Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Stevenson

Started by Scott7703, July 23, 2015, 09:23:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

You guys saying don't go for him in fear of losing February prospects are crazy. Stockpile talent the way other schools do, and let BB figure out how to use them all
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

WaltonCollege

I don't think our coaches are interested, I guess he never really showed any interest in being a hog so the coaches aren't trying, just my GUESS
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/jordan-stevenson-sec-interest-2015/

duckman

The big deal to me is Stevenson would be here THIS year, would be nice....

outlawhogeywells

I would say I would not put to much stock into what that article says. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WaltonCollege on July 24, 2015, 01:53:15 pm
I don't think our coaches are interested, I guess he never really showed any interest in being a hog so the coaches aren't trying, just my GUESS
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/jordan-stevenson-sec-interest-2015/
While I realize 'Bama is always "stockpiling" talent, with who they already have on campus AND who they've already got committed for '16 to think they'd go after yet ANOTHER RB is just crazy! Think that would help them further with D. White!? ???

Scott7703

I would think Arkansas would be as good a situation for Stevenson as any. Can't imagine bama being a true player.

The Recruiting Guy

Unless something changes he's not coming to Arkansas.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 24, 2015, 02:11:30 pm

Our choice or his?

secneahog

Bingo.  White & Whaley.  I know were going to stay on guys were comfortable with.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Scott7703

That's pretty plain from RD. There are other media guys who say the hogs are "very" involved.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 24, 2015, 02:22:52 pm
That's pretty plain from RD. There are other media guys who say the hogs are "very" involved.

Even Wisconsin guys are saying we're gonna be involved. Weird

NLRHog92

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2015, 02:21:29 pm
Bingo.  White & Whaley.  I know were going to stay on guys were comfortable with.

You don't know crap man, your posts are awful.

JackJohnson

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 24, 2015, 02:24:11 pm

Second. Kind of an "I know everything. I'm smarter than you so stop posting about stuff I disagree with" vibe

JIHawg

Consider that one remaining scholarship may be already silently committed.  We may be full.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: JIHawg on July 24, 2015, 02:42:21 pm
Consider that one remaining scholarship may be already silently committed.  We may be full.
He is a 2015 guy...

JackJohnson

Quote from: JIHawg on July 24, 2015, 02:42:21 pm

??  Stevenson is a 2015 kid that would enroll next month to fill the 25th spot we didn't use in Feb- which is the only positive to holding that scholarship to begin with. 

I doubt there is anyone else out there even remotely as good as he is that would be enrolling here in the next 2-3 weeks when school starts as I haven't heard of any other situations like his recently from high profile recruits

duckman

If he is available it is hard to not take him, but is he Uncommon?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 24, 2015, 02:46:33 pm
??  Stevenson is a 2015 kid that would enroll next month to fill the 25th spot we didn't use in Feb- which is the only positive to holding that scholarship to begin with. 

I doubt there is anyone else out there even remotely as good as he is that would be enrolling here in the next 2-3 weeks when school starts as I haven't heard of any other situations like his recently from high profile recruits

Your post is Uncomma.
[CENSORED]!

Oklahawg

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 24, 2015, 02:39:56 pm
Second. Kind of an "I know everything. I'm smarter than you so stop posting about stuff I disagree with" vibe

No different than 5-6 other regulars around here.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: duckman on July 24, 2015, 02:51:39 pm
If he is available it is hard to not take him, but is he Uncommon?

I haven't seen too many recruits with that many tats before so I'd say he isn't too common.

Oklahawg

You get talent that can help you any time it is available. We have a scholarship - it can be used for a mid-term guy or a fall guy. 5-8 x 210 (and I'm betting that 210 is holding a sammich and a jug of milk, he looks much lighter than that) might be a bit lit in the britches for what CBB is looking for. Certainly, the RBs we are targeting, committing, etc, are bigger guys. (210 isn't small...5-8 is pretty small)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Hog_Father

July 24, 2015, 03:03:30 pm #124 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:28:00 pm by Pigs in Zen

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 24, 2015, 02:39:56 pm

This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but I can't disagree.

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 24, 2015, 02:22:52 pm

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 24, 2015, 02:24:07 pm
Even Wisconsin guys are saying we're gonna be involved. Weird

No matter what, the next week should be very interesting... And remember, Jemal Singleton recruited Jordan when he was at OK State, so there is a previous relationship. Pitman and Our former RB Coach Joel Thomas were the recruiters for us. So, unless this kid has done something to disqualify himself from a personality/social media aspect, We should be recruiting him hard. I could be wrong, but I don't see every school on his interest list having a scholarship just waiting for him right now-- though I don't have time to research that-- I could be wrong. No matter what, we need a kid like this with his skill sets.

Now... On another note, Whaley extended his visit to watch the weight lifting/team bonding last night as well. From everything that I've read, he had a great visit and CBB, C. Singleton and C. Jennings have done an outstanding job recruiting him.

At least we are getting some up-trending news and not the negative news that is unfortunately swimming around Our Basketball Program.

The next week will be really interesting...

Wooo Pig.  :razorback:

thebignasty

Looks good on tape. Appreciate a guy who is a burner who gets north and south like does.

WooPig90

Danny West said as of last night he was told that he would be discusssed at today's staff meeting. FWIW

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 24, 2015, 07:32:42 am
Doesn't it say in the 24/7 article above he was a full qualifier?

It may have, I'd have to go back and look.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: jry04 on July 24, 2015, 07:47:53 am
Huh? He is well above the required ACT to get into the U of A. His GPA isn't great, but his ACT is pretty good compared to most athletes. He will be accepted if he chooses to come here. You can get into the U of A with an 18, but have to take some remedial courses.

I didn't know that the min was and 18. I'm all in if he qualifies - we need a top RB (or two) in this class. Still don't understand why every highly rated back isn't beating down our door with the O-lines we are putting on the field. Hopefully that will change when we get some more wins this season (hopefully some major "upsets")
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 24, 2015, 03:32:17 pm
I didn't know that the min was and 18. I'm all in if he qualifies - we need a top RB (or two) in this class. Still don't understand why every highly rated back isn't beating down our door with the O-lines we are putting on the field. Hopefully that will change when we get some more wins this season (hopefully some major "upsets")

Just to be clear, Stevenson is already an NCAA qualifier and would qualify here... No "If". Copy that? I just want this put to bed before other posters misunderstand.

I certainly agree with the rest of your post though... Just trying to help since you've mentioned this more than once and another poster gave you the right information.

"Reply #36 on: Today at 07:28:04 am »

Per a comment, "2.4 GPA 22 ACT per Ryan" (the writer of the article).... take it for what it's worth. If true, he's headed to JUCO with those numbers?"

Again, not headed to JuCo and is an NCAA qualifier and Wisconsin has higher standards. (for posters just reading about this...)

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 24, 2015, 03:39:43 pm
Just to be clear, Stevenson is already an NCAA qualifier and would qualify here... No "If". Copy that? I just want this put to bed before other posters misunderstand.

I certainly agree with the rest of your post though... Just trying to help since you've mentioned this more than once.

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

Got it. Read the article first thing this morning before my second 5 hour energy and then had to get to the office. Saw the comment below the article and put it out there. After reading a few more posts, sounds like he counts toward the 2015 class also, which would still allow us to take White or some other highly rated RB.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 24, 2015, 03:46:11 pm
Got it. Read the article first thing this morning before my second 5 hour energy and then had to get to the office. Saw the comment below the article and put it out there. After reading a few more posts, sounds like he counts toward the 2015 class also, which would still allow us to take White or some other highly rated RB.

Yes Sir, exactly! That is why I got so excited. Just trying to help, no malice... Cheers and Wooo Pig! :)

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 24, 2015, 03:48:16 pm
Yes Sir, exactly! That is why I got so excited. Just trying to help, no malice... Cheers and Wooo Pig! :)

I hear ya. I appreciate it.

scooby21322

I learned awhile ago not to get too excited about the rumors until RD has weighed in.  Can anyone remember getting a big recruit that RD didn't alert us to first?

WriterWrong

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 24, 2015, 02:55:14 pm
Your post is Uncomma.

I thought this was such a clever post I had to applaud you. Except, I accidentally hit smite instead  :'( I apologize and will applaud you twice over to make up for the blunder. My sincere apologies.

But, great post.

secneahog

Maybe yours would be crap also if you had more then 900 posts Mr. North north little rock.

Since I felt it would be  strange for our staff to jump into the mix with a outside name guy?

I feel like this staff will let it be known when their on someone hard. It's apparent this staff has Devin White #1.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

sickboy

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2015, 04:26:00 pm
Maybe yours would be crap also if you had more then 900 posts Mr. North north little rock.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

jry04

Since I felt it would be  strange for our staff to jump into the mix with a outside name guy?

I feel like this staff will let it be known when their on someone hard. It's apparent this staff has Devin White #1.
He isn't really an outside named guy. We offered him a scholarship and recruited him when he was uncommitted. Singleton also got him to visit OK State, and now Singleton is our RB coach. We are a major program, who runs the ball, and we happen to have a scholarship available. I would be willing to bet that a lot of schools he was being recruited by do not have an available spot for 2015.

greenie

Quote from: sickboy on July 24, 2015, 04:31:40 pm
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

^^^One of my favorites from Pres. Lincoln.  Another analog I've heard (but don't remember the origin): "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

CFB_Fanatic

If so, and assuming the kid is a clean cut kid, that is absolutely retarded. A bird in the hand is worth 3 in the bush, especially in recruiting, where things can change EVERY second all the way until NSD.

Plus its not like the kid is a scrub. Looking at a highlight video he's a beast. We may get neither of White or Whaley, then this kid goes somewhere else and we are left with our pants down. Doesnt sound too fun to me.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 24, 2015, 05:36:55 pm
If so, and assuming the kid is a clean cut kid, that is absolutely retarded. A bird in the hand is worth 3 in the bush, especially in recruiting, where things can change EVERY second all the way until NSD.

Plus its not like the kid is a scrub. Looking at a highlight video he's a beast. We may get neither of White or Whaley, then this kid goes somewhere else and we are left with our pants down. Doesnt sound too fun to me.

Richard is privvy to more info than fans. On top of that the staff is privvy to more info than Richard. Kid could have been told come but our plan is to redshirt you and kid doesn't want that. Coaches may know full well why kid could not get on campus and that may affect their decision whether to approach this or not. This is not a win at all costs staff. They are thorough they are methodical they have a plan and stick to it. To call it retarded if they don't go after the guy is just retarded.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

redeye

Quote from: scooby21322 on July 24, 2015, 04:04:56 pm
I learned awhile ago not to get too excited about the rumors until RD has weighed in.  Can anyone remember getting a big recruit that RD didn't alert us to first?

I don't know about "big", but there have been a few.  However, I can't think of anyone whom I'd trust more then RD.  When he said it's not happening, unless something changes, I'm sure he has a good reason.  Might be that our coaches have yet to speak with Stevenson, but that could be the something that changes.  Still, I think it would be wise to not get our hopes up.

One way or another, we'll get a good RB.  I don't think anyone was expecting Stevenson to suddenly become an option and he appeared at a time when some of us were lamenting our options.  Others will eventually appear on our radar, even if they're not needed.

NLRHog92

July 24, 2015, 07:39:56 pm #142 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:05:24 pm by NLRHog92

How does that have anything to do with it? Just because I don't spout my mouth off unnecessarily doesn't mean jack about jack. That may be the single worse argument I've ever heard, and just reiterates my initial post...

If we've offered and our RB coach had a prior relationship with him, how is he outside? And obviously Devin White is #1, but that doesn't mean he's coming here and we won't find that out for awhile. This kid has to make a decision in 2 weeks time.

secneahog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 24, 2015, 07:39:56 pm
How does that have anything to do with it? Just because I don't spout my mouth of unless unnecessarily doesn't mean jack about jack. That may be the single worse argument I've ever heard, and just reiterates my initial post...

If we've offered and our RB coach had a prior relationship with him, how is he outside? And obviously Devin White is #1, but that doesn't mean he's coming here and we won't find that out for awhile. This kid has to make a decision in 2 weeks time.

Learn our staff. A lot has happend in rb recruiting since Joel Thomas was here. RD backed up my thpughts.

The_Hog_Father

July 24, 2015, 08:03:21 pm #144 Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:49:04 am by Pigs in Zen
Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2015, 07:48:43 pm

Learn our staff. A lot has happend in rb recruiting since Joel Thomas was here. RD backed up my thpughts.

Seriously... Are you the paragon of recruiting, you are reading between the lines like the rest of us. Our running backs Coach recruited this kid to no end, there is a relationship there... Not saying it will go our way, but just take a breathe and enjoy the process. We are in a special time... Enjoy it sir.

Wool Pig!!!  :razorback:

RazorWhacker

Mods,

Can we please have a Petty Arguments Forum so these whizzing contests have a place and we can read about recruiting in the recruiting forum.

Thanks.

NLRHog92

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2015, 07:48:43 pm

I know just as much about the staff as yourself, unless you've got some kind of first hand knowledge (which I'm assuming you don't because your posts don't back that up.) Again, that argument doesn't have anything to do with what was being discussed. You can't deny that our coaches had previous interest, or maybe you're the one that needs to learn more bout the staff... It was even stated above that the coaches would discuss the matter in a meeting. RD may have spoken to the kid and there may not be interest, and that's fine. It would be a mistake on his part considering the opportunity at playing time after this season. If he is gungho about playing this season, he has another thing coming. Not long until fall camp, and he hasn't picked a school, let alone gotten settled into the school and learned the playbook. But again, the coaches are discussing this, and unless you can tell the future, your post are premature.

The_Hog_Father

Everyone loves RD... But recruiting is very fluid and with this staff, inside information is hard to come by... And because of this I don't want to be disrespectful if others who are working hard to get us info. I just want to enjoy the next week, it's going to be insane y'all!!

Hawgzinbowlz