Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Daniels

Started by dahogs23, May 23, 2015, 01:17:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NLRHog92

July 17, 2015, 05:12:17 pm #50 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:42:36 pm by NLRHog92
Per RD, visiting Aunt in Fay for next week, visiting campus on Thursday. Bama offered earlier today. Still not sure why we haven't. Film is really good, gets away from double teams like it's nothing and really athletic. I know he was high on the Hogs at one point, just hope us not offering yet won't hinder our chances.

ricepig

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 17, 2015, 05:12:17 pm
Per RD, visiting Aunt in Fay for next week, visiting campus on Sunday. Baja offered earlier today. Still not sure why we haven't. Film is really good, gets away from double teams like it's nothing and really athletic. I know he was high on the Hogs at one point, just hope us not offering yet won't hinder our chances.

Texas hasn't offered either, perplexing.

redeye

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 17, 2015, 05:12:17 pm
Per RD, visiting Aunt in Fay for next week, visiting campus on Thursday. Bama offered earlier today. Still not sure why we haven't. Film is really good, gets away from double teams like it's nothing and really athletic. I know he was high on the Hogs at one point, just hope us not offering yet won't hinder our chances.

I trust that our coaches know what they're doing, but Daniels seems like a good kid and I'd love to see him offered.  He posted a picture of him with Saban, and he looks huge.  Not sure how much of it is Daniels being really big and how much is Saban being really small.  ;D

whosiskid

July 17, 2015, 09:18:10 pm #53 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:29:04 pm by whosiskid
From all I've read and from the fact that he has remained really interested in Arkansas despite no offer, I'd rate our chances really high. Word is he grew up a Razorback fan and his parents remain fans. Most of his family is still in Arkansas and he has spent summers with relatives here. He retweets many comments about people wanting him to play at Arkansas and he has made a lot of comments that make it sound like he would really like an offer. He sounds like an Arkansas kid, not a Texas kid. In the past I thought he was ours to lose, but worried he might have resented our not showing interest. But he sure sounds like all that is in the past and is ready to pick up an offer. I really do think he'd commit to Arkansas if we push hard. He seemed to be ready to go to TCU, but if Arkansas offers I think that changes that. I don't see him going to Alabama.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

MissippHog

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-to-get-visit-from-one-of-nations-best-recruits-38259444

Quote"I'm happy to finally visit the Hogs," Daniels said. "Hopefully I get some good news."

I think this kid is a Hog if/when we extend an offer.  Any other DE's out there that were on (other than Agim?) 

NLRHog92

Quote from: MissippHog on July 18, 2015, 04:02:36 am
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-to-get-visit-from-one-of-nations-best-recruits-38259444

I think this kid is a Hog if/when we extend an offer.  Any other DE's out there that were on (other than Agim?)

So you're thinking SDE? Keir Thomas is another highly sought after guy. Committed to FSU, but has stated he is taking an OV here. Him and Donavan Thompson visited together in June. Lagaryonn Carson from Texarkana is another, just received offer at camp. Cousin plays RB at A&M. Might still be in play for Amani Bledsoe out of Kansas, not sure though. And last but not least, John Tate if we were to offer.

trphog

July 18, 2015, 04:53:44 am #56 Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:26:28 am by trphog
Maybe with so many ties to the state the coaching staff is treating him like an in-state kid. They are only going to offer him when they are dead certain he can help and they will do so in person. That's just my two cents.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hawgdwellings on June 02, 2015, 03:23:31 pm
not questioning! have so much faith in these coaches! so refreshing to have coaches that actually do their homework and dont just go off stars!

Right.

I would find it very hard to believe our coaches wouldn't offer if there wasn't more to the story.

I don't think they are in the business of shooting themselves in the foot.

Scott7703

Quote from: whosiskid on July 17, 2015, 09:18:10 pm
From all I've read and from the fact that he has remained really interested in Arkansas despite no offer, I'd rate our chances really high. Word is he grew up a Razorback fan and his parents remain fans. Most of his family is still in Arkansas and he has spent summers with relatives here. He retweets many comments about people wanting him to play at Arkansas and he has made a lot of comments that make it sound like he would really like an offer. He sounds like an Arkansas kid, not a Texas kid. In the past I thought he was ours to lose, but worried he might have resented our not showing interest. But he sure sounds like all that is in the past and is ready to pick up an offer. I really do think he'd commit to Arkansas if we push hard. He seemed to be ready to go to TCU, but if Arkansas offers I think that changes that. I don't see him going to Alabama.

I agree with this. I'll be surprised if he doesn't commit if he is offered.

bjeffersonhog

Did I miss wher Daniels is going to be a DE when he gets to college?  Every place appears to have him listed at a DT and with his size I do not see him moving outside.  We have 2 of the top 3 DT in the county coming to visit this fall and one of them has really strong ties to the state of arkansas as well.  I think it's very possible because of Daniels ties to the state they do not want to offer then get a commitment from the other 2 guys and have to say sorry we got our higher priorities.

jjdlc

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on July 18, 2015, 10:23:13 am
Did I miss wher Daniels is going to be a DE when he gets to college?  Every place appears to have him listed at a DT and with his size I do not see him moving outside.  We have 2 of the top 3 DT in the county coming to visit this fall and one of them has really strong ties to the state of arkansas as well.  I think it's very possible because of Daniels ties to the state they do not want to offer then get a commitment from the other 2 guys and have to say sorry we got our higher priorities.

Might have something to do with it.  This is looking to be a very strong D-line class for us. 

redeye

Did I miss wher Daniels is going to be a DE when he gets to college?  Every place appears to have him listed at a DT and with his size I do not see him moving outside. 

Probably not, but he can move for a big guy, so it wouldn't surprise me.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: MissippHog on July 18, 2015, 04:02:36 am

At 6'3" and 299 lbs before his senior year in HS, I don't think he is going to fit the DE mold.  Will be DT at 320+ by his second year in college.

hogfreak

Who else has ties to the state?

redeye

Quote from: hogfreak on July 19, 2015, 07:19:45 pm

Seems like there have been several recently.  Dexter Lawrence is the only one that comes to mind right now, though.

HOGINTENNESSEE

It's possible, but I would call that a mistake. IMO you never say no or slow play a kid of Daniels talent

MissippHog

Quote from: hogfreak on July 19, 2015, 07:19:45 pm

Dexter Lawrence II
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jul/10/day-iii-opening-tidbits/

QuoteHis father is from Pine Bluff and played at UAPB and still has family in the state. His family in Arkansas is urging him to check out the Razorbacks. He has also told McTelvin Agim of his desire to visit.

jgphillips3

It seems that Chris is now visiting on Thursday.  I guess we'll see if that causes any change.  However, with two top ten linemen interested and two other really, really good ones, it may just be an odd man out year for the kid.  Kind of like our "year of the tight end" last year.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 20, 2015, 09:29:20 am
It seems that Chris is now visiting on Thursday.  I guess we'll see if that causes any change.  However, with two top ten linemen interested and two other really, really good ones, it may just be an odd man out year for the kid.  Kind of like our "year of the tight end" last year.

I believe he was always visiting on Thursday, we also have a camp that day, so all the coaches should be here.

NLRHog92

Christopher Daniels ‏@clicclac97  2m2 minutes ago
I love the University of Arkansas Campus #Hogs #feelingit

MissippHog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 20, 2015, 11:47:09 am
Christopher Daniels ‏@clicclac97  2m2 minutes ago
I love the University of Arkansas Campus #Hogs #feelingit
Sounds like Chris couldn't wait until Thursday to get on campus  :razorback:

KlubhouseKonnected

If it were up to me this kid would get his offer this week. A bird in the hand.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

redeye

Quote from: MissippHog on July 20, 2015, 11:52:40 am
Sounds like Chris couldn't wait until Thursday to get on campus  :razorback:

Yea, if I understand it correctly, he's spending the week in Fayetteville to visit family and study for the ACT.  He also said that he won't be taking calls or doing interviews this week.  I'm really liking him.

PEtrader

It is still pretty crazy to me that we have not offered
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: PEtrader on July 20, 2015, 04:01:59 pm
It is still pretty crazy to me that we have not offered

Has to be something going on that we don't know about. But they are letting him visit, so that's a plus.

LAHOG1962

Looks to me like the coaches feel good about some players that they have higher rated.

lefty08

Quote from: LAHOG1962 on July 20, 2015, 09:21:59 pm
Looks to me like the coaches feel good about some players that they have higher rated.

Yep. Pretty simple to me. No different than Crockett not getting an offer
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

redeye

There are so many possibilities that I won't even guess why we haven't offered.  From my perspective, however, he seems like everything we want and more.  The only certainty is that we don't have many available schollies for DT's and we have a lot of options.  That's a huge turnaround from the past, when we struggled to find quality DT's.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: redeye on July 20, 2015, 09:47:29 pm
There are so many possibilities that I won't even guess why we haven't offered.  From my perspective, however, he seems like everything we want and more. The only certainty is that we don't have many available schollies for DT's and we have a lot of options.  That's a huge turnaround from the past, when we struggled to find quality DT's.

+1 to the coaches for recruiting to our needs. We had a highly rated OL that we passed on last year. The staff earns their salary to make us the best we can be, and when they take their time on ANY player...good for The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

whosiskid

I believe I started the first "Anyone Know Why We Haven't Offered Chris Daniels?" thread a few months ago, and while I absolutely trust this staff yada yada, I still can't fathom why he hasn't been offered.

And maybe we have other linemen we like more, but there is one other aspect that I rate very, very highly, and that is, how much a player wants to play for us. Having a kid want to play for us and then instantly committing to us - like Bijohn Jackson, Jordan Jones, and BJ Hammonds - is tremendous promotion for the program. I'm not saying that it should be a primary consideration, but if you get a high 4 star player like Daniels, you ought to find a way of taking him, unless there is a big reason that isn't widely known by the general public. Plus, it really makes us look good if there is this player who is being recruited by people like TCU and A&M but he then commits quickly to us - which I believe he would - makes us look very, very good.

If I had to guess, I'd say that he ends up at Arkansas.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

ldfergu

Quote from: whosiskid on July 21, 2015, 08:14:34 am
I believe I started the first "Anyone Know Why We Haven't Offered Chris Daniels?" thread a few months ago, and while I absolutely trust this staff yada yada, I still can't fathom why he hasn't been offered.

And maybe we have other linemen we like more, but there is one other aspect that I rate very, very highly, and that is, how much a player wants to play for us. Having a kid want to play for us and then instantly committing to us - like Bijohn Jackson, Jordan Jones, and BJ Hammonds - is tremendous promotion for the program. I'm not saying that it should be a primary consideration, but if you get a high 4 star player like Daniels, you ought to find a way of taking him, unless there is a big reason that isn't widely known by the general public. Plus, it really makes us look good if there is this player who is being recruited by people like TCU and A&M but he then commits quickly to us - which I believe he would - makes us look very, very good.

They have their reasons, whatever they are.  If he doesn't receive an offer this week then that should be very telling..

ARtillahog

Do you think Briston Guidry committing early and out of the blue has anything to do with this?  I mean they have Capps and Guidry and with the shortage of scholarships (that we were told), could this be affecting the decision not to offer Daniels?

bigdaddyhawg

A question: Has this young man been to the Hill before this current visit?

If not, I wonder if they've been holding off to offer him in person?

I can see that could possibly be a ploy/method with certain kids to have a powerful impact of that personal offer (versus over the phone), with all the coaches around him, to possibly generate a commitment?

I was in sales for many years, and I know different folks require different approaches, and what works with one guy may not work with the next.

Just spitballin'.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hawgwash

Does anyone know if there's anything on a Twitter account that may not have been received well?  I have no idea, just asking.

ARtillahog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 21, 2015, 09:08:19 am

I can see that could possibly be a ploy/method with certain kids to have a powerful impact of that personal offer (versus over the phone), with all the coaches around him, to possibly generate a commitment?

I was in sales for many years, and I know different folks require different approaches, and what works with one guy may not work with the next.

Just spitballin'.

You could be onto something here.

Quote from: hawgwash on July 21, 2015, 09:53:14 am
Does anyone know if there's anything on a Twitter account that may not have been received well?  I have no idea, just asking.

Not that I've seen or heard.

redeye

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 21, 2015, 09:08:19 am

I'm pretty sure he's been on the Hill, because his grandmother is a professor at Arkansas, IIRC.  Still, you may be right about waiting to offer in person.  Maybe it's been planned for this weekend to entice all the other big recruits we have visiting?

redeye

Quote from: hawgwash on July 21, 2015, 09:53:14 am

Everything I've seen has been very positive.  Actually, it's been exemplary, so I'm highly skeptical.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: redeye on July 21, 2015, 10:29:19 am
I'm pretty sure he's been on the Hill, because his grandmother is a professor at Arkansas, IIRC.  Still, you may be right about waiting to offer in person.  Maybe it's been planned for this weekend to entice all the other big recruits we have visiting?

It's possible
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Bubba's Bruisers

Has he taken the ACT yet?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ARtillahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 21, 2015, 11:50:43 am
Has he taken the ACT yet?

I don't know, but I thought he said something about visiting and studying for the ACT this week.

Arkansas WR

The dude has an offer from Bama. Whats the hold up Coach B?

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas WR on July 21, 2015, 01:42:23 pm
The dude has an offer from Bama. Whats the hold up Coach B?

Maybe he is going to do like Saban did last weekend, offer when he visits?

IBleedRazorbackRed

I'm pretty sure he wanted to visit us once before but never showed up. And it seemed like he didn't come because we didn't want him to, not the other way around.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ARtillahog on July 21, 2015, 12:51:07 pm
I don't know, but I thought he said something about visiting and studying for the ACT this week.

Which is why I asked.  Maybe we haven't offered because we don't have a score yet.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

redeye

While reviewing what Richard has written about him in the past, I discovered the following:

- He and his father were both born in Little Rock.
- His grandfather has been a LR school teacher for 30 years.
- His aunt recently graduated from the University of Arkansas and is currently working on her masters.
- He moved to Michigan (mother's home state) when he was 5 and relocated to Texas at 10 years old.
- He visited for the NIU game last year and said it was crazy.
- "I've been a Hog fan because I'm an Arkansas native," he said. "My dad is an Arkansas fan all the way."
- He was supposed to visit in March, but didn't make it.
- His grandparents live in Conway and are big Razorback fans.
- His sister was supposed to graduate from Arkansas last December and start law school there.

I feel a little creepy compiling all this, but they're simply excerpts from Richard's previous columns that mentioned Daniels.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redeye on July 21, 2015, 03:59:24 pm
While reviewing what Richard has written about him in the past, I discovered the following:

- He and his father were both born in Little Rock.
- His grandfather has been a LR school teacher for 30 years.
- His aunt recently graduated from the University of Arkansas and is currently working on her masters.
- He moved to Michigan (mother's home state) when he was 5 and relocated to Texas at 10 years old.
- He visited for the NIU game last year and said it was crazy.
- "I've been a Hog fan because I'm an Arkansas native," he said. "My dad is an Arkansas fan all the way."
- He was supposed to visit in March, but didn't make it.
- His grandparents live in Conway and are big Razorback fans.
- His sister was supposed to graduate from Arkansas last December and start law school there.

I feel a little creepy compiling all this, but they're simply excerpts from Richard's previous columns that mentioned Daniels.

Actually a very nice summary.  I assume he's either down on our list and/or we're waiting on some academic information.  I also assume he's a good kid with no character issues that might spook the staff.

RazorPiggie

They are probably just wanting to offer in person.

Arkansas WR

Bielema was on Sportscenter yesterday. Maybe Bielema comes back to Fayetteville today and offers him. I hope.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Arkansas WR on July 22, 2015, 11:17:58 am
Bielema was on Sportscenter yesterday. Maybe Bielema comes back to Fayetteville today and offers him. I hope.

I would be surprised if Daniels doesn't have offer when he visits tomorrow

Peppa Pig

I really hope he gets an offer but what an amazing problem to have.  The DT's we're in on this year are insane. 

Building your team with dominating offensive and defensive lines...what a crazy concept.