Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broadcast Announcers

Started by WedgeBuster, January 02, 2018, 11:24:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

ChicoHog

Quote from: WedgeBuster on January 02, 2018, 11:38:52 am
Agreed. I don't why it's so hard for ESPN and other sports networks to understand we just don't want female announcers on men's football and basketball. It's not a gender thing, it just is a perspective thing.

100% agree.  We had the female analyst on the Hogs basketball game last night and it was not good to listen to.  I know that sounds chauvinistic and it probably is but i just don't want to hear a woman call men's sports, especially the play by play person.  The only female I like in the booth is Jessica Mendoza on Sunday Night Baseball.  She is really good and because it was a 3 person crew with Aaron Boone as the other analyst it also makes it more tolerable with multiple voices. 

BigE_23

Quote from: Hogfan46 on January 02, 2018, 11:41:27 am
I like Tessitore and Blackledge for college and Nantz and Romo for NFL.

This.

I also am beginning to like Nessler and Danielson. Sending Verne to pasture was the best thing CBS has done in...well, ever.

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on January 03, 2018, 09:11:07 am
Think about how impossible a job being an announcer is. Even those that are at the top of their field are largely disliked by this board.

or it could mean the people on the board have issues.................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sowmonella

Who did the color for last nights game? She was awful!!!! :puke:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RedBird5

Quote from: Karma on January 03, 2018, 09:11:07 am
Think about how impossible a job being an announcer is. Even those that are at the top of their field are largely disliked by this board.

Most on this board dislike everything it seems.  And obviously nothing but highly intelligent people here. 😉.   And don't forget the insiders too. A ton of donors hang out on the boards too. The real big time players

Haters gonna hate

Quote from: hogsanity on January 02, 2018, 11:47:42 am
Are we talking PBP or color commentator? Walton does not call the game, he adds commentary. Neither are Collinsworth, Gruden or Aikman or Danielson.

I want a PBP person that lets me know what is happening if I can't see it for some reason. Maybe I have the game on while I am doing some work or am watching two games at once, and I want to know what is happening. I want a color analyst that can tell me WHY something happened.

Keep telling yourself that. Mowins and Burke are better than several of the male pbp guys ESPN uses. They had some guys doing bowl games I had never heard before, and hope to never hear again.

Beth Mowins was one of the best commentators of the bowl season. If you have a problem with a lady announcing games you are the problem.