Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret & Jen (I hope they read this)

Started by Steef, September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LR_Matt on September 17, 2017, 11:41:58 am
He and Mike Anderson are great guys.... they don't win much though.
Hey! Leave Mike Anderson out of this. He's winning at a 63% clip. 56% in SEC play :).
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

porkrindjimmy

Steef, what are you trying to get out of this? Trying to rally the troops for one last stand? Climb up that mountian one last time and take your last breath? People SHOULD leave his family out of it but Bret is another story. He has gained a ton of weight in 5 years, he continues to dress to not impress, his teams still show ill preparedness and sometimes lackadaisical effort. That is a pattern. I could explain the pattern to you but you are a smart enough guy that you know exactly what the pattern is.

Bret has for 5 years, let his mouth do his talking, his teams are consistently unprepared, they are consistently unmotivated. They take plays off, they tire in the second half of games. If you think certain elements of his lifestyle aren't creeping in to his coaching ability, well, you aren't that blind.

So what gives? You that invested in the man?

PRJ

hawgon

Quote from: Seebs on September 18, 2017, 02:35:43 pm
My Goodness you are a blight to this board and the fanbase. Hope you find happiness because you are one of the more bitter people I've ever read.  Sad.

Lol. Why do you think I am bitter?  Because I don't agree with you?

Redhogs

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 18, 2017, 02:16:20 pm

Since the famous tweet from Jen about "karma" to Wisky fans,

Wisconsin: 41-12
Arkansas: 23-27

But..but...but....you are not supposed to say or question anything they do....so says the op...and others.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

tolerati

Great post, Steef.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

BallHog1

Steef,
I agree with you 1000%. Its to the point that I avoid MMQB most of the time because of the stupidity displayed. I won't even try to describe the call in shows.

The bottom line is the guy isn't winning enough games to keep the fans happy. Fine. There is no need to make it personal and make ourselves look like hillbillies, unless that is just what we are, and I'm beginning to think that may be the fact.

The most talented coach in the world would tell our over the top fans who feel they have so much right to stay things that are not acceptable anywhere to shove it and I wouldn't blame him. I think its fine, if you honestly think you know more about coaching college football than the folks who actually have and are, to share your thoughts. I have my doubts about how many honestly know as much as they seem to think.  But, the personal stuff is just tacky and it makes the entire state look bad. Its embarrassing.

Seebs

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 03:10:27 pm
Lol. Why do you think I am bitter?  Because I don't agree with you?
Because you are negative, bitter and caustic. The type of person people with positive things in their life tend to avoid. I see where Hogville is your Mecca in that case. While there are many nincompoops on here, you stand out and wholly bitter and unhappy with everything.

I imagine your next posts will talk about all of your friends and how people love you, but I am not buying it.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hogginbama

Quote from: codeHog on September 17, 2017, 11:55:28 am
comes with the profession......even down to the peewee level.

Don't need to be tacky to say the coach can not get it done but how the coach acts can have something to do with the fans reaction.
If he is standing there drawing millions of dollars and showing little signs of stopping  our program from crashing and burning....then folks are going to scream and complain.

Hate to tell you this, but it crashed/burned a long time ago. He and the players are trying to rebuild from the ashes.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hawgon

Quote from: Seebs on September 18, 2017, 04:01:28 pm
Because you are negative, bitter and caustic. The type of person people with positive things in their life tend to avoid. I see where Hogville is your Mecca in that case. While there are many nincompoops on here, you stand out and wholly bitter and unhappy with everything.

I imagine your next posts will talk about all of your friends and how people love you, but I am not buying it.

You don't have me figured out as well as you think.  I don't need, nor do I seek your approval.  lol.  You're a funny dude. 

Hogs49ers

Based on Steefs OP, I have no idea why or how anyone that is a decent person would try to argue with his post in any conceivable way.

I have also learned that 'hawgon' may be the most ignorant person I have ever come across in my life.  I truly feel sorry for you and hope that you are not as miserable in real life and hope that you can find some peace and happiness in life.  Save your time on trying to argue with me and telling me how ignorant and stupid I am for thinking this, I will not engage you any further than this post.
SCREW Vandy!

hawgon

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 18, 2017, 05:10:37 pm
Based on Steefs OP, I have no idea why or how anyone that is a decent person would try to argue with his post in any conceivable way.

I have also learned that 'hawgon' may be the most ignorant person I have ever come across in my life.  I truly feel sorry for you and hope that you are not as miserable in real life and hope that you can find some peace and happiness in life.  Save your time on trying to argue with me and telling me how ignorant and stupid I am for thinking this, I will not engage you any further than this post.

I love how I am the "ignorant" and "miserable" one yet I have called no one any names or said anything beyond what every single person on this board was taught by their parents.  And that is simply that appearance counts...always. 

It would seem to me that the bitter and ignorant people are those who make sweeping judgments about those who different opinions than they do.  But of course, those opinions are t really different than what they know to be the truth.  They just don't want to hear it.

lol

RebHog

Quote from: Wolfpride on September 18, 2017, 12:45:33 pm
I watched the Clemson/Louisville game Saturday evening.  If you saw the first down review....that WAS a first down, then you saw Petrino's tirade.  Glad he was NOT wearing a Hog.  The only time I thought his antics like that were ok (not necessarily appropriate) was when LSU was making light of us losing Garrett Uekman.  He was defending......but what I saw Saturday evening was bad.  Bielema hasn't ever shown that side or hasn't gone to that extreme.  Glad we have Bielema and I HOPE he rights the ship.

You would seriously rather have a guy that just stands there with a distant look on his face rather then someone who shows that they care?

RebHog

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 18, 2017, 03:57:05 pm
Steef,
I agree with you 1000%. Its to the point that I avoid MMQB most of the time because of the stupidity displayed. I won't even try to describe the call in shows.

The bottom line is the guy isn't winning enough games to keep the fans happy. Fine. There is no need to make it personal and make ourselves look like hillbillies, unless that is just what we are, and I'm beginning to think that may be the fact.

The most talented coach in the world would tell our over the top fans who feel they have so much right to stay things that are not acceptable anywhere to shove it and I wouldn't blame him. I think its fine, if you honestly think you know more about coaching college football than the folks who actually have and are, to share your thoughts. I have my doubts about how many honestly know as much as they seem to think.  But, the personal stuff is just tacky and it makes the entire state look bad. Its embarrassing.

As an Ozark Hillbilly alum I am offended by you sir!   ;) :D ;D

PossumFan

Quote from: Redhogs on September 18, 2017, 03:12:32 pm
But..but...but....you are not supposed to say or question anything they do....so says the op...and others.

He said nothing of the sort. Question all you want, just keep it football-related and avoid the personal insults. Is that really too much to ask?

porkrindjimmy

Hawgon has forgot more about the Razorbacks then you will ever know in two lifetimes...

This is a sports (Arkansas) message board. It isn't a coach board. Razorbacks...not Bret Bielema. When you have a coach that comes into a situation and first thing out of his mouth is I came here to win the SEC...when a coach answers a question with basically check our big 10 records, Nick ain't got anything on me....but the product in year 5 is the same cluster that year 1 was....people are gonna question him. People are going to angry and after all, they are fans, and fans react. Visited a LSU board this week? From everything the man has said, checks his mouth has written...not one has been cashed. We are not disciplined. We are not a power football team. We don't out tough anyone. We take plays off...I could go on and on but in year 5 going into game 3, at this point we have been sold a bill of goods. There is no other way to look at it than that.

I mean, today he trots out that Austin has been dealing with something since fall practice began...in a press conference in August, all he could say was Austin was locked in like never before.....

PRJ

PonderinHog

Heck, if CBB was w*****g more games, hawgon would be bringing him cookies and candy by the truckload!

jawhog

Steef, you said nothing in 5 pages. ARK should expect & demand better coaching for its dollars paid than what they received from this staff of coaches and the AD.

PossumFan

Quote from: jawhog on September 18, 2017, 09:10:07 pm
Steef, you said nothing in 5 pages. ARK should expect & demand better coaching for its dollars paid than what they received from this staff of coaches and the AD.

As Andy Dufresne asked warden Norton: "How can you be so obtuse?"

Hogs49ers

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 18, 2017, 09:04:01 pm
Heck, if CBB was w*****g more games, hawgon would be bringing him cookies and candy by the truckload!

I think you are right, and that is precisely the problem.  The point is that he should be treated with respect whether he is winning or losing.
SCREW Vandy!

soooieman

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:35:04 pm
He gets paid over 3 million dollars a year.  He'd be the first to tell you that the things you complain of are just the nature of the business.  OU fans slammed Switzer, winningest coach ever, after two 3 loss seasons.  Hog fans are awesome and continue to wildly support our team, when most fan bases would have quit years ago.  Hog fans have suffered ridiculous nonsense for decades.  You are WRONG.  Dead wrong.  Hog fans are awesome.   3.5 million a year and sadly in year five he has plainly failed.  He knows he failed.  Just how it is.
Last sentence of paragraph 5. Read it again. In other words don't bring that noise about his pay. It's still no excuse. Especially when he's near the bottom of the conference in market pay. Guess that point went over your head. HOGVILLE's reading comprehension level is Junior College at best.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 05:15:11 pm
I love how I am the "ignorant" and "miserable" one yet I have called no one any names or said anything beyond what every single person on this board was taught by their parents.  And that is simply that appearance counts...always. 

It would seem to me that the bitter and ignorant people are those who make sweeping judgments about those who different opinions than they do.  But of course, those opinions are t really different than what they know to be the truth.  They just don't want to hear it.

lol

You are certainly right that appearance counts. My parents did teach me that. They also taught me to say "Yes, m'am," "no, ma'am," "yes, sir," and "no, sir," regardless of the age of the person I was speaking to. And, they taught me that being a courteous and decent human being meant not sharing every negative thought I had about someone. Something about being a gentleman, I think.

Of course, I realize that in this day and age those are in precious short supply.

jvanhorn

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 17, 2017, 12:34:19 pm
The majority of the fanbase treat the Bielemas better than they treat their own neighbor. Hogville, radio callers, and social media nitwits aren't the majority. That's a fact.

You can't have this thread without it being about winning football games. That's why the anger that you are complaining about exists. It's the only reason. If we were 2-0 right now and had finished last season, you'd have nothing to say and no moral crusade to go on. Why? Because we'd be winning football games and the fans you're upset with would be Kool and the Gang.

I am not so sure about that.  I just got off an OU message board.  They are 3-0 and #3 in the nation, but you wouldn't know if from some the complaining and whining going on.

Shrevepork

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am
There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

But a lot of the fanbase is classless.
Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Comments about his attire... have nothing to do with football. Ditto.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.
And yes, we all know he's well paid.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

WELL SAID.

hawgon

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 18, 2017, 10:46:46 pm
You are certainly right that appearance counts. My parents did teach me that. They also taught me to say "Yes, m'am," "no, ma'am," "yes, sir," and "no, sir," regardless of the age of the person I was speaking to. And, they taught me that being a courteous and decent human being meant not sharing every negative thought I had about someone. Something about being a gentleman, I think.

Of course, I realize that in this day and age those are in precious short supply.

Then perhaps we should refrain from all discussions regarding coaches and their abilities because the point of his weight and his slovenly appearance is not to merely make fun of him, but to point out that it IS NOT separate from his coaching and that IT DOES have an effect on his ability as a coach. 

FineAsSwine

I hope they don't read this if we lose to A$M because the hate may approach Jump Ball levels from the past 2 seasons.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PonderinHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 19, 2017, 08:32:48 am
I hope they don't read this if we lose to A$M because the hate may approach Jump Ball levels from the past 2 seasons.
Yeah, it'll be borderline sadistic...

Steef

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 19, 2017, 08:32:48 am

That's what all these fancy mod buttons are for.

;)

Redhogs

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 18, 2017, 03:04:57 pm
Steef, what are you trying to get out of this? Trying to rally the troops for one last stand? Climb up that mountian one last time and take your last breath? People SHOULD leave his family out of it but Bret is another story. He has gained a ton of weight in 5 years, he continues to dress to not impress, his teams still show ill preparedness and sometimes lackadaisical effort. That is a pattern. I could explain the pattern to you but you are a smart enough guy that you know exactly what the pattern is.

Bret has for 5 years, let his mouth do his talking, his teams are consistently unprepared, they are consistently unmotivated. They take plays off, they tire in the second half of games. If you think certain elements of his lifestyle aren't creeping in to his coaching ability, well, you aren't that blind.

So what gives? You that invested in the man?

PRJ
Thank you.

Redhogs

Quote from: PossumFan on September 18, 2017, 08:54:09 pm
He said nothing of the sort. Question all you want, just keep it football-related and avoid the personal insults. Is that really too much to ask?
If i want your advice...I'll ask for it.

IronHog

There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

But a lot of the fanbase is classless.
Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Comments about his attire... have nothing to do with football. Ditto.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.
And yes, we all know he's well paid.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

Hot wife
Big meals
Power football

BB has done nothing but try to put UA football out there in a good light.

He's a pretty good coach that got into a job that's a bad fit.  I wish him nothing but the best.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 05:15:11 pm

lol

You are one of the best posters on Hogville.

But I can tell you as a guy that has like BB gained a ton of weight moving into middle age that it probably bothers him more than anyone.

You grow up on a farm, playing sports eating 6k calories a day.....next thing you know you are 40 and 300+

Now the difference is BB is the front man for a SEC football program.  I think he's burned out and fatigued.

BallHog1

Quote from: RebHog on September 18, 2017, 05:53:12 pm
As an Ozark Hillbilly alum I am offended by you sir!   ;) :D ;D
I have a couple of really good friends from Ozark, and they aren't the type of people I'm referring to. Great town.

hoghearted

Quote from: hogginbama on September 18, 2017, 04:05:45 pm
Hate to tell you this, but it crashed/burned a long time ago. He and the players are trying to rebuild from the ashes.

year five. Should be showing some progress. Where is it?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hoghearted

I agree, that we can point out the problems we see with the program, and critique the coach's performance without resorting to crass comments.

The same could be said about the conversations between posters. Moron, idiot, 'hillbilly', etc., are no less demeaning and ugly.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hawgon

Quote from: IronHog on September 19, 2017, 09:06:35 am

You are one of the best posters on Hogville.

But I can tell you as a guy that has like BB gained a ton of weight moving into middle age that it probably bothers him more than anyone.

You grow up on a farm, playing sports eating 6k calories a day.....next thing you know you are 40 and 300+

Now the difference is BB is the front man for a SEC football program.  I think he's burned out and fatigued.

I'll also say that you don't have access to a staff of dietitians, trainers, and millions of dollars worth of exercise equipment. 

I just don't get it.  He could have had a built in motivational tool by challenging the team to a fitness challenge over the summer.  They could have had daily weigh-ins with Bielema and Anderson and so on and so forth.  Losing weight would literally be the easiest thing he could do towards turning this whole mess around.

I'll agree that he is probably burned out.  Big weight gain saps your energy and your will power.  Tough challenges in life while already having enough money for three lifetimes makes it really hard to get motivated.  Having a baby for the first time at the age that lots of men are close to becoming or are already grandfathers is a psychological trip as well.

Most men work in order to support their families and provide for them.  If he never works another day, his family is more than secure.  His grandchildren are well off.  He has already reached the pinnacle of success.  There is no reason for him to succeed further.

It will take a really special kind of person not to just pack it in and spend as much time as he can with that new baby.  I probably would.  When he dies, he will not look back and wish he had spent one single second more at the practice facility.  But if he misses that first step of that baby...

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 19, 2017, 09:22:00 am
I'll also say that you don't have access to a staff of dietitians, trainers, and millions of dollars worth of exercise equipment. 

I just don't get it.  He could have had a built in motivational tool by challenging the team to a fitness challenge over the summer.  They could have had daily weigh-ins with Bielema and Anderson and so on and so forth.  Losing weight would literally be the easiest thing he could do towards turning this whole mess around.

I'll agree that he is probably burned out.  Big weight gain saps your energy and your will power.  Tough challenges in life while already having enough money for three lifetimes makes it really hard to get motivated.  Having a baby for the first time at the age that lots of men are close to becoming or are already grandfathers is a psychological trip as well.

Most men work in order to support their families and provide for them.  If he never works another day, his family is more than secure.  His grandchildren are well off.  He has already reached the pinnacle of success.  There is no reason for him to succeed further.

It will take a really special kind of person not to just pack it in and spend as much time as he can with that new baby.  I probably would.  When he dies, he will not look back and wish he had spent one single second more at the practice facility.  But if he misses that first step of that baby...

I have adequate resources to exercise and eat well.....but when your own young trophy wife becomes ill you end up burned out just trying to get through the day.

From my seat BB worked himself in the ground and needs a new start......he's done nothing to deserve hate from the fan base.

He's fat because he's TIRED.  Go do some TV Bret and recharge so you can enjoy your family

greenie

Thanks, Steef, for a great OP...and many followups.

PossumFan

Quote from: hawgon on September 19, 2017, 08:19:40 am
Then perhaps we should refrain from all discussions regarding coaches and their abilities because the point of his weight and his slovenly appearance is not to merely make fun of him, but to point out that it IS NOT separate from his coaching and that IT DOES have an effect on his ability as a coach.

So, overweight = lazy and incompetent? You're just full of negative stereotypes, aren't you?

Even if you were right, which you are not, just calling him "fat Bert" or saying "fire fatty" fails to convey that point.

hawgon

Quote from: PossumFan on September 19, 2017, 10:17:28 am
So, overweight = lazy and incompetent? You're just full of negative stereotypes, aren't you?

Even if you were right, which you were not, just calling him "fat Bert" or saying "fire fatty" fails to convey that point.

Ask anyone who is 150 to 200 pounds overweight if it has affected their day-to-day lives, their stamina, and their ability to perform at work or anything else.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:57:19 am
There's a difference between 'scream and complain' about the job he's doing....and insulting him personally.

Something Hogville never learns.

You need to stop painting with such a broad brush. I'm a loud complainer about his shortcomings of late in his professional endeavors...the ones for which even you note that he is "very well paid".

I don't go personal. I understand what you're saying in your OP, but we don't all go there.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 19, 2017, 10:19:24 am
Ask anyone who is 150 to 200 pounds overweight if it has affected their day-to-day lives, their stamina, and their ability to perform at work or anything else.
Go get a couple concrete blocks and strap them on your back and carry them around for a day and get back to us. (Not you)

My only concern with BB's weight is how it affects his health and that is really none of my business.

I may have slipped up once or twice and called him the Big Tuna or something along those lines, but I didn't have malice in my heart when I typed it.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 19, 2017, 12:26:25 pm
Go get a couple concrete blocks and strap them on your back and carry them around for a day and get back to us. (Not you)

My only concern with BB's weight is how it affects his health and that is really none of my business.

I may have slipped up once or twice and called him the Big Tuna or something along those lines, but I didn't have malice in my heart when I typed it.

Well then...you are forgiven my son...

PRJ

Michael D Huff AIA

The Razorback Nation should strive to support our coaches in every way possible....

...until the level of the product they oversee fails (or never becomes) competitive at the SEC level.  At that point it's time to warm up that coaching seat.

BUT AT NO TIME SHOULD A COACH'S FAMILY BECOME A TARGET BY THE FANBASE OR ANY OTHER FANBASE.  THAT'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE OUT OF BOUNDS. 

Even Corleone family from "The Godfather" won't go after women or children. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 02:28:32 pm
Well then...you are forgiven my son...

PRJ
Thanks, Guido!  What's  an indulgence cost these days?

AlmaHog2011

I sure hope fans stay classy. But we are now below Vandy in winning percentage???How about that? BB is not a good coach leave his weight and that crap out of the conversation.

HognitiveDissonance

Speaking of Jump Ball, the first thing the usual MA apologists (and to be fair, there are about a half dozen reliable members) always bring up at first sign of any CMA questioning/critiquing is 'What about football?' or 'What about Bielema?' or 'No one ever criticizes the football coach equally? Why is that?'

As if they never read MMQB.

After the mid-season meltdown against Mizzou, Vandy, and Ok St, obviously lots of people were calling in to complain about hoops. Yet one guy calls in to Rainwater one evening and says 'hey, let's talk about football. Let's be fair. Let's treat both programs equally'. Rainwater tried to tell him, it's not really football season right now, but the guy wasn't having it.

Yea, right. The football coach NEVER gets criticized. Ha Ha. Now, he's not only still being criticized, but now it's moved onto his wife, his weight, his apparel, etc and other things that have nothing to do with nothing. Yea, the football coach NEVER gets criticized.

The CMA fan club never ceases to amaze. Everyone always piling on poor Mike.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on September 20, 2017, 03:35:26 pm
Speaking of Jump Ball, the first thing the usual MA apologists (and to be fair, there are about a half dozen reliable members) always bring up at first sign of any CMA questioning/critiquing is 'What about football?' or 'What about Bielema?' or 'No one ever criticizes the football coach equally? Why is that?'

As if they never read MMQB.

After the mid-season meltdown against Mizzou, Vandy, and Ok St, obviously lots of people were calling in to complain about hoops. Yet one guy calls in to Rainwater one evening and says 'hey, let's talk about football. Let's be fair. Let's treat both programs equally'. Rainwater tried to tell him, it's not really football season right now, but the guy wasn't having it.

Yea, right. The football coach NEVER gets criticized. Ha Ha. Now, he's not only still being criticized, but now it's moved onto his wife, his weight, his apparel, etc and other things that have nothing to do with nothing. Yea, the football coach NEVER gets criticized.

The CMA fan club never ceases to amaze. Everyone always piling on poor Mike.

I Can't wait for basketball season cuz we're going to be good. 
Hogs up! Covid down!

TNRazorbacker

I agree. I like Bret Bielema. I like the way he's handled the program and the players and I think he is a genuine person (to a fault). He's done absolutely nothing to deserve the Nutt like vitriol.

I'd hoped he would make us a winner, but at minimum I felt he'd hand off a much healthier program than he inherited. Although I'm no longer confident on the winning I still am about the handoff. When it comes time for Bret to go I'll wish him well and be excited for what comes next.

buldozer

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon.

This is just wishful thinking in the short term I'm afraid.... but one can dream!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 20, 2017, 08:34:32 pm
I Can't wait for basketball season cuz we're going to be good.
I'm always ready for basketball.
The UA is a basketball school first, according to my expectations. More potential for SEC and national success.
I've had that thought for 35 years and I don't see it changing soon.