Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis Kirk just picked Devin White to Ark

Started by JackJohnson, July 24, 2015, 05:52:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

navyhog24

He then transferred to OU after his freshman season and then dropped out at OU and was never heard from again. We didn't miss anything with him at all

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

redeye

Quote from: go hogues on July 25, 2015, 08:49:42 pm
Petrino was the coach I think

You may be thinking of Lonnie Gosha.  He was a highly recruited DT from Florida, who we signed in the 2011 class. Seems like he got homesick and left, but I may be wrong about the reason.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: redeye on July 25, 2015, 11:57:15 pm
You may be thinking of Lonnie Gosha.  He was a highly recruited DT from Florida, who we signed in the 2011 class. Seems like he got homesick and left, but I may be wrong about the reason.
Think he was from LA. He felt like a big recruit but left a week into fall.

redeye

ldfergu

Gosha is who I was thinking.  I believe he was Petrino era

JaketheSnake

July 26, 2015, 08:28:36 am #56 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:15:47 am by JaketheSnake
Quote from: redeye on July 26, 2015, 12:28:44 am
Gosha?  He was from Florida.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Lonnie-Gosha-102479

Sorry, I had to look up who thinking about.  LaCraig Brown was who I was remembering. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 26, 2015, 06:46:41 am
Gosha is who I was thinking.  I believe he was Petrino era

Yeah he was a big time recruit who ended up saying he was home sick but ended up at like Troy I think

secneahog

Lacraig brown was from Al.
Calvin Barnett from Ok.
Big Tex....
Jeremiah Jackson Al.

Only two dline guys that ever played was byran Jones and Chris smith

The 2010 class was a epic bad class.  That's on the hc.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JaketheSnake

Brown was from Monroe, LA.  I just looked it up
Quote from: secneahog on July 26, 2015, 08:55:54 am
Calvin Barnett from Ok.
Big Tex....
Jeremiah Jackson Al.

codeHog

redeye

Quote from: JaketheSnake on July 26, 2015, 08:28:36 am
Sorry, I had to look up who thinking about.  LaCraig Brown was who I was remembering.

Ah, okay.  I'd chosen to forget about him.

Oklahawg

Rivals website is useful for at least one thing - it tracks all players who sign LOIs, by class, back to 2002 (I think). Easy to go find accurate data.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hollywood hog

Quote from: secneahog on July 26, 2015, 08:55:54 am
Calvin Barnett from Ok.
Big Tex....
Jeremiah Jackson Al.

"I, I don't remember where Tex come from"

jb11

ARtillahog

Huds_HawgTide

Looks as though white will be visiting for 4 days at end of week
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

sowmonella

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 28, 2015, 10:31:40 pm

Fantastic news.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Vantage 8 dude

I would say that's NOT exactly a casual visit.  :razorback: :D ;D :)

whosiskid

Recruits simply do not visit for 4 days. Ever. If he is staying for four days, that simply screams how serious he is about evaluating how he would fit in at Arkansas. He isn't simply adding Arkansas to a list of possible destinations to increase the number of hats on a table. He clearly is thinking very seriously about playing at Arkansas. If I were Ole Miss or LSU or even Alabama, I would be worried as heck about this visit. I would think that our coaches will have a very good idea about whether he was going to attend Arkansas at the end of his stay. If he is a silent commit we would likely slow down recruiting running backs. If he is not planning on coming to Arkansas we will increase our search elsewhere for running backs.

Just outstanding news.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

COCHISE

Quote from: whosiskid on July 28, 2015, 10:58:37 pm
If he is a silent commit we would likely slow down recruiting running backs.
I hope not.

duckman

Combine that with his no show at LSU last weekend can't believe bad

greenie

Quote from: duckman on July 28, 2015, 11:27:53 pm

I'm with you, duck.  But like a fool, I get nervous when I see crystal ball picks for LSU...he had two of those today.  Let's hope this 4-day visit makes a great impression.

redeye

Quote from: duckman on July 28, 2015, 11:27:53 pm

Although I mentioned this earlier, I'm not quite sure if that was last weekend or this coming weekend.

Quote from: greenie on July 29, 2015, 12:13:33 am
I'm with you, duck.  But like a fool, I get nervous when I see crystal ball picks for LSU...he had two of those today.  Let's hope this 4-day visit makes a great impression.

One from a Rutgers guy and the other from a Florida guy.  I read some LSU message boards tonight and they seem to believe Otis is right (i.e. that he's down to Arkansas and Alabama).  He's a major target for them, so they're a little shocked.  This is the first time I can remember that happening.  It's like A&M stealing Speedy Noil or Alabama with Cam Robinson.

There was also some talk about LSU losing some control over Louisiana players, which I mentioned several times last year.  However, whatever they're losing in Louisiana, they're probably make up for them in Texas.

ZERO

I remember seeing something about July 30. Is that when he's visiting, or announcing?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

navyhog24

Quote from: whosiskid on July 28, 2015, 10:58:37 pm
Recruits simply do not visit for 4 days. Ever. If he is staying for four days, that simply screams how serious he is about evaluating how he would fit in at Arkansas. He isn't simply adding Arkansas to a list of possible destinations to increase the number of hats on a table. He clearly is thinking very seriously about playing at Arkansas. If I were Ole Miss or LSU or even Alabama, I would be worried as heck about this visit. I would think that our coaches will have a very good idea about whether he was going to attend Arkansas at the end of his stay. If he is a silent commit we would likely slow down recruiting running backs. If he is not planning on coming to Arkansas we will increase our search elsewhere for running backs.

Just outstanding news.

You can't stop recruiting other rb's even if we do get White. We need depth especially if Alex is gonna go pro, to which I wouldn't blame him if he left after this season. We don't know if TJ Hammonds was recruited as a rb or an athlete. So, they'd have to recruit another rb even if we do get white.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: ZERO on July 29, 2015, 07:03:19 am
I remember seeing something about July 30. Is that when he's visiting, or announcing?

He never specified what that date meant. He just tweeted it with some eyeball emojis.

LAHOG1962

It would be epic for the hogs to pull 2 players out of Louisiana that LSU really wanted . We are recruiting at a higher level than I can remember.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: navyhog24 on July 29, 2015, 07:15:49 am
You can't stop recruiting other rb's even if we do get White. We need depth especially if Alex is gonna go pro, to which I wouldn't blame him if he left after this season. We don't know if TJ Hammonds was recruited as a rb or an athlete. So, they'd have to recruit another rb even if we do get white.

If we get White, it allows to put the full court press on Whaley with Crockett as a fall back option.

Wildhog

Outstanding news.

It's not THAT uncommon for a recruit to visit somewhere for four days, but it's definitely encouraging.

And like has been said, getting White doesn't mean we stop recruiting other RB's.  We still need another one.

But man, getting White would be huge.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 29, 2015, 08:32:39 am
He never specified what that date meant. He just tweeted it with some eyeball emojis.

Whatever he meant, it's the date his visit to Arkansas begins.

redeye

Quote from: redeye on July 29, 2015, 02:01:17 am
There was also some talk about LSU losing some control over Louisiana players, which I mentioned several times last year.  However, whatever they're losing in Louisiana, they're probably make up for them in Texas.

Speaking of which, this is probably a good reason to recruit Texas hard.  LSU and A&M both concentrate on Houston, Dallas, Eastern Texas and Louisiana.  Any recruits we take from them is like killing 2 birds with one stone and those areas are mostly our natural recruiting grounds, also.  LSU really wants Briston Guidry and Devin White, while A&M really wants Kellen Diesch and Tyrie Cleveland, so getting those players would give us a big leg up on both.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 28, 2015, 10:57:05 pm
I would say that's NOT exactly a casual visit.  :razorback: :D ;D :)

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here . . . and I have no inside knowledge from either side.  But let's all remember that Jared Cornelius is his cousin, and this isn't the first time White has come up and spent a few days with his cuz on campus.  Certainly, when I was that age, if I had a friend/relative playing ball at a big-time football school, I'd have taken the trip to visit him a few times.

Just trying to keep it real.  It certainly is NOT a negative that he'll be here.  But it's hard to know for sure what it means, given Cornelius being here also.

The_Hog_Father

I hate this for Us... It is now being reported that White will NOT visit. >:( :puke:

ARtillahog

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 29, 2015, 03:13:27 pm
I hate this for Us... It is now being reported that White will NOT visit. >:( :puke:
Yep, read the same article.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Oklahawg

Family vacation.

Not exactly canceling to go find a paper bag under a bridge somewhere, leading you to commit there.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 29, 2015, 03:05:59 pm
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here . . . and I have no inside knowledge from either side.  But let's all remember that Jared Cornelius is his cousin, and this isn't the first time White has come up and spent a few days with his cuz on campus.  Certainly, when I was that age, if I had a friend/relative playing ball at a big-time football school, I'd have taken the trip to visit him a few times.

Just trying to keep it real.  It certainly is NOT a negative that he'll be here.  But it's hard to know for sure what it means, given Cornelius being here also.
I understand what you mean, but it's too difficult to get inside the mind of an 18 year old and to know the bond he has with his cousin. I could just as easily say that a school would be tops on my list if I had a friend/relative playing there.

Arkansasno1

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 30, 2015, 11:03:45 pm
Family vacation.

Not exactly canceling to go find a paper bag under a bridge somewhere, leading you to commit there.
Wasn't that a Fitz Hill trick if I remember the story right?
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

duckman

Dominicanhog

duckman

Not this weekend, and the July 30th he put out a while back was about his family vacation.

JackJohnson

Quote from: duckman on July 31, 2015, 08:56:29 am
Not this weekend, and the July 30th he put out a while back was about his family vacation.

so I guess this is where the confusion comes in.  if he had a family vacation scheduled all along and was never coming here- where did Rivals, 247 and Scout recruiting writers all come up with the misinformation of him taking a visit here for 4 days come from?  They all independently confirmed this at different times...

ifghog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 31, 2015, 09:23:12 am
so I guess this is where the confusion comes in.  if he had a family vacation scheduled all along and was never coming here- where did Rivals, 247 and Scout recruiting writers all come up with the misinformation of him taking a visit here for 4 days come from?  They all independently confirmed this at different times...
I just think they were all trolled.

WooPig90

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 31, 2015, 09:23:12 am

Apparently some writer from Louisiana was telling others that White was going to visit this weekend but it was never the case. So yes he trolled everyone

Music City Hog

Quote from: ifghog on July 31, 2015, 09:28:44 am
I just think they were all trolled.

Yes, Trey used that exact word on the radio and said he was trolled.   He got bad info and then everyone just ran with it.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

duckman

JackJohnson

not sure I find it too comforting that our recruiting writers are getting trolled on our biggest/most important recruit.  gives me that dgb/solly Thomas feeling

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: duckman on July 31, 2015, 10:21:17 am
This
i just asked him on facebook. He said he still hasn't decided, loves the Hogs, and already has a black hog to put on that white Challenger if he goes to the Hogs. Will be back to Fayetteville "most definitely" here soon. stay calm.
@Slackaveli