Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Props to Hannahs

Started by jjdlc, March 10, 2016, 02:17:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razoredge178

Quote from: hoglady on March 10, 2016, 03:12:07 pm
I'm not talking about earlier in the game - I understand he took a lot of shots, I'm talking about right after that timeout where the announcers said Mike told them to rebound. Florida was reeling and Hannahs was on fire - I think 2 straight times down the floor he never touched the ball. If we could have done something right there, Florida would have really been feeling the pressure.

We have 5 JUCO players on our roster right now...Hannahs is the only star in the bunch.

Makes for a grim outlook when you consider we're spending it forward on 3 JUCO's coming in.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 10, 2016, 03:16:47 pm
We have 5 JUCO players on our roster right now...Hannahs is the only star in the bunch.

Makes for a grim outlook when you consider we're spending it forward on 3 JUCO's coming in.

Well, to be fair, Hannahs wasn't a JUCO transfer.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 10, 2016, 03:16:47 pm

We have 1 JUCO player on our roster right now.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 03:18:36 pm
Well, to be fair, Hannahs wasn't a JUCO transfer.

TT can be confused for a JC. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

wupigsuey

Quote from: jjdlc on March 10, 2016, 02:17:17 pm
He did everything in his power to get a win.  He deserved a better effort from the rest of the team.

I approve this message
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

zebradynasty

March 10, 2016, 04:37:33 pm #56 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:56:19 pm by zebradynasty
Comes down to a lack of quality depth. This team looked tired down the stretch of the season. At times it could push through the tiredness and sometimes it couldn't. MA will have to get more scorers and shooters on the team. The drop off from the first and second team was too great. If you remember when we were really rollin with Nolan we came at teams in waves. Solid scoring threats just sitting on the bench waiting to get in. Maybe he can turn it around with the next couple of classes but you wont beat KY with 2-3 decent players! I think MA is aware of all of this and looking at the incoming class he is moving toward addressing the depth issue. If he can't sign another big or two...I would sign a good scorer or defender.

hogman99

Agree, Dusty has been a bright spot on the team.  His creativity in his shots as well as his fire in the belly really sets him apart. Very fun watching him play the game.

razoredge178

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 10, 2016, 03:19:33 pm
We have 1 JUCO player on our roster right now.

OK--so transfers, JUCO or otherwise. And I concede that I may be looking at the roster wrong, but I read this:

Kouassi, SR, from Kennasaw State
Hannahs, JR, Tech
Durham, SR, Seminole State College
Deshaun Stark, JR, Drury U.
Dustin Thomas, JR Colorado
Miles, SR, West Virginia

So am I reading this wrong or do we have 6 upperclassmen from other colleges, JUCO or otherwise?

And the point still being that transferring juniors in from other colleges hasn't thus far been very productive, thus relying on MORE transfers doesn't instill much confidence.

Nipsey Mussle

Oh how quickly things are forgotten on Hogville.

This summer Hannahs was a waste of a scholarship and never going to amount to anything. Hawg Red defended him and urged others to wait and give him a chance.

I was in "wait and see" mode and I'm truly amazed with how well he played on the offensive end.

Can posters here stop being 100% sure on everything until something actually happens?

jdlew

Quote from: hogman99 on March 10, 2016, 04:39:58 pm
Agree, Dusty has been a bright spot on the team.  His creativity in his shots as well as his fire in the belly really sets him apart. Very fun watching him play the game.

MA really didn't want him...No excuse for no signing  him out of High School...No.. he was signing guys like Dee Wagner...