Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superprep recruiting class rankings for 2005 SEC

Started by HogInMemphis, March 25, 2005, 11:28:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInMemphis

See below for rankings by Superprep.

I don't follow this stuff at all but I came across this. Is this about where most rated the Hogs' class this year? 9th in SEC and 32nd nationally? What is interesting is that the only teams' classes rated worse than the Hogs are the only teams in SEC last year that had worse SEC record than the Hogs. I guess that's about where we are: better than Miss St, KY and Vandy, about the same as Ole Miss and SC and Bama most years and slightly below Auburn and way below Tenn, Fla, Ga and LSU.

1.  Tennessee   
4.  Georgia   
11.  Florida   
16.  Alabama   
19.  LSU   
20.  South Carolina   
22.  Auburn   
29.  Mississippi   
32.  Arkansas   
39.  Mississippi State   
62.  Kentucky   
76.  Vanderbilt   

Oklahawg

It depends on who you ask, but the Big 3 plus LSU have owned us in recruiting, just like they have on the field. The next group is the group that some folks have us at the top and some at the bottom. Just like on the field. The bottom group is the one we finish on top of on everyone's list. Just like on the field.

Like most schools, to elevate our game on the field we have to find some players that no one thought would be major studs and, well, turn them into major studs.

That rating likely reflects the questions over health that way too many of our recruits seem to have hanging over them. Should most recover and contribute that ranking would bump up to around 20, I would imagine. And, that same improvement (or drop) could be experienced by any of the teams. How's that for non-commital?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

tophawg19

well said those will change also based on who didn't qualify or make it to campus for whatever reason . this year ALA ,signed 30 players but some will be placed at JR. COLLEGES .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

3kgthog

There's no reason why we should not be able to recruit the way Tennessee does.  TN doesn't produce very many high-major prospects and the Vols don't have any better facilities than we do. I guess players don't care that Knoxville is one of the most polluted cities in the nation.  Then again, a new SUV, a couple of skanks and a bottomless bank account can tend to sway a person.

SonOfMud

And people say that the recruiting rankings don't mean a thing.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."