Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To be honest

Started by snoot hoggy hog, November 09, 2017, 01:07:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

I want a defensive minded head coach. We've had our fair share of coaches who could score a lot of points, but we haven't had a coach who could impose their will on the defensive side of the ball. Everybody's wanting the next high powered offensive guru but defense when championships. You can see the difference between Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. Georgia and Alabama have defensive guys as head coaches and Auburn is ran by an offensive guy. When was the last time Arkansas had a defense that imposed it's will on other teams? If we got a defensive coach who would it be? Schiano?

bennyl08

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 09, 2017, 01:07:10 am
I want a defensive minded head coach. We've had our fair share of coaches who could score a lot of points, but we haven't had a coach who could impose their will on the defensive side of the ball. Everybody's wanting the next high powered offensive guru but defense when championships. You can see the difference between Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. Georgia and Alabama have defensive guys as head coaches and Auburn is ran by an offensive guy. When was the last time Arkansas had a defense that imposed it's will on other teams? If we got a defensive coach who would it be? Schiano?

2014 to answer your question.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bielema was supposed to be a defensive guy. Schiano would probably work seeing as robb smith was a schiano guy and had a great defense here in year 1 before bielema put a leash on him
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

FANONTHEHILL

Brent Venables is the answer if defensive minded is what you're looking for.  Championship caliber defenses while at OU, same at Clemson, and can recruit the heck out of east Texas.  Relatively young guy (turns 47 in December) that can relate to young players but is old school intense, demanding, and hard nosed.  He was my #1 choice five years ago.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Kevin

I don't care if it is offense or defense. Get an intense disciplined type coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PharmacistHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 09, 2017, 04:56:55 am
Brent Venables is the answer if defensive minded is what you're looking for.  Championship caliber defenses while at OU, same at Clemson, and can recruit the heck out of east Texas.  Relatively young guy (turns 47 in December) that can relate to young players but is old school intense, demanding, and hard nosed.  He was my #1 choice five years ago.

That's guv's #1 so there has to be something wrong with him.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.