Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville’s thoughts on this article.

Started by harrisburghog, November 10, 2017, 05:12:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

I think they'll both be gone soon. But that won't satisfy a lot of people here. Instead of being happy they'll wanna pick fights with other posters. Just my predictions.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Inhogswetrust

Dude we've covered this. Article has no new information and the discussion about what happens occurred all day yesterday.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike_e

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 10, 2017, 05:15:35 am
I think they'll both be gone soon. But that won't satisfy a lot of people here. Instead of being happy they'll wanna pick fights with other posters. Just my predictions.

You mean these guys?

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

BR

I think they’ll both be gone soon. But that won’t satisfy a lot of people here. Instead of being happy they’ll wanna pick fights with other posters. Just my predictions.
YEP, totally right.......
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

harrisburghog

If Jeff Long is allowed to make the next hire when and if B.B. is fired we will all have the answer on Long's status and the BOT's feelings about athletics in general.

Dark Helmet Hog

I think they’ll both be gone soon. But that won’t satisfy a lot of people here. Instead of being happy they’ll wanna pick fights with other posters. Just my predictions.

If both are gone, hope will spring eternal.

hawg1221

This is so true. It's almost ridiculous how mean people can be on here. I don't post much, but when I do I'm very careful not to irritate the gods.

harrisburghog

It'll get downright nasty if both or either Long or  B.B are retained.

The Kig

Quote from: harrisburghog on November 10, 2017, 07:21:30 am
It'll get downright nasty if both or either Long or  B.B are retained.

Probably... mostly because posters with clear agendas, like this entire thread, will blatantly ignore facts unless it fits into their carefully occluded, myopic view of the truth.

The article says absolutely nothing about whether Long is on the hot seat.   In fact, it sorta leans the other way... he went to a meeting where the arricle stated that the only way you get called in and/or voted on is when it's related to YOU since it must be part of public record...and Long was never called in.

In a later interview, Bobbitt said "anytime we go into executive session, it's almost always about job performance." When asked whether the latter session was about Steinmetz's job performance, he said, "Yeah, anytime I get holed in there, it's about mine, and anytime anyone else does, you know, you can read what the board states as the rationale of going into executive session."
Poker Porker

hawgon

That is a pretty loaded quote from Bobbit on job performance.

Everyone likes to point out that the BOT can't fire the AD and only the chancellor and the president can do that.  Then they point out that the BOT does have the power to make its wishes known and fire down the chain of command if those wishes aren't followed.

Here you had the BOT, the system president, and the chancellor all in the same room while the AD sat in the hall.  Common sense tells who/what was the subject of the discussion. 

EastexHawg

Not me.  If the administration sends Long and Bielema packing I will be all in with the new guys...at least until plenty of time has passed and they have proven they don't deserve support and allegiance.

DeltaBoy

I am just waiting for the Pork to speak again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

island hog

I've been a fan of CBB and had hoped that things would turn around... unfortunately, I haven't seen it on the field.  On the other hand, I can't see why Long would be shown the door.  Unless there are issues out of sight within the university that we're not aware of, his job shouldn't be in jeopardy as I see it. 

Hoginsavga

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 10, 2017, 07:17:47 am
This is so true. It's almost ridiculous how mean people can be on here. I don't post much, but when I do I'm very careful not to irritate the gods.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Tusks

Guys its pretty obvious that BB is gone and JL is on thin ice if not gone himself.

It's happening and the hogs are now on the road to redemption.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Cinco de Hogo

So your saying if both are gone you will be unhappy and picking fights kinda like your post.  Did I get that about right?

The OTR

Oh yeah? Like to see you say that to my face!

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: island hog on November 10, 2017, 09:04:39 am
I've been a fan of CBB and had hoped that things would turn around... unfortunately, I haven't seen it on the field.  On the other hand, I can't see why Long would be shown the door.  Unless there are issues out of sight within the university that we're not aware of, his job shouldn't be in jeopardy as I see it. 

I'll agree that on the surface of what we know, outside of the state of the football program, the "evidence" against Long may not be apparent. 

The juice, IMO, is the millions of reasons Pork alluded to.  And in the University of Arkansas athletic department there are not millions of anything except money and debt.

There is another possibility, the Foundation ending up on the hook for a mistake either Long or his minions are responsible for.  And/or was handled without university administration being made aware of same. 

Saw a post last night that mentioned something about a screw up on insurance for former RB Williams that the Foundation had to pay.  Fact or fiction?  No clue.

oldhawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 10, 2017, 08:47:00 am
Not me.  If the administration sends Long and Bielema packing I will be all in with the new guys...at least until plenty of time has passed and they have proven they don't deserve support and allegiance.

Or the new guys prove that they do deserve support and allegiance.  It has taken me awhile, but I have come to the same conclusion about Bielema and Long.

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 10, 2017, 09:38:28 am
I'll agree that on the surface of what we know, outside of the state of the football program, the "evidence" against Long may not be apparent. 

The juice, IMO, is the millions of reasons Pork alluded to.  And in the University of Arkansas athletic department there are not millions of anything except money and debt.

There is another possibility, the Foundation ending up on the hook for a mistake either Long or his minions are responsible for.  And/or was handled without university administration being made aware of same. 

Saw a post last night that mentioned something about a screw up on insurance for former RB Williams that the Foundation had to pay.  Fact or fiction?  No clue.

Why would the Foundation have to pay it?

Birminghog

Someone in another thread posed the conundrum that if both JL & BB are let go, a replacement would have to be hired for JL and that person allowed to hire a new HC, thus delaying the hiring of an HC. If that is true, and it seems reasonable, do those of you whose priority is replacing BB still want both JL & BB released simultaneously?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

ShoUrite... Hell JFB is getting a record hiatus due to death and this season not being on his watch, but mark my words the first time someone defends Long in a year or two JFB will be the first name they thrown under the bus.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MJ2

Why would Long or CBB want to stay somewhere they aren't wanted?   I assume Long will move "up and out" soon and CBB will be let go at the end of the season.

DoctorSusscrofa

Every AD and every coach is going to have his own segment of the fan base chewing on him from about Day 10 on from now until the end of time.  Our fan base is just like that.  We'll continue to eat our own coaches and administration from here on out.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Tusks

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 10, 2017, 11:24:35 am
Every AD and every coach is going to have his own segment of the fan base chewing on him from about Day 10 on from now until the end of time.  Our fan base is just like that.  We'll continue to eat our own coaches and administration from here on out.

Not even close.  If someone performs, no one awards more than Hogs fans with adulation and money.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

secfan30

bigdogbitting

Not a big time poster but I do read Hogville every day. As an Alum and fan since 1958 I have seen and heard all these fights before. Coaches from Holtz to BB have either triumphed or failed. Winning coaches fell and losers were kept way to Long. As far as JFB is concerned I am offended when you make comparisons to a true legendary coach and this mouse of a crew screwing up our football team. Fire JL and BB and lets get back to winning something.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: tusked on November 10, 2017, 11:28:08 am
Not even close.  If someone performs, no one awards more than Hogs fans with adulation and money.

No one will perform up to the standard many of our fans want.  Different factions will start in at different times, but the next coach and AD will have plenty of enemies.  It will simply be a matter of how many.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: secfan30 on November 10, 2017, 11:29:51 am
He has

He said yesterday we were going to be SURPRISED.  That was just before the no action at all statement.

jgphillips3

You are half right.  If both are gone there will be some unhappy people that want to pick fights with posters but that will be those who have the bromance crush on Long and Bielema.  They will become what the pro-Nutt crowd became in the Petrino era (at least until the wins mounted).  Those who have wanted change will be excited, minus a few misanthropes, while the Bielemer's become the haters of the new coach.

Torqued pork

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 10, 2017, 11:24:35 am
We've had precious little success in football and basketball in the last twenty years.  Shame on us for noticing. Just keep writing those checks and don't ask questions, right?

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 10, 2017, 08:47:00 am

Me, too.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgcat4

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 10, 2017, 09:33:31 am
Oh yeah? Like to see you say that to my face!

Meet me by the bicycle rack, behind the gym at 3:00. Right after school. It's on!!
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...