Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Stevenson

Started by Scott7703, July 23, 2015, 09:23:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MissippHog

So RD says no and Dudley says we're in the mix.  We need a tie-breaker here.......Otis?

sickboy

Quote from: MissippHog on July 25, 2015, 12:11:13 am
So RD says no and Dudley says we're in the mix.  We need a tie-breaker here.......Otis?

RD said unless something changes he wouldn't be a hog. He didn't say we weren't in the conversation for his services. I don't think what he said contradicts with Dudley.

Danimal

Quote from: sickboy on July 25, 2015, 12:21:45 am
RD said unless something changes he wouldn't be a hog. He didn't say we weren't in the conversation for his services. I don't think what he said contradicts with Dudley.
This. Sounds like it's become a "We don't want to miss out on this other player, so we need to know what your plans are" type situation.

Music City Hog

He's down to Nebraska and Alabama.  He prefers Nebraska and mom prefers bama.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 25, 2015, 07:16:23 pm

Mom understands business better, plus it's warmer where Bama plays. Looks like RD knew something.

ADavisTheGOAT

Let's hope he picks Bama.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

redeye

secneahog

Rooting for bama on this one.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

31to6

Quote from: secneahog on July 25, 2015, 07:33:39 pm
Rooting for bama on this one.
Screw those guys. I hope he picks Nebraska.

JIHawg

Why would Bama have a schollie available, when they oversign every year and have weeding out to do.  Being a top five recruiting class year after year, its hard to imagine they need and have a slot for a rb.

RazorWhacker

Bama can use a scholarship on him for 2016. He just couldn't play this fall. If they're offering that, it makes me wonder if they don't like their chances with Devin White.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: 31to6 on July 25, 2015, 09:02:02 pm
Screw those guys. I hope he picks Nebraska.
Obviously you don't understand.  He picks Bama, depth chart gets filled up, Arkansas has a better chance with Devin White

lefty08

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on July 25, 2015, 09:42:15 pm
Obviously you don't understand.  He picks Bama, depth chart gets filled up, Arkansas has a better chance with Devin White

Arkansas leads for Devin either way
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

31to6

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on July 25, 2015, 09:42:15 pm
I do understand.

I just don't think the possibility that it has a marginal impact on Devin White's recruitment is nearly as important of a consideration as the guaranteed downside of Alabama having another top RB to start grooming right away.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: 31to6 on July 25, 2015, 10:10:40 pm
I do understand.

I just don't think the possibility that it has a marginal impact on Devin White's recruitment is nearly as important of a consideration as the guaranteed downside of Alabama having another top RB to start grooming right away.

Stevenson may very well be a great one, however no one on our defense is gonna regret tackling him the next day...white is a freight train...he is a bo jackson, hershel walker type back
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 25, 2015, 11:16:12 pm
Stevenson may very well be a great one, however no one on our defense is gonna regret tackling him the next day...white is a freight train...he is a bo jackson, hershel walker type back

Pump the brakes there fella. Bo? No.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Huds_HawgTide

At this stage in his life...his speed and raw power and athleticism is on bo's level absolutely
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Doesnt however mean that is what he will turn out...
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

One of the recruiting analyst said in his opinion he isbthe number 1 running back in the country and also the number 1 linebacker
tommy boy

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 25, 2015, 07:16:23 pm
Speaking of business, Nebraska has a better business school than Alabama.  It also is much more similar to Wisconsin in academic and school climate.  Other than the brutal winters, I would go to Nebraska over Alabama any day, if we are talking about the college experience.  Quality of the football program?  Alabama in a heartbeat.

hardtimes79

Bama insiders seem to think Nebraska has him
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

ArkansasI

1. Why are Razorback fans discussing Stevenson and White as mutually exclusive recruits?

2. Why is Stevenson down to Nebraska and Alabama?  Nebraska is digging out of the Pelini departure. Alabama has like 18 5-star running backs already on its roster.

If we want this guy, we should go get him.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 27, 2015, 09:51:40 am
According to this report Saban is definitely interested.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/26/nick-saban-personally-wooing-4-star-rb-denied-wisconsin-admission/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

I still don't understand why if we had pursued this kid it would hurt us with White (or Whaley) when he would be the ONLY 4* back on our roster (assuming Collins leaves) when White (and Whaley) got here. 

Bama and LSU both will have 1 5* and 4 4*'s on campus when/if White went there.  If Bama gets this kid, that would be 1 5* and 5 4*'s- and I am not counting Henry.  In other words they each will have more 4 and 5* RB's  on the roster then we will have scholarship RB's period

MissippHog

Are we officially not in the running for Stevenson?

BigSexyHog

Why is a 2.4 GPA a issue with yall?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ricepig

ricepig

WooPig90

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 27, 2015, 09:51:40 am
According to this report Saban is definitely interested.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/26/nick-saban-personally-wooing-4-star-rb-denied-wisconsin-admission/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Saban now knows he has to impact Arkansas' recruiting as much as possible. That means not only is he having to worry about Bama He is having to worry about us too... Win, win...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2015, 01:32:25 pm
He chooses Nebraska.

Not surprising. He probably would have been asked to gray shirt at Bama while he could possibly play immediately at Nebraska.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 30, 2015, 04:18:42 pm
Not surprising. He probably would have been asked to gray shirt at Bama while he could possibly play immediately at Nebraska.

What makes you think he would have been asked to grey shirt at Bama?

Not saying he wouldn't, because I don't know what their scholarship situation is.  Just curious where you heard that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

greenie

Quote from: GuvHog on July 30, 2015, 04:18:42 pm

Now he'll get to punish Wisky for their mistake.