Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9 Wins Next Year

Started by hogsbeattexas, December 30, 2016, 08:11:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lutherheggs

Quote from: hogsbeattexas on December 30, 2016, 08:11:55 am
I am in a terrible mood today.  So I am going to try and look ahead. 

I think that 9 wins next season (overall record of 9-4) is the minimum Bielema should be expected to achieve.  So 9-3 in regular season with a respectable bowl loss, or 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win.  I would almost prefer the 8-4 and a bowl win personally.  End on a high note.  I also think that finally beating A&M is crucial.  And we have to win our non-con games.

What do you all think?

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)- WIN   (win)
Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN    (loss)
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Sept. 23 – vs. Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas) -WE HAD BETTER WIN  (loss)
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE -WIN   (win)
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* -TOSS UP   (loss)
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* -LOSS   (loss)
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* -TOSS UP    (loss)
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* -TOSS UP   (loss)
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA -WIN   (win)
Nov. 11 – at LSU* -TOSS UP   (loss)
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* -WIN  (win)
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN   (win)

See my guesses for game outcomes above. 5-7/2-6, winning 3 of last 4. That is typically how a Razorback football season goes under any head coach since Hatfield other than Petrino. This team will not be measurably better than it is this season and the SEC will surely be better overall. It was down this year.

tzthib

Quote from: b-ash on December 30, 2016, 08:37:16 am
This thinking is why we are always upset as hog fans.  We have to change our expectations to 6-6 and be happy with anything above it.  This is the level of talent we are able to draw.  We have to quit thinking we can be elite bc we play in the top conference or we are destined for miserable feeings every season.  The real question is how many of those teams will we have higher recruiting classes than?

No, thanks. If that's where we are let's just hire a coach for 100K and go watch track and field.

IntegrityHog

I think we will actually take a slight step back next year, due to the departing talent and the way the schedule sets up.  I see 5-7.  But 2018 could be a special year - that's CBB's first year with his own 5th year seniors.  I've been saying for years that 2018 is the year to watch....

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 08:13:57 am
Minimum is 8 wins, honestly. In the SEC west for us, 8 should be the floor. I can see us only winning 8 with this schedule, but I can also see us winning 10.

But if we don't win 8 CBB has to go, simple as that.

Lol
This is my non-signature signature.

toshortrock

LOL,,,i see some of u guys haven;t learned nothing yet,,,LOL
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

HoggyCat

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 09:17:14 am
The personnel losses in 2014 and 2015 were far worse than what we're losing this year.

I've been hearing for a couple weeks that Enos is leaving.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

code red

No way we get to 9 next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: IntegrityHog on December 30, 2016, 11:21:01 am
I think we will actually take a slight step back next year, due to the departing talent and the way the schedule sets up.  I see 5-7.  But 2018 could be a special year - that's CBB's first year with his own 5th year seniors.  I've been saying for years that 2018 is the year to watch....
21-8 when leading at half.  It's deeper than just recruiting....He makes absolutely no adjustments.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

Quote from: IntegrityHog on December 30, 2016, 11:21:01 am

Stop already.  Just stop.

Bigmac2

We will be 12-0 in the first half and 6-6 for the whole game if we keep our OL coach, DC and Strength/Conditioning Coach. Along if BB continues to have the blank look on his face while taking it. Stop trying to be a players coach and making excuses for these kids. I just don't have any confidence in what is coming back player wise if we have the same coaches that are allowing this to happen.

Etowah

I only see one game on that schedule that I think we will lose.

I figure we will lose one we shouldn't...so with a senior QB..an experienced oline...two top notch runners....and the offensive weapons we will have on the outside and at TE....and surely improvement from a young defense...........I am saying 9 wins minimum but I think 10 and 2 and a top ten team is what we will have next year.

Coach BB will be highly motivated after the way this year ended and there will be some major changes in the process.

Can't appreciate enough AA having another year and being a senior....we make a huge jump next year.

Next year is when BB finally buries the legend of Bobby Petrino.

Hognspace

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 30, 2016, 11:45:13 am

That will be the worst loss to this team.  He is one of the few bright spots in a vacuum of mediocrity

ZERO

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 30, 2016, 11:45:13 am

Enos deserves better than Bielema and his sh*tshow.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Quickdraw

Delusional: 6 wins probable, 7 wins with some luck. 8 wins, not gonna happen.

jacobp

Quote from: ZERO on December 30, 2016, 12:28:05 pm
Enos deserves better than Bielema and his sh*tshow.
Doesn't Enos deserve plenty of the blame for our 2nd have ineptitude?

In before "but bielema told him to call awful plays so it's not his fault."

Medic821

Sooo.....according to  some of yall we have no shot next year huh...Well then give ur season tix up maybe. I can get better seats next season.   By the way hear Mizou lookin for extra fans.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Medic821 on December 30, 2016, 01:00:13 pm
Sooo.....according to  some of yall we have no shot next year huh...Well then give ur season tix up maybe. I can get better seats next season.   By the way hear Mizou lookin for extra fans.

We are probably going to win 6 possibly 7 games next year. If it's more than that I will be pleasantly surprised,  but I doubt it.

lilRockNDubb

We got dismantled by Auburn because we were "tired" after playing 8 games in a row.. we play TEN next year. Same offense. New defensive scheme. Lucky to go bowling.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2016, 09:23:24 am
He is here next year. No way he uproots his wife during her prenatal care and make her find a new place to deliver.

And he is here the next.

But once that baby is born and next year is over, I look for him to bounce. She is a Florida girl. He loves flip flops and sandals. Look for them to head south to be close to her family when the baby is born. The right job needs to come open for it to happen.
I'm sure FIU or FAU would take him.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Etowah on December 30, 2016, 12:14:45 pm

I figure we will lose one we shouldn't...so with a senior QB..an experienced oline...two top notch runners....and the offensive weapons we will have on the outside and at TE....and surely improvement from a young defense...........I am saying 9 wins minimum but I think 10 and 2 and a top ten team is what we will have next year.

Coach BB will be highly motivated after the way this year ended and there will be some major changes in the process.

Can't appreciate enough AA having another year and being a senior....we make a huge jump next year.

What strain are you smoking?
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

jgphillips3

It's not a simple prediction.  If the staff stays intact and no major coaching or structural changes are made in the program, we will get a record of 6-6 or 7-5 if we are lucky.  If he makes the right changes in coaching and internally then 8-4 or even 9-3 become possible or even probable.

Below are results of nothing changes with possible victories noted if changes are made:

think?

Sept. 2 – Florida A&M - Win
Sept. 9 – TCU - Loss (Win)
Sept. 23 – Texas A&M - Loss (Win)
Sept. 30 – New Mexico State -Win
Oct. 7 – South Carolina - Win
Oct. 14 – Alabama - Loss
Oct. 21 – AUBURN - Loss
Oct. 28 – Ole Miss - Win
Nov. 4 – Coastal Carolina - Win
Nov. 11 – LSU - Loss
Nov. 18 – Mississippi State - Win
Nov. 25 – Missouri - Loss (Win)

tacomahog

Looking at that schedule, I only see 3, maybe 4 wins. 

GTOWNHOG

I think that 9 wins next season (overall record of 9-4) is the minimum Bielema should be expected to achieve.  So 9-3 in regular season with a respectable bowl loss, or 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win.  I would almost prefer the 8-4 and a bowl win personally.  End on a high note.  I also think that finally beating A&M is crucial.  And we have to win our non-con games.

What do you all think?

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)- WIN
Sept. 9 – TCU - TOSS UP
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Sept. 23 – vs. Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas) LOSS
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE -WIN
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* -TOSS UP
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* -LOSS
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* -LOSS
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* -LOSS
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA -WIN
Nov. 11 – at LSU* -LOSS
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* -WIN
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -TOSS UP

I see 7-5 at best.  WE have a mediocre coaching staff along with talent that in the bottom half of the SEC.  Don't see much changing in the next couple of years.   :razorback:
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 09:36:45 am
Offense:
Returning 4 of 5 starters on the o line
returning a qb who puts up big numbers when protected
returning the leading rusher in the sec
returning a dynamic freshman rb
Deep stable of talented TEs, including incoming guys
J-red and a crew of young, talented under classmen receivers.

Defense:
Returning the majority of our secondary, including Tutt and Richardson, both of whom were expected to play/start this year.
Losing the biggest detriment to our defense in Brooks Ellis. He can't cover a fence post.
Replacing him with all-sec freshmen Harris, along with a new crop of faster LBs. And Greenlaw and Eugene.
Returning Agim, and a good chunk of the defensive line. Losing some pass rushers, but we've recruited well in that area imo.
Plus we're switching schemes to take advantage of our lengthy LBs like Ramsey.
Incoming players will make an immediate impact as well, like Brown and (possibly) Chevin.

In 2014 we lost everything from the defense. It left a gaping hole, as 5 of the 6 guys were NFL players.
In 2015 we lost everything from the offense. It left a gaping hole, as 6 of the 7 guys were NFL players.
In 2016 we're losing people from both sides, but it's not devastating like the last 2 years. We're not losing a lot of drafted, irreplaceable talent.

If we fail to improve in 2017, like I said earlier, cut Bielema loose. But I don't think our roster is in as dire straits as some think. I'm not too concerned with losing some receivers and tight ends. I'd much rather return the line and running backs.
Nailed it IMO

Sed76

It will get ugly early when in week 2 TCU comes in and puts a whipping on us.

HiggiePiggy

I just hope we can find the BACK next year.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hollywood870

What do you all think?

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)- WIN
Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Sept. 23 – vs. Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas) -WE HAD BETTER WIN
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE -WIN
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* -TOSS UP
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* -LOSS
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* -TOSS UP
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* -TOSS UP
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA -WIN
Nov. 11 – at LSU* -TOSS UP
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* -WIN
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN
6-6 is what I'm looking at.

lutherheggs

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 31, 2016, 03:11:06 am
6-6 is what I'm looking at.
Pretty accurate as far as I can tell.  6-6 overall and 3-5 again in conference play.

TNRazorbacker

Looking at this schedule it may be the softest path to 9 wins the Hogs have had in a decade. If he cant get at least that done with what he has coming back he never will.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Sed76 on December 31, 2016, 12:19:36 am

That could very well happen.

lakecityhog

In 2014 we lost everything from the defense. It left a gaping hole, as 5 of the 6 guys were NFL players.
In 2015 we lost everything from the offense. It left a gaping hole, as 6 of the 7 guys were NFL players.

11 NFL players on the roster in 2014, how in the hell did we not win more games???

Bebop

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 31, 2016, 11:48:59 am

11 NFL players on the roster in 2014, how in the hell did we not win more games???

Exactly.

Bigmac2

Quote from: Medic821 on December 30, 2016, 01:00:13 pm

Naaahhh...Want to make it Foghorns and Willy Ds to get drunk or an excuse to go down Dickson St so might as well go watch a football while I'm there. The light bulb will come on someday for the Athletic Department so I'll stick around. Just hope it happens before I make it to the stadium in the sky.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Etowah on December 30, 2016, 12:14:45 pm

Drink long and deep...

Stay thirsty my friend.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 31, 2016, 11:48:59 am

But I thought Bobby couldn't recruit.  But much of that talent was also young.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hogcard1964

Quote from: Sed76 on December 31, 2016, 12:19:36 am

Unless TCU has a lot of turnover, and gets a lot of new blood, they're not going to beat us.  They're awful.

hobhog

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 30, 2016, 08:15:34 am
9 wins doesn't change crap for me. He's a loser. Plain and simple ....

See ya

Mo_Better_Hogs

How's this?...(and does this sound like I'm describing an A&M season?)

Optimistically, I say we start out 5 – 0.

Realistically, starting with the Alabama game, I think we can lose 5 out of the last 7.

lakecityhog

2017 had better be his "breakout" year, cause 2018 will be much different. AA--gone, Ragnow--gone, Agim---probably gone, Jackson--gone, Cornelius--gone, Ramirez--gone, Raulerson--gone along with Tolliver, Eugene, Liddell, Richardson, Coley, Roesler and Beanum.

He will be starting a new QB with little to no game experience and regardless of how good everyone thinks this kid is, the SEC chews up and spits out 1st year QB's.

Plus you now have Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri on the road.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 31, 2016, 12:28:18 pm
Unless TCU has a lot of turnover, and gets a lot of new blood, they're not going to beat us.  They're awful.

You mean like Mizzou there prognosticator ?
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

BirmingHam

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on December 30, 2016, 08:22:01 am
Glad to hear the real hog call ringing this morning!

You forgot the awful howl in front of the call. 

Hollywood870

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 31, 2016, 12:28:18 pm
Yeah. We'll dominate Gary Patterson's Frog's. We're far too talented and too well coached.

Etowah

Next year's schedule is very soft compared to the last few years.

If not 10 wins next year....I probably won't be around to see one.

If everything goes great...I only have at most another 20 years.

Truthfully...not smoking or drinking...just looking at what we have back and who is on our schedule.  We should be favored in 10 of those games.

We can't keep losing to A and M like we have...Auburn...we are more talented....Ole Miss and State...we own them...Mizzou....lightning will not strike in the same spot twice...non com games we will be favored.

That leaves Bama and LSU.....we get LSU.

Dr. Starcs

I really thought we were headed in the right direction after last year. This year has almost completely ruined that thought.

Muleriderhog

Quote from: Etowah on December 31, 2016, 04:29:25 pm
Next year's schedule is very soft compared to the last few years.

If not 10 wins next year....I probably won't be around to see one.

If everything goes great...I only have at most another 20 years.

Truthfully...not smoking or drinking...just looking at what we have back and who is on our schedule.  We should be favored in 10 of those games.

We can't keep losing to A and M like we have...Auburn...we are more talented....Ole Miss and State...we own them...Mizzou....lightning will not strike in the same spot twice...non com games we will be favored.

That leaves Bama and LSU.....we get LSU.
It's a little early to be this drunk man.

reddogjcss

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
If dames don't change we will have the exact same results!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: BassinHawg on December 30, 2016, 08:29:44 am
Lucky to win 6 games, No talent and No Coaching.

We have talent....

PRJ

hview

I think next years team will be more talented than this year. The defense should be improved. Depth should be better.  Yet, I don't have a lot of confidence that things will be any different. The 2nd half collapses had a lot to do with lack of coaching, lack of adjustment at half time, failure to anticipate changes the other team would make, and not doing the little things necessary to guide the team to victories. Yes players make plays, but coaches should put them in the best position to win.  The head coach at times needs to immediately take charge if he see's the train is off the track.  I like our head coach, but he needs to take charge and lead. That includes making staff changes when they aren't performing. It's time for action, not just words. I don't see anything yet to make me think it will be any better than 7-5 next year.

hog.goblin

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality