Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingsley

Started by mbgrulz, March 10, 2016, 02:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

I think we can count him as one of the 13 next year.

He has 0 shot at the NBA.

root_hawg

6-10 player who can block shots and rebound will always have a shot in the NBA

lc480

He seems to have trouble against the bigger psychical player , because of his slight built he gets pushed out of position .

-Blu

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 10, 2016, 02:41:11 pm
I think we can count him as one of the 13 next year.

He has 0 shot at the NBA.

You never know.  I was thinking it was 0 chance as well.  But, he's started to move onto some mock boards in the last few days.

He's currently #52 on nbadraft.net big board and #57 on Chad Fords big board.  And as we seen with Powell, Young, and Qualls, just because it makes all the sense in the world to return doesn't mean they will do it.  I do think he'll end up staying, but I wouldn't say there's 0 chance.

hobhog

If he improves half of what he did this past off season he will be fun to watch and could take us on his shoulders. Add Hannahs and a couple of other guards stepping up and I'll be excited.

MA needs that to happen and I think it can.

mbgrulz

Quote from: -Blu on March 10, 2016, 02:49:21 pm
You never know.  I was thinking it was 0 chance as well.  But, he's started to move onto some mock boards in the last few days.

He's currently #52 on nbadraft.net big board and #57 on Chad Fords big board.  And as we seen with Powell, Young, and Qualls, just because it makes all the sense in the world to return doesn't mean they will do it.  I do think he'll end up staying, but I wouldn't say there's 0 chance.
If any scouts watched him today, they had to be thinking the guy can't play. He looked AWFUL.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 10, 2016, 02:49:21 pm

Our coach needs to make sure he comes back....his job depends on it. We HAVE to have his presence down low next year if we have any shot at the dance. Kingsley going pro would mean that CMA is now 0-4 keeping guys that are borderline NBA players. You just can't keep letting those guys go....full court press to keep him one more year. 

root_hawg

10 points and 14 boards with a block ... not terrible but not great

-Blu

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 10, 2016, 02:54:59 pm
If any scouts watched him today, they had to be thinking the guy can't play. He looked AWFUL.

Scouts aren't going to overreact to one game.  They look at the entire body of work.  Everybody has bad games. 

Quote from: Danny J on March 10, 2016, 02:56:10 pm
Our coach needs to make sure he comes back....his job depends on it. We HAVE to have his presence down low next year if we have any shot at the dance. Kingsley going pro would mean that CMA is now 0-4 keeping guys that are borderline NBA players. You just can't keep letting those guys go....full court press to keep him one more year. 

I agree with you on that.  CMA has got to get the borderline guys to stay.  Kingsley may be the most important yet. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: root_hawg on March 10, 2016, 02:48:08 pm

How well does he rebound and block shots against like-sized or bigger players, though? I'd say he struggled there this season. Imagine trying to have that be your calling card in the NBA, where he would be among the league's smallest centers. I'd say he has a long way to go before he has a place in the NBA, but I also don't think that precludes him from going pro, either.

Atlhogfan1

He should have let Portis go and counted on him leaving. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: root_hawg on March 10, 2016, 02:48:08 pm
If he's 6'10" I'll be shocked. Willie Cauley-Stein measured 6'11". I think Moses' problem is that he's a 6'8" center with a skinny build.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 03:00:26 pm
He should have let Portis go and counted on him leaving.
Yeah....I wasn't counting Portis. I was talking about borderline NBA players that probably weren't going to play a game in the NBA(not D league) and that includes Powell, BJ, Qualls and now Moses.

I agree with Blu.....definitely need Moses more than any of those other guys. Having Qualls this year and we would have likely made the NIT but that was about it. We have a chance at the dance next year but Kingsley is a must although that takes into account all the incoming players making it to campus.

Danny J

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 10, 2016, 03:03:13 pm
If he's 6'10" I'll be shocked. Willie Cauley-Stein measured 6'11". I think Moses' problem is that he's a 6'8" center with a skinny build.
Yeah....he is not 6'10" even in shoes. I think he is closer to 9 in shoes.

-Blu

Yea, I don't usually do the heights debate, because how can you really tell from TV, but Moses is more like 6'9, if everyone else heights are accurate.  I know Portis use to look at least a couple inches taller than him.

mbgrulz

Quote from: root_hawg on March 10, 2016, 02:58:09 pm
10 points and 14 boards with a block ... not terrible but not great
Did you watch? Make no mistake, he absolutely was awful.

I mean that in relationship to the standard that he has set for his play.

root_hawg

yes I watched, the whole team cept one looked bad but even on a game we call awful, he still had a double double.

-Blu

Quote from: Danny J on March 10, 2016, 03:04:34 pm
I agree with Blu.....definitely need Moses more than any of those other guys. Having Qualls this year and we would have likely made the NIT but that was about it. We have a chance at the dance next year but Kingsley is a must although that takes into account all the incoming players making it to campus.

Yea, Kingsley is without a doubt the most important recruit in this 2016 class.  He's a first team all SEC caliber player next year.  You have to keep those type of guys.  It would be different if he was projected as a first rounder or had that potential to have some good workouts and work himself there, but that's not the case.  With good workouts he can be a late second rounder.  You have to get those type of guys to return, no excuses on that.

Hawg Red

Moses was last measured in 2012 at 6'9.5 in shoes. Puts him right at 6'8 w/o shoes, but that was 4 years ago.

Atlhogfan1

Moses left a lot of points on the court today.  FT line and some close opportunities.  Other Hogs did as well.  Fl challenged shots for the most part although Egbunu did hang back a few times protecting that hand.  Fl got the advantage late in the first half when Egbunu got them some second chance opportunities.  Helped lead to the 6 pt lead and some momentum. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

colavito

Scott Hastings made a pretty good living for a very long time in the NBA going up against the bigs in practices.  I expect pretty much the same for Kingsley.  He could also make good money overseas.  He should take whatever opportunity presents itself.  With or without Moses, we're looking at basically the same results next season.

mbgrulz

Quote from: colavito on March 10, 2016, 03:14:08 pm
Scott Hastings made a pretty good living for a very long time in the NBA going up against the bigs in practices.  I expect pretty much the same for Kingsley.  He could also make good money overseas.  He should take whatever opportunity presents itself.  With or without Moses, we're looking at basically the same results next season.
We're adding 7 new players...Your last sentance makes no sense.

root_hawg

Thought it was 5 .. who am I missing

LRHawg

I just hope his layups get better next year.

rljjr

I love Kingsley, but he had an off day when we needed him. He got dominated by a guy with one serviceable hand. He needs to come back, polish his game and then go to the NBA. I want him to succeed at the highest level and right now I think he'd end up in some Euro-league.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: root_hawg on March 10, 2016, 03:20:17 pm
Thought it was 5 .. who am I missing

Bailey
Jones
3 JUCOs
Thomas
+1 more big, ideally
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Iceman

Moses is Jarvis Varnado 2.0 in terms of SEC vs. NBA.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 03:24:37 pm
Bailey
Jones
3 JUCOs
Thomas
+1 more big, ideally

How many players will that make who have come into the program in 6 seasons? 

gmarv

Quote from: colavito on March 10, 2016, 03:14:08 pm
with or with out moses we will be better next year.with him we could be much better thou.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 03:25:56 pm
A lot....transfers in and out every year.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 03:25:56 pm

2011-12 - Pel's class
Freshman - BJ Young, Kye Madden, Hunter Mickelson, Devonta Abron

2012-13
Freshman - Jacorey Williams, Anthlon Bell, Michael Qualls, Dee Wagner
Transfer - Fred Gulley
JUCO - Coty Clarke

2013-14
Freshman - Bobby Portis, Moses Kingsley, Manny Watkins
Transfer - Alandise Harris

2014-15
Freshman - Anton Beard, Nick Babb, Trey Thompson
Transfer - Keaton Miles
JUCO - Jabril Durham

2015-16
Freshman - Jimmy Whitt, Doobie Jenkins
Transfer - Willy Kouassi, Dusty Hannahs
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 03:33:21 pm
Not including Pel's last class:

2012-13
Freshman - Jacorey Williams, Anthlon Bell, Michael Qualls, Dee Wagner
Transfer - Fred Gulley
JUCO - Coty Clarke

2013-14
Freshman - Bobby Portis, Moses Kingsley, Manny Watkins
Transfer - Alandise Harris

2014-15
Freshman - Anton Beard, Nick Babb, Trey Thompson
Transfer - Keaton Miles
JUCO - Jabril Durham

2015-16
Freshman - Jimmy Whitt, Doobie Jenkins
Transfer - Willy Kouassi, Dusty Hannahs

19 in 4 plus 6-7 this next season it looks like  - averaging about 5 a year

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 03:36:07 pm
19 in 4 plus 6-7 this next season it looks like  - averaging about 5 a year

I went ahead and added Pel's class, since Mike chose to keep them all and not use the remaining two scholarships that spring/summer.

Porked Tongue

He won't be here.

Not saying he's NBA bound or a lottery pick, but look for him to go overseas at the minimum.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 10, 2016, 03:42:04 pm
He won't be here.

Not saying he's NBA bound or a lottery pick, but look for him to go overseas at the minimum.

That would mean MA's seat just got a lot hotter

hogwood

He's been measured at 6'9.8". So is Trey.

HawgAdvocate

March 10, 2016, 03:47:42 pm #36 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:13:12 pm by HawgAdvocate
He won't be here.

Damn. I'm assuming his family isn't exactly living the good life over in Nigeria. His family lives among all the bombing taking place over there. (http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/the-story-of-moses-kingsley/)

The staff is certainly targeting another big man. They should know better than to get caught with their pants down, three out of the last four years (Portis/Kapita last year and BJYoung/Desmond Lee two years prior).

The question is, when will Moses graduate?

Letsroll1200

He won't be here.

Moses most likely will be back. If the NBA is the goal he returns. Playing overseas is not easy and it's a serious grind.

jjdlc

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 03:47:42 pm
Damn. I'm assuming his family isn't exactly living the good life over in Nigeria.

The staff is certainly targeting another big man. They should know better than to get caught with their pants down, three out of the last four years (Portis/Kapita last year and BJYoung/Desmond Lee two years prior).

Judging by the fact that they are very actively pursuing two big men, even when we technically have no scholarships, I would say they are determined not to get caught in the same situation.  That said, I still think Kingsley comes back.  If he stays, and we get both of those big men, the numbers will work themselves out.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2016, 04:11:58 pm
Moses most likely will be back. If the NBA is the goal he returns. Playing overseas is not easy and it's a serious grind.

I don't think Porked is posting that based on what he should do. 

poloprince

He will be back because he doesn't play well enough through contact and he doesn't finish at the rim well enough to make that leap.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

He won't be here.

This is one of those times where I hope you're right, but I'm concerned there is something to this with how hard they're going after both of those big men from Scotland Prep. It seems like they would take both of them, which means someone has to move on. If Jenkins is redshirting......that means we're losing someone before their time. Yikes.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 04:13:04 pm
I don't think Porked is posting that based on what he should do. 

This. I believe he made a similar comment last year regarding Portis and Qualls

Hawg Red

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 11, 2016, 08:21:57 am
This. I believe he made a similar comment last year regarding Portis and Qualls

He did. He was very accurate on that situation.

bighog2255

He won't be here.

Another blow to the program if this turns out to be true. This poster has more credibility than anyone else saying he "will be back".

Could possibly be why assistants are trying to recruit a few 6'10" foreign kids, per RD

azhog10

March 11, 2016, 08:29:57 am #45 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:05:12 am by azhog10
Kingsley isn't going to be drafted. However, overseas is always an option. That's a decision he has to make for him and his family. I think he could see a much bigger payday if he were to stay. But he has to do what he has to do for his family and it looks as though CMA is at least trying to get on top of things quicker than last season. It would be huge if he stayed but if he doesn't I think everyone understands the decision isn't just about him specifically. It's much deeply routed than that.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 11, 2016, 07:37:56 am
This is one of those times where I hope you're right, but I'm concerned there is something to this with how hard they're going after both of those big men from Scotland Prep. It seems like they would take both of them, which means someone has to move on. If Jenkins is redshirting......that means we're losing someone before their time. Yikes.

I wouldn't read too much into that, just yet.  Neither have an offer.  RD even said in the comments on the article they are recruiting both of them hoping to land 1. 

And just from following the recruitment and putting stuff together looks like Watkins went to visit Dembele, and then noticed Zecevic on the visit, because there were no reports of us recruiting him until after he came back from the visit.  Demebele looks like he would be the harder guy to land he's got a pretty solid offer list, Zecevic could be the back-up plan, his offer list only consist of mid-majors right now.

I would assume they are of the mindset right now, if both want to come, that will be a good problem to have and they'll deal with it if it happens.  But, I'd be shocked if they landed both. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: azhog10 on March 11, 2016, 08:29:57 am
Portis isn't going to be drafted.

Lol, Portis did get drafted. But clearly you mean Moses

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 11, 2016, 08:23:47 am
He did. He was very accurate on that situation.

Yes he was. And if he is spot on about this one, I'm not sure MA can survive.

I truly believe we are a hands down NCAAt team next year with Moses, Hannah's and I expect Barford to be major impact player. However, take Moses out of that....... and it might get so bad Blu may start leading the time for a change chants.

Hoggish1

True.  Bulk Moses up, make him much stronger and make sure he comes back or it's curtains for Mike...

Bulk him up and make him stronger and it means, with the way he continues to improve that he will go very high in next year's draft—a win win form both parties.