Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pelphrey/Smith Youtube

Started by BENJAMINX, March 15, 2008, 11:25:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeck

Quote from: HeyBC on March 17, 2008, 01:41:10 pm
If you can't define "thug" other than "I don't like that dingdy-danged ol Jaywon Smif" then I can't help you.

The Oxford Dictionary defines "Thug" as being a violent or uncouth man.  While I don't have anything to back up J. Smith being a violent person, cursing and "jawwing" at an opposing head coach is absolutely uncouth.  He is disrespectful and undiciplined. I hope that this is not a reflection of his leader, B. Pearl.  However, I never saw Pearl tear into his young "thug" and therefore leads me to believe that he doesn't care waht his players do on the court (or off) as long as his teams are winning games.

I do not condone Coach Pel cursing back at Smith, but think he has much better grounds to tell Smith to *STFU* after a Smith comment, that Smith does trying to instigate an arguement with an oppsoing head coach.  J. Smith was totally classless, and acted like a "thug".

Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

HeyBC

Quote from: schmeck on March 17, 2008, 01:58:03 pm

The Oxford Dictionary defines "Thug" as being a violent or uncouth man.  While I don't have anything to back up J. Smith being a violent person, cursing and "jawwing" at an opposing head coach is absolutely uncouth.  He is disrespectful and undiciplined. I hope that this is not a reflection of his leader, B. Pearl.  However, I never saw Pearl tear into his young "thug" and therefore leads me to believe that he doesn't care waht his players do on the court (or off) as long as his teams are winning games.

I do not condone Coach Pel cursing back at Smith, but think he has much better grounds to tell Smith to *STFU* after a Smith comment, that Smith does trying to instigate an arguement with an oppsoing head coach.  J. Smith was totally classless, and acted like a "thug".

Well, by that definition I think dropping a F-bomb on television makes Pelphrey a thug coach. I don't know what Bruce Pearl told J. Smith during or after the game, but I hope he tore into him pretty well. Talking smack with an opposing coach is pretty low brow.

I think the complete extent of what opposing coaches and players should say to each other during a game should be "good game, coach," "good game, young man."

schmeck

I wish that after cursing and yelling at Coach Pel, that maybe Charles Thomas or Steven Hill would have given a nice arms extended moving screen on that POS. That would have shut him up as well.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Nashville Fan

March 17, 2008, 02:51:59 pm #103 Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:07:21 pm by Nashville Fan
Didn't Pel throw the STFU bomb just after getting T'd up?  Then jaws with Smith and tells him to STFU? Probably more ballzy than brainy. Good thing we have Evans on the staff to Coach when Coach Pel gets booted out of a game.
Pittman or Bust!

olivebranchhog

if pel gets the bood evans would probably leave with him. evans does not want a head coaching position or else he would have gone to a black college like he said he was going to, and coached till he could retire with no publicity. and really if you people are talking about pel gettin the boot after a jawing with a stupid one trick pony kid, you just need to sit with the kids and watch cartoons instead of living in the real world!!!

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 17, 2008, 02:51:59 pm
Didn't Pel throw the STFU bomb just after getting T'd up?  Then jaws with Smith and tells him to STFU? Probably more ballzy than brainy. Good thing we have Evans on the staff to Coach when Coach Pel gets the boot.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Nashville Fan

March 17, 2008, 03:04:46 pm #105 Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:09:13 pm by Nashville Fan
Quote from: olivebranchhog on March 17, 2008, 02:56:36 pm
if pel gets the bood evans would probably leave with him. evans does not want a head coaching position or else he would have gone to a black college like he said he was going to, and coached till he could retire with no publicity. and really if you people are talking about pel gettin the boot after a jawing with a stupid one trick pony kid, you just need to sit with the kids and watch cartoons instead of living in the real world!!!

You don't think Pel will ever get booted out of a game? How many did Nolan get booted out of? No way they fire Pel for years after Stan and Dana and Billy G. Coach Pel is bulletproof for 4 seasons more.
Pittman or Bust!

ConwayHog

Quote from: HeyBC on March 17, 2008, 01:41:10 pm
If you can't define "thug" other than "I don't like that dingdy-danged ol Jaywon Smif" then I can't help you.

I can tell you you're going to push the issue around here.  I'm not some toothless guy from Arkansas who doesn't wear shoes. 

Dropkick

Must be a slow day on the UT board, huh BC? Hog fans are a little down because we lost in the finals something you wouldn't understand.

Bigfoot

Gotta love hearing those crying Vols fans! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Dropkick on March 17, 2008, 03:17:50 pm
Must be a slow day on the UT board, huh BC? Hog fans are a little down because we lost in the finals something you wouldn't understand.
The problems is we are beginning to understand losing all too well.  Two years in a row we have bit the dust.

HeyBC

Quote from: Dropkick on March 17, 2008, 03:17:50 pm

I like a lively discussion and I love to talk hoops. Following UT basketball for almost 30 years has had more downs than ups, but now that we're up, I'm having a lot of fun. This board seems to generally have some pretty knowledgeable hoops fans so I thought it would be fun to mix it up.

You're right I don't know what it feels like to be bummed about losing in a tournament final, but we both have learned the hard way something about choking. Steven Freaking Hill. That one still stings.

If any of you ever want to talk junk to some Tennessee people, we'd love to have you at www.smashsouthsports.com. We've got a few Kentucky fans, a few Bammers, and a couple of Arkansas fans. Mostly it's UT people covering the whole spectrum of IQ's.

AckaBacka

Quote from: cityhog on March 17, 2008, 11:27:25 am
We were ready to burn Shibest in effigy for dogging on a LSU player.  How is this different, other than Shibest was a horrible coach and Pel is a good one?
There is a huge difference, which should be pretty obvious.  The player that Shibest taunted was just playing his best and didn't start anything, all he did was drop a pass.  Then TN player had been talking trash to Pel and so Pel told him to STFU.  If Pel had, out of nowhere, taunted the player for missing a shot, then it would have been similar.  But its not and I think you know it.

Dropkick

Quote from: HeyBC on March 17, 2008, 03:26:32 pm
I like a lively discussion and I love to talk hoops. Following UT basketball for almost 30 years has had more downs than ups, but now that we're up, I'm having a lot of fun. This board seems to generally have some pretty knowledgeable hoops fans so I thought it would be fun to mix it up.

You're right I don't know what it feels like to be bummed about losing in a tournament final, but we both have learned the hard way something about choking. Steven Freaking Hill. That one still stings.

If any of you ever want to talk junk to some Tennessee people, we'd love to have you at www.smashsouthsports.com. We've got a few Kentucky fans, a few Bammers, and a couple of Arkansas fans. Mostly it's UT people covering the whole spectrum of IQ's.
Thanks for the invite. I have to confess I actually have UT to win it all on one of my brackets.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Dropkick on March 17, 2008, 03:32:02 pm
Thanks for the invite. I have to confess I actually have UT to win it all on one of my brackets.
Whomever comes out of the East will have earned it the hard way and I think has an above average chance of winning it all.
Pittman or Bust!

parrishw

Quote from: Dropkick on March 17, 2008, 03:32:02 pm

I do too and HeyBC it is a pleasure to have you on the board from my point of view.

I hope losing to the Hogs fires up the Vols so they run the table to the Elite 8 and our boys are motivated enough by the Georgia loss that we are there to play you all for best 2 out of 3.

Good luck to Ya'al

olivebranchhog

i ment if he got fired lol not booted out of a game thats what i thought was ment. no i hope pel gets booted out of some games because that seems to be the only way our guards get it through their thick skull that you dont have to trade 3s with teams. i would prefer to shoot 60% overall than shoot 3 for 13 from the 3. pel needs a shock collar attatched to pat, sonny, and welsh for the indiana game, so everytime they try a contested 3 they get shocked haha

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 17, 2008, 03:04:46 pm
You don't think Pel will ever get booted out of a game? How many did Nolan get booted out of? No way they fire Pel for years after Stan and Dana and Billy G. Coach Pel is bulletproof for 4 seasons more.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

RickyRoma