Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tournament Possibilities

Started by lynbug, February 24, 2016, 11:41:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicCityHogFan

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 26, 2016, 02:23:18 am
As Sun Belt champion, UALR is a lock for the NIT if they do not get into the NCAA.

every conference champion makes the NCAA Tournament....

Uncommon

Regular Season Conference Champion = Automatic NIT Bid
Conference Tournament Champion = Automatic NCAA Tournament Bid

gmarv

we win against usc-e and we can at least start talking about our seeding in the nit.be nice to end this year on a positive not.

jbcarol

What about the Vegas 16?

http://www.vegas16.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021816aac.html

QuoteThe new Vegas 16 tournament, similar to the Postseason NIT, features 16 teams playing a single-elimination tournament on March 26-30, 2016 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. All 16 teams will be housed at resort properties on the Las Vegas Strip. The tournament field and seeding will be announced shortly after the NCAA Tournament announcement on Selection Sunday. The action then tips 13 days later to give teams and fans ample time to schedule travel to Las Vegas.

"While the NCAA Tournament continues to rule Madness, there's been a real need to create an affordable, attractive event at a destination location for teams who have had a terrific season yet were unable to qualify as one of the top 68 programs on Selection Sunday," said Brooks Downing, President and CEO of bd Global. "Our research indicates we will attract high-quality programs with this simplistic approach. This will be a premium event in one premium location."

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PonderinHog

HogFaninMemphis

I wanna go to Vegas. sounds fun
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

jbcarol

Matt Brown ‏@MattBrownCFB  9m9 minutes ago
I assume the CBI selection show will be broadcast via Periscope from someone's garage
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.