Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on the starting Lineup the last couple games.

Started by -Blu, January 25, 2014, 11:23:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Curious to thoughts on the starters for the last 2 games... Madden, Gulley, Bell, Clarke, Portis.

I'm really liking this lineup.  We've gotten quick scoring starts with lineup, and realistically with the way Gulley has been shooting we have 3 guys that are long range threats so you have to guard perimeter and that opens things open for Portis down low.  Even when Bell was struggling shooting in Tennessee he was still able to get better shots being alongside Madden and both of them running off of screens, he took advantage of that tonight.

And I kinda like Qualls as coming off the bench and then finishing the game, he seems to play his best basketball when he's doing that.  Hopefully he realizes we don't need him to be a jump shooting threat and be the leading scorer every game, we need him to be the Qualls that's making hustle plays, getting his long arms in the passing lanes on defense, rebounding, and slashing to the rim.  If he just does that he'll get 8-10 PPG just by being in the right place at the right time with his athleticism.