Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret & Jen (I hope they read this)

Started by Steef, September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 03:44:28 pm
Wilson is management.

I'm just staff.

My OP was not an expression of Hogville policy. Just my own personal opinion about good taste.

I would ask though...if you are knowingly doing something that is benign to you, but derisive from everyone else, how would a third party know the difference?

How could people calling him Bert possibly be an issue with anyone?

McKdaddy

Quote from: hoglady on September 17, 2017, 03:37:07 pm
Yes - they do.
This is Sunday afternoon tea with the preacher in comparison.

Ha, true.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

jacobp

WilsonHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 17, 2017, 03:33:43 pm
I spent a lot of time on volnation, tigerdroppings, and nafoom last night, and most message boards make hogville look like a religious group

Good. But not good enough.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 03:44:28 pm

I would ask though...if you are knowingly doing something that is benign to you, but derisive from everyone else, how would a third party know the difference?

Good question. Didn't cross my mind since I had been using it harmlessly since Nutt was our coach.

rickfahr

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 17, 2017, 03:33:43 pm
I spent a lot of time on volnation, tigerdroppings, and nafoom last night, and most message boards make hogville look like a religious group

You got that right. I daily read shaggytexas, the Longhorns site. Those folks are brutal. Funny, but brutal.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am

Observing his weight...
Comments about his attire...
Snide misuse of his name... 

Unsavory remarks about his wife...

Sounds like your describing our President on twitter.. it's the world of social media...

jkstock04

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 17, 2017, 03:08:51 pm
Most of the traffic on social media are from Wisconsin fans from the karma tweet. Wisconsin is 41-12 since the tweet and Arkansas is 23-27. Wisconsin fans cant stand Bret.
Wouldn't surprise me. Since you are the only one to actually address what has been going on on social media I'll assume this to be true. I can only imagine...I'm sure it's ugly.

What I think happens is (similar to the OP) that people hang out on social media...take what is going on there, and apply it to here. I've seen this time and time again. And is probably a major reason for the vitriol from the Bielema apologists the past few years. They get worked up on social media, then come here and lash out.

I'm going to assume on social media there are 100s of thousands of people...so there your voice is going to get drowned out. On here you have a smaller more niche type environment....so your voice when you scream at people social media style is seen and heard louder.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

McKdaddy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 04:00:33 pm
Sounds like your describing our President on twitter.. it's the world of social media...

True.

I don't care for the comments on his weight, but as to his attire, meh, petty criticism, and relatively small potatos in the realm of CBB negativity.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 17, 2017, 03:49:59 pm
Good. But not good enough.

We are speaking about people who exercised their right and placed all of us in our current situation....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 17, 2017, 02:33:59 pm
This is nothing compared to Jumpball last season. Most fans on this board complain about him not winning or building a program. People will point out how much he makes it just comes with the territory.
It's best to stay away from personal attacks. Most of hogville stay away from that sort of stuff.

MMQB > JB. Nobody in MMQB gets called a racist for questioning the coach or program. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

McKdaddy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 04:11:41 pm
MMQB > JB. Nobody in MMQB gets called a racist for questioning the coach or program. 

Yes, that particular accusation in JB gets me pretty hot under the caller.

wildhogman

Quote from: rude1 on September 17, 2017, 12:00:02 pm
Welcome to the real world, this is standard mode of operation all around college football. I always find it unfair that Hog fans are labeled as "over the top", when if you just visit other sites when things aren't going as hoped and you will see that our fans is no worse than any other fan base in college football, fans want to see wins and when that doesn't happen some will deal with it much more harshly than others.
So if the fan bas of other teams commites mass suicide from all the depression of "yet another losing season". You gonna jump too?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 03:48:13 pm

Are you serious? It's rude, and demeaning.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 04:11:41 pm

We don't have a black coach in football or you would hear it... Also, the one's complaining most about Mike would give a free pass to Bret.. you wonder at times what the difference is...

Science Fiction Greg

There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

But a lot of the fanbase is classless.
Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Comments about his attire... have nothing to do with football. Ditto.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.
And yes, we all know he's well paid.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

Excellent post.  Thank you.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: waphill on September 17, 2017, 12:39:47 pm
My dad was a HS football coach for 40+ years. He always said as a coach you lose a number of fans every year, and you NEVER get them back. Obviously some coaches lose them faster than others. BB has lost a chunk of the fan base that he'll never get back.
Coaching is a unique profession in that Everyone has an opinion about your job, most think they could do it better, but few understand the workings of being a coach.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 04:21:53 pm
Also, the one's complaining most about Mike would give a free pass to Bret.. you wonder at times what the difference is...

No. Bret isn't getting any passes.  I'm not wondering anything.   I know what the differences are. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rude1 on September 17, 2017, 12:00:02 pm
Welcome to the real world, this is standard mode of operation all around college football. I always find it unfair that Hog fans are labeled as "over the top", when if you just visit other sites when things aren't going as hoped and you will see that our fans is no worse than any other fan base in college football, fans want to see wins and when that doesn't happen some will deal with it much more harshly than others.

Are you not ashamed that the best thing you can say about our fanbase is that we are no worse than the other idiots in the college football world?

Raise your expectations of behavior to the acceptable line, at minimum.  Please.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 17, 2017, 12:31:11 pm
Why don't you just send them a letter?  Actually, you wanted US to read your post.

The people that need to hear this the most are right here on this message board.  Bret and Jen know the behavior is unacceptable.  People here don't seem to.

JOKERHOG

classless is taking 20mill of our money and providing the product he has 3 of the past 4 games
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

WilsonHog

Are you saying you use "Bert" as a term of endearment for our coach? Is so, that's a little disturbing.

On the other hand, if you use it derisively because that's about all you have in your repertoire of football discussion, you should read more and wait to post until you have something worthwhile to contribute.

Cinco de Hogo

People feed off of extremism, I don't think I have to explain that.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 04:24:16 pm
No. Bret isn't getting any passes.  I'm not wondering anything.   I know what the differences are.

He was most definitely getting a pass from many on JB and yet could not find one thing they liked about Mike and continually expressed as much...

please enlighten us since you know.. what are the differences?

sowmonella

There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.
The vast majority of hog fans also feel this way.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

wildhogman

Quote from: codeHog on September 17, 2017, 01:52:00 pm
you should be able to lay out the facts of his regime.....tell about his losses after halftime and any other figure that applies to his time on the Hill.

This is no different that a teacher giving a kid his report card that grades him on his job performance.
That said, teachers give grades without getting personal and attacking the kid and it's family
Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 17, 2017, 02:08:22 pm
In retrospect why did they have a twitter war with fans of the team they left? 

No Arkansas fan has said anything about CBB's family members that I am aware of.  Fact is, no one that I am aware has ever made personal remarks on HV about CBB. Comparing what he has done here with other Hog coaches is not a personal attack.  Anyone in any field keeps their job on how competent they are. One of the ways a HC is measured on how competent he is doing his job is to compare wins and loses.  If the HC is losing more than he is winning he is not competent, make no mistake about it.
You seriously expect us to believe with over 2000 posts you have never seen him called a name such as "fat burt"?  I call B*** on that.

McKdaddy

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 17, 2017, 04:27:08 pm
Are you saying you use "Bert" as a term of endearment for our coach? Is so, that's a little disturbing.

On the other hand, if you use it derisively because that's about all you have in your repertoire of football discussion, you should read more and wait to post until you have something worthwhile to contribute.

I don't know why my Wiscy relatives began using Bert. Maybe someone was lit at a tailgate, it slipped out that way, the group thought it humorous, and it stuck. Not a term of endearment when I've used it, but more as a bonding with and continuation of my relatives' silliness. Something about the Bert name I like.

casken

Stay classy, Hogville.

Agreed with the exception of the last sentence. Staying implies a position achieved.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

MaconBacon

Nice guys finish last, and I will say he is a decent man and has a decent family.  However, there is a reason "true" company producers, don't get put under a microscope like the usual bean counters.  You earn your keep and the companies keep, when you slip is when you get slapped. No more safety nets even though our beloved says "All is WELL !," we don't win at all cost's here.....  We are integrity infused!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 04:31:32 pm
He was most definitely getting a pass from many on JB and yet could not find one thing they liked about Mike and continually expressed as much...

He wasn't getting a pass. People were choosing to view two separate situations separately.   You and a few others want it to be extreme opinions.  All in or not for coach and their program.  That is dumb.  Not reality.  Bielema deservedly caught hell last season well before the basketball Hogs 3 weeks or so of mid season disaster led to Anderson deservedly catching it.  But only in one situation did the accusation come out. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on September 17, 2017, 04:26:35 pm
The people that need to hear this the most are right here on this message board.  Bret and Jen know the behavior is unacceptable.  People here don't seem to.
Irony. You are one of the people on here who cant usually go 2 posts without making things very personal.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 04:31:32 pm

I like mental gymnastics this explanation should be a good one.
Hogs up! Covid down!

wildhogman

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 17, 2017, 04:26:56 pm
classless is taking 20mill of our money and providing the product he has 3 of the past 4 games
Our money? which of the 20 million was yours? the first 19 or that last wonderful 20 Mill?

Snoutman

Damn we lose 1 game and the kids come out. None of you babies have a clue about coaching or winning. Get behind the team and be a real fan or at least try and find a little character. I don't believe the boys or the coaches have given up but it would be hard to play for this bunch of loser's that call themselves fans.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 04:37:46 pm
He wasn't getting a pass. People were choosing to view two separate situations separately.   You and a few others want it to be extreme opinions.  All in or not for coach and their program.  That is dumb.  Not reality.  Bielema deservedly caught hell last season well before the basketball Hogs 3 weeks or so of mid season disaster led to Anderson deservedly catching it.  But only in one situation did the accusation come out.

False, you can lump me in with whomever you'd like .. all I ever called for was for you,  HS and a couple others to show some sense of balance.. I've never said I didn't like Bret or he should go or said his program was worse than Mike's.. and I also stated we should be fans of the team and support the coach until he is gone.. You have had a hard time with that and have shown your hard on for Mike for years and would get your panties in a knot whenever someone would ask you to have some perspective between the jobs the 2 coaches were doing..

You also are the one that keeps saying people are calling you a racist, I don't ever remember seeing you called that and certainly know I didn't .. but seems you have a problem and keep bringing it up.. do you feel guilty or something?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 04:48:27 pm
False, you can lump me in with whomever you'd like .. all I ever called for was for you,  HS and a couple others to show some sense of balance.. I've never said I didn't like Bret or he should go or said his program was worse than Mike's.. and I also stated we should be fans of the team and support the coach until he is gone.. You have had a hard time with that and have shown your hard on for Mike for years and would get your panties in a knot whenever someone would ask you to have some perspective between the jobs the 2 coaches were doing..

You also are the one that keeps saying people are calling you a racist, I don't ever remember seeing you called that and certainly know I didn't .. but seems you have a problem and keep bringing it up.. do you feel guilty or something?

I'm an equal opportunity criticizer.  I've been critical of Bielema well before last season.  Post history is here. What I didn't do was go PRJ.

On a separate subject the basketball program I have been critical when warranted and praised when deserved.  Because of our coach's history the critical part is not okay with some.  And a few can only think deep enough to play the card.   Your last paragraph a good example. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 04:56:46 pm
.   Your last paragraph a good example.

You brought it up..I only responded...

BigBrandonAllenFan

I think 98% of the Beilema negativity has been about coaching the team to wins or losses.  It's about winning games, not much else.  I could care less what he wears or looks like or what his wife is doing.  Fans are simply disgruntled with the 3-7 mark in the last 10 games against Power 5 conference teams.  (Record verified by FactChecker).

Hoginsavga

Stay classy, Hogville.

You are absolutely correct on your talking points. I confess that I have been critical of CBB on his coaching but have stayed clear of anything personal. I have managed many employees in my career and owned my business the past 20+ years before selling it and retirement. My wife was a vital participant in the business I owned. The thing most harmful was not criticism of me but my wife hearing negative criticism. Not to sound like the Okie lite coach but I'm a man and I could take it.

Anytime someone makes personal attacks the spouse (husband or wife) has a much tougher time dealing with it than the person that is actually attacked. They are in a no win situation.

Whether CBB can pull out of this hole or not is now a major question.  I sincerely hope he does. I do feel sorry for his wife as it appeared she was looking for a fresh start in Arkansas. I just wish he would seek answers with a different offense style of football.

B501

#karma

solitons

Stay classy, Hogville.

+1
Stay class.

Wild Boarnado

Thank you for this message, Steef. I really appreciate what you wrote. No matter how badly or how well we play, there is never a reason or excuse to make personal attacks on our coaches or players (or anyone for that matter). We can disagree and argue with their decisions, their game plans, their player development, recruiting, etc. but attacking them personally just because we are angry with their job performance goes beyond the pale of civility. It doesn't matter if social media is rude and crude. We don't have to act that way. It is the responsibility of each of us to be civil and respectful toward our coaches, players, each other, and to everyone we meet. Most folks want the world to be a better place - well that starts with me and that starts with you- as Jesus said, "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."

As angry and upset as I have been over the recent performances of our team, I've had to stop and remember how Jesus told me to be - many, many, many times. I've screamed, cussed, and fumed over our team's recent performances and I've lost a lot of faith in our coaches - but calling them names, judging their motives, insulting them for how they look is just wrong and does not help the situation at all - I know it seems like doing so will make me feel better, but it never has. Whether you like him or hate him, Coach Bielema is a human being and deserves the same respect and civility as each one of us deserves - (regardless of how much money he is being paid.)

I don't know if he can right the ship or not, and if not, we will need a new coach - but I'm pulling for him, our coaches, and our players. I hope and pray they can get it together and have a great season for all of us fans and especially for all of our players. WPS!!!
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Rayzback

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 17, 2017, 11:38:05 am
I do agree with you and got railroaded because I said that some of our posts make us look like ignorant hillbillies!

Ignorant  hillbillies are the worse kind :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 04:37:59 pm
Irony. You are one of the people on here who cant usually go 2 posts without making things very personal.

To which of my posts are you referring?  I looked through my last page of posts and saw that I said "you fools" once.  Is that what you mean?  I guess I could've been kinder there, but I don't think I have a habit of making things personal.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 17, 2017, 04:56:46 pm
I'm an equal opportunity criticizer.  I've been critical of Bielema well before last season.  Post history is here. What I didn't do was go PRJ.

On a separate subject the basketball program I have been critical when warranted and praised when deserved.  Because of our coach's history the critical part is not okay with some.  And a few can only think deep enough to play the card.   Your last paragraph a good example. 

Don't bring my name in this...I have pointed out from day one what was wrong with this coach..and as of last Saturday, it still rings true.

Mike Anderson came within an eyelash of beating the NCAA champion last year in the tourney...To even compare Mike and Bret is insulting. As coaches, they are in two different hemispheres...you know this but your hatred for Mike won't let you see that...

PRJ

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 17, 2017, 06:43:03 pm
Don't bring my name in this...I have pointed out from day one what was wrong with this coach..and as of last Saturday, it still rings true.

Mike Anderson came within an eyelash of beating the NCAA champion last year in the tourney...To even compare Mike and Bret is insulting. As coaches, they are in two different hemispheres...you know this but your hatred for Mike won't let you see that...

PRJ

Do you not know what separate means?  As in separate situations.  Not comparing the two.  Just the opposite. 

hogcard1964

It's not.

ChicoHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 17, 2017, 12:27:12 pm
Wrong.Mike Anderson wins a lot. i agree that both are good men. and i agree that there is no need for name calling.
Uh, no.  2 tournament appearances in 6 years is not winning a lot.  Now go back to your man cave that is full of Mike Anderson portraits. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 17, 2017, 07:00:14 pm
Uh, no.  2 tournament appearances in 6 years is not winning a lot.  Now go back to your man cave that is full of Mike Anderson portraits.

I think, but could be wrong, he has the 2nd most total wins in the SEC since his arrival and 2nd most conference wins since his arrival..I'd call that a lot.. he also had to rebuild a program in his spare time...