Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kellen Diesch commits

Started by ricepig, June 14, 2015, 04:50:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Welcome to Hog Nation Kellen!

mhuff

Quote from: OGR69 on June 14, 2015, 07:14:24 pm
lol-no not a secret.  My son plays on the OL with Kellen (now-Kellen used to play defense and they went against each other). Kellen got moved to LT this spring-mine got moved from C to RT last year.  Has dreamed of playing on the Hill, but can not control ht.  Has offers at smaller (non Power 5-Sun Belt, AAC, Conf USA, WAC) right now, but there are 2 P5 schools we just camped at that are looking hard at him for C-so we shall see and keep our fingers crossed.  Will be on the hill on the 20th.
Kellen is a great kid and a hard worker.  My son is tickled to death he is going to the Hogs-we have been pushing the Hogs on him for 2 years (even before they started recruiting him).  Very athletic and can see another 25-30 lbs on him easy. 

Good job..... Proud for your son.

secneahog

Boom.  :razorback:

I see him getting a bump on stars during his senior season.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: OGR69 on June 14, 2015, 07:14:24 pm
lol-no not a secret.  My son plays on the OL with Kellen (now-Kellen used to play defense and they went against each other). Kellen got moved to LT this spring-mine got moved from C to RT last year.  Has dreamed of playing on the Hill, but can not control ht.  Has offers at smaller (non Power 5-Sun Belt, AAC, Conf USA, WAC) right now, but there are 2 P5 schools we just camped at that are looking hard at him for C-so we shall see and keep our fingers crossed.  Will be on the hill on the 20th.
Kellen is a great kid and a hard worker.  My son is tickled to death he is going to the Hogs-we have been pushing the Hogs on him for 2 years (even before they started recruiting him).  Very athletic and can see another 25-30 lbs on him easy. 
Thank you for the response and best of luck to your son.

rzrbk4life

Welcome aboard Mr Diesch! Great pick up!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on June 14, 2015, 07:52:01 pm
Thank you for the response and best of luck to your son.

I didn't know the name, so I couldn't post it. I just remember Dad posting about both of them.

SamBuckhart

Congratulations Kellen. Cant wait to see you play.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on June 14, 2015, 06:18:10 pm
This is the reason why i trust coaches evaluation over stars. 20+ offers from major schools and a 3 star.

But he'll be a much better player if he is given another star or two. 

Hog N Bama

Welcome aboard Kellen. Glad you are a HOG young man! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

OGR69

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 08:25:30 pm
I didn't know the name, so I couldn't post it. I just remember Dad posting about both of them.
Justin Self-he is a 2 star (size I guess).  They have him at RT instead of center because of injuries on last years team.  Hoped he would move back, but coach told him no way.
He and CSP stay in touch weekly-been to camps up there for 8 yrs-told him to make sure he was at camp on 6/20.

Attila the Hog

This one gives me goose bumps!   WPS!!

welchog

June 14, 2015, 09:11:31 pm #61 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:09:42 pm by welchog
I would put it this way:

There IS a direct correlation between recruiting and wins/championships.

There IS NOT a direct causation between recruiting and wins/championships.

beagleman01

if you cant hang with the big dawgs you better stay on the porch

Justifiable Hogicide

WBC Hog

With initials like those, he's destined to be great! Welcome KD

TejasPete

OGR69 - is your son considering any of the service academies? Saw them on his offer sheet would be a hell of an opportunity if he doesn't get the P5 offers he wants. Best of luck in wherever your son goes, I'm sure this is an exciting time for your family.

OGR69

Yes he is.  Navy is one of the top schools. 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: OGR69 on June 15, 2015, 07:27:04 am

Have you met coach Niumatalolo?  I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Wildhog

WPS!

Pittman continues to be a boss.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ifghog

Welcome aboard Kellen! WPS!!!!

RazorPiggie

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

flagstaffhog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on June 15, 2015, 08:25:01 am
Have you met coach Niumatalolo?  I've heard nothing but good things about him.

World class education, in my opinion,  at any of the U.S. service academies....
Go HOGS Go!

hawgmasta

A big athletic OL with an offer sheet that's in pages? Yep. Sounds like a Sam Pittman recruit.

Paul

We must keep Pittman at all costs!  Congrats Kellen!

STLhawg

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on June 14, 2015, 06:18:10 pm
This is the reason why i trust coaches evaluation over stars. 20+ offers from major schools and a 3 star.
Yeah with Kellen Diesch having so many quality offers, how is he just a 3-star?  Yet the Royce Newman (who just committed to Mizzou) has only offers from Missouri, Eastern Illinois, Illinois State, N.C. State, and Southern Illinois, and he is supposedly a 4-star?  That doesn't add up!

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

hawgfan4life

Cant go wrong at any academy.  I have been to two of them, know graduates from each, and have attended various events.  Each has its own strengths.  I am a West Point fan first but love each.  Thanks to each young person that goes there and then serves our nation for a minimum of five years active duty.

LJHOG

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 04:50:15 pm
I'm officially committing to the University  of Arkansas! #wps #sec http://t.co/C2Wh0tDXtA
All right another top-notch OL prospect.  Coach B and Sam are building something special up there in them hills.

hogfan14

Saw where he's at A&M today after they lost an OL commit. Should we be worried?

lefty08

Quote from: hogfan14 on July 23, 2015, 04:37:20 pm
Saw where he's at A&M today after they lost an OL commit. Should we be worried?
I don't think so. He had an offer from there when he committed
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

JackJohnson

Quote from: lefty08 on July 23, 2015, 05:14:55 pm
I don't think so. He had an offer from there when he committed

anytime a kid drives several hours to visit a school that he is not committed to I don't think I would ever feel comfortable about it.  and the fact that Little was committed to A&M and now is not could have played a role in his interest in them or vice versa.

all that being said- I have not seen anything where he is there- and hopefully he is not.  A&M is a recruiting juggernaut and has had an OL drafted in the 1st round 3 straight years and managed to pull Keaton Sutherland away from us last year even though the kid has 3 brothers attending school here

navyhog24

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 23, 2015, 05:20:55 pm
anytime a kid drives several hours to visit a school that he is not committed to I don't think I would ever feel comfortable about it.  and the fact that Little was committed to A&M and now is not could have played a role in his interest in them or vice versa.

all that being said- I have not seen anything where he is there- and hopefully he is not.  A&M is a recruiting juggernaut and has had an OL drafted in the 1st round 3 straight years and managed to pull Keaton Sutherland away from us last year even though the kid has 3 brothers attending school here

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-commit-on-campus-38354484

This really irritates me when they commit so early and then do this

JackJohnson

Quote from: navyhog24 on July 23, 2015, 05:23:22 pm
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-commit-on-campus-38354484

This really irritates me when they commit so early and then do this

yikes.  OL recruiting is about as critical as RB recruiting.  Per Sam Pittman himself he said we were 4 short on the OL right now with 13 scholarship guys and he wants 17-18.  With 4 scholarship Srs we have to sign 4 just to get back to being 4 short.  That isn't even counting the potential of Kirkland leaving...

Scott7703

I really hope to be wrong but I don't expect this to end well for hogs/hog fans

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 23, 2015, 05:51:19 pm
I really hope to be wrong but I don't expect this to end well for hogs/hog fans

Because??

Scott7703

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2015, 05:58:10 pm
Because??
Because it's never a good sign when a committed kid visits an in state school secretly and at the last minute. Also a&m is the king at slow playing kids after "offering." They just lost a 5 star lineman and right after, Diesch visits. I'm worried.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 23, 2015, 06:11:12 pm
Strong belief on another board he ends up at a&m.

I never in a million years thought we would have more trouble getting numbers at OL and RB under CBB then at QB and WR.  It is like a bizzarro recruiting world

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 23, 2015, 06:11:12 pm
Strong belief on another board he ends up at a&m.

You never know, I never count Pittman out. If it happens, the only two commits he would have lost would be to aTm.

Scott7703

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 23, 2015, 06:12:47 pm
I never in a million years thought we would have more trouble getting numbers at OL and RB under CBB then at QB and WR.  It is like a bizzarro recruiting world

Yeah I'm not as concerned with the oline because of Pittman but the rb recruiting is a head scratcher.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 23, 2015, 06:14:32 pm
Yeah I'm not as concerned with the oline because of Pittman but the rb recruiting is a head scratcher.

I'm not worried about talent on the OL- but Pittman himself said we were woefully low on numbers and the (lack of) signees the past 3 years are a big reason for that.  We had hoped to sign 4-5 OL at minimum- at may be staring at only having 1 by the time the season starts

RedyorNot

I'd find it hard to believe CBB and CSP were not made aware prior to this. They probably told Diesch to go if he felt the need to in order to make sure AR was what was best for him. One, they are quality guys that want what's best for the kid, and two, we don't get left at the alter on NSD scrambling for a replacement.

The Recruiting Guy

He did visit A&M today from what I was told

Steef

Quote from: RedyorNot on July 23, 2015, 06:35:49 pm
I'd find it hard to believe CBB and CSP were not made aware prior to this. They probably told Diesch to go if he felt the need to in order to make sure AR was what was best for him. One, they are quality guys that want what's best for the kid, and two, we don't get left at the alter on NSD scrambling for a replacement.

+1

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: welchog on June 14, 2015, 09:11:31 pm
I would put it this way:

There IS a direct correlation between recruiting and wins/championships.

There IS NOT a direct causation between recruiting and wins/championships.

Oooooh. I like it when you talk statistics to me baby 😏

WorfHog

Don't worry guys I heard they set him up with some of their cheerleaders.

The real Hogules

If Diesch prefers A&M to the Hogs and our coaches, then I wish him well.
We don't have to worry about the quality of our OL, or the quality of the depth any longer.
If Keller chooses to pass on being coached by Sam Pittman, then I would consider that Kellen's loss.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Music City Hog

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 23, 2015, 07:38:44 pm
If Diesch prefers A&M to the Hogs and our coaches, then I wish him well.
We don't have to worry about the quality of our OL, or the quality of the depth any longer.
If Keller chooses to pass on being coached by Sam Pittman, then I would consider that Kellen's loss.

Our OL depth is insanely shallow.  You should worry about it. 

The quality is good though.