Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Day Of Retirement...

Started by JIMMY BOARFFETT, February 02, 2009, 07:29:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: wayne1958 on February 02, 2009, 07:50:43 pm
You taking applications?

The wife says I need another job.  So, I'll be submitting applications soon.

HogBreath

Congrats and good luck.  Nice looking rainbows too!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogcoots

I can't wait until retirement.  I envy you.

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

deshahawg

I'm 26 and trying everyday to find a way to retire now. The lottery seems to be the best option I've found.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kodiak

Congrats!    Have a good time!!!!!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

SpareRib

Hey Jimmy - Nothing eats like speckled carp from the L'il Missouri.  Trotline?   ;D

J/K - Great pic and congratulations. 
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: SpareRib on February 04, 2009, 03:24:53 pm
Hey Jimmy - Nothing eats like speckled carp from the L'il Missouri.  Trotline?   ;D

J/K - Great pic and congratulations. 

It's called "Catch and Release (in the grease)".

SpareRib

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 04, 2009, 09:46:16 pm
It's called "Catch and Release (in the grease)".

We refer to it as "filet and release."   :)

Great news on your joining the ranks of the gainfully unemployed.  We'll have to compare notes sometime on the things we were supposed to be doing while we were fishing.

You're off to a great start!
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

clifflee4mvp

looks like fun........

come on arkansas lotto! help me out!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: SpareRib on February 05, 2009, 12:53:22 am
We refer to it as "filet and release."   :)

Great news on your joining the ranks of the gainfully unemployed.  We'll have to compare notes sometime on the things we were supposed to be doing while we were fishing.

You're off to a great start!

This event all came under the guise of "I'll fix supper tonight Honey".

DeltaBoy

Not a bad trade off there Jimmy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

SpareRib

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 05, 2009, 07:00:57 am
This event all came under the guise of "I'll fix supper tonight Honey".

You're good, man ... really good!

twistitup

Congrats on the trout...and retirement.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

deltahogfan

Congrats on the retirement. Of course, now that u have time, u can go and catch some crappie and let someone else have the coldwater grinnels!  :) ;) :D ;D
Those who get there first with the most.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: deltahogfan on February 06, 2009, 03:07:59 pm
Congrats on the retirement. Of course, now that u have time, u can go and catch some crappie and let someone else have the coldwater grinnels!  :) ;) :D ;D

I've got some crappie plans and real soon too.

DeltaBoy

Enjoy retirement I plan to go into semi-retirement in 10 more years when My wife has 25 years in with the Education system.

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2009, 02:57:58 pm
Enjoy retirement I plan to go into semi-retirement in 10 more years when My wife has 25 years in with the Education system.

You'll have over 10 million posts on hogville by then...
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

fineswine

Congrats! It must be nice to go fly fishing and not have to face the daily grind.  As a person I know says about retirement, "It's twice as much husband and half as much money".  Damn women, there's no pleasing them...

Cubbie08

Quote from: deshahawg on February 03, 2009, 08:28:35 am
I'm 26 and trying everyday to find a way to retire now. The lottery seems to be the best option I've found.

I'm 24 and looking to marry rich. Seems to be the way to go right now.