Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Naismith Hall Of Fame

Started by chiefhawg, April 04, 2016, 01:50:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 11, 2016, 06:51:59 am
"He hit me once," said Barnard. "He hit me in the rear end. He went up the embankment and he came back down the embankment and hit me again."

Barnard's back was broken in several places and her chest was severely bruised. Barnard sued OSU and won a $175,000 judgement, but says the money is now gone."

"I never seen a penny of the check. Never seen anything. My medical bills are sitting at $400,000. When it stops will be the day that I die," said Barnard.

I suppose she could just be cashing in. However anytime someone suffers injuries in a car accident as a result of someone driving under the influence of alcohol and pain pills it is egregious. Eddie was charged with aggravated DUI.

I personally think this is why he is not in. I don't know that is the reason he has been passed over but I'm having trouble coming up with any other reason because all most every coach with notable NCAA violations are already in......Tarkanian, Calipari, Boeheim, Calhoun.

You are wasting your time with the Sutton apologists. The guy could literally have run for governor in this state and won. He was that popular with fans.

While we loved him, lots of other people thought he was tainted. I would lean more to the Eric Manuel situation as the real taint on Sutton and why his dissed. While they couldn't pin it on Sutton in a court of law, his son was at the ACT exam site with Manuel when he supposedly cheated on the test. Ruined Manuel's career and meanwhile Sean got to go on and play and coach.

Sean and his father were innocent in the same way OJ was.

Sivad

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 11, 2016, 06:48:56 pm
You are wasting your time with the Sutton apologists.
Yes, there are both Sutton and Anderson apologists.
The difference being you didn't have to apologize for Sutton's coaching.

WilsonHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 11, 2016, 06:48:56 pm
You are wasting your time with the Sutton apologists. The guy could literally have run for governor in this state and won. He was that popular with fans.

While we loved him, lots of other people thought he was tainted. I would lean more to the Eric Manuel situation as the real taint on Sutton and why his dissed. While they couldn't pin it on Sutton in a court of law, his son was at the ACT exam site with Manuel when he supposedly cheated on the test. Ruined Manuel's career and meanwhile Sean got to go on and play and coach.

Sean and his father were innocent in the same way OJ was.

Did you really just make that comparison?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 11, 2016, 07:04:32 pm
Did you really just make that comparison?

Just putting it in a way the masses will understand. ;)

WilsonHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 11, 2016, 07:46:34 pm
Just putting it in a way the masses will understand. ;)

Not your best decision.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on April 11, 2016, 08:34:16 am
Andrews won almost 1500 games but only 1 state championship. Not much controversy there IMO. Hughes has the better case.

She won only one cause that was the best team she had. They rest won cause they ran the 2-1-2 halfcourt press to perfection.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!