ups well enough to create any real workable depth. So we do have inexperienced players and they do get tired. We don't seem to anticipate the adjustments that our opponents will make at halftime and therefore come out unprepared for the 2nd half.

You do realize that we have been out scored 87-20 in the 2nd half of our last three games, right?
Personally, I think it is idiotic to not consider firing someone or maybe several someones give the current state of affairs.

Knot2brite

Real stuff....we don't have the players...Arkansas has to do something they have never been willing to do..they have to recruit nationally. 9 times out of 10 we aren't going to get the higher level players in our region unless they are home grown or legacy players. Go to the small states ( Maine, South Dakota, New Mexico) and recruit the absolute best player in that state and bring them to Arkansas. Get kids that are under the radar that are good players that no one knows about or they are on someone's back up board. We have to improve the quality of players but we aren't going to go into Miami and get many 4-5 star athletes to come to Arkansas. We are going to have to take some chances on some kids that fall into the cracks
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hardcore Hoggy

I think our big offensive lineman get tired after one half and can't sustain their playing in the 2nd , resulting in Allen not having the time to make good decisions which results in more time on the field for the defense, which just makes them more tired and playing worse as well.

I'm just sick of "biggest offensive line in football"

lakecityhog

All I ever see is his upper body behind the podium and I would venture to say that unless you are in the press room that is about all anyone sees. But, I have seen him in wind breakers a LOT.

jabberjawls

We have always struggled in the 2nd half. From day one.  This isn't something new.

ArkansasI

I believe it is a combination of: lack of depth/physical fatigue; a Chicken Little attitude/mental fatigue; and crazy bad breaks.

The Hogs need to do something about the 2 things they can control.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 12:56:09 pm
idk I feel like last year, and even towards the end of 2014, we've seen CBB and his staff make some good adjustments. Florida is a great example this year.

It seems that offensively, we get a lead and get conservative.

Opponent knows we will either run on first down, or throw the quick out. They gamble we won't try to hit the intermediate to deep pass against press coverage. Most likely we end up in second and long.

Clearly, our offense gets more predictable in the second half. They force us into third and long, and we punt or turn it over. The missing element this season was the ability to run the ball in obvious running situations.
[CENSORED]!

Ironhawg

I don't give a hoot what the coach wears to a press conference.  What I do care about is that we seem to have major problems with our lines on both sides of the ball.  The defensive side was supposed to have been a strength this year and has routinely failed to get pressure and stop the run.  The offensive line has been a cobbled-together mess all season.  The road map to beating this team is easy.  Withstand their first half onslaught.  In the second half on offense, run the ball all over them, frustrate the pass rush then throw the ball over the top of the exhausted defensive backs.  On defense, bring the blitz on every down because Arkansas just doesn't seem to know how to address the constant pressure.  If I remember right, Bielema said before the season that AA is more of a gambler than BA ever was.  He will throw the ball in situations where BA would launch it into the 20th row.  If he is going to lead the Arkansas offense, he has got to grow past the gambled mindset.
Getting things fixed begin with both lines.  Better scheme and/or ccoaching on defense and better recruiting, coaching and scheme on offense.  Have to figure out how to exploit the holes in the defense created by them bringing the blitz so opposing defenses quit blitzing.

ArkansasI

Quote from: Silver Hog on December 30, 2016, 01:08:02 pm
Too much of the "Being Bert" TV show.
I really don't understand why some of us object to this. Becoming a "celebrity" can only improve Bret's popularity on the recruiting trail.

This is comprehensive program development. We barrage him with insults because the desired results have not occurred.

We're better fans than this.

ricepig

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 30, 2016, 01:10:31 pm
I think our big offensive lineman get tired after one half and can't sustain their playing in the 2nd , resulting in Allen not having the time to make good decisions which results in more time on the field for the defense, which just makes them more tired and playing worse as well.

I'm just sick of "biggest offensive line in football"

Hmm, we had a RG that weighed about 300lbs and HV complained that he was being thrown around like a rag doll. We replaced him with a 340lb guy and HV said, see how he pancakes his guy! Now, we need another guy in there.......HV.

Smalltownhog95

V Tech was using deflated footballs the second half... Come on I'm trying to lighten the mood ;D
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

ricepig

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 30, 2016, 01:28:31 pm
I don't give a hoot what the coach wears to a press conference.  What I do care about is that we seem to have major problems with our lines on both sides of the ball.  The defensive side was supposed to have been a strength this year and has routinely failed to get pressure and stop the run.  The offensive line has been a cobbled-together mess all season.  The road map to beating this team is easy.  Withstand their first half onslaught.  In the second half on offense, run the ball all over them, frustrate the pass rush then throw the ball over the top of the exhausted defensive backs.  On defense, bring the blitz on every down because Arkansas just doesn't seem to know how to address the constant pressure.  If I remember right, Bielema said before the season that AA is more of a gambler than BA ever was.  He will throw the ball in situations where BA would launch it into the 20th row.  If he is going to lead the Arkansas offense, he has got to grow past the gambled mindset.
Getting things fixed begin with both lines.  Better scheme and/or ccoaching on defense and better recruiting, coaching and scheme on offense.  Have to figure out how to exploit the holes in the defense. Reader by bringing the blitz so opposing defenses quit blitzing.

Correct, BA would have had two less INTs, but at least one less TD in this game.

Silver Hog

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 30, 2016, 01:29:12 pm
I really don't understand why some of us object to this. Becoming a "celebrity" can only improve Bret's popularity on the recruiting trail.

This is comprehensive program development. We barrage him with insults because the desired results have not occurred.

coaching is a full time job, being a TV -star- takes away from his coaching time.  Hence his crappy coaching.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I still think it is because of our lack of a consistent running game. Our passing game is better than most think so it works well in the first half when the opponents still think they have to worry about our running game. At halftime they realize that our running game is not a threat and they can focus on shutting down the passing game. The result is that we cannot run nor pass in the second half. An added bonus (for the opponent) is that with the O going 3-and-out repeatedly in the second half our D is on the field much more than they should and the lack of skill, experience, and depth becomes more obvious.

How can we get back to running the ball consistently is IMO one of the main questions. The rest can be fixed.

Jack The BN

The pass was Arkansas' go to in the first half. They got almost nothing off the run. So VT keyed in and picked off Allen, got in his head. They shut down the pass. Ironically, Enos freaks out when he gets behind the chains, and sells out to the pass. Then the defense gave up.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

ATLHog

I just don't see the adjustments being made & they sure don't seem to be able to react when teams adjust to them. Not sure where the majority of blame falls but, ultimately, the coaches are responsible for preparation and clearly they are not fully prepared to play 4 quarters.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 30, 2016, 01:28:09 pm
Opponent knows we will either run on first down, or throw the quick out. They gamble we won't try to hit the intermediate to deep pass against press coverage. Most likely we end up in second and long.

Clearly, our offense gets more predictable in the second half. They force us into third and long, and we punt or turn it over. The missing element this season was the ability to run the ball in obvious running situations.
We didn't run the ball well in the first half either but we still dominated. The biggest problem to me was the penalties and turnovers. 4 penalties and 0 turnovers in the first half. We're up 24-0. 8 penalties and 4 turnovers in the second half, and really 5 because I consider Morgan's fumble at the 1 yard line a turnover because it help prevent us at least 3 points maybe 7.

I'm sorry but coaching didn't have much to do with us losing this game. This ones 99.9% on the players. The only things the coaches maybe could have done better was calm the players down and motivate them. And maybe Enos could have called more draw plays or screens to counteract some of the pressure they started bringing in the second half. Other than that like I said earlier this loss was on the players.

BTW: Someone needs to plant if in AA's head that if nothing's there pull it down and run it or get out of the pocket and throw it away. Stop trying to force a play when none is there. Sometimes it's ok to punt. Virginia Tech didn't score on a long drive all night if I'm not mistaken. Every time they scored it was on a short field or on a short field off of a turnover.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ArkansasI

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 30, 2016, 01:41:02 pm
I still think it is because of our lack of a consistent running game. Our passing game is better than most think so it works well in the first half when the opponents still think they have to worry about our running game. At halftime they realize that our running game is not a threat and they can focus on shutting down the passing game. The result is that we cannot run nor pass in the second half. An added bonus (for the opponent) is that with the O going 3-and-out repeatedly in the second half our D is on the field much more than they should and the lack of skill, experience, and depth becomes more obvious.

How can we get back to running the ball consistently is IMO one of the main questions. The rest can be fixed.
I think you have something here. While we have an excellent set of WRs and a fine QB, I believe that the Hogs lack a bit of size and speed in those positions to make our offense more "defense-able.".

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Jack The BN on December 30, 2016, 01:44:43 pm
The pass was Arkansas' go to in the first half. They got almost nothing off the run. So VT keyed in and picked off Allen, got in his head. They shut down the pass. Ironically, Enos freaks out when he gets behind the chains, and sells out to the pass. Then the defense gave up.

IMO we also need for all the RBs to be able to pass-block. So far it seems like they don't trust DW to be able to pass-block. That results in the opposing D always knowing that DW will run the ball when he is in (and he still runs like a beast).
That should be fixed with a bit more experience next year. We also need to include TJH in the running game. Running straight ahead for 2-4 yards is not always the answer.

bennyl08

Under CBB, we have not been good at making half time adjustments all 4 years. I'm trying to think of any games where we made a big 2nd half comeback. We've had come from behind victories sure, but I'm talking about where we were significantly worse relative to the other team in the first half than we were the second half. I'm sure it's happened, but I can point to a lot more other times that has been the reverse. In all seriousness, Bring Back Willy in that regard. Bad first half defenses, but our 2nd half defenses were tops. The current coaches do a good job of game planning beforehand, but not keeping up with adjustments after kickoff has hurt us for several years.

Early in CBB's tenure here, the teams were very good at not giving up. Having come from the JLS era where they did give up, I'd say that CBB knows how to instill fight into the team. While there certainly have been games where there has been a lack of fight this year, I think that is mostly a side effect of the team falsely feeling entitled, though I am just guessing here. The team fought hard in the TCU game. Offense didn't stop fighting and did well against Bama. Perhaps after some of the amazing victories last year and the first half of this season, the team, or at least some of them, began to feel a bit too confident and when then started going bad, they became upset and befuddled rather than fighting back. While in game and especially 2nd half adjustments have been a perennial problem under Bielema, these collapses of the team only happened a couple of times during that first season, and only in the back half of this season. So, ignoring the season to be forgotten, we've only had half a season where the team collapsed in the 2nd half out of three. I don't think that's an inherent function of the team or coaching staff, but something unique that can be fixed in house.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: Silver Hog on December 30, 2016, 01:39:59 pm
coaching is a full time job, being a TV -star- takes away from his coaching time.  Hence his crappy coaching.

So, none of the other coaches take vacations, have time away from football? Who knew it?

Dumb ole famrboy

The team lost focus well before starting the 3rd quarter. They lost it during the 1st half - during the long break on VT's fumbled punt. From that point forward the team was flat.

Dirty

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 30, 2016, 01:48:33 pm
We didn't run the ball well in the first half either but we still dominated.

In the first half VT was still worried about our (on paper) salty running game. In the second half they could focus on just shutting down AA because the run was not an issue.

bennyl08

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 30, 2016, 01:09:13 pm
Real stuff....we don't have the players...Arkansas has to do something they have never been willing to do..they have to recruit nationally. 9 times out of 10 we aren't going to get the higher level players in our region unless they are home grown or legacy players. Go to the small states ( Maine, South Dakota, New Mexico) and recruit the absolute best player in that state and bring them to Arkansas. Get kids that are under the radar that are good players that no one knows about or they are on someone's back up board. We have to improve the quality of players but we aren't going to go into Miami and get many 4-5 star athletes to come to Arkansas. We are going to have to take some chances on some kids that fall into the cracks

We recruited more nationally under Petrino than we did under Nutt and even more nationally under Bielema than under Petrino.

We had the Jimmy's and Joes to beat VT physically. We have high level players on this team right now as far as physical talent goes.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Razorbackers

Great point. Which is why I have been more optimistic about next season, especially with FR coming back.

HiggiePiggy

I have said this before. For beliema to win big here he must have a great OC and a great DC. He is a CEO type coach. Those rarely win big here. It can be done, but he must be able to get great coordinators and keep them for awhile. Arkansas will never out recruit Alabama, auburn, Texas A&M, and LSU. We will sometimes out recruit ole miss and usually out recruit Mississippi State. So every single year in recruiting in the west division we will finish 5th to 7th. We know X's and O's hard nosed coaches can do it here.  We have yet to see a CEO players coach do it. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

We didn't run the ball well in the first half either but we still dominated. The biggest problem to me was the penalties and turnovers. 4 penalties and 0 turnovers in the first half. We're up 24-0. 8 penalties and 4 turnovers in the second half, and really 5 because I consider Morgan's fumble at the 1 yard line a turnover because it help prevent us at least 3 points maybe 7.

I'm sorry but coaching didn't have much to do with us losing this game. This ones 99.9% on the players. The only things the coaches maybe could have done better was calm the players down and motivate them. And maybe Enos could have called more draw plays or screens to counteract some of the pressure they started bringing in the second half. Other than that like I said earlier this loss was on the players.

BTW: Someone needs to plant if in AA's head that if nothing's there pull it down and run it or get out of the pocket and throw it away. Stop trying to force a play when none is there. Sometimes it's ok to punt. Virginia Tech didn't score on a long drive all night if I'm not mistaken. Every time they scored it was on a short field or on a short field off of a turnover.

Happens to the best of qb's. When the defense is stopping anything, and they are down, you have a lot of pressure that you have to get a td on each drive. Playing it safe is no longer an option. Look at Drew Brees a few seasons ago. Had a ton of interceptions because he was forcing throws knowing that if the team punted, the deficit would likely grow by 7. Even golden boy Brady has done that during games. Doesn't mean it is the best option, but I don't hold that against Austin.

ArkansasI

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 30, 2016, 01:55:04 pm
We recruited more nationally under Petrino than we did under Nutt and even more nationally under Bielema than under Petrino.

We had the Jimmy's and Joes to beat VT physically. We have high level players on this team right now as far as physical talent goes.
I agree we're getting closer. This is a tough ride. Hopefully, we'll arrive sooner than most here expect.

I think next year offers far more reason for optimism than others see.

Hawgndaaz

It seemed VTech's second half gameplan was eerily similar to Mizzou's. Line up multiple smaller, faster DE's on the interior and watch our O-line whiff on every blitz. Too much speed up front gives our big slow line nightmares.
It amazes me Tech didn't do it from the first whistle, really.

ShadowTheHedgehog

There is also an element of mental toughness that must be addressed. Opponents will score in the second half. Yesterday the whole thing came undone after VT's fist TD.

We also need to be able to kick it into the endzone like they were doing. Our kick offs are horrible, and those short kicks to their 40ish have to stop.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 30, 2016, 01:29:12 pm

Top recruits are just pouring in from all over having watched "Being Bret Bielema" this past year.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Quickdraw

The reason for failing is Stubborn, arrogance and pride which leads to inconsistency. In order for Beliema to correct the ship, he will have to find a way to improve himself.

Jim Harris

I'm sorry but coaching didn't have much to do with us losing this game. This ones 99.9% on the players.

Who recruited the players? Who said in the summer he really had a strong affinity for this team because it was pretty much all his guys now? They were supposed to be uncommon.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 30, 2016, 01:53:46 pm
In the first half VT was still worried about our (on paper) salty running game. In the second half they could focus on just shutting down AA because the run was not an issue.
He still has to learn to tuck he ball down and run or throw the ball away when nothings there. Turnovers and penalties beat a team more than anything else. Especially a Coach Beilema coached team with the style that we play.

Once his brother figured that out he became a much better player and a more trusted player. On 4th down, at the end of the half, or at the end of the game is the only time you have to try and force a play when nothing is there.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 30, 2016, 02:14:56 pm
He still has to learn to tuck he ball down and run or throw the ball away when nothings there. Turnovers and penalties beat a team more than anything else.
Agree, if we had taken 3 knees and punted on every possession we may have beat them and Mizzou.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 30, 2016, 02:16:17 pm
Agree, if we had taken 3 knees and punted on every possession we may have beat them and Mizzou.
+1, I told one of my partners this. I don't care if we had run the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down run the play clock down after every play then punted the ball and not turned the ball over we would have had a much better chance of winning both of these games. At least run the ball on 1st and 2nd and convert a short 3rd down play every once in a while.

JUST DON'T COMMIT A TURNOVER AND GIVE THEM A SHORT FIELD AND MOMENTUM!!!

PorkRinds

This is exactly the issue. No run game. Our guys can pass block ok most of the time but their run blocking is terrible.

porkrindjimmy

Then let me spell it out for you again. Piss poor, half assed distracted coaching. Pure and simple. You want to hash and rehash schemes, players, plays and lay the blame there. Fact is, Bielema relaxes. Gets up big and let's off. Somebody hits us in the mouth, and the players look for guidance from their coach and all they see is the "thousand yard stare". Again, you can play college insider all you want but this has become the face of Arkansas, Bret Bielema where even now the national media laughs at us. People saying he can't be brought back can he? National media outlets reporting the shoplifting incident....and that is uncommon? That is doing it the right way? It is 100% on Bret with his piss poor, half assed, distracted coaching. Plain and simple. And buyouts at 15 million dollars? Extortion comes to mind. I have seen mom and pops stores make better deals with the mafia...

Get out of here about schemes, jimmy and Joe's and plays.

I will tell you this and you will see it over the next two years. It ain't gonna take Bret long to break. Wait and see.

PRJ

Oklahawg

Quote from: Silver Hog on December 30, 2016, 01:39:59 pm

By logic, there should be 2-3 threads pissed that he took the time to conceive a child.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Deep Shoat

This may be the winner. An excellent post.

And, overall, a good response.  Only one douchebag talking about the tv show.
All Gas, No Brakes!